Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

OTILO..... E DON GO BE DAT - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OTILO..... E DON GO BE DAT (3320 Views)

Eluu P Don Go Back To He Normal Hustle / If You Read This And You Don't Weep For Nigeria, Your Mind Is Far Gone Otilo / IPOB Member Declaring National Strike: No Be Juju Be Dat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OTILO..... E DON GO BE DAT by Ngozi123(f): 6:35pm On Aug 28, 2023
Philgafauto:

We are dealing with your menace subtly. If you pay attention to the enforcement actions of the building agencies in Lagos, you will notice.

But that is even pale in comparison to the psychological damage that the dismissal of Peter Obi's petition will have on you igbos.

Keep your crassness and hubris up. Yoruba will deal with you systematically.

You expose yourself with each post. From pretending to be a former Obi supporter (in order to seem more credible in your denigration of his character) to advocating the expulsion of the Igbos from Lagos... All of this in just a few posts cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OTILO..... E DON GO BE DAT by Philgafauto: 6:37pm On Aug 28, 2023
opamoses1:

To think this OP was a hardcore Obidient. Maybe one of those that voted Peter Obi in Lagos.
I have seen his past post where he was always dragging other party supporters especially APC, on behalf of Peter Obi. He has now seen that "woke" people like him were just a means to an end.

Yes oooo, i supported and contributed my hard earned money to Peter Obi's campaign. I even fought with my friends and fellow yorubas from my university days. I cant forget how i cursed my Ex who is an RCCG SU that she is a disgrace to Christianity for voting a Muslim/Muslim ticket. Because of that election, i developed hatred for RCCG and Baba Adeboye sef. I really did damage during the election but with the benefit of hindsight, i regret my actions for Peter Obi. The Igbos are just not psychologically ready for leadership and if Peter Obi had won, yorubas would have suffered. I am quite pleased with the religious balance in the appointments of Asiwaju so far and his subtle weaning out of Nasir EL-Rufai, who is a religious bigot.

Its just unfortunate for the Igbos that things had to turn out this way against them. That is life.

4 Likes

Re: OTILO..... E DON GO BE DAT by Philgafauto: 6:38pm On Aug 28, 2023
Ngozi123:

You expose yourself with each post. From pretending to be a former Obi supporter (in order to seem more credible in your denigration of his character) to advocating the expulsion of the Igbos from Lagos... All of this in just a few posts cheesy

I dont care. All gloves are off. You guys deserve to be expelled.

Una wahala too much.

4 Likes

Re: OTILO..... E DON GO BE DAT by opamoses1: 6:40pm On Aug 28, 2023
nothingspoil70:
No one is cheating Obi. He never won the election. He is not even claiming that he won the election. He is only asking the court to disqualify the winner and give the presidency to him.

IMPOSSIBLE
Exactly. OP is still an Obidient at heart. The programing/brain washing on them is very strong and OP is not yet completely out of it. They are just like the Trump MAGA crowd in America where family had to register their siblings, parents, daughters, sons, friends e.t.c into rehab to completely flush them of MAGA extremism.

How could Obi have won when it's obvious that PDP (Atiku, Obi, Kwawkanso) all splitted their votes thereby creating a smooth path to victory for Tinubu.

PDP was always APC greatest worry. APC only got lucky as a result of Obi and Kwawkanso going rogue.

3 Likes

Re: OTILO..... E DON GO BE DAT by Ngozi123(f): 6:41pm On Aug 28, 2023
leanonme82:

See these ones with the most useless governors in Nigeria are talking about other regions leaders being corrupt and criminal.

I can't even laugh. Delusions.

Maybe you need to re-read what I posted...
Re: OTILO..... E DON GO BE DAT by Ngozi123(f): 6:42pm On Aug 28, 2023
Philgafauto:

I dont care. All gloves are off. You guys deserve to be expelled.

Una wahala too much.

Nice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OTILO..... E DON GO BE DAT by Philgafauto: 6:42pm On Aug 28, 2023
Ofunaofu:

OP, you got it all wrong with the assertion that the last election is all about Peter Obi and the Igbos.

If that is the case, What do you have to say about Atiku

Atiku was a victim of his own ambition. He betrayed Nyesom Wike who had spent Rivers State wealth to sustain PDP.

