Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Can Legalizing Prostitution In Nigeria Bring True Love - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can Legalizing Prostitution In Nigeria Bring True Love (419 Views)

Is This True Love Or Foolishness? (Photo) / How And Why Women Become Easy Victims Of Prostitution In Nigeria / "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Legalizing Prostitution In Nigeria Bring True Love by theInfinity: 9:04pm On Aug 28, 2023
In my last post, I talked about how many Nigerian women have made relationship to be transactional and I was thinking if legalizing prostitution can separate Nigerians girls who are in relationship for material gains from those who genuinely wants to be in a relationship.
Re: Can Legalizing Prostitution In Nigeria Bring True Love by Timoleon(m): 9:30pm On Aug 28, 2023
Prostitution is not illegal in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Can Legalizing Prostitution In Nigeria Bring True Love by MrSinister(m): 9:30pm On Aug 28, 2023
theInfinity:
In my last post, I talked about how many Nigerian women have made relationship to be transactional and I was thinking if legalizing prostitution can separate Nigerians girls who are in relationship for material gains from those who genuinely wants to be in a relationship.

What is your definition of the term prostitution?
Re: Can Legalizing Prostitution In Nigeria Bring True Love by MrSinister(m): 9:31pm On Aug 28, 2023
Timoleon:
Prostitution is not illegal in Nigeria.

It is
Re: Can Legalizing Prostitution In Nigeria Bring True Love by Timoleon(m): 9:33pm On Aug 28, 2023
Cite the law.
MrSinister:

It is
Re: Can Legalizing Prostitution In Nigeria Bring True Love by youngsahito(m): 9:52pm On Aug 28, 2023
Timoleon:
Cite the law.
so why do police go after prostitute in their brothel?
Re: Can Legalizing Prostitution In Nigeria Bring True Love by MrSinister(m): 9:53pm On Aug 28, 2023
Timoleon:
Cite the law.

Ate you kidding me?! Section 223-225 of the Nigerian criminal code.
Re: Can Legalizing Prostitution In Nigeria Bring True Love by izonborn098(m): 9:58pm On Aug 28, 2023
Re: Can Legalizing Prostitution In Nigeria Bring True Love by advanceDNA: 10:06pm On Aug 28, 2023
theInfinity:

Legalize all u want.....it wont separate anything

U are sounding as if prostituteś are different breeds of women that just want to fvck for only money .....dey play.... olosho seff wan marry naaa.......

3 Likes

Re: Can Legalizing Prostitution In Nigeria Bring True Love by Timoleon(m): 1:26am On Aug 29, 2023
They don’t go after the prostitutes. They go after the ‘madams’ and ‘rescue’ supposed underage girls ‘forced’ into prostitution by these madams.
Owning and operating a brothel is illegal. Purchasing people for the purpose of turning them into prostitutes is illegal. Prostitution itself is not illegal except under sharia.
youngsahito:
so why do police go after prostitute in their brothel?
Re: Can Legalizing Prostitution In Nigeria Bring True Love by Timoleon(m): 1:38am On Aug 29, 2023
MrSinister:

Ate you kidding me?! Section 223-225 of the Nigerian criminal code.

Section 223 deals with the offense of ‘procurement of women or girls’

Section 224 of the Criminal Code Act in Nigeria. Procuring defilement of woman by threats or fraud, or administering drugs.

Section 225 deals with ‘abduction’ of an unmarried female under 18 or causing her to leave the protection of her parent or guardian with intent to have carnal knowledge of her.

Please sir, you haven’t cited any law banning prostitution.

