Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,542 members, 7,837,088 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Obama Sends 100 Military Advisers Against Kony's Rebels In Uganda - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Sends 100 Military Advisers Against Kony's Rebels In Uganda (5930 Views)

Co-founder of 'Kony' video group detained in San Diego / The Mystic Woman Behind Kony's Movement. / Kony 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Sends 100 Military Advisers Against Kony's Rebels In Uganda by kodewrita(m): 11:17am On Oct 17, 2011
cap28:

You are a real comedian - but instead of laughing with you i laugh at just how far gone you are in the brainwashing department -

in your book tyrants are leaders who provide free education, healthcare and housing for their people (Gadaffi) while great leaders are those who spend their nation's oil revenue on buying luxury apartments in london, new york and monaco (IBB) or stealing $35 million dollars within just one month of being in office (Goodluck Jonathan and wife) or building a 50 room apartment while the majority of nigerians live in terrible squalor (IBB again) or stealing an oil block worth $500 million (TY Danjuma) these are your heroes - no wonder nigeria is in such a sh.it state -

If Kony is such a deranged lunatic as you describe him - why is it just now that the americans have decided to take an interest in him?
As a matter of fact america and europe are currently supporting a gang of deranged lunatics as we speak in libya - these deranged lunatics cut off women's bosoms and cut out the hearts of anyone suspected of supporting gadaffi, but the worst treatment is reserved for black libyans and black immigrants who they round up and behead in slaughter houses as if they are killing animals - but do you see america jumping up and down about these savages? no instead they continue to arm and fund these deranged lunatics knowing full well that these demons are perpetrating genocide on black african people - why dont you ask yourself why this is the case?

if you think that the americans and europeans give a damn about the downtrodden masses of africa you need to have your head examined by a very good psychiatrist.

Al shabab like Al qaeda are creations of US intelligence - try and do some research for a change.

Museveni is a CIA asset armed and financed by the US (read up on what him and Paul Kagame are doing in DRC on behalf of europe and america) - dont you find it odd that the US govt are not talking about removing him from power despite the fact that he has been in power for 25 years - instead they are focusing on some obscure war lord who has been hiding in the bush for the past 20 years - learn to read between the lines my friend - Uganda is a US ally and oil has just been discovered there. Also africom is now being implemented in order for the US and europe to "safeguard" vital resources and prevent them from falling into the hands of the rising superpower (China)

With regard to the first bolded statement, how did you make that deduction from what I wrote?

Irrespective of whoever created al-shabaab, it is now a problem just like the al-qaeda and problems need solutions.

as for Kony, is he a lunatic? answer yes or no with details.
Re: Obama Sends 100 Military Advisers Against Kony's Rebels In Uganda by kodewrita(m): 11:21am On Oct 17, 2011
besides, ghadaffi was simply a more benevolent tyrant but still a tyrant.

He's no different from Biya and the others.
Re: Obama Sends 100 Military Advisers Against Kony's Rebels In Uganda by cap28: 1:43pm On Oct 17, 2011
kodewrita:

With regard to the first bolded statement, how did you make that deduction from what I wrote?

Irrespective of whoever created al-shabaab, it is now a problem just like the al-qaeda and problems need solutions.

as for Kony, is he a lunatic? answer yes or no with details.

I don't know enough about kony to comment on him, but if you want to describe him as a lunatic you should also describe museveni as a bloodthirsty lunatic because he has comitted some of the worst atrocities in DRC along with his partner in crime Paul Kagame of Rwanda - these two are jointly responsible for causing the deaths of more than 3 million people in the Congo and they have comitted these heinous acts with the backign of the US and europe.