Further, Atiku could not convince Peter Obi to stay in the PDP. Over all, it would have been morally reprehensible for a Northerner to succeed another Northerner in a weak and divided country like Nigeria.

Maybe Atiku was just not destined to be President.

2 Likes

Re: OTILO..... E DON GO BE DAT by opamoses1: 6:44pm On Aug 28, 2023
Philgafauto:

Yes oooo, i supported and contributed my hard earned money to Peter Obi's campaign. I even fought with my friends and fellow yorubas from my university days. I cant forget how i cursed my Ex who is an RCCG SU that she is a disgrace to Christianity for voting a Muslim/Muslim ticket. Because of that election, i developed hatred for RCCG and Baba Adeboye sef. I really did damage during the election but with the benefit of hindsight, i regret my actions for Peter Obi. The Igbos are just not psychologically ready for leadership and if Peter Obi had won, yorubas would have suffered. I am quite pleased with the religious balance in the appointments of Asiwaju so far and his subtle weaning out of Nasir EL-Rufai, who is a religious bigot.

Its just unfortunate for the Igbos that things had to turn out this way against them. That is life.
I get you, but it seems you still have a soft spot for the movement. Which makes sense considering the amount of time and money invested in the cause.

We all want a greater Nigeria. I personally prefered Sowore, but voted BAT due to the politics of hatred that Obidients started off with. It was a huge turn off for me. I almost voted Sowore on election day, but my vote for Tinubu was that of a protest against having Peter Obi anywhere near power due to the actions of his mob. He 99% of the time never spoke out against their mob action. He was complicit, kept quiet and never bothered to correct them when they dragged and insulted so many people for having a different opinion than theirs.

1 Like

Re: OTILO..... E DON GO BE DAT by Philgafauto: 6:49pm On Aug 28, 2023
opamoses1:

Exactly. OP is still an Obidient at heart. The programing/brain washing on them is very strong and OP is not yet completely out of it. They are just like the Trump MAGA crowd in America where family had to register their siblings, parents, daughters, sons, friends e.t.c into rehab to completely flush them of MAGA extremism.

How could Obi have won when it's obvious that PDP (Atiku, Obi, Kwawkanso) all splitted their votes thereby creating a smooth path to victory for Tinubu.

PDP was always APC greatest worry. APC only got lucky as a result of Obi and Kwawkanso going rogue.

The Obidient movement pull is strong but most non-Igbos have left. What really swelled the Obidient movement was Christian resentment and grievance against the Muslim/Muslim ticket. It is not that Peter Obi is that magnificent. Peter Obi is just as dim witted as the average Igbis trader in Ochanja market. As a Christian, I still feel the Muslim/Muslim Ticket is wrong. Asiwaju and APC are very lucky that Nnamdi Kanu is in detention. If not, Nigeria will have been upside down by now. Peter Obi is a dull idealist who cannot make things happen by gathering a coalition of strong men to scatter Nigeria. He had the momentum but he scuttled it.

To wrest power from APC, blood must be shed. There is no doubt about that. APC was just lucky that Peter Obi and Igbos are presently at their weakest state ever perhaps next to when they lost the civil war.

As for your analysis on PDP, you are partly correct. But even with the division in PDP, INEC still had to rig heavily for Asiwaju to win the election.

2 Likes

Re: OTILO..... E DON GO BE DAT by Kusu12: 6:52pm On Aug 28, 2023
Obi didn't win the elections. Pained and deluded obidot.

3 Likes

Re: OTILO..... E DON GO BE DAT by mrvitalis(m): 6:54pm On Aug 28, 2023
Philgafauto:

He was cheated. But that is a topic that has been thrashed repeatedly.

He is a weak man from a weak tribe in Nigeria so he can be treated any how.
You want igbos to come out and fight for Nigeria ?
The last time an igbonman did that they tagged it Igbo coup

I always tell people like u change your name to Igbo name for 5 years then you would understand what igbod faced

Most obedients are igbos? Did you do basic maths? U can calculate the votes he got in South East / the votes he got

There are regions in Nigeria that would never vote and Igbo man even if God himself tells them he would be the one to make them rich
Large percentage of Yoruba and Hausa Fulanis.. This two people would never

So please Nigerians should enjoy tinubu and leave igbos alone

People are complaining stealing palliatives North West and South have you seen any in South East? Have you seen palliatives shared in igbo land by the government?