1 Like

Re: Can Legalizing Prostitution In Nigeria Bring True Love by youngsahito(m): 8:06am On Aug 29, 2023
Timoleon:
They don’t go after the prostitutes. They go after the ‘madams’ and ‘rescue’ supposed underage girls ‘forced’ into prostitution by these madams.
Owning and operating a brothel is illegal. Purchasing people for the purpose of turning them into prostitutes is illegal. Prostitution itself is not illegal except under sharia.
it is illegal in Abuja and they do not practice sharia.
Chapter 532 of the Penal Code Act, Federal Capital of Abuja, 1990 criminalises prostitution and solicitations of prostitutes.
Re: Can Legalizing Prostitution In Nigeria Bring True Love by MrSinister(m): 8:22am On Aug 29, 2023
Timoleon:

Section 223 deals with the offense of ‘procurement of women or girls’

Section 224 of the Criminal Code Act in Nigeria. Procuring defilement of woman by threats or fraud, or administering drugs.

Section 225 deals with ‘abduction’ of an unmarried female under 18 or causing her to leave the protection of her parent or guardian with intent to have carnal knowledge of her.

Please sir, you haven’t cited any law banning prostitution.

Oga go and read the above sections thoroughly. Read it in detail and with understanding to the relationship with sex trade (you did not mention the part that deals with brothels). And if, for some reason, the above does not imply or relate to forms of sex trade to you, then you can also try 387 - 388 of the penal code.
Re: Can Legalizing Prostitution In Nigeria Bring True Love by Babamide(m): 8:30am On Aug 29, 2023
This your line of thought is funny to say the least. Ladies are into transactional relationship because most of their means of livelihood cannot sustain their standard of living. And we men also encourage them because most of us have nothing to offer except money.
Re: Can Legalizing Prostitution In Nigeria Bring True Love by Jeon(f): 9:14am On Aug 29, 2023
theInfinity:
In my last post, I talked about How many Nigerian women have made relationship to be transactional and I was thinking if legalizing prostitution can separate Nigerians girls who are in relationship for material gains from those who genuinely wants to be in a relationship.

This is a good one. At least they won't break up your heart and left you with nothing.
The guy with the most faithful girl is gonna cheat on her with an open chest sayin *Men are polygamous in nature ".

Men ,don't value love ,they value hatred.

11 Likes

Re: Can Legalizing Prostitution In Nigeria Bring True Love by Timoleon(m): 9:46am On Aug 29, 2023
Does the federal capital act govern any other state other than Abuja?
youngsahito:
it is illegal in Abuja and they do not practice sharia.
Chapter 532 of the Penal Code Act, Federal Capital of Abuja, 1990 criminalises prostitution and solicitations of prostitutes.
Re: Can Legalizing Prostitution In Nigeria Bring True Love by Timoleon(m): 9:59am On Aug 29, 2023
MrSinister:

Oga go and read the above sections thoroughly. Read it in detail and with understanding to the relationship with sex trade (you did not mention the part that deals with brothels). And if, for some reason, the above does not imply or relate to forms of sex trade to you, then you can also try 387 - 388 of the penal code.

Owning and operating a brothel is a crime in itself. Being a prostitute is not a crime for people not under sharia or the federal capital.

Section 387-388 addresses ‘adultery’ (for which proof is bogus).
None of these addresses prostitution. Meanwhile, if you think I’m still in error, post the actual wordings of whatever law backs your claims here instead of just posting the section.
Re: Can Legalizing Prostitution In Nigeria Bring True Love by theInfinity: 8:18pm On Aug 29, 2023
I am here to learn
Re: Can Legalizing Prostitution In Nigeria Bring True Love by Merry100: 12:05pm On Aug 30, 2023
This is what some people have turned the society into: ladies are now bragging about their sexual performance in bed, while guys brag about how much they spend on ladies.

Some guys are only getting what they deserve. They treat their girlfriends like sex objects and, in return, their girlfriends treat them like ATMs. Most guys don't even know the talents or potential of their girlfriends. All they know is that she is sexually active.

How many times have they recommended books or ideas to their girlfriends? All they know how to recommend are sex positions. Does it always have to be sex and sex talk? Why not have meaningful discussions, spend quality time together, inspire each other, talk about business plans, future ambitions, and also do other things together.

(1) (Reply)

Family Money / How Do You Handle Loved Ones Who Only Stays For The Money? / For Those Fathers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.