Museveni receives millions of dollars in military aid from europe and america in order to stay in power and recently was involved in the displacement of thousands of his own people who were occupying land which he had earmarked for sale to british agricultural corporations -  those who refused to move were summarily executed.

so you can see he has a whole lot of skeletons in cupboard and is in no position to be pointing fingers at kony.

bro, you need to stop swallowing all this propaganda you keep reading from cnn and do your own investigation - Kony is not the reason that the americans are deploying troops to Uganda

http://landdestroyer..com/2011/09/british-corporation-mass-murdering.html
Re: Obama Sends 100 Military Advisers Against Kony's Rebels In Uganda by kodewrita(m): 2:35pm On Oct 17, 2011
refer to the post up there where I criticized Museveni and to my many posts on nairaland listing him among the evils in africa.

I dont think the americans are saints, however we need to use them to lance the boil called Kony since africans have chosen not to solve their own problems.
Re: Obama Sends 100 Military Advisers Against Kony's Rebels In Uganda by BlackLibya: 2:44am On Oct 19, 2011
Ok I think we all realize that Kony is bad. Im sure Cap28 wants him gone, I WANT Kony gone, and when i first heard the news I was "fucking ecstatic". But then I thought about it, why?

Like many have said it is an election year. If U.S troops can knock out Kony, that will give Museveni a ton of support in the North, it will be a huge electoral victory. Not only that, but U.S "advisors" may actually be serving to assist in operations to eliminate certain figures in the Ugandan govt who resist U.S interests. This could ultimately include Museveni himself, but it is not likely. While here, U.S "advisors" will be gathering information on other rebel groups in the area, making contacts with the ones they like, and pressing for more support for AFRICOM.

I dont want Kony there, but I dont want the United States forcing Museveni on the electorate like the French did Outarra.

Museveni is threatening to sell 25% of the Miriba rainforest to an Indian company, saying that those who disagree "dont know the future of Uganda".

Museveni removed 25,000 people from their land in order to setup a foreign forestry operation.

Corruption is starting to run rampant, Uganda is stabilized, but now its starting to be sold out to foreigners just like every other african country.
Re: Obama Sends 100 Military Advisers Against Kony's Rebels In Uganda by MandingoII(m): 2:57am On Oct 19, 2011
The Unites States of AmeriKKKa will go NOWHERE where there is NOTHING of value.

Oil?

Did somebody say oil? wink
Re: Obama Sends 100 Military Advisers Against Kony's Rebels In Uganda by BlackLibya: 2:59am On Oct 19, 2011
BTW, we cannot forget that Museveni in the 1980's refused to recognize the TWICE DEMOCRATICALLY elected Milton Obote, in Uganda saying the elections were rigged because he did not win and started wars all over the place in Uganda until coming to power himself.

Uganda went from being a perfectly governed place before the British came (see: Buganda), to the British redistribution of the power structures in the region ultimately ending in the destruction of the Buganda kingdom in 1966, after Milton Obote suspended the constitution of the Uganda Federation, and Idi Amin began his power lusting.

Did Obote order the attack on Libiri?(the palace of the kubaka) according to him no, and probably not. Could he have reprimanded Idi Amin or dismissed him? Once again the answer to this question is most likely hell no, Idi Amin would have killed him, as he tried to do anyway.
Re: Obama Sends 100 Military Advisers Against Kony's Rebels In Uganda by BlackLibya: 3:12am On Oct 19, 2011
@ cap

OMG, dude this is fucking horrible. I feel like i died a little on the inside, wtf, why my people,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6g03HItPQc?t=2m10s
Re: Obama Sends 100 Military Advisers Against Kony's Rebels In Uganda by eaxes: 11:41am On Oct 21, 2011
i am losing hope in my fellow africans. If you think obama is sent these 100 troops just to get rid of the LRA then you are mistaken. Remember vietnam?
America sent advisers to vietnam, it then turned into a full blown war. This is part of the AFRICOM strategic hold on africa.
The LRA might not be good and might have commited all these atrocities, but sending american troops all the way from the USA to fight some rag tag army is not the way to go.
The ugandan president has been in power for years and haven't achieved much.
Obama is the biggest traitor to his black race. He is giving westerners africa on a plate.
Re: Obama Sends 100 Military Advisers Against Kony's Rebels In Uganda by kodewrita(m): 1:32pm On Oct 21, 2011
Nope he's not, you are. You sit under different tyrannical governments. Elsewhere in the world, people rise up and fight oppression but you people have not only allowed the kidnapper to rule but you have also fallen in love with the kidnapper. Some even come here to defend tyrants.