No be we suffer pass

Buhari anti Igbo policies made many Igbo billionaires and millonaores tinubu can follow that part for all we care

There is absolutely nothing Nigeria can do to igbos that we haven't faced worse before

Make una fight una fight leave igbos alone

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OTILO..... E DON GO BE DAT by opamoses1: 6:57pm On Aug 28, 2023
mrvitalis:

I always tell people like u change your name to Igbo name for 5 years then you would understand what igbod faced

Most obedients are igbos? Did you do basic maths? U can calculate the votes he got in South East / the votes he got

There are regions in Nigeria that would never vote and Igbo man even if God himself tells them he would be the one to make them rich

People are complaining stealing palliatives North West and South have you seen any in South East? Have you seen palliatives shared in igbo land by the government?

No be we suffer pass

Buhari anti Igbo policies made many Igbo billionaires and millonaores tinubu can follow that part for all we care

There is absolutely nothing Nigeria can do to igbos that we haven't faced worse before

You lie too much. Which yeye Billionaires and millionares grin

Below is Ekpaezu sharing eba and Egunsi soup later in Bubari's second term to the so called Millionaires and Billionaires. Una go dey talk as if you don't have poor people in Alaigbo.

2 Likes

Re: OTILO..... E DON GO BE DAT by Philgafauto: 6:58pm On Aug 28, 2023
opamoses1:

I get you, but it seems you still have a soft spot for the movement. Which makes sense considering the amount of time and money invested in the cause.

We all want a greater Nigeria. I personally prefered Sowore, but voted BAT due to the politics of hatred that Obidients started off with. It was a huge turn off for me. I almost voted Sowore on election day, but my vote for Tinubu was that of a protest against having Peter Obi anywhere near power due to the actions of his mob. He 99% of the time never spoke out against their mob action. He was complicit, kept quiet and never bothered to correct them when they dragged and insulted so many people for having a different opinion than theirs.

My brother, i understand you jaree. Now when i go on twitter, i see them retweeting and liking their own lies. The fact is that the remnant of that movement now consists of mainly igbo, IPOB nationalists who are showing their true hatred for the rest of the country. I really dont blame them and i understand their angst. They are being told that an Igbo man cannot be President of Nigeria to their face. They have justifiable anger. But my grouse with them and Peter Obi is that they surprisingly have faith in the Nigerian judicial system to deliver justice. I dont know why they feel the Courts can save Peter Obi. I think civil disobedience by the Easterners is a more viable path to the attainment of justice. It is sure that they will meet disappointment from the Courts and i cannot wait for their melt down after the petition is dismissed.

As for their toxicity during the electioneering period, it was exhilarating then because the movement then had the force of Nigerian youths and the Nigerian Church so i really did not care. I just wanted APC gone. Now that my eyes are clear, i just sit back and enjoy their madness and delusions on twitter. I look forward to the judgment of the Court of Appeal which i know is the most important decsion. Once the petition is dismissed, the Supreme Court will just affirm the decision of the Court below.

2 Likes

Re: OTILO..... E DON GO BE DAT by Afamed: 7:02pm On Aug 28, 2023
Obi himself admitted he didn't win any election.

Where all Nigerians that voted for Obi came from remains a mystery

2 Likes

Re: OTILO..... E DON GO BE DAT by leanonme82: 7:04pm On Aug 28, 2023
Ngozi123:

There are many yorubas in his shoes. Keep insulting yoruba women, yoruba food, yoruba history and yoruba heritage in every comment section. The anti-igbo sentiment is increasing everyday in the SW and I LOVE it. Someof us prayed for days like these. When the scales fall off from these liberal yorubas eyes to see their real enemy in Nigeria. Is coming. grin

5 Likes

Re: OTILO..... E DON GO BE DAT by opamoses1: 7:04pm On Aug 28, 2023
Afamed:

The maths did not work in his favour. He made a strong showing in the SE and that's about it.

However, the votes of the SE alone can't win a presidential election in Nigeria. He needs the handshake across the Niger which he seriously lacked. Obidients who are majorly igbos did not even help his cause.

