Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

Advice A Newbie Venturing Into Tech - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Advice A Newbie Venturing Into Tech (710 Views)

I Want To Go Into Tech; What Field Should I Choose? / Must Everybody Go Into Tech Or Learn Coding? / How I Recommend A Newbie Goes About Learning Web Development. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice A Newbie Venturing Into Tech by nwaobitex: 4:58pm On Aug 29, 2023
I know this question most likely would have been asked countless times but please do me favour.

I am an undergraduate and I have always had interest in tech but I just have not had to will force to push myself to start.
I am finally tired of slacking and I have promised myself to start admist school and all.

I have always had interest in web development but from the look of things it seems that part of tech is getting oversaturated (correct me if I'm wrong)

So what I'm basically asking is advice on what tech stack you think is on demand and which do you think I should learn as a beginner entering this new world.
Of course my aim is to learn something and be job ready in the next 6-12 months.

Ps: I am a young vibrant boy willing to learn and I believe nothing is too difficult.
Re: Advice A Newbie Venturing Into Tech by Stephen0mozzy: 5:47pm On Aug 29, 2023
I've come to realize that the best stack eventually is the one you should as a result of you considering its requirements vs your ability... Your time, previous exposure to things related to that field and the resources to learn.

Anyone can give an opinion based on their own strengths or based on general consensus, but you have to do the research yourself and find something out. It's easier to help you decide between three different choices than being blank about what to do.

6 - 12 months grin. Well....... Answer the above first and you'll get your answer
Re: Advice A Newbie Venturing Into Tech by nwaobitex: 6:15pm On Aug 29, 2023
Stephen0mozzy:
I've come to realize that the best stack eventually is the one you should as a result of you considering its requirements vs your ability... Your time, previous exposure to things related to that field and the resources to learn.

Anyone can give an opinion based on their own strengths or based on general consensus, but you have to do the research yourself and find something out. It's easier to help you decide between three different choices than being blank about what to do.

6 - 12 months grin. Well....... Answer the above first and you'll get your answer
Okay, the areas that have peaked my interests are Web development (Frontend) and cybersecurity.
Re: Advice A Newbie Venturing Into Tech by Mayowadre(m): 10:54am On Aug 30, 2023
I noticed its hard for me to learn, work and enjoy a tech field that I can't think of a problem to solve.

Example: Web3 - I have been working professionally for half a decade in tech and every time i go through any platform/language documentation or a tutorial, project ideas come to my mind. But, I have never had that same experience with blockchain tech for some reason.

Every field eventually rewards those who give their best.

So pick a technology/platform you are willing to lose sleep for.

3 Likes

Re: Advice A Newbie Venturing Into Tech by nwaobitex: 12:13am On Aug 31, 2023
Mayowadre:
I noticed its hard for me to learn, work and enjoy a tech field that I can't think of a problem to solve.

Example: Web3 - I have been working professionally for half a decade in tech and every time i go through any platform/language documentation or a tutorial, project ideas come to my mind. But, I have never had that same experience with blockchain tech for some reason.

Every field eventually rewards those who give their best.

So pick a technology/platform you are willing to lose sleep for.
hmm, I guess that's what I'm trying to figure out
Re: Advice A Newbie Venturing Into Tech by DyingFetus: 2:12pm On Aug 31, 2023
Learn PHP
Re: Advice A Newbie Venturing Into Tech by airsaylongcome: 11:08am On Sep 01, 2023
nwaobitex:

Okay, the areas that have peaked my interests are Web development (Frontend) and cybersecurity.

piqued
Re: Advice A Newbie Venturing Into Tech by Brainlight: 12:08pm On Sep 01, 2023
airsaylongcome:

piqued

I DEY SUSPECT SAY .... YOU BE VILLAGE HEADMASTER .....BEFORE YOU LEARN ONLINE SKILLS.... WHY YOU ALWAYS THE CORRECT .... PEOPLE ENGLISH UPANDAN.....EVEN GRAMMARLY.... NO DO REACH YOU.

1 Like

Re: Advice A Newbie Venturing Into Tech by airsaylongcome: 11:31pm On Sep 01, 2023
Brainlight:

I DEY SUSPECT SAY .... YOU BE VILLAGE HEADMASTER .....BEFORE YOU LEARN ONLINE SKILLS.... WHY YOU ALWAYS THE CORRECT .... PEOPLE ENGLISH UPANDAN.....EVEN GRAMMARLY.... NO DO REACH YOU.

peaked and piqued are completely different words with different meanings. I was only nudging them in the right direction.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice A Newbie Venturing Into Tech by nwaobitex: 8:22pm On Sep 02, 2023
airsaylongcome:

piqued
Thanks
Re: Advice A Newbie Venturing Into Tech by nwaobitex: 8:23pm On Sep 02, 2023
DyingFetus:
Learn PHP
Hmm, I will look into it and what it can be used for. But it does not seem to be popular.
Re: Advice A Newbie Venturing Into Tech by danielclerkson(m): 3:12pm On Sep 03, 2023
nwaobitex:
I know this question most likely would have been asked countless times but please do me favour.

I am an undergraduate and I have always had interest in tech but I just have not had to will force to push myself to start.
I am finally tired of slacking and I have promised myself to start admist school and all.

I have always had interest in web development but from the look of things it seems that part of tech is getting oversaturated (correct me if I'm wrong)

So what I'm basically asking is advice on what tech stacks to learn

Firstly does your zeal outweigh any desire to make easy and quick cash. If yes, then u are on the right path. But if the answer is no, then just quit, because you will have no joy from what you are doing and eventually, BOOM U QUIT

1 Like

Re: Advice A Newbie Venturing Into Tech by silento(m): 7:32am On Sep 04, 2023
6-12 month
Just dey play

Unless you know yahoo boys
That's the only people u can give half baked work to use and scam people

(1) (Reply)

Have A Challenge With My Program / Php Script Ammendment / How Did You Learn How To Program?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.