Kony will get his just deserts.

A stable and peaceful africa partnering with the US is in the long-term best interest of the americans hence their recent actions. They would rather be seen as saviours like they used to be seen( even though we know better).

If God wants to use the persians(NATO, US etc) to remove the babylonians(tyrants, terrorists and criminals) in our lives, no problem. If we keep faith, we shall get to Jerusalem.
Re: Obama Sends 100 Military Advisers Against Kony's Rebels In Uganda by pendo89(f): 3:27pm On Oct 21, 2011
^^ Have you given thought to the possibility of US taking sides with Kony to oust Museveni? Did you hear what Hillary clinton said?
US would not mind arming rebels to oust a 'dictator'.
Do you know that is a possibility because M7 is not supportive of US as media would like us to believe.He lost favour esp when he refused to allow crude oil to leave uganda.He said Uganda will build refineries to benefit his own people first.That put him at logger heads.
People need to find out who is behind the A4C movement that is wrecking havoc in kampala with riots. That man kizya is anti museveni.
From my deductions the US is looking for the 'bait'.At this moment it could be Kony or Kizya.
Once m7 is out the whole biz of building ref. is gone. A new imposed leader will allow the west to take crude oil out of uganda.
The very thing M7 is fighting.
The British are already accusing his goverment of taking bribes from Tullow. Everything has been put on hold now.No further contracts are being awarded.That is the ongoing debate in parliament right now.'
There's a rush for uganda's oil.The italians were there and left empty. Museveni refused to partner with them saying Chinese is a bigger economy than italy and he prefers them over italians.

You want truth and facts get it straight from uganda not cnn or bbc
Re: Obama Sends 100 Military Advisers Against Kony's Rebels In Uganda by cap28: 11:24pm On Oct 21, 2011
BlackLibya:

@ cap

OMG, dude this is bleeping horrible. I feel like i died a little on the inside, wtf, why my people,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6g03HItPQc?t=2m10s

i know bro, the first time i watched it i reacted similarly.

dont worry many of us are waking up, we are not going to let these europeans and these paid house negroes use us for target practice anymore.
Re: Obama Sends 100 Military Advisers Against Kony's Rebels In Uganda by BlackLibya: 12:37am On Oct 22, 2011
dont worry many of us are waking up, we are not going to let these europeans and these paid house negroes use us for target practice anymore.

I have seen these videos coming out of libya, but most of them if they were even alive, they knew they death was coming and were somewhat calm but scared. That poor girl, she did not want to die. She fought and fought and fought the death that was coming, when cut back to her 5 mins into the video, convulsing, in shock, still fighting, I just couldnt take it.

Then somehow, some man had his head blasted off. WTF were they shooting with?

I dont think all these people who claim the West is so much better than whatever Ghaddafi did have seen these videos. They can't, because I dont see how they can worship France for "liberating" the Libyans, while France slaughters the Ivorians. People even seem to be missing the fact, most of the libyan anger was fueled by reports first coming from French agencies, that Ghaddafi was using african mercenaries.
Re: Obama Sends 100 Military Advisers Against Kony's Rebels In Uganda by thameamead(f): 12:39pm On Oct 22, 2011
pendo89:

^^ Have you given thought to the possibility of US taking sides with Kony to oust Museveni? Did you hear what Hillary clinton said?
US would not mind arming rebels to oust a 'dictator'.
Do you know that is a possibility because M7 is not supportive of US as media would like us to believe.He lost favour esp when he refused to allow crude oil to leave uganda.He said Uganda will build refineries to benefit his own people first.That put him at logger heads.
People need to find out who is behind the A4C movement that is wrecking havoc in kampala with riots. That man kizya is anti museveni.
From my deductions the US is looking for the 'bait'.At this moment it could be Kony or Kizya.
Once m7 is out the whole biz of building ref. is gone. A new imposed leader will allow the west to take crude oil out of uganda.
The very thing M7 is fighting.
The British are already accusing his goverment of taking bribes from Tullow. Everything has been put on hold now.No further contracts are being awarded.That is the ongoing debate in parliament right now.'
There's a rush for uganda's oil.The italians were there and left empty. Museveni refused to partner with them saying Chinese is a bigger economy than italy and he prefers them over italians.