2 Likes

Re: OTILO..... E DON GO BE DAT by Philgafauto: 7:05pm On Aug 28, 2023
Afamed:

it is well. I am just waiting for what the remnant of the Obidient movement will do when the judgment does not favor them.

I have been waiting for 2 years now for them to take action offline but they remain largely confined to Twitter.

We all laboured in vain as prophesied by Asiwaju Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: OTILO..... E DON GO BE DAT by Philgafauto: 7:07pm On Aug 28, 2023
leanonme82:

There are many yorubas in his shoes. Keep insulting yoruba women, yoruba food, yoruba history and yoruba heritage in every comment section. The anti-igbo sentiment is increasing everyday in the SW and I LOVE it. Someof us prayed for days like these. When the scales fall off from these liberal yorubas eyes to see their real enemy in Nigeria. Is coming. grin

This is very correct. No Igbo man can have the momentum Peter Obi had in yorubaland. Now Obidients (now constituted of staunch IPOB nationalists, which is not a bad thing) have destroyed that with their insults and pride.

We liberal Yorubas have returned to our normal lives but Igbo Obidients are still running mad on social media.

4 Likes

Re: OTILO..... E DON GO BE DAT by Philgafauto: 7:08pm On Aug 28, 2023
mrvitalis:

No be we suffer pass

SMH.... You go dey alright

1 Like

Re: OTILO..... E DON GO BE DAT by tribalmall: 7:08pm On Aug 28, 2023
How do you lose an election n expect to get the job of the winner done ? We're you born with jaundice of the brain ?!

Joey4321:
He simply doesn't play do or die politics like your other politicians.

If he doesn't get the jobs, he will continue with the one he has, while trying other means to help his motherland.

Everything must not resolve to chaos and bloodshed.

His ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian.

Good luck already taught this, but it seems like Nigerians seems like Nigerians are doomed for bad leadership.

Abeg let's talk about something else.

3 Likes

Re: OTILO..... E DON GO BE DAT by allthingsgood: 7:08pm On Aug 28, 2023
Philgafauto:
Rumors are swelling that the PEPT has set a date for judgment in the various petitions filed by the opposition parties against the election of February 25, 2023. All Nigerians came out to vote for Peter Obi on that day but he was cheated. Instead of Nigerians to revolt on the spot when the momentum was high, Peter Obi in his usual feminine and soft style chose to approach a compromised judiciary in a failed and utterly corrupt African basket case of a contraption (Nigeria) for justice. Twitter is filled with Obidients raising their hopes and Blood Pressure in anticipation for the definite disappointment that will hit them on September 16, 2023.

These are the reasons Peter Obi and the Igbos will be cheated and nothing will happen:

1. Most Obidients are Igbos are they are not ready to fight and die on the streets of major Nigerian cities.

2. The lives and properties of millions of igbos living outside the South East will be put in extreme danger if the Courts even conceive the idea of delivering justice to Nigerians. Igbos are to blame for that because they made themselves easy targets for attack by investing and dwelling mainly outside their homeland.

3. IPOB, who are the glory and punching arms of the Igbos seem not to like or care for Peter Obi. In fact, the incarceration of Nnamdi Kanu has severely degraded the political and social capabilities of igbos to the extent that the Nigerian state dont fear them anymore.

4. The Igbo elites and celebrities dont really like Peter Obi. In fact, average igbo boys doing trade in lagos hate Peter Obi because they say he is very stingy. I have spoken with many of them in this lagos and they admitted to not liking him for the way he ruled in Anambra. The elites have kept quiet while their brother was cheated and disgraced by the Nigerian state. This problem is for the igbos to solve because millions of non-igbos have tried on this peter obi matter.

5. Peter Obi is an idealist and he is f.ucking stingy. I will repeat it, the man is too stingy. This is because, in the whole of igbo land, no strong man is willing to come out and risk his life for him. I have watched the man very carefully and i realised he only depends on Obidients who are very young and educated Nigerians to fight his cause for him. The youth movement called Obidient has really tried for Peter Obi and will not lay down their lives for him in a confrontation against the Federal Government of Nigeria.

