Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,007 members, 7,817,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Osun Acquires Four Locomotives Of 40 Coaches & 40 Wagons - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Acquires Four Locomotives Of 40 Coaches & 40 Wagons (7477 Views)

Nigerian Airforce Acquires Sophisticated Aircraft To Protect Nigeria / FG Approves Construction Of Rail To Link Oil Depots; Commissions 20 Oil Wagons / Nigeria Railway Commission Commissions Additional 20 Light Oil Tank Wagons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Acquires Four Locomotives Of 40 Coaches & 40 Wagons by abiamahart: 7:11pm On Oct 15, 2011
Any source of income other than Crude oil is welcome. So long as its not going to be a white elephant project. The slag is that unlike lagos Osun's IGR is considerably low unless he is getting a loan(more burden) or doing PPP. Nigerians are watching and bet you the people of osun must be expectant.

angryNot comfortable though him using corp members and teachers weed the median along the highway. Saw this on my way to Abuja from lagos. Some of the women were carrying babies on their backs. Also there are no metal safety barriers incase as common on that stretch of road a trailer or speeding vehicle looses control and heads for the median. Good intentions with propane risk.
Re: Osun Acquires Four Locomotives Of 40 Coaches & 40 Wagons by felifeli: 7:38pm On Oct 15, 2011
LOL Bros Aregbe for show !!

A few weeks ago on this same Nairaland when it was posted that Bros is going to build expressways to Lagos and ogun State and even to London, I criticized that decision. My suggestion at that time was for Osun State to buy rolling stock , and some ACN thugs on NL nearly beat me to death for being so stupid. Now Bros Aregbe has suddenly got idea to buy rolling stock instead and the same ACN thugs that nearly beheaded me at that time are now saying what a great man our ACN Bros Aregbe is. Wonders shall never end in Osun State.
If it wasn't my state I would just ignore it as just another failed Nigerian project. Up Aregbe !
Aregbesola mi gboro titi , o mi gboro ! grin grin
Re: Osun Acquires Four Locomotives Of 40 Coaches & 40 Wagons by emiye(m): 10:45pm On Oct 15, 2011
Great Initiative.
Re: Osun Acquires Four Locomotives Of 40 Coaches & 40 Wagons by Gbenge77(m): 5:51am On Oct 16, 2011
Kudos.
Re: Osun Acquires Four Locomotives Of 40 Coaches & 40 Wagons by Gbawe: 10:03am On Oct 16, 2011
Gbenge 77:

Kudos.

emiye:

Great Initiative.

Very gracious of you guys. Wether perpetual critics and haters like it or not, Osun will develop. Oyinlola ran the State like a private pepper-soup joint for the PDP. The wanton looting, indolence and dearth of ideas/progress under his rule was hideous.

Aregbesola , so far, has been strategic, prudent and systematic in his approach to Governance. I would like Nairalanders to show me Nigerian Governors who ingeniously saved N30 billion and publicly announced this voluntarily. If we truly understand Nigeria and the looting culture of our leaders we will appreciate what Aregbesola has done.

Ultimately, people can say what they want but it is no coincidence that those who are neutral and without Party or ethnic affiliation (eg International Governance and development agencies) are waxing lyrical about Aregbesola's various policies/initiatives and pledging financial and technical supports. His employment initiative (OYES) is now being understudied beyond Nigeria with one International expert describing it as having the potential to be "the best in Africa" as far as employment provision models go. It is only in Nigeria many are comfortable attempting to keep a good man down instead of supporting him.
Re: Osun Acquires Four Locomotives Of 40 Coaches & 40 Wagons by MMM2(m): 1:34pm On Oct 16, 2011
dats good
Re: Osun Acquires Four Locomotives Of 40 Coaches & 40 Wagons by Gbawe: 3:32pm On Oct 16, 2011
Beaf:

Bruv, where is the list na? LOLZ!
Aregbesola is just telling his usual high stories. Na who be di maga?

Na you be the"maga" silly dullard !!!! I really marvel at how , in total defiance of logic, some pronounce you as "intelligent" on this forum. They must have extremely low standard or a poor grasp of what intelligence is because , to me , you don't even know how to think !!!! Foolishly , you produce a map that highlights your ignorance and mischief yet you have the nerve to posit that Aregbesola is telling "high stories".  Do you not live in the UK? You should tell us whether a rail map from 5 years ago will be accurate today given the many Station created and still under construction.