You want truth and facts get it straight from uganda not cnn or bbc

The Uk government gave Uganda £70Million to fight poverty, build hospitals, low cost homes and schools but the tyrant president spent half of the aid money on a £30Million gulfstream jet for his own personal use.

All the big Western Corpoaration awarded oil contracts in Uganda have dodged paying tax, Heritage Oil dodged paying £370Million in capital gains on a £1.3billion oil fields sale in Uganda, when will our African Leaders stop taking tribe from big corporations so they can dodge paying millions in tax, Tullow Oil is another first class tax dodger, they own over 37% of oil fields in Ghana and as usual they have dodged paying capital gains tax in Ghana. African is cursed, we are blessed with natural resources but the only people who benefit from our resources live a life of luxury in the West millions live in abject poverty, the West love exploiting oil-rich African nations, they cause havoc, oppress its people with the help of African tyrants and later they help liberate the country, libya comes to mind, they wined, dinned and wooed Gaddafi and later they turned against him, they armed the rebels, got NATO involved and toppled Gaddaffi purely because of its huge oil reserve.

The West tried to overthrow the president of Equitoral Ginea but they failed, with the help of the French Government, they are freezing the assets of the President in France under the disguise of freezing his assets because they believe he bought the expensive cars with aid money given by the West, hisssss
Re: Obama Sends 100 Military Advisers Against Kony's Rebels In Uganda by pendo89(f): 2:17pm On Oct 22, 2011
Those were Lord Ashcroft's accusation.But they were not verified.

According to highly placed sources, who participated in inspection of the aircraft in Savannah, USA, government paid Shs88.2 billion financed through HSBC Bank, an American bank.

When controversy over the huge cost of a new jet for President Yoweri Museveni first broke, Parliament was told that the old plane would be sold off to help raise money for the purchase.
State House contracted a US-based sales agent, Mike Ellis Associates, to handle the sale.The government only got a token from this deal,
During a meeting of the House Presidential and Foreign Affairs Committee, State House Comptroller Richard Muhinda told MPs that the Gulfstream GIV SP, which the government procured in 2000 at a cost of $31.5 million (about Shs60 billion) would be sold to pave way for acquisition of a new jet.
Well some of the reasons they gave to justify the purchase were; the new plane would require less fuel than Museveni's existing presidential jet, need fewer inspections and stopovers on long-haul flights and be cheaper to maintain.
The government will either take out a loan from HSBC to buy the jet or borrow $28 million from the central bank, the rest of the cost being covered by proceeds from the sale of his existing plane. They said.

Why UK is making the allegations and US is saying nothing about the loan beats me.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk
http://www.clickafrique.com/http://allafrica.com/
Re: Obama Sends 100 Military Advisers Against Kony's Rebels In Uganda by pendo89(f): 2:28pm On Oct 22, 2011
thameamead:

They wined, dinned and wooed Gaddafi and later they turned against him, they armed the rebels, got NATO involved and toppled Gaddaffi  purely because of its huge oil reserve.

The West tried to overthrow the president of Equitoral Guinea but they failed, with the help of the French Government, they are freezing the assets of the President in France under the disguise of freezing his assets because they believe he bought the expensive cars with aid money given by the West, hisssss 

You know in my own small mind,I smell that kind of thing playing out in Uganda.Many pple believe that M7 is dining with the west but after hearing what Clinton said and her justification of arming rebels to oust a 'dictator' makes me believe that tables could turn faster than you think.
That is why I said Kony is only but a bait.Its not him they are targeting. Again thts only my opinion.
God knows where the US have been all these years that the guy has been maiming,Desecrating kids and killing innocent civilians.
Hes not even in Uganda but somewhere around the Central African Republic.