Igbo elites and intelligentsia should come out and make their voices heard on this Peter Obi matter or they should shut up for ever about their alleged marginalisation in Nigeria. No non-igbo should go out and die for Peter Obi when he is cheated on September 16, 2023. If Peter Obi cannot get strong men in the east and the igbo elites to stand up for him, then it speaks to his character as a person and as a politician. President Tinubu has thousands of Nigerians who are ready to spill blood to protect him and that his because Bola Tinubu has raised and touched the lives of thousands of Nigerians through his philantropy over the years

No Nigerian politician will enjoy have the groundswell of support of Nigerian youths like Peter Obi had. It was a perfect opportunity for him to take power through the will of the masses but he allowed it to slip out of his hands because he is a soft, effeminate and idealist simpleton. An Nyesom Wike, or any sharp Nigerian politician for that matter, will never have allowed himself to be cheated the way Peter Obi did. Millions of Nigerians, especially Christians came out to support this man but he did not even have the support of the strong men in his region. Even in the absence of Nnamdi Kanu, there remains millions of strong igbo men that should have come out to make a statement but they never did because they dont like or believe in Peter Obi. That is a red flag every non-igbo should pay attention to. The Nigerian church and millions of non-igbos have tried for Peter Obi and the igbos abeg. Because of Peter Obi, our reverred men of God in Christiandom have faced ridicule and opprobrium. Millions of Christians dont attend church anymore due to the loss of faith in God and the church as a result of the many failed prophecies about this same charlatan, Peter Obi. The igbos cannot say that other Nigerians have not tried for their son. While it may seem late, the gauntlet can still be picked up and utilised to show their displeasure. The choice is all theirs (the igbos).

After the PEPT sanctions the electoral heist and robbery of February 25, 2023, i doubt any Igbo man will everr rule Nigeria again and they(igbos) deserve it. Never place money and business over your own diginity. They had the opportunity to show their displeasure over the injustice meted to their son but they have chosen to keep quiet because of properties, shops and their displaced citizens scattered in enemy regions all over Nigeria.

Have a blessed week and God bless Nigeria.

How can most obedients be igbo Even if every single igbo vote for Obi, he will still lose!
Your statement means that Obi clearly lost the election. Nothing like cheating

2 Likes

Re: OTILO..... E DON GO BE DAT by leanonme82: 7:11pm On Aug 28, 2023
Philgafauto:

We are dealing with your menace subtly. If you pay attention to the enforcement actions of the building agencies in Lagos, you will notice.

But that is even pale in comparison to the psychological damage that the dismissal of Peter Obi's petition will have on you igbos.

Keep your crassness and hubris up. Yoruba will deal with you systematically.

The word we use in place of the bolded is 'coping'. They have been trying to 'cope' hard. grin The new coping mechanism is hashtagging Chicago state university all over twitter and becoming more of a laughing stock in intelligence communities across the world. Dumb dumbs. tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OTILO..... E DON GO BE DAT by DomPerignon: 7:13pm On Aug 28, 2023
Chinjo2:
Though peter Obi is igbo., I doesn't mean Obidient movement is for the igbos. The movement is the coming together of all those that are willing to see Nigeria move to it's pride of place. Niger government thought nothing dey happen until the military took over.

In the 50s a similar hero worshipping movement appeared and it went by the name The Zikist movement.

The Zikists will lose out politically but later on same Zikists will become anti democratic as they saw Nigerians back then rejecting their Marxist idealogy.

The Zikist movement and it's Marxist ideology will later affect the military and from there the rest is history.

The Obidient are no different as they are a coalesced bunch of Anarcho-Zio-Marxists who have since realised that they can never smell power in a democratic setting hence why they are now clamouring and supporting coups all over Africa.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Azikiwe did not hesitate to either condemn or deny the Zikists and this will later haunt him as the Zikists will abandon him.

Obi knows this and thats why he has never condemn and distanced himself from the madness of the Anarcho Zio Marxist mob that worship him.