Only your bigoted co-travellers , seeing as you are the best they have on NL, tout you as clever when you are simply their inadequate local champion . The solid evidence of the progress been made in Osun is there for all to see even if you and your co-travellers in mischief and sycophancy prefer to sit here lying all day.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=20016

QUESTION: The last time I met you four or five months ago or so, you spoke about creating a mid-regional market that will make the state a hub of business activities. You said you would engage the railway in facilitating, how much progress have you made?

[b]GOVERNOR AREGBESOLA: [/b]We have been on it. It is part of our campaign promises. You are asking now about specifics of actualising the vision. We have gone very far, it is not just our style to celebrate programme that are not fully actualised. Yes, we signed an agreement with the Nigeria Railway Corporation in that regard and work has commenced at the Osun State terminal at Dagbolu in Ikirun. The place will serve as port for collection of agricultural produce from all over the state and from where the produce will be moved to the market of Lagos. The state government will be responsible for the cost of the freight of agricultural produce that are to be moved to Lagos. That will be our own incentive to producers of primary food produce. Just before you came in, I was discussing with one of our partners who is working with us on ensuring that nothing will disturb the process. So as we told you before, we are committed to the project. The platform in Dagbolu in Ikirun is ready; the Nigeria Railway Corporation has not yet completed its own part. As a government, we have met our own part. As soon as they are ready, we will roll out. The Dagbolu terminus is not only going to be a mere platform. We are not only going to be moving only agricultural produce, we are also going to move finished products from Lagos. We want to turn the state to a mid-regional market, not only people from Osun, people from Nigeria’s Middle Belt who hitherto would have to go to Lagos for getting their essentials will no longer have reason to do so. There will be a market here where all products for which people go to Lagos will be available at Lagos prices. We also expect conglomerates to partner with us like building warehouses.
Re: Osun Acquires Four Locomotives Of 40 Coaches & 40 Wagons by Beaf: 3:50pm On Oct 16, 2011
Gbawe:

Na you be the"maga" silly dullard !!!! I really marvel at how , in total defiance of logic, some pronounce you as "intelligent" on this forum. They must have extremely low standard or a poor grasp of what intelligence is because , to me , you don't even know how to think !!!! Foolishly , you produce a map that highlights your ignorance and mischief yet you have the nerve to posit that Aregbesola is telling "high stories".  Do you not live in the UK? You should tell us whether a rail map from 5 years ago will be accurate today given the many Station created and still under construction.

Only your bigoted co-travellers , seeing as you are the best they have on NL, tout you as clever when you are simply their inadequate local champion . The solid evidence of the progress been made in Osun is there for all to see even if you and your co-travellers in mischief and sycophancy prefer to sit here lying all day.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=20016

You are a fool and even more so for posting crap from osundefender which is as good as used toilet roll.
[size=14pt]There is NO railway line yet and our usual megalomaniac is claiming to have bought trains. Where is he going to run those trains, abi you tink say train na boat wen dem fit float for Osun Grove? Or maybe AregbeRASCAL has finally invented road going trains that will overtake luxorious buses on our express ways.[/size]

[size=14pt]Abracadbra and 419, all na di same!! grin grin grin grin[/size]

Unu go take unu foolishness wound pikin o! grin grin grin grin grin

Abeg, sniff more stuff before you reply, you're sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/550058_cocaina_jpgbf66eca2c4d06f1e48f8736204ee4f9c

Dunce. Who be di maga? shocked shocked shocked
www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Osun Acquires Four Locomotives Of 40 Coaches & 40 Wagons by EkoIle1: 4:09pm On Oct 16, 2011
The greatest injustice to any thread transpires when people respond and pay attention to this nuisance swamp rat?

I mean, what do you have to gain? His juvenile and idiotic antics? Do you people really welcome and enjoy?

You know what's coming once you accord him the platform. This makes no damn sense.
Re: Osun Acquires Four Locomotives Of 40 Coaches & 40 Wagons by koruji(m): 4:14pm On Oct 16, 2011
@Beaf
Give it up. You not only go around telling ridiculous lies, but even when you try to use facts you come up with ignorant stuff.

When you posted that ignorant "map" of Nigeria's railway system I said to myself that you would soon realize that you have made a terrible mistake.