All these tax evasion is what put a stop to further contracts being awarded.Its an ongoing debate in parliament.
Its good to see the outside influence cz they have a way of digging out past skeletons if they are really intent on tarnishing your image and taking over.
What puzzles me is that the Ugandans still believe in M7.
Re: Obama Sends 100 Military Advisers Against Kony's Rebels In Uganda by pendo89(f): 2:43pm On Oct 22, 2011
see how the whole game is playing.
British(Tullow)> bribery claims> museveni's jet claims,( how much does he owe the US? see they have still have him in their hold)they are even accusing him of receiving bribe from ENI the italian firm and then Kony comes in the mix.
And here is Museveni himself talking about Partnering with the chinese. 2 forces will bring him down.Am sure you know them by now.
crazy.
Re: Obama Sends 100 Military Advisers Against Kony's Rebels In Uganda by cap28: 3:34pm On Oct 22, 2011
BlackLibya:

I have seen these videos coming out of libya, but most of them if they were even alive, they knew they death was coming and were somewhat calm but scared. That poor girl, she did not want to die. She fought and fought and fought the death that was coming, when cut back to her 5 mins into the video, convulsing, in shock, still fighting, I just couldnt take it.

Then somehow, some man had his head blasted off. WTF were they shooting with?

I dont think all these people who claim the West is so much better than whatever Ghaddafi did have seen these videos. They can't, because I dont see how they can worship France for "liberating" the Libyans, while France slaughters the Ivorians. People even seem to be missing the fact, most of the libyan anger was fueled by reports first coming from French agencies, that Ghaddafi was using african mercenaries.

I dont think these young ivoriens had any idea of the kind of people they were dealing with - infact if you look at the early part of the video the atmosphere is similar to that of an open air concert - these young people never imagined that the french would open fire on them.
what they dont understand is that these french people do not even see them as human beings in the first place:

look at the french army doing target practice in the ivorien bush here:

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNTpvdu62hg&feature/related[/flash]

i beleive that poor guy got his head blown off by some sort of canon like gun from one of those tanks at close range - the impact was so intense it took his entire head off.

these are the same ammunitition that will be used on africans all over africa if there is any resistance towards AFRICOM.
Re: Obama Sends 100 Military Advisers Against Kony's Rebels In Uganda by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 23, 2011
The Obama administration insists the 100 special forces he is sending to Uganda will be "advisers" - not combat troops. Think of Vietnam in the early 1960s; it started with "advisers" - and the rest is history. Now, the "advisers" are even expected to fan out from Uganda to South Sudan, the Central African Republic and the Democratic Republic of Congo.

That brings us to Uganda as a new land of opportunity. Ah, the sheer scale of humanitarian warmongering possibilities. For a semblance of success, the initial steps of Obama's African surge would have to include a military base with a long runway attached, and a mini-Guantanamo to imprison the "terrorists". If that sounds too good to be true, that's because it is; think of the Pentagon's Africom headquarters soon entertaining the possibility of time-traveling from Stuttgart, Germany, to somewhere in Uganda.

Any student of realpolitik knows the US doesn't do "humanitarian" interventions per se. Africom's surge parallels the real name of the game; precious minerals - and mining. Uganda - and nearby eastern Congo - happens to hold fabulous quantities of, among others, diamonds, gold, platinum, copper, cobalt, tin, phosphates, tantalite, magnetite, uranium, iron ore, gypsum, beryllium, bismuth, chromium, lead, lithium, niobium and nickel. Many among these are ultra-precious rare earth - of which China exercises a virtual monopoly.

The mineral rush in Africa is already one of the great resource wars of the 21st century. China is ahead, followed by companies from India, Australia, South Africa and Russia (which, for instance, has set up a fresh gold refinery in Kampala). The West is lagging behind. The name of the game for the US and the Europeans is to pull no punches to undermine China's myriad commercial deals all across Africa.

