Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,973 members, 7,821,409 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Pray For The Desire To Forgive - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pray For The Desire To Forgive (106 Views)

Native Doctor Begs Prophet Odumeje To Forgive Ada Jesus Who Is Down With Stroke / Why You Should Learn How To Forgive, Very Important / What To Do When You Find It Difficult To Forgive Someone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pray For The Desire To Forgive by Btruth: 2:36am On Aug 28, 2023
Pray for the desire to forgive

Mon, 28 Aug 2023

‘Restore me, and I will return, For You are the Lord my God’ Jeremiah 31:18

When we have been hurt, our first instinct is to retaliate. We know it’s wrong because the Bible says we must forgive in order to be forgiven (see Mark 11:25). We also know that bitterness can hurt us physically and emotionally. But sometimes, we can’t bring ourselves to forgive, so we keep wrestling with it in our minds. Stop and think about what happens in a wrestling match. You focus on your opponent, clinging to them and trying to control them. Your aim is to put them on the mat and bring them into submission, and it requires all your energy. Plus, you risk getting hurt in the process. The only real power you have over someone who hurts you is the power of forgiveness. So for your own sake, forgive them and move on! Even though you don’t feel like forgiving, pray, ‘Restore me, and I will return, For You are the Lord my God’ (Jeremiah 31:18 NKJV). In other words, ‘Lord, make me willing to forgive.’ The old saying, ‘To err is human, to forgive is divine,’ is the truth. Now, small offences can be forgiven quickly, but big ones require divine assistance. And you can have it: ‘God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him’ (Philippians 2:13 NLT). Yes, you may want your offender to suffer, but when your greatest desire is to please the Lord, He will give you the grace to forgive. When you realise the blessings God has in store for you in the future, you will refuse to spend another moment stuck in the past.
Re: Pray For The Desire To Forgive by Asgard73: 3:13am On Aug 28, 2023
Thanks so much for this ..

Blessed be the name of our God most high.pray for his grace and strength to forgive a lot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pray For The Desire To Forgive by Btruth: 6:07am On Sep 01, 2023
Asgard73:
Thanks so much for this ..

Blessed be the name of our God most high.pray for his grace and strength to forgive a lot.
you are welcome sir.
Happy New Month.

(1) (Reply)

"God Is Most Glorified In Us When We Are Most Satisfied In Him." / Warning To Nigerian Leaders / The Heart Of Gratitude

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.