Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,419 members, 7,836,675 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

EKEDC Billed Me 346k Loss Of Revenue - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / EKEDC Billed Me 346k Loss Of Revenue (382 Views)

EKEDC Issued A Warning To Bring Out Wires From Conduit - Any Advice? / You Can Now Apply For Your EKEDC Prepaid Meter Now / Complaint About EKEDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

EKEDC Billed Me 346k Loss Of Revenue by OKEMKPI: 10:02am On Aug 29, 2023
Last week,I got a loss of revenue billing of 346k on my prepaid meter for a room n palour self contained in surulere from Eko electricity distribution company

They reported that the meter has an infraction called BLANK & SUPPLY.It means that the meter is visually blank and not capable of accepting token yet, supply electricity to the user.

This is totally wrong since the Meter kept on accepting token as even stated in thier letter that I recharged last on 24th July which is last month.
Unfortunately for me ,most of my token slips have faded off and as such ,getting a proof of my payments as requested by them is a challenge.

A co tenant that had a similar issue had all her proofs on her phone because she recharge from her bank App directly but unfortunately, some of her payments in the App statement where missing on the discos statement of payments which clearly confirms that not all tokens purchased from her App reflected on the discos platform which could be the result of the loss of revenue that they are billing on we the consumers

This is not a case of bypass but rather BLANK & SUPPLY which is not in any way the fault of the consumer.

They have already placed a hold on the meters of the affected consumers that we cannot buy token or recharge pending the resolution of the revenue loss.

I will appreciate your contributions on how I should handle this challenge.
Thanks
Re: EKEDC Billed Me 346k Loss Of Revenue by FEGEITOK: 2:50am On Oct 19, 2023
OKEMKPI:
Last week,I got a loss of revenue billing of 346k on my prepaid meter for a room n palour self contained in surulere from Eko electricity distribution company

They reported that the meter has an infraction called BLANK & SUPPLY.It means that the meter is visually blank and not capable of accepting token yet, supply electricity to the user.

This is totally wrong since the Meter kept on accepting token as even stated in thier letter that I recharged last on 24th July which is last month.
Unfortunately for me ,most of my token slips have faded off and as such ,getting a proof of my payments as requested by them is a challenge.

A co tenant that had a similar issue had all her proofs on her phone because she recharge from her bank App directly but unfortunately, some of her payments in the App statement where missing on the discos statement of payments which clearly confirms that not all tokens purchased from her App reflected on the discos platform which could be the result of the loss of revenue that they are billing on we the consumers

This is not a case of bypass but rather BLANK & SUPPLY which is not in any way the fault of the consumer.

They have already placed a hold on the meters of the affected consumers that we cannot buy token or recharge pending the resolution of the revenue loss.

Thanks

Don't you buy tokens through bank transfers? if not, how do you recharge your account with EKODC?

You can print all those transaction receipts.

Don't you get token by SMS or email or are you one of those that delete messages evidencing transactions because of the mistaken belief that you might not need them again?

Going forward don't delete transaction receipts if you are one of those. Would have saved your ass.

1 Like

Re: EKEDC Billed Me 346k Loss Of Revenue by GloriousGbola: 9:41am On Oct 19, 2023
OKEMKPI:

Thanks

Even if the payment information is missing from her app, it cannot be missing from your own bank statements.

As long as you have internet banking you will have emails for every payment from your bank account.

Open your email and filter your bank statements.

You can then print all these out.

I suspect there is some other wayo going on and you have been caught up in it.

You can also ensure you have all the information and draft an email to customer care so there is a proper mail trail. Some of these things are internal scams.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Issues With Hisense Chest Freezer / A Land With Uncompleted Building For Sale At Ado Odo Ota, Lafenwa, Itele,ogun St / A Plot Of Land And Uncompleted 2; 3bedroom Flat Building Lented Size For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.