Pointers: On "your map" nothing goes through Ibadan. [size=14pt]If you know anything at all about the Nigerian railway service you would know that Ibadan is a major terminus for Nigeria's railway system - and so is Osogbo. Stop describing things you know little about.[/size]

Below is the map you should be using, which clearly shows Osogbo (Dagbolu is one of its environs):

Beaf:

You are a fool and even more so for posting crap from osundefender which is as good as used toilet roll.
[size=14pt]There is NO railway line yet and our usual megalomaniac is claiming to have bought trains. Where is he going to run those trains, abi you tink say train na boat wen dem fit float for Osun Grove? Or maybe AregbeRASCAL has finally invented road going trains that will overtake luxorious buses on our express ways.[/size]

[size=14pt]Abracadbra and 419, all na di same!! grin grin grin grin[/size]

Unu go take unu foolishness wound pikin o! grin grin grin grin grin

Abeg, sniff more stuff before you reply, you're sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/550058_cocaina_jpgbf66eca2c4d06f1e48f8736204ee4f9c

Dunce. Who be di maga? shocked shocked shocked
www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

Re: Osun Acquires Four Locomotives Of 40 Coaches & 40 Wagons by Gbawe: 4:21pm On Oct 16, 2011
koruji:

@Beaf
Give it up. You not only go around telling ridiculous lies, but even when you try to use facts you come up with ignorant stuff.

When you posted that ignorant "map" of Nigeria's railway system I said to myself that you would soon realize that you have made a terrible mistake.

Pointers: On "your map" nothing goes through Ibadan. [size=14pt]If you know anything at all about the Nigerian railway service you would know that Ibadan is a major terminus for Nigeria's railway system - and so is Osogbo. Stop describing things you know little about.[/size]

My brother, Beaf's paymasters will soon give him the sack. They must be disgusted at how he is now 'owned' and exposed as a class A dullard routinely on Nairaland. He is now totally discredited here and thus worthless to those who pay him to deliver spin on NL . His sack is imminent.
Re: Osun Acquires Four Locomotives Of 40 Coaches & 40 Wagons by EkoIle1: 4:24pm On Oct 16, 2011
Isn't Oshogbo train station of of the major train stations in Nigeria? Why is this even any source of debate? T

his is what we get when we pay attention to these worthless ignorant trash.
Re: Osun Acquires Four Locomotives Of 40 Coaches & 40 Wagons by EkoIle1: 4:35pm On Oct 16, 2011
We must vote so that generations yet unborn would NOT have to read in books that there was once a viable rail system that brought Ibo girls from Bompai, Kano to school with Yoruba-Ekiti girls at Ado through the vibrant Osogbo Train Station. Right now in 2011, I volunteer teaching English Writing to Pry 6 kids at an Ibadan School and when I told them not only my own experience of rail travel from Lagos to Ibadan but the experience of a primary school class at UI Staff School of the 80s going on an excursion to Ibadan station, they were in awe. I read a report of the excursion from the School Magazine to them!
http://www.google.com/search?q=oshogbo+train+station&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Similarly, the establishment of the Railway Station is perhaps the most important single factor in the tremendous developments of Osogbo.

www.osunosogbofestival.com/">http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Y8HA2LjMxzAJ:www.osunosogbofestival.com/%3Fp%3D32+oshogbo+train+station&cd=9&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

And according to GEJ,

Addressing a rally in Osogbo, Osun State, yesterday in continuation of his presidential campaign, Mr Jonathan said that the rail line between Lagos and Jebba will be completed in March and open for operation.

Addressing a rally in Osogbo, Osun State, yesterday in continuation of his presidential campaign, Mr Jonathan said that the rail line between Lagos and Jebba will be completed in March and open for operation.

"I have just received a report from the Chairman of the Nigeria Railway Corporation that by the end of this month, segment of railway between Lagos and Jebba would be completed and people will begin to board train from Osogbo," he said.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/5681272-147/story.csp

Re: Osun Acquires Four Locomotives Of 40 Coaches & 40 Wagons by Gbawe: 4:37pm On Oct 16, 2011
Eko Ile:

Isn't Oshogbo train station of of the major train stations in Nigeria? Why is this even any source of debate? T

his is what we get when we pay attention to these worthless ignorant trash.

