Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Two Men Drowned While Swimming In Ogun River - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Two Men Drowned While Swimming In Ogun River (16350 Views)

Nigerian Man Drowns In Libya While Swimming In Sea (Photos) / Man’s Suicide Attempt At Ogun River In Abeokuta Aborted (Photos) / Boy Almost Drowned While Swimming With His Girlfriend In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Men Drowned While Swimming In Ogun River by GanagiBitrus: 6:28am On Aug 30, 2023
mercysamuelson:
GanagiBitrus

Hope lifeguard dey on standby. Those balloons fit burst o.

Like say you know. I know dey risk 0.1% of my life considering how deep my pool is.
I hope you also fenced off the pool area to avoid a kid accidentally wandering into the pool.

1 Like

Re: Two Men Drowned While Swimming In Ogun River by onadana: 6:28am On Aug 30, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

How do you respect water?

No matter how good you're as a swimmer,never swim without a life guard in sight.Don't get carried away by the calmness and ambience of water.Water is a deadly foe.
Re: Two Men Drowned While Swimming In Ogun River by GanagiBitrus: 6:39am On Aug 30, 2023
onadana:

No matter how good you're as a swimmer,never swim without a life guard in sight.Don't get carried away by the calmness and ambience of water.Water is a deadly foe.
Ok. Having a lifeguard on standby is an added safety feature, though many good swimmers will find it practically impossible to employ a lifeguard in their private home swimming pools, to be on standby when they are swimming.
Re: Two Men Drowned While Swimming In Ogun River by Offpoint1: 7:37am On Aug 30, 2023
kereman1:
The calmness and tranquility of a river is just a facade, the real demons are lurking beneath it's surface, even tho I'm a good swimmer, I no dey ever tempt my village people for river.
People don't know this, I was born in a riverine area and I laughed at people saying "If you don't know how to swim, avoid water"

Whether you know how to swim or not, kindly avoid water.

You can't predict water, you don't know the point of current. The top can appear calm, but there's a full force of current blowing below.
Once you get caught up, nothing can save you.

Swimming is 10x energy consuming and exhausting than running.
The energy you burned while running for an hour, is what you burn when swimming for just 45s.

1 Like

Re: Two Men Drowned While Swimming In Ogun River by ruthdean: 8:06am On Aug 30, 2023
With our monetary system at a local absolutely is, I am choosing to make information on filing for jobless bonuses. This inspiration were to illustrate how our jobless machine works, what is the fixed will be taking and rejecting professes, immediately after which add books within my own engagement ring information in what the supreme maneuvers in addition very common goof ups are typically submitting redundancy elements. 안전놀이터
Re: Two Men Drowned While Swimming In Ogun River by hammerT: 9:03am On Aug 30, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
No matter how peaceful or serene any water body may appear, including a swimming pool, never take the risk of swimming except you are a confirmed swimmer.

RIP to the dead.

Water has allure.

If the victim fall, it swallows them alive.

Some water cannot be swam even if you can swim, because current too strong, both surface level and undercurrent.

Moral of the story is respect yourself and respect water by leaving it alone, unless u are fish.

p.s. some river have crocodile, python big fish
Re: Two Men Drowned While Swimming In Ogun River by Tayorshd87: 9:23am On Aug 30, 2023
Kriss216:
How can two matured men drown at the same time

Infact u saw what am Abt to write 🤔

Two adults when they are not kids ☺️
Went to pool to kill themselves 😂

Rip to them though
Re: Two Men Drowned While Swimming In Ogun River by Saintmary(f): 12:17pm On Aug 30, 2023
If you are not an Ogun State indigene, do not swim in the Ogun River or any of it's tributaries for any reason.
Re: Two Men Drowned While Swimming In Ogun River by mercysamuelson(m): 5:47pm On Aug 30, 2023
GanagiBitrus
I hope you also fenced off the pool area to avoid a kid accidentally wandering into the pool.

Yes, we have to open locked gates to get access to the pool side

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vwaere Daiso: Installer Of Faulty Elevator Handed Over To Police – LASG / Lagos Discharges 22 more Coronavirus Patients / Fire Guts Section Of UCH In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.