Then there's the inescapable Pipelineistan angle. Uganda may hold "several billion barrels of oil", according to Heritage Oil's Paul Atherton, part of a recent, largest-ever on-shore oil discovery in sub-Saharan Africa. That implies the construction of a $1.5 billion, 1,200 kilometer long pipeline to Kampala and the coast of Kenya. Then there's another pipeline from "liberated" South Sudan. Washington wants to make sure that all this oil will be exclusively available for the US and Europe.

And it's not even the first time this happens. George W Bush tried the same thing in 2008. It ended in unmitigated disaster because of - what else is new - corruption inside the Ugandan army. Kony was tipped off and escaped hours before an attack on his camp.

So on the surface, we have an uplifting narrative of the first black US president deeply disturbed by the "humanitarian crisis" in yet another African nation, Uganda; i n the perfect cover story for Anglo satrapy Uganda will be propped up as an advanced base for Washington to plunge a dagger inside Islamic Africa.

The official Washington spin hammers the fact that the LRA has "murdered, violated, and kidnapped tens of thousands of men, women and children". Now compare it to devastation perpetrated by Washington, over two decades, on Iraq; at least 1.4 million people killed directly and indirectly, millions of refugees, a Sunni-Shi'ite civil war still in effect and the eastern flank of the Arab nation virtually destroyed.

And compare it to the thunderous silence of the Obama White House as racist eastern Libya "rebels" round up, harass, torture and even snuff out sub-Saharan Africans.

Africa has been fighting like forever against multiple strands of the great white genocidal slave master, aided and abetted by multiple strands of the subservient black dictator/kleptocrat - just to be presented in the early 21st century with an American president of direct African descent who has nothing better to offer than special forces, drones, a militarization surge and hypocrisy-laced "humanitarian" intervention.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Global_Economy/MJ18Dj06.html
Re: Obama Sends 100 Military Advisers Against Kony's Rebels In Uganda by pendo89(f): 1:18pm On Oct 23, 2011
^^ you are one person who sees beyond the surface. If a leader tries to resist this take over hes eliminated by his own people with foreign backup. Africa will always be slaves to the master because they give us loans which bind us forever.
Re: Obama Sends 100 Military Advisers Against Kony's Rebels In Uganda by kodewrita(m): 2:12pm On Oct 23, 2011
^^ they are not to blame. We are. The architects of our own misfortune. If we had used the loans for the right purpose, we wouldn't be in this state.

Let's stop avoiding responsibility. Let's stop sticking our heads in the sand like ostriches.

Wise, responsible leaders and an active populace are the joy of a nation. Evil, irresponsible leaders(Ghadaffi, Ben Ali, Mubarrak, Mugabe, Biya) with passive followers are the bane of africam

You cannot argue with reality. It is what it is.
Re: Obama Sends 100 Military Advisers Against Kony's Rebels In Uganda by pendo89(f): 5:57pm On Oct 23, 2011
Yes Kode,but I keep asking myself whether Africa can survive without foreign loans.Its easy to say yes but the loans are not just loans.
The conditions attached are what bind us and before we know we find ourselves captives.
The west is Africa's lifeline. sad but that is how it is.
Re: Obama Sends 100 Military Advisers Against Kony's Rebels In Uganda by BlackLibya: 11:38pm On Oct 23, 2011
If we had used the loans for the right purpose, we wouldn't be in this state.

She is right. The loans come with stipulations that Africans change certain laws and eliminate the protectionism african countries built around themselves. This is one reason in the explosion in land grabs across africa.

Another problem with your thinking, is that it doesnt recognize the fact that most of the leaders in power were not originally elected, but couped elected leaders themselves. These people do not care about the population to begin with, and are merely puppets.

So they dont care about how the loan is used.
Re: Obama Sends 100 Military Advisers Against Kony's Rebels In Uganda by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 24, 2011
pendo89:

^^ you are one person who sees beyond the surface. If a leader tries to resist this take over hes eliminated by his own people with foreign backup. Africa will always be slaves to the master because they give us loans which bind us forever.