My brother, why pass up on a chance , yet again, to show how ignorant and lacking in knowledge Beaf really is? He is the main lying antagonist of Aregbesola and the ACN here. It is good to show the many morons , who follow him ignorantly and blindly on NL , that their 'Oga' is a lying low life 'olodo'.
Re: Osun Acquires Four Locomotives Of 40 Coaches & 40 Wagons by EkoIle1: 4:47pm On Oct 16, 2011
Gbawe:

My brother, why pass up on a chance , yet again, to show how ignorant and lacking in knowledge Beaf really is? He is the main lying antagonist of Aregbesola and the ACN here. It is good to show the many morons , who follow him ignorantly and blindly on NL , that their'Oga' is a lying low life 'olodo'.

I truly understand. You are way way more tolerant than me and you go the extra mile to educate these ignorant people. The fact is, that juvenile is on my ignore list and he's been on it for a long long time, I make my point without paying attention to him or even quoting him.

He has nothing to offer anybody but his usual worthless trash and immature nonsenses and ignorant antics. You really have to be insanely daft not to know that there is a rail station and line in Oshogbo.  Well, he is daft anyways,
Re: Osun Acquires Four Locomotives Of 40 Coaches & 40 Wagons by Beaf: 4:57pm On Oct 16, 2011
What a bunch of hidiots! While the article is talking about Dagbolu, our usual village id!ots are talking about Oshogbo. Gaddem!!! shocked
How does that work? UP ACN! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
When id!ots gather, even fools scatter.

When was Dagbolu last used? Before WWII? LOLZ
Sniff sontin jare!

There is no usable railway line there, meanwhile the RASCAL is buying trains abi unu tink say train na bicycle wen dem fit ride through bush?
All na ways to tif money sha.

Pesin go wound o!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

[size=33pt]419[/size]
Re: Osun Acquires Four Locomotives Of 40 Coaches & 40 Wagons by EkoIle1: 5:14pm On Oct 16, 2011
Gbawe:

My brother, Beaf's paymasters will soon give him the sack. They must be disgusted at how he is now 'owned' and exposed as a class A dullard routinely on Nairaland. He is now totally discredited here and thus worthless to those who pay him to deliver spin on NL . His sack is imminent.

But he is a dullard and we all know this.

The article asserted that the state approved the construction of a mid-regional market at Dagbolu area, but this dumb, can't read and comprehend dullard just claimed that the article that we've all read said something about turning Dagbolu into a rail track or train station.

How did market turned into rail station?

Now you see what I'm talking about. The only thing you have to gain from this ignorant slowpoke is his ignorance and daftness. After getting busted with his dumb no rail track in oshogbo nonsense and bogus maps, now it's all out stupidity and dumbness.

According to him, the state Executive Council has also approved the construction of a mid-regional market at Dagbolu area, saying, “we are starting an Osun mid-regional market at Dagbolu and this has to come into place because of the intention of the governor to make Osun the nerve commercial centre of the South-West”.
Re: Osun Acquires Four Locomotives Of 40 Coaches & 40 Wagons by dayokanu(m): 5:22pm On Oct 16, 2011
So the rail line just dropped from the sky into Oshogbo? It didnt pass through some villages and towns before getting to Oshogbo?

Egbon razist abeg shey you go smoke some weed

Re: Osun Acquires Four Locomotives Of 40 Coaches & 40 Wagons by Beaf: 5:28pm On Oct 16, 2011
^
You must be a fool not to know that Dagbolu used to have a rail station in the time of Hitler, now it is no more. Yet, my guy wan buy train wen go ply di route. Na wa! LOL!!
How are trains gonna get to Oshogbo from there. . . Maybe they will drive on Ikirun Road sha. grin grin grin grin grin

No be small tin o! RASCALS wan wound babies wit dia foolishness! Keep on sniffing o!

[img]http://4.bp..com/_g23luxfc5AY/TF62vTW6oJI/AAAAAAAAfxc/rOSH5qiPgfg/s1600/cocaine.jpg[/img]

[size=49pt]419.[/size]

Re: Osun Acquires Four Locomotives Of 40 Coaches & 40 Wagons by EkoIle1: 6:02pm On Oct 16, 2011
Anyways, let's please ignore this clown and move on to something better and uplifting.

This was way back in May.

Aregbesola’s Winning Ways

The boldest sign that things are beginning to change in the state is the youth empowerment programme of the Aregbesola administration. Tagged the Osun Youths Empowerment Scheme, OYES, the programme was conceived to create 20,000 jobs in 100 days, a vision many thought was unrealisable.

