Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Controversy About Whether Or Not Peter Obi Gave Monetary Gift To Rufai Oseni - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Controversy About Whether Or Not Peter Obi Gave Monetary Gift To Rufai Oseni (14368 Views)

Lagos PPRO To Rufai: I Don't Want To Believe You Spread Fake News / Nigerians Query Obi's Response To Rufai Oseni's Question On Importation / This Viral Picture Of Man Shaking Tinubu Is Not Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Controversy About Whether Or Not Peter Obi Gave Monetary Gift To Rufai Oseni by Estello: 9:42am On Aug 30, 2023
...As Reno Omokri Publishes CSU's Letter Affirming Tinubu's Studentship

Controversy has continued to trail the news making the round on whether or not Labour Party's presidential candidate, Mr Peter Obi allegedly funded the funeral of the late father of Arise TV's journalist, Mr Rufai Oseni.

In the news making the rounds, Number one bestselling author and former aide to ex president Goodluck Jonathan, Pastor Reno Omokri, had asked the former Anambra State Governor to come clean on whether or not he gave monies to Mr Rufai Oseni during the letter's father's funeral, a move Reno said has influenced the journalist into making political comments and analysis in favour of Obi.

Pastor Omokri, in one of the tweets, called on Mr Obi to publicly deny ever inducing Mr Oseni financially.

He asked Obi if he did sponsor Oseni's late father's funeral or not.

"I asked a question that Mr. Peter Obi has NOT answered and has tried to use semantics to dodge.

"My question is this: Did Peter Obi fund the funeral of Mr Rufai Oseni's father by giving him money in cash or via electronic means, either directly or through a third party, and has that influenced Mr. Oseni's open bias in favour of Peter Obi, whereby Mr. Oseni used the AriseTV platform as a medium to campaign for and launder the image of Mr Peter Obi, and his undisguised personal animosity towards me for my refusal to support Mr Peter Obi's Presidential ambition," asked Omokri"

But in his response to Pastor Omokri's questions, Mr Peter Obi denied the allegations.

According to Obi, "... I have recently been mentioned to have bribed Mr. Rufai Oseni by financially sponsoring the burial of his father.

"I have never and will never monetarily induce any journalist to speak or write in my favour. When I am invited to birthday celebrations or funerals, people know that I do attend. Countless journalists, media personnel, the less privileged, the wealthy etc.,have all invited me to their occasions, and they will attest to the fact that I honour such invitations, especially when people are grieving. I have never been to Rufai's village. Even at the point of writing this, I do not know where he is from."

But, in further tweets, Pastor Omokri said the presidential candidate did not answer his questions. He said Mr Obi, in that response, only tried to use sophistry to dodge answering the real questions.

The former presidential aide therefore threw the questions again at Mr Obi, asking thus: "Look, I have a Masters in Law and am not moved by empty sophistry. I asked a question that Mr. Peter Obi has NOT answered and has tried to use semantics to dodge.

"My question is this: Did Peter Obi fund the funeral of Mr Rufai Oseni's father by giving him money in cash or via electronic means, either directly or through a third party, and has that influenced Mr. Oseni's open bias in favour of Peter Obi, whereby Mr. Oseni used the AriseTV platform as a medium to campaign for and launder the image of Mr Peter Obi, and his undisguised personal animosity towards me for my refusal to support Mr Peter Obi's Presidential ambition? Yes or no."

He also asked saying, "Mr. Peter Obi, you did not respond to that question. You said you did not "bribe" Mr Rufai Oseni. However, that is not what I asked. Did you or did you not give money, either directly or indirectly, to Mr Rufai Oseni? Yes or no? Simple," asked Omokri.

Similarly, Omokri, in other tweets, accused Arise TV's Rufai Oseni of threatening to kill him in a recorded audio and also lying to Nigerians that he (Mr Oseni) obtained a subpoena
From Chicago State University (CSU) denying Tinubu's Studentship at the institution.

