Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Nigerian Police Vs Armed Robbers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Police Vs Armed Robbers (817 Views)

See What Is Happening In New York Now...new York Police Vs Muderers / Police Vs Amaechi's Warning: Ekiti Speaker’s Security Restored / Pictures: Nigerian Police Vs Western Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Police Vs Armed Robbers by afrika1(m): 10:52am On Sep 11, 2007
Was in Nigeria for a week.

Police arrested me, detained me for 3+hours. Until my uncle came to pay 20k, they manhandled my wife. (Pushed her out of the station and threathend to beat her and when my brother came, the same thing) Seized my phones and all documents

Was a horrible experience, and was not the 1st time its happening, but the worst

MY CRIME:
Was driving to the airport to check in early, when they noticed the suit cases in the car, so stopped me. My papers where complete. But he insisted If i dont tell him where i work, which i did and show him my company registration papers. They will beat me up or shoot me. They tried to slap me, before they rough handled my wife. (We came to NG to get married and was going back)

They claimed, i visited too many countries and why should i have a laptop in my possesion.

They forced me to right a statement, all sorts of rubbish. e.g.

They saw, me with a cheque "barclays" bank and said, i should write that, i know where they make fake cheques, if not they will beat me and will kill me and nothing will happen

They also, said, i should write that i know where i get FAKE visas from.

Was a nightmare, my wife says she will "NEVER" visit NG again.

It happend in Berger police station, near sweetsensation.
Re: Nigerian Police Vs Armed Robbers by mazaje(m): 11:16am On Sep 11, 2007
That's really pathetic, anyway what should you expect from a bunch of illitrates and people that are of no good? people that have absolute no knowledge of whats going on around them. Its either we over haul the entire police force or nigeria remains where it is because the police will not only impede progress but will never allow it to happen if they are left unchecked.
Re: Nigerian Police Vs Armed Robbers by Seun(m): 11:27am On Sep 11, 2007
No matter how bad the police gets, they are still much better than armed robbers. Let's just improve them.
Re: Nigerian Police Vs Armed Robbers by mankevo(m): 11:41am On Sep 11, 2007
shocked cool Nigerian Police? Hmn, Legalized armed robbers on Uniform or what d u say?

(1) (Reply)

A Munite Please / Police Arrest Killers Of Us-based Businesswoman In Imo State. / Politikal Nonsesikal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.