The ripple effect of this OYES is already being felt. Local tailors, numbering 6,000, were hired to sew uniforms for the cadets. The fabrics were bought from merchants in the state.

President, Nigerian Union of Tailors, Olorunda Chapter, Oshogbo, Chief Johnson Daramola, is full of praise for Aregbesola. He described him as the first governor to remember the tailors in the state.

Chief Daramola explained that after the initiation of OYES, the governor gave a contract to the union to sew 20,000 uniforms. “Aregbesola gave us contract to sew 20,000 uniforms for the beneficiaries of OYES programme. He said the contract should go round all the local councils in the state. We mobilised tailors in all the local councils. We all benefited,” he disclosed.

Daramola added that many tailors were able to buy new machines and other things needed for their trade. “What Aregbesola did surprised us and the only thing we could do to pay him back was to ensure that ACN won the last elections. That was why we went out to campaign for ACN and voted for the party at the last election. We will continue to vote for Aregbesola and ACN,” he said. The party won all the state and National Assembly seats in the state.

OYES has six initial departments: Public Works Bureau, Sanitation Czars, Osun Sheriffs, Osun Paramedics, Green Gangs and Traffic Managers. The graduates have been distributed to all the local councils, with 600 cadets in each local council. Oshogbo, the capital, has about 2,600.

OYES has drawn admiring glances from the government of Ekiti State, which has promised to set up a similar scheme. The World Bank has also signified its desire to study the OYES.

Closely related to this is the budding agricultural revolution launched by Aregbesola. Agriculture, the major economic activity of the area, through which Awolowo created jobs and tackled poverty, had suffered serious neglect by successive governments.

To revive the sector, Aregbesola has created the Osun Rural Enterprise and Agriculture Programme, O-REAP, as the engine that will drive the revolution and return farmers to the sort of pre-eminence that they once enjoyed. While the revolution is not yet full-blown, observers reckon that its first fruits will be harvested in the current farming season, when bumper yields are expected.

O-REAP comprises micro-credit and entrepreneurial schemes for farmers’ cooperatives and rural entrepreneurs. The government is planning to develop rural products, especially agricultural, and how these products will be distributed for the optimum return. The entrepreneurial programme will encourage the development of farm produce like cassava, cocoa, palm kernel as well as yam processing and market linkage. Markets for agricultural products will be developed in commercial locations, like Alimosho in Lagos, to complement Mile 12 Market. The agricultural initiative involves Quick Impact Intervention Programme (QIIP) for farmers’ cooperative groups, an agricultural micro-finance programme and a farm settlement programme.

The government will be involved in the storage and transportation of the products to quality buyers to ensure that farmers receive optimal returns on investment. Plans to cooperate with the Nigerian Railway Corporation in the transportation of the goods, which will be stored in warehouses to be built near the Oshogbo Train Terminus for easy haulage, are already at an advanced stage. The government is also working on how to reduce the multiple chain of agents between farmers and end consumers of produce. This will put more money into the pockets of the farmers and reduce the cost of food.

To create more jobs, Mr. Gbenga Fayemiwo, an aide to Aregbesola, disclosed that through O-REAP, the government has 100,000 acres for farming. According to him, the land will be distributed to prospective farmers at two acres per person. The government will also provide necessary assistance in the shape of modern techniques. The expectation of the government, he said, is that 75,000 metric tonnes of grain will be produced this farming season.

Fayemiwo added that the government plans to revive the Oshogbo Trade Fair to boost commerce in the state.

http://thenewsafrica.com/2011/05/31/aregbesola%E2%80%99s-winning-ways/
Re: Osun Acquires Four Locomotives Of 40 Coaches & 40 Wagons by koruji(m): 7:51pm On Oct 16, 2011
@Beaf
[size=20pt]Really. You are this DAFT.[/size]

You are providing convincing evidence that there is something fundamentally wrong with your thinking patterns.

Meanwhile, for the second time today below is your educations. See Dagbolu right on the rail line. Even on your half-baked map the traffic goes through Dagbolu, even though whoever did the drawing pretended there are no Ibadan or Osogbo rail lines. It is not as if Nigeria has spur lines all over the place.

Dagbolu is in Osogbo. I have personally walked across the rail lines both in Osogbo and Ibadan, so just give it up.