In a social media challenge he tagged #PublishTheSubpoena, the number one bestselling author called on the journalist to publish the said subpoena on Tinubu.

Pastor Omokri also said that Tinubu actually graduated from the University just like documents from the institution, which he has also published on his handle, confirmed.

His statement reads thus:
"This is now the fifth day of my challenge to Rufai Oseni to publish the subpoena upon which he said that Chicago State University denied Bola Tinubu's academic credentials on Tuesday, November 22, 2022.

"Rufai Oseni also challenged me to publish the document I was given by @ChicagoState University, which I did.

"I also published their phone number (+1 (773) 995-2517) and their email address (CSU-Registrar@csu.edu), urging anyone who doubted the genuineness of the document and the veracity of what it contains to contact Chicago State University directly.

"Now, I call on all Nigerians who want to know the truth about whether or not President Bola Tinubu attended Chicago State University to call on Rufai Oseni to #PublishTheSubpoena."

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08/controversy-trails-peter-obis-alleged-monetary-gift-to-rufai-oseni/

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Controversy About Whether Or Not Peter Obi Gave Monetary Gift To Rufai Oseni by itsme01: 9:51am On Aug 30, 2023
cool

Tinubu playing Politics of maturity... If Tinubu wanted to act Like Olusegun Obasanjo and play the hard man Politics, many Obidioots would be missing or cooling off in Jail

203 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Controversy About Whether Or Not Peter Obi Gave Monetary Gift To Rufai Oseni by ronalmagic10(m): 10:12am On Aug 30, 2023
itsme01:
Tinubu playing Politics of maturity... If Tinubu wanted to act Like Olusegun Obasanjo and play the hard man Politics, many Obidioots would be missing or cooling off in Jail

As in eh..Tinubu is very liberal. I for one would have jailed pan.dora by now for instigating his mob and heaven will not fall

Even if heaven falls, I'll be happy it fell in my time. After all, we all have been praying to go to heaven

252 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Controversy About Whether Or Not Peter Obi Gave Monetary Gift To Rufai Oseni by itsme01: 10:18am On Aug 30, 2023
ronalmagic10:

As in eh..Tinubu is very liberal. I for one would have jailed pan.dora by now for instigating his mob and heaven will not fall

Even if heaven falls, I'll be happy it fell in my time. After all, we all have been praying to go to heaven

Obasanjo that was jailing Governors, chasing Atiku out of Aguda house Aso Rock, Oshiomole NLC was been dragged anyhow, Zaki, Biam, Modakeke

I remember the northern young Almajiri boy that stoned Obasanjo's convoy, they stopped and picked him up

Governance need iron hand in Nigeria

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Controversy About Whether Or Not Peter Obi Gave Monetary Gift To Rufai Oseni by paymentvoucher: 10:30am On Aug 30, 2023
grin
Re: Controversy About Whether Or Not Peter Obi Gave Monetary Gift To Rufai Oseni by YourNextLevel(m): 10:31am On Aug 30, 2023
Omokery (two edges sowrd)
FFKey (food lover)
Kayomi (senior advocate of non sence) Apapaaai (babalawo)
these are the real devils after 'Lie' left office.

Fix the names or not , na you sabi

If you know you know

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Controversy About Whether Or Not Peter Obi Gave Monetary Gift To Rufai Oseni by Armaggedon: 10:32am On Aug 30, 2023
Arise must really be telling you guys the painful truth.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Controversy About Whether Or Not Peter Obi Gave Monetary Gift To Rufai Oseni by slivertongue: 10:32am On Aug 30, 2023
story story

1 Like

Re: Controversy About Whether Or Not Peter Obi Gave Monetary Gift To Rufai Oseni by cjudy(m): 10:32am On Aug 30, 2023
smiley
Una go explain tire. Since you people can’t mind your business. Peter OBi is your business continue.