Will the Obidient movement survive until the next four years ? I hardly doubt this. The fluke recorded in seeing to non Ibos mostly southern and middlebelt Christians voting for Obi will not be replicated because the movement has now been exposed as purely an ethnic presidential bid and nothing else.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: OTILO..... E DON GO BE DAT by opamoses1: 7:14pm On Aug 28, 2023
allthingsgood:

How can most obedients be igbo Even if every single igbo vote for Obi, he will still lose!
He almost got all the votes in the SE and still lost. They are now hoping on a miracle from the judiciary Lol.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: OTILO..... E DON GO BE DAT by leanonme82: 7:16pm On Aug 28, 2023
tribalmall:
You are just a fool who reason like a lunatic
Even the Pandora criminal isn't claiming to have won the election yet you want Igbo to move out n start fighting.

A foolish oloriburuku like you your father will probably be indoor when Yorubas went out to fight for MKO mandate. Upon how glaring his victory was what was the end result if not the death of MKO n what did Yoruba do after ?

If you are Igbo masking as Yoruba I can understand your plain but for you to be a Yoruba with effrontery to write this I swear not only you but your entire household deserve to be stoned to your doomed judging how the Nigeria system cheated the Yoruba severally without Yoruba revolting but instead they learn to conquer the same system cheating them.

Per the bolded. Yorubas did a lot after. This is why Babangida rushed the move of the capital out of the SW and the reason you have a democracy. Have some respect for your forbears.

Sidenote - Babangida & Abacha building a city in less than 2 decades is not hyped enough though. Those evil generals deserve kudos for achieving that. cool

2 Likes

Re: OTILO..... E DON GO BE DAT by Philgafauto: 7:18pm On Aug 28, 2023
tribalmall:
You are just a fool who reason like a lunatic
Even the Pandora criminal isn't claiming to have won the election yet you want Igbo to move out n start fighting.

A foolish oloriburuku like you your father will probably be indoor when Yorubas went out to fight for MKO mandate. Upon how glaring his victory was what was the end result if not the death of MKO n what did Yoruba do after ?

If you are Igbo masking as Yoruba I can understand your plain but for you to be a Yoruba with effrontery to write this I swear not only you but your entire household deserve to be stoned to your doomed judging how the Nigeria system cheated the Yoruba severally without Yoruba revolting but instead they learn to conquer the same system cheating them.

I understand your vituperations. I have been accused of being igbo severally but i dont care.

The reason why i think they should revolt is that if they miss it now, they have missed it forever. It took them almost 50 years to get Nigerians to queue behind Peter Obi like Nigerians did. If the judgment goes against them in September, i feel that is the end for them. No non-Igbo will go through the stress we went for Peter Obi again. Even Peter Obi knows that the strength of the movement has waned compared to when it was optimal earlier this year.

Furthermore, the Nigerian in me knows that Peter Obi won that election because of the massive failure of APC under Buhari. No amount of tribalism can make me deny my conviction that for once, Peter Obi had the massive and organic following and votes of Nigerians. He should have built alliances with the strong men in his region and the elites to ensure he is not cheated. I am angry with him and his tribe because it seems they have accepted defeat without even trying to resist the injustice. I am a yoruba man and i repeat that Asiwaju did not win that election seh. Buhari, Mahmoud and the North just did not have any other choice but to give the Presidency to Asiwaju. I will hold on to that belief until the day of my death.

As for the igbos, if they choose to rely on a corrupt judiciary and accept thus lying down low, then that is their cup of tea. Otilor niyen. They might never be President ever again.

So you can swear for me and say i am a bastard but i wont deny my convictions to fit within your tribal lenses or coccoon.
Re: OTILO..... E DON GO BE DAT by Philgafauto: 7:20pm On Aug 28, 2023
allthingsgood:

I mean Obidients as presently constituted. Many non-Igbo Obidients have moved on with their lives. The main force of the Obidient movement are now staunch Igbo youths.

3 Likes

Re: OTILO..... E DON GO BE DAT by opamoses1: 7:24pm On Aug 28, 2023
Philgafauto:

I understand your vituperations. I have been accused of being igbo severally but i dont care.

The reason why i think they should revolt is that if they miss it now, they have missed it forever. It took them almost 50 years to get Nigerians to queue behind Peter Obi like Nigerians did. If the judgment goes against them in September, i feel that is the end for them. No non-Igbo will go through the stress we went for Peter Obi again. Even Peter Obi knows that the strength of the movement has waned compared to when it was optimal earlier this year.