Beaf:

^
You must be a fool not to know that Dagbolu used to have a rail station in the time of Hitler, now it is no more. Yet, my guy wan buy train wen go ply di route. Na wa! LOL!!
How are trains gonna get to Oshogbo from there. . . Maybe they will drive on Ikirun Road sha. grin grin grin grin grin

No be small tin o! RASCALS wan wound babies wit dia foolishness! Keep on sniffing o!

[img]http://4.bp..com/_g23luxfc5AY/TF62vTW6oJI/AAAAAAAAfxc/rOSH5qiPgfg/s1600/cocaine.jpg[/img]

[size=49pt]419.[/size]

Re: Osun Acquires Four Locomotives Of 40 Coaches & 40 Wagons by bouzymill2: 8:20pm On Oct 16, 2011
O.S.U.N D.E.F.E.N.D.E.R !!!!! Propaganda at its worst!
Re: Osun Acquires Four Locomotives Of 40 Coaches & 40 Wagons by Beaf: 12:34am On Oct 18, 2011
koruji:

@Beaf
[size=20pt]Really. You are this DAFT.[/size]

You are providing convincing evidence that there is something fundamentally wrong with your thinking patterns.

Meanwhile, for the second time today below is your educations. See Dagbolu right on the rail line. Even on your half-baked map the traffic goes through Dagbolu, even though whoever did the drawing pretended there are no Ibadan or Osogbo rail lines. It is not as if Nigeria has spur lines all over the place.

Dagbolu is in Osogbo. I have personally walked across the rail lines both in Osogbo and Ibadan, so just give it up.

Poor thing.

Firstly, Dagbolu is about 10-15 kilometres from Osogbo, [size=14pt]secondly that railway line was last used in 1932. Na only bush and rats de deh nowadays, maybe if you had looked carefully while walking, just maybe you would even have seen Mungo Park or Lord Lugard.[/size]
. . ."40 coaches and 40 wagons.". . To drive along Ikirun Road! Up Aregbe!! grin grin grin grin
One day is one day, unu go take laf kill pikin for dis NL o!

[size=49pt]419[/size]
Re: Osun Acquires Four Locomotives Of 40 Coaches & 40 Wagons by koruji(m): 12:57am On Oct 18, 2011
I guess you have changed your mind as usual - Rail lines do pass through Dagbolu and Osogbo afterall.

Only now Dagbolu is 15-20 km from Osogbo. Is that measuring from the governors office, powerline, steel rolling mill, Osun State University, Alekuwodo or where?

If you were not reading with jaded eyes, you would know that Aregbesola indeed spoke of NRC "REPAIRING" that particular station.

You came up with a map with no stopping points in Ibadan or Osogbo and went to town saying there were no rail lines there. When that was proved otherwise, you went on and on about Dagbolu being the one with no rail lines. Now that a google map actually includes Dagbolu on a rail line that goes all the way down south and up north, you have like a chameleon that you are decided it was last used in 1932.

A station and a rail line are two different things - get it?

Pray tell me which line was your dear leader GEJ was speaking about here:
Addressing a rally in Osogbo on March 3, in continuation of his presidential campaign, Mr Jonathan said the rail line between Lagos and Jebba will be completed and open for operation by the end of March.

"I have just received a report from the Chairman of the Nigeria Railway Corporation that by the end of this month, segment of railway between Lagos and Jebba would be completed and people will begin to board train from Osogbo," he said.

Mr Jonathan; the Vice President, Namadi Sambo; and Ogun State governor, Gbenga Daniel subsequently undertook a 98-km train journey on March 12 from Ebute-Meta Junction to Abeokuta to show the tracks were ready for operations.

Their train ride followed the commissioning of the new 25 locomotive engines procured by the NRC.

The Minister of Transport, Yussuff Suleman embarked on a test-run ride on the train from Ebute-Meta to Abeokuta in Ogun State on March11.

Mr Ndakotsu stated that the MTTS project had been replicated in Kano, Kaduna-Challawa, Jos and Maiduguri while a concrete sleeper had been established at Bodija, Ibadan.

"The cement freight train service for Lafarge Cement Company, Ewekoro; rehabilitation of the Lagos-Jebba rail line; refurbishment of coaches and wagons, workshops re-equipping and staff trainings had also been carried out," he said.

