Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,897 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man (31688 Views)

See What Almajiri Brought In My House In Exchange For Food to eat (photos) / Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown / Drunk Man Ordered For 11 Plates Of Food Mistakenly (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by mrmayoh: 2:50pm On Aug 28, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnGqq5aJVx0?si=BV1NHampUf46urzj[/url]
The video of almajiri children scrambling for the remnants of food left by a man in Karonmajigi, Nigeria has gone viral, sparking outrage and sadness. The video shows the children, some of whom are barefoot and visibly malnourished, fighting over scraps of food.

Almajiri is a system of Islamic education in northern Nigeria. Under this system, young boys (4 years old and above) are sent to live with Islamic teachers, called malams, and receive Islamic knowledge. However, many almajiri children are not properly cared for by their malams and are forced to beg for food on the streets.

The video is a reminder of the plight of almajiri children in Nigeria. They are often neglected and abused, and they lack access to basic necessities like food, shelter, and education.

The parents of these children are partly to be blamed for their situation. They are the ones who send their children to live with malams just to avoid their responsibility whereas their children can seek for Islamic knowledge within their community. However, the government also bears some responsibility. They have not done enough to regulate the almajiri system.

Northern leaders need to courageously ban Almajiri because it has outlived its purpose.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by Sonia2212(f): 2:55pm On Aug 28, 2023
Chai it pains, begging for food is one of the worst thing that can happen
I write project's, thesis, dissertation, proposal.check my signature and contact me

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by mrvitalis(m): 2:57pm On Aug 28, 2023
And when Peter Obi talk about the poverty in the North they say he is calling them poor

Na Obi I blame sha... If I was him I would never contest never... What for

287 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by Adaisback(f): 3:00pm On Aug 28, 2023
Nlfpmod, pls my dear, move this to front page. Let the world see what Nigerians are going through under this evill govt

43 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by Parachoko: 3:04pm On Aug 28, 2023
mrvitalis:
And when Peter Obi talk about the poverty in the North they say he is calling them poor

He should not contest again because of how he failed in Anambra State.

A man who threaten to sack Anambra Civil Servants because they were asking him to pay them according to the National Minimum wage does not deserve to become the President.

Under his watch, Anambarians became more Poorer.

He gave Security Agencies the Freedom to Execute Anambarians

Nigerians won't vote a failure.

Pandora Will Never rule Nigeria

gammarays:

Igbos will never support you if you did them harm.
We know your news source and who you are.

At least it's on record that Obi won Tinubu in Anambra and Lagos.
Home and away

Results speaks
What harm did Asiwaju do to Igbos?

So nah Asiwaju command Uche Nwafor the DPO of Akwzu SARS to kill Igbo Youths extrajudicially and throw their bodies into the River? Uche Nwafor was rewarded by Obi and APGA for the extrajudicial killings of Anambarians, he was made a Special Adviser.

43 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by Christistruth03: 3:05pm On Aug 28, 2023
mrvitalis:

Peter Obi should start by first dealing with the Drug Dealers and Prostitutes in his home State

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by Naijanascam: 3:17pm On Aug 28, 2023
Parachoko:

A man who threaten to sack Anambra Civil Servants because they were asking him to pay them according to the National Minimum wage does not deserve to become the President.

He gave Security Agencies the Freedom to kill Nigerians extrajudicially

Foodlums and lovers of crumbs are the real problem to themselves........
If you really want them to sing worthlessly give them something

171 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by Parachoko: 3:22pm On Aug 28, 2023
Naijanascam:

Foodlums and lovers of crumbs are the real problem to themselves........
If you really want them to sing worthlessly give them something
You are the one need this advise.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by Jostoman: 4:01pm On Aug 28, 2023
In a country where every body supposed to be enjoying, God gave us everything we need in this country. That is the reason why its really pain me that death did not allow us to enjoy YARADUA before death took him away from us.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by Brendaniel: 4:04pm On Aug 28, 2023
That is what Tinubu wants to turn Nigerians to, but he will not succeed, these are people who have ruled the most in Nigeria and they remained the poorest region,

when I see people bragging about their tribe ruling and telling another tribe that they will never rule, I just remember the north and situations like this