The more you speak bad about him, the more he prosper

65 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Controversy About Whether Or Not Peter Obi Gave Monetary Gift To Rufai Oseni by Nazgul: 10:33am On Aug 30, 2023
There's no difference between Reno and FFK. They both lack integrity and can do anything to have their own share of the national cake.

Reno has dumped his principal (Atiku) and is fighting hard to force himself on Tinubu so he can be included in the sharing formular. What a shameless man.

To the issue at hand...every dignitary who attends a burial or wedding ceremony is expected to give cash gifts to the bereaved family or couple. It's the Nigerian way, I have a childhood friend who are close with Tinubu, and during the just concluded Salah, he (Tinubu) gave them cows. Would you call that bribe...of course not.

So if Peter Obi donated cash to Rufai, he did it as a guest and not to buy him. Cos with the way Rufai aggressively interviewed Peter Obi before the elections, by asking him critical questions, you'll easily know that he maintained a neutral stand all through.

To the issue of CSU, whether or not Reno reached the school is none of our business.

Atiku claims that someone named Tinubu actually attended CSU, but the Tinubu that attended CSU isn't the one ruling us, the one ruling us is using a certificate that doesn't belong to him.

During the just concluded ministerial screening, prospective ministers were thoroughly screened by the Senate and asked to produce their academic credentials. If Tinubu isn't trying to conceal anything, I don't see any reason why he's avoiding the public's call for him to produce his CSU certificate let everyone see it and calm down.

His continued silence is only making more and more people believe that he's actually using a Forged certificate to rule us.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Controversy About Whether Or Not Peter Obi Gave Monetary Gift To Rufai Oseni by crossfm: 10:33am On Aug 30, 2023
Hehehe.

Reno is really doing everything possible for the government of the day to notice him grin.

Please give this guy any appointment cheesy.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Controversy About Whether Or Not Peter Obi Gave Monetary Gift To Rufai Oseni by Honourable1901(m): 10:33am On Aug 30, 2023
Obi importer and exporter in tinubu's voice .

Obi is master at clearing his mess, a typical business Man, 😂😂😂

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Controversy About Whether Or Not Peter Obi Gave Monetary Gift To Rufai Oseni by UbanmeUdie: 10:34am On Aug 30, 2023
shocked

Will there ever be a day in Nigeria post election that Peter Obi won't be in the news?

Come to think of it, is it a criminal offense for Peter Obi to sponsor the burial of Rufai's late father if true?

Don't Peter Obi like every other Nigerian have a right to freedom of association?

What really is Reno's bile for towards P.O and Rufai Oseni?

Didn't we hear the other day on same Arise TV that Oshiomhole's father's burial was sponsored by the state government?

Too many poorly directed script being thrown out there as news by the he-goat Reno Omokri.

P.O is a movement and he is a man God is with and if God be for a man, no one can be against him.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Controversy About Whether Or Not Peter Obi Gave Monetary Gift To Rufai Oseni by benjaminlawson(m): 10:35am On Aug 30, 2023
Omokri, a jobless and hungry person is speaking and you people are counting or rely on what he said. No one should give him attention please, let just ignore him.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Controversy About Whether Or Not Peter Obi Gave Monetary Gift To Rufai Oseni by denzel231: 10:36am On Aug 30, 2023
Peter obi matter will kill y'all.. as una no see something take stain the man, una no rest... Fools everywhere. Even if he gave him money, na una money? Focus on your dying currency... 🤡 clowns

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Controversy About Whether Or Not Peter Obi Gave Monetary Gift To Rufai Oseni by denzel231: 10:37am On Aug 30, 2023
Nobody takes Reno seriously....he's just an animal on uniform... Looking for cheap attention.. go and meet atiku idiot

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Controversy About Whether Or Not Peter Obi Gave Monetary Gift To Rufai Oseni by aklid(m): 10:37am On Aug 30, 2023
Whether he gave him money or not what’s our own cup of tea? Ain’t that his money he’s giving?
Nigerians 🤦🏽‍♂️

