Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,318 members, 7,846,406 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

'I Don’t Have Support' — Barcelona Striker Slams Xavi's Tactics - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 'I Don’t Have Support' — Barcelona Striker Slams Xavi's Tactics (241 Views)

“I Don’t Have A Girlfriend" - Anthony Joshua Opens Up / Barcelona Striker And Wife Welcome Fourth Child / Barcelona Striker Asisat Oshoala Announces Wedding Plans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'I Don’t Have Support' — Barcelona Striker Slams Xavi's Tactics by tundetech4: 10:18am On Aug 30, 2023
Barcelona team as the current set up does not favour him

Barcelona forward Robert Lewandowski has criticised the system currently being employed by the Blaugrana under head coach Xavi Hernandez as he struggles to find scoring chances.

Lewandowski pines for attacking Barcelona
Lewandowski, under Xavi’s leadership, finished the 2022/23 season as LaLiga’s top scorer with goals as Barcelona claimed their first league title since the 2018/19 season, but the Polish striker has seemingly grown disillusioned with life upfront for the Blaugrana.

The 35-year-old forward has only scored once for Barcelona in three LaLiga starts this season, and told Mundo Deportivo that he believed the Blaugrana’s current tactics limit him, saying, “We are Barca and we are expected not only to win but to play good attacking football.

“Lately that has not been as it should be, so we have been fighting to create more chances in games… When we see Ferran come on or Ansu, two players who go forward, we create more chances. Sometimes we don’t play with enough attacking players, I don’t have support… so I look for the best solution for the team.”

Barcelona forward looking to improve Blaugrana team
Despite the setback, Lewandowski also noted that he has tried to find solutions, including dropping deeper to lose his markers and getting more involved in the build-up phase of the game.

Lewandowski said, “I think that with my experience, knowing my body, I look for the best solution not only for me but also for the team.

“I realise that sometimes if I’m between two centre-backs, it’s easier for the defenders. In many games, I don’t have many chances to score. In the last two games, I didn’t have many chances, I didn’t receive many balls, so sometimes I had to create my chances.”

The former Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund striker joined Barcelona in the 2022 summer transfer window and has scored 34 goals in 49 matches so far for the Blaugrana.

Source: Pulse Sports Nigeria

https://www.pulsesports.ng/football/story/i-dont-have-support-barcelona-striker-slams-xavis-tactics-2023082922581662991

Re: 'I Don’t Have Support' — Barcelona Striker Slams Xavi's Tactics by thesicilian: 11:02am On Aug 30, 2023
Ansu Fati, Pedri and Ferran may be very good, but nothing comes close to the support Xavi himself, Messi and Iniesta provided in those good old days of Barca world dominance.

(1) (Reply)

Madrid Players Arrested In Sex Video Scandal Involving A Minor / Sao Tome And Principe Reportedly Withdraw From 2024 Africa Women’s Cup Of Nation / 2023 BOWFT: Betsy Obaseki Says Increased Private Sector Sponsorship ‘ll Sustain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.