Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,126 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Canada Study Visa Palava - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Study Visa Palava (2296 Views)

Canada Study Permit Application / Canada Study Permit Visa Documents Required / Canada Study Visa 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canada Study Visa Palava by tarzan: 10:23am On Sep 11, 2007
hi guys
i just got admission to study science program in the university of manitoba,canada. i am now trying to put my documents together before sending it to the embassy for visa. please can anybody who has successfully applied and gotten a study visa to canada kindly give me some hints that will help me in getting the visa
I need your help asap guys
Re: Canada Study Visa Palava by tarzan: 9:39am On Sep 12, 2007
haba guys, no 1 wants to reply my post. does it mean we dont have students in canadian universities?
HOTSTEPPER--r u there? please please guys let me know wot u think
Re: Canada Study Visa Palava by niceuzor: 10:04am On Sep 12, 2007
Relax wink nd See them Coming there re all Watching your trend?
Re: Canada Study Visa Palava by vikiviko(m): 1:28pm On Sep 12, 2007
Student visas for canada must be applied exactly 90days before the commencement of the academic year.

So be weary of the date you are suppose to resume and the day you intend to submit.

Student applications in canada are always cumbersome, make sure all your documents are in place.

If you need assistance in any documents preparation or advise , let me know

All the best.
Re: Canada Study Visa Palava by Ezinwannem: 3:19pm On Sep 12, 2007
Viki. has said it all, I guess u wont start this fall again as School has started so itz either Winter or next fall, good luck with the visa, by da way Taezan, I am Hotstepper, just changed ma name
Re: Canada Study Visa Palava by omoge(f): 7:51pm On Sep 29, 2007
Vikiviko and Ezinwannem, i'm curious. can someone work in Cananda without document? i mean traveling to join a brother or sister and then getting a job. is it possible?
Re: Canada Study Visa Palava by debosky(m): 7:56pm On Sep 29, 2007
travelling to join a brother and sister under what pretext?

Is the person coming in on a student or visiting visa?

you are not allowed to work officially without a work permit, even students must have studied full time in the previous 6 months to be eligible for an off-campus work permit, and this only allows 20 hours a week of work, except during holidays when you can work full time.

@ tarzan

when is the commencement of the course? Do you have a scholarship or external sponsorship? give us a little more information so the advice can be tailored appropriately

As viki said, you need to apply quite some time in advance of the resumption date, I don't know about the exactly 90 days part though, maybe the regulations have now been changed.
Re: Canada Study Visa Palava by omoge(f): 1:31am On Sep 30, 2007
debosky, thank you. I thought so too. i think visiting visa. i heard his sister or brother is inviting him down cuz he doesn't need permit or papers to work in canada.
Re: Canada Study Visa Palava by debosky(m): 1:40am On Sep 30, 2007
Well its simply not true, while its possible to get some underground cash only work, Its very risky and I don't see the point.

even international students couldn't work off campus till last year October, and with that, your school must confirm you've been attending full time for 6months before they'll issue you a work permit.

the brother/sister doing the invitation needs to be careful, if the relative gets caught doing anything funny, it will reflect in his/her file. the Canadian government doesn't forget.
Re: Canada Study Visa Palava by omoge(f): 1:45am On Sep 30, 2007
honestly, i wonder. but you know many nigerians their own way of thinking can only make one sighs. it's hard to give them words of wisdom. when you do, it's like you don't want them to travel. this one now from what i heard already made up his mind to jet down there.
Re: Canada Study Visa Palava by debosky(m): 1:51am On Sep 30, 2007
I wish him all the best sha, but if you get caught, its not funny at all.

One lady in church was telling us how immigration officers came to arrest her at home, they told her she had to leave the country with only her handbag. Thank goodness for some good samaritans from church who went to bail her out because they were lawyers.

too many sad stories abound, I hope he finds a way to become legal if he comes.
Re: Canada Study Visa Palava by omoge(f): 2:03am On Sep 30, 2007
yeah, i wish them well too and hope they let honesty be their principle (that's my principle).
thanks for the chit chat Debosky grin
we go jam againĀ  cheesy cheesy

Good night o my brother smiley.
Re: Canada Study Visa Palava by Nobody: 3:40am On Sep 30, 2007
debosky:

Well its simply not true, while its possible to get some underground cash only work, Its very risky and I don't see the point.

even international students couldn't work off campus till last year October, and with that, your school must confirm you've been attending full time for 6months before they'll issue you a work permit.
the brother/sister doing the invitation needs to be careful, if the relative gets caught doing anything funny, it will reflect in his/her file. the Canadian government doesn't forget.

You dey Onitsha sabi all these grin
debo na me o

Seun has shown me pepper
Re: Canada Study Visa Palava by debosky(m): 11:01pm On Oct 01, 2007
Onitsha is now international oh my sista, we don begin process of opening branches in obodo oyibo grin

na wa for dis oga sef, na so so ban him dey ban better people tongue
Re: Canada Study Visa Palava by Iman3(m): 11:07pm On Oct 01, 2007
Una suppose listen to this man!Na big time human trafficker,na im smuggle into the country-Stephen Harper-gave him all the correct papers!
Re: Canada Study Visa Palava by debosky(m): 12:07am On Oct 02, 2007
I-man no spoil my business now, Canadian Intelligence fit dey monitor nairaland o. grin
Re: Canada Study Visa Palava by kenny33: 5:12pm On May 13, 2011
www.cic.gc.ca i guess that will answer your questions

(1) (Reply)

Expired / Work In Kuwait/ Job Is Readily Available Apply Now / Trump Travel Ban Takes Effect Today At 8pm E.t....important Facts To Know..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.