Beaf:

Poor thing.

Firstly, Dagbolu is about 10-15 kilometres from Osogbo, [size=14pt]secondly that railway line was last used in 1932. Na only bush and rats de deh nowadays, maybe if you had looked carefully while walking, just maybe you would even have seen Mungo Park or Lord Lugard.[/size]
. . ."40 coaches and 40 wagons.". . To drive along Ikirun Road! Up Aregbe!! grin grin grin grin
One day is one day, unu go take laf kill pikin for dis NL o!

[size=49pt]419[/size]
Re: Osun Acquires Four Locomotives Of 40 Coaches & 40 Wagons by ektbear: 1:20am On Oct 18, 2011
Koruji, I don't understand why you pay this Beaf dude any attention.

It isn't worth your time. Some people are only worthy of ridicule, nothing more.

Laugh at them and move on. View them as an alternative to Netflix. . . cheap entertainment grin
Re: Osun Acquires Four Locomotives Of 40 Coaches & 40 Wagons by Beaf: 1:21am On Oct 18, 2011
^
Lol! Inconsequential scarab.

koruji:

I guess you have changed your mind as usual - Rail lines do pass through Dagbolu and Osogbo afterall.

Only now Dagbolu is 15-20 km from Osogbo. Is that measuring from the governors office, powerline, steel rolling mill, Osun State University, Alekuwodo or where?

If you were not reading with jaded eyes, you would know that Aregbesola indeed spoke of NRC "REPAIRING" that particular station.

You came up with a map with no stopping points in Ibadan or Osogbo and went to town saying there were no rail lines there. When that was proved otherwise, you went on and on about Dagbolu being the one with no rail lines. Now that a google map actually includes Dagbolu on a rail line that goes all the way down south and up north, you have like a chameleon that you are decided it was last used in 1932.

A station and a rail line are two different things - get it?

Pray tell me which line was your dear leader GEJ was speaking about here:

Changed my mind? Lol! You are clowning as usual not so? You even quoted the post where I said Dagbolu used to have a railway line in the time of Hitler (I told you your battery was weak earlier, didn't I?).

Anyways, back to business. Is a skeleton alive? Can something that was used during Hitlers time and of a different guage from modern trains be called a railway line by a sensible person? Lol!
Dude, you still haven't told us if you saw Lord Lugard or Mungo Park waiting to board the train that you saw at Dagbolu.

Only in RASCAL country!

Dude, say hello to "auntie." grin grin grin

Unu go wound o!

Re: Osun Acquires Four Locomotives Of 40 Coaches & 40 Wagons by ak47mann(m): 1:30am On Oct 18, 2011
grin grin grin grin
funny
Re: Osun Acquires Four Locomotives Of 40 Coaches & 40 Wagons by TomFord: 1:32am On Oct 18, 2011
beaf,what's so funny?
Re: Osun Acquires Four Locomotives Of 40 Coaches & 40 Wagons by koruji(m): 1:41am On Oct 18, 2011
You know what you are and there is no denying it.

All the gibberish in the world only goes to prove that that you have become a [size=14pt]bufoonish virus [/size] to NLers.

It would be funny if it were not so sad to see someone so "[size=14pt]knowingly bipoplar[/size]" as you.

And to think that this is what Nigeria's resources is being used for.

[size=14pt]At the least, you people can claim to post the greatest amount of gibberish to the world, while steadily losing the presidency to Boko Haram. Shame on you and GEJ for bringing so much shame, after promising so much. You and your sponsors at the highest level are no more than run of the mill raggamuffins[/size]

Beaf:

^
Re: Osun Acquires Four Locomotives Of 40 Coaches & 40 Wagons by MCMLXXVI(m): 3:00pm On Jun 03, 2015
Chai! See propaganda! grin
Re: Osun Acquires Four Locomotives Of 40 Coaches & 40 Wagons by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 03, 2015
waiting to see the type of locomotivs grin grin
Re: Osun Acquires Four Locomotives Of 40 Coaches & 40 Wagons by CSTR2: 3:18pm On Jun 03, 2015
Oh the great beaf.
A true legend of nairaland.
If he were still here, he would have torn buhari to shreds.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Press One Of The World's Freest - UN / Akwa Ibom, Firm Seal Deal For 732MW Ibom Power Plant Expansion / Benue Assembly Member, Jacob Orban Defects From APC To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.