Furthermore, the Nigerian in me knows that Peter Obi won that election because of the massive failure of APC under Buhari. No amount of tribalism can make me deny my conviction that for once, Peter Obi had the massive and organic following and votes of Nigerians. He should have built alliances with the strong men in his region and the elites to ensure he is not cheated. I am angry with him and his tribe because it seems they have accepted defeat without even trying to resist the injustice. I am a yoruba man and i repeat that Asiwaju did not win that election seh. Buhari, Mahmoud and the North just did not have any other choice but to give the Asiwaju. I will hold on to that belief until the day of my death.

As for the igbos, if they choose to rely on a corrupt judiciary and accept thus lying down low, then that is their cup of tea. Otilor niyen. They might never be President ever again.

So you can swear for me and say i am a bastard but i wont deny my convictions to fit within your tribal lenses or coccoon.

Peter Obi did not have any massive or organic following in the core north where the majority of northern votes come from. In the South as well. His majorly support was limit to the SE followed by remnants in Benin, Lagos and a few remnants where you have lots of Christians. That's not enough to win you a presidential election in Nigeria.

In the North = it was Atiku vs Tinubu
In the South = It was Tinubu vs Obi.

As you can see, Tinubu appeared twice in the equation above. This equation also resulted in how people cast their votes in the national Assembly elections which ApC won followed closely by PDP.

You may have hated APC under Buhari and still hate them. Infact, a lot of us do, but truth be told, Tinubu and APC had the clearest path to victory in that election.

But I respect your opinion though.

4 Likes

Re: OTILO..... E DON GO BE DAT by Philgafauto: 7:26pm On Aug 28, 2023
leanonme82:

Per the bolded. Yorubas did a lot after. This is why Babangida rushed the move of the capital out of the SW and the reason you have a democracy. Have some respect for your forbears.

Sidenote - Babangida & Abacha building a city in less than 2 decades is not hyped enough though. Those evil generals deserve kudos for achieving that. cool

Dont mind that guy. His own tribalism is strong and blind. So because i am yoruba, i should not say my mind abi?

When MKO was cheated, i know what we Yorubas did. Even Asiwaju became a NADECO foot soldier and we fought the Hausas, Babangida and Abacha to a standstill. Soyinka, Pa Abraham Adesanya, General Akinrinade, Tinubu and many other yoruba elders made Nigeria ungovernable for the military junta. The North had no choice but to compensate Yorubas by relinquishing power to Obasanjo.

If the igbos choose to lie down low, that is their choice. Yorubas will use their slot and they might never have the opportunity again. So to respond to that guy's attempt to obfuscate the facts, the Yorubas did a lot when Abiola was cheated by the military.

1 Like

Re: OTILO..... E DON GO BE DAT by Omoawoke2(m): 7:29pm On Aug 28, 2023
Philgafauto:

Partly, yes. I was of the opinion that Igbos too deserve to be President. But with their conduct and lethargy after Peter Obi was pushed aside, i now think they dont deserve it and will never get it.

They are defeated psychologically.

Yeah I feel they deserve to have a presidency

2 Likes

Re: OTILO..... E DON GO BE DAT by opamoses1: 7:34pm On Aug 28, 2023
Philgafauto:

Dont mind that guy. His own tribalism is strong and blind. So because i am yoruba, i should not say my mind abi?

When MKO was cheated, i know what we Yorubas did. Even Asiwaju became a NADECO foot soldier and we fought the Hausas, Babangida and Abacha to a standstill. Soyinka, Pa Abraham Adesanya, General Akinrinade, Tinubu and many other yoruba elders made Nigeria ungovernable for the military junta. The North had no choice but to compensate Yorubas by relinquishing power to Obasanjo.

If the igbos choose to lie down low, that is their choice. Yorubas will use their slot and they might never have the opportunity again. So to respond to that guy's attempt to obfuscate the facts, the Yorubas did a lot when Abiola was cheated by the military.
And Peter Obi in the employment of Abacha was frolicking and enjoying Nigeria's riches during those dark period.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet Hausa Woman Who Is A Professor Of Cyber Security At Top American University / Senate Wants Speedy Trial For Zakari Biu Over Kabiru Sokoto’s Escape / Musa Gowon: Son Of Yakubu Gowon To Return To Nigeria After 22 Years In US Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.