82 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by Kingosytex(m): 4:05pm On Aug 28, 2023
I don't really understand how this almajiri stuff work but I want to ask, is it only meant for the poor Muslims? undecided
I have never seen or heard about the children or wards of elites like Sanusi, Kwankwaso, Atiku and others as almajiris.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by Villa12(m): 4:05pm On Aug 28, 2023
Parachoko:
You are the one need this advise.
poverty in this naija no be small o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by Celepope: 4:05pm On Aug 28, 2023
Until these people stop electing their leaders based on religion, then this sight in many regions won’t change anytime soon. When you see some people these lots elect as their leaders you sef go tire. Na so them go elect Okada man as House of Representatives member for one state.

20 Likes

Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by MorataFC: 4:05pm On Aug 28, 2023
Seen
Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by AzizG550(m): 4:05pm On Aug 28, 2023
Born to rule !

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by STEWpid(f): 4:05pm On Aug 28, 2023
Chai..

Just imagine living hell on earth.

This is not a life, abeg.

There are scientists, innovators, etc..among those children. But the potentials are dead because they're not at the right place.

I just can't imagine the ideology of the parents giving birth like this! And that's how they have been passing it from generation to generation.

Chai..!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by Ppn247: 4:06pm On Aug 28, 2023
Nothing new here. Nigeria is one of the poorest countries in the world. We worked tirelessly passively to get here

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by AntiChristian: 4:06pm On Aug 28, 2023
Which LG and state is that?
Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by Felaincarnated: 4:06pm On Aug 28, 2023
Hope you are not one of d privilege almajiris dat don't want others to see d light
Parachoko:

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by Hezmatosky: 4:06pm On Aug 28, 2023
Wat will dey eat in the morning? grin

2 Likes

Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by Ara21(f): 4:06pm On Aug 28, 2023
And they have parents who brought them into this life.

8 Likes

Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by safarilove(m): 4:07pm On Aug 28, 2023
Too bad
Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by Afonjacoward: 4:07pm On Aug 28, 2023
See people that wants to teach Obidients lesson tufiakwa

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by AOB1: 4:07pm On Aug 28, 2023
cry
Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by Sonnobax15(m): 4:07pm On Aug 28, 2023
lipsrsealed
You'll never know the true definition of poverty,not until you're opportuned to go up-north....

My visit to Suleja, niger state back in 2016 really opened my eyes to see how blessed we are here in the South..

Funny enough,the almajiri system is a very lucrative system up there..

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by Kingosytex(m): 4:08pm On Aug 28, 2023
Parachoko:

Oyetola Pandora is now your minister cheesy

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 28, 2023
APC is a disaster

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 4:08pm On Aug 28, 2023
3 wives and 30 children? What else do you expect?

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by Exceed15: 4:08pm On Aug 28, 2023
Sanusi spoke about this and was dethroned. North is feeling the heat most.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Watch Almajiri Children Scramble For Remnants Of Food Left By A Man by Nazgul: 4:08pm On Aug 28, 2023
Kingosytex:
I don't really understand how this almajiri stuff work but I want to ask, is it only meant for the poor Muslims? undecided
I have never seen or heard about the children or wards of elites like Sanusi, Kwankwaso, Atiku and others as almajiris.
It's done by poor northern Muslims who marry many wives and give birth to children they can't take care of. The children are sent to Islamic schools from a tender age which are being run by the state government.

Upon attaining the age of 12 and above, the females amongst them are married off to suitors old enough to be their grandfathers, while the males are left to beg, rob, steal, hussle...etc just to survive.

It would look like a horrible way to live to a southerner like you, but the northern leaders don't care. All they care about is their continuous domination as the most populated region in Nigeria. Even if 90% of that population are living in abject poverty, their leaders are less concerned. They would keep encouraging the poorest amongst them to keep producing kids. Cos more kids means more population which is a key factor for winning elections cos they'll always boast of having numerical strength and therefore can determine who would become president. An act which has continually made southern candidates crawl to them for alliance.

If not that the South aren't United I don't see any reason why we should be joined together in one country with those people.

34 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Milk And Stout; Milk And Malt: Nutritional Value / Man Shares Disgusting Pics Of Expired Nigerian Product With Altered Dates / 10 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.