If we maintained permanent interests but no permanent (friends) relationships within the sphere of politics, this would not be a problem.

You have to ask yourself why Asian and Arab countries which also receive the type of loans you mention feel less beholden to foreign interests.
Osama Bin Laden (trained by the CIA), Sadam Hussein and Ayatollah Khomeni, who was once exiled in France, all accepted financial and logistical help from foreign powers, as a means to achieving  veritable ends, before taking off on new tangents. This is what politics is about.

You know the funny thing is, when pursued to its logical conclusion what your argument really portends is the existence of an inherent flaw in the African personality: one which demands total obsequiousness to a benefactor, once help is rendered and received.  There is no middle way or room for tactics - never mind a strategy - in this view you present, even as it is clear you mean well.
Sadly though and, perhaps, without realising it, you and a few others on this thread have come to accept the African is somehow incapable of thought, given the omniscience you ascribe to foreign powers.

I call it a case of Afro-pessimism (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Afro-pessimism)
Re: Obama Sends 100 Military Advisers Against Kony's Rebels In Uganda by tpia5: 11:38am On Oct 24, 2011
@ topic

the man has been freely doing his thing for decades with no outside interference that we know of.

Wonder why he suddenly became a priority now?

Anyway.
Re: Obama Sends 100 Military Advisers Against Kony's Rebels In Uganda by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 24, 2011
tpia@:

@ topic

the man has been freely doing his thing for decades with no outside interference that we know of.

Wonder why he suddenly became a priority now?

Anyway.

(1) It is not true to say the U.S has not been trying to extinguish Konyism and the LRA for several years now.
(2) Now, tomorrow, the day after, is as good a time as any grin No?

Why was Mubarak dislodged after doing his thing for decades?
The question so few of us ask is: could Arab spring have happened during the bush years?

Look, it is the height of fallacy to suggest the U.S foreign policy does not undergo tactical reviews every so often.
The changes we are seeing around the world today has to be considered a good thing, as relationships are being re-calibrated.

Instead of sitting on the sidelines wringing the hands, as we are wont to do, now is as good a time as any for Africa to force concessions from all interested foreign powers.
Re: Obama Sends 100 Military Advisers Against Kony's Rebels In Uganda by pendo89(f): 12:29pm On Oct 24, 2011
eGuerrilla:

If we maintained permanent interests but no permanent (friends) relationships within the sphere of politics, this would not be a problem.

an inherent flaw in the African personality: one which demands total obsequiousness to a benefactor, [/b]once help is rendered and received. 
[b]African is somehow incapable of thought, given the omniscience you ascribe to foreign powers.

eGuerrilla:

The changes we are seeing around the world today has to be considered a good thing, as relationships are being re-calibrated.

now is as good a time as any for Africa to force concessions from all interested foreign powers.

Africa's problem is lack of freedom. Free people have a better capacity to develop their economies than people who live under tyranny. freedom is at the center of development and where there's no freedom people continue living in poverty.
Africa has never been free from a colonial mentality. The day we will, we shall learn to solve our own problems
Re: Obama Sends 100 Military Advisers Against Kony's Rebels In Uganda by martinosi: 4:37pm On Nov 24, 2011
I guess the American Public will be Baptized into this Propaganda
by this film the "Machine Gun Preacher" Here we go again,

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T48oq-WlIGc[/flash]
Re: Obama Sends 100 Military Advisers Against Kony's Rebels In Uganda by BlackLibya: 5:31pm On Nov 24, 2011
I guess the American Public will be Baptized into this Propaganda
by this film the "Machine Gun Preacher" Here we go again,

Lol its always the white hero. Im sure he didnt do it by himself.

But then again, we Danny Glover had to scrounge for funding for his movie on Toussaint L'Overture. Smh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Only Beautiful Virgin Girls Are Allowed To Guard Gadafi / Mugabe Celebrates In The Midst Of 1600% Inflation! / Sa Ready To Join Nigeria To Fight BH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 205
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.