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Controversy About Whether Or Not Peter Obi Gave Monetary Gift To Rufai Oseni by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:38am On Aug 30, 2023
Obidients (ipob wing wings),
Over to una terrorists and cannibals.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Controversy About Whether Or Not Peter Obi Gave Monetary Gift To Rufai Oseni by Edoreborn: 10:38am On Aug 30, 2023
This is becoming too much na

1 Like

Re: Controversy About Whether Or Not Peter Obi Gave Monetary Gift To Rufai Oseni by MrSinister(m): 10:39am On Aug 30, 2023
Reno should give it a rest make we hear word. He seems to be very desperate for an appointment. He is a petty and parochial.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Controversy About Whether Or Not Peter Obi Gave Monetary Gift To Rufai Oseni by Mrpojj(m): 10:41am On Aug 30, 2023
itsme01:
For doing what?

12 Likes

Re: Controversy About Whether Or Not Peter Obi Gave Monetary Gift To Rufai Oseni by Mrpojj(m): 10:43am On Aug 30, 2023
itsme01:

Obasanjo that was jailing Governors, chasing Atiku out of Aguda house Aso Rock, Oshiomole NLC was been dragged anyhow, Zaki, Biam, Modakeke

I remember the northern young Almajiri boy that stone Obasanjo's convoy, they stopped and picked him up

Governance need iron hand in Nigeria

Iron hand like buhari iron hand abi?

6 Likes

Re: Controversy About Whether Or Not Peter Obi Gave Monetary Gift To Rufai Oseni by aybabz101: 10:45am On Aug 30, 2023
Rufai Oseni is obviously a sentimental journalist with the Arise TV crew. I actually dont respect the guy coz I think feel like he is just a baby in an adult body. Very hypocritical.......the incidence with the LASTMA officials coming back to memory.....they know how to talk but always fail to practice that they are preaching....

To those thinking that Tinubu is liberal.........he is not ooo.......the fact is that nigeria politics has advanced....he cannot do anyhow ....if he does, he go see anyhow...... just take a look at the ENDSARS protest...

though it seems we are stagnant at the moment, i believe we are progressing.....our polity is improving and people are increasingly interested in who is leading us.....what remains is this local government autonomy to wrestle power away from these greedy governors.....

6 Likes

Re: Controversy About Whether Or Not Peter Obi Gave Monetary Gift To Rufai Oseni by AK481(m): 10:46am On Aug 30, 2023
Re: Controversy About Whether Or Not Peter Obi Gave Monetary Gift To Rufai Oseni by KingExalted: 10:47am On Aug 30, 2023
You're making a case with giving someone gift! Someone is parading fake certificate as a president, you're not disturbed about that. Here disturbing us about ordinary gift. I don't know when it has become a crime to give gift

12 Likes

Re: Controversy About Whether Or Not Peter Obi Gave Monetary Gift To Rufai Oseni by AK481(m): 10:47am On Aug 30, 2023
and this piece of thrash from reno is worthy of front page ?

8 Likes

Re: Controversy About Whether Or Not Peter Obi Gave Monetary Gift To Rufai Oseni by Ebeano49(m): 10:47am On Aug 30, 2023
It is like everyone must ride on this Obi bandwagon to cash out. This Obi carry some grace sha

10 Likes

Re: Controversy About Whether Or Not Peter Obi Gave Monetary Gift To Rufai Oseni by Fiscus105(m): 10:51am On Aug 30, 2023
The very first time Obi came to Arise TV after presidential election, this was his comment "thank you Arise TV, thank you Mr Rufai for now and for every other days, thank you Mr Abati and thank you sister Ayo"

Rufai smiled back and said I'm honored.

Still surprising people comparing Rufai with Okinbaloye, some even says Rufai is better.

How can an anchor man turned himself to spokeman of a certain man in an election and people still saying he is the best? He is not only spokenman but also attacking dog.

Anchor man that's supposed to be completely neutral?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Social Media Is Now A Menace, Must Be Regulated - Gbajabiamila / Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area / Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.