Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,817 members, 7,851,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:58 AM

Coups:Soldiers Will Never Leave Until Forced Out of Power - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coups:Soldiers Will Never Leave Until Forced Out of Power (603 Views)

Aba Soldiers Killing: Abaribe Forced Out Of SUV By Soldiers In Abia / Fani-Kayode: "I Will Never Leave PDP Till Thy Kingdom Come" - Throwback Video / Coalition To Oshiomhole: 'Resign Now Or Be Forced Out You PDP Mole' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coups:Soldiers Will Never Leave Until Forced Out of Power by swaggerjack: 10:36am On Aug 30, 2023
Coups: Pirates/ Soldiers Of Fortune Have Never Brought Good Governance to Africa. They bring sorrow, tear, blood and corruption even worse than civilian regimes with no checks and balances.
They are taking advantage of the disenchantment against corrupt civilian regimes across the African continent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS7wPqEpwUQ

1 Like

Re: Coups:Soldiers Will Never Leave Until Forced Out of Power by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 30, 2023
Is democracy for the people?If I ask you what Nigeria has benefited since 24 years of democracy you will say'freedom'Am I in prison before?
See the massive corruption and debt being incurred by the civilian dictators.Election rigging, corruption,bad governance and empty promises.

1 Like

Re: Coups:Soldiers Will Never Leave Until Forced Out of Power by thesicilian: 10:49am On Aug 30, 2023
Has democracy done any better?

2 Likes

Re: Coups:Soldiers Will Never Leave Until Forced Out of Power by NOwazobia: 10:59am On Aug 30, 2023
Millitary and Pirate failed.

Democracy has also failed so far.

But can't keep living like this. Can you?

So, what is your alternative?

1 Like

Re: Coups:Soldiers Will Never Leave Until Forced Out of Power by ivolt: 11:16am On Aug 30, 2023
Okay.
Re: Coups:Soldiers Will Never Leave Until Forced Out of Power by swaggerjack: 1:27pm On Aug 30, 2023
NOwazobia:

Traditional rulers failed, military leaders failed, civilian leaders failed, religious leaders failed...alternative I cannot say.

1 Like

Re: Coups:Soldiers Will Never Leave Until Forced Out of Power by Raskimonojendor: 2:25pm On Aug 30, 2023
NOwazobia:

Democracy hasn't failed in alot of African countries. Only the ones were the people are extremely greedy.
Re: Coups:Soldiers Will Never Leave Until Forced Out of Power by creativehubb: 2:36pm On Aug 30, 2023
All those talking freely, doing anyhow, do not know in military regime, they use decrees and not constitution, their tears will turn to blood during military regime grin
Re: Coups:Soldiers Will Never Leave Until Forced Out of Power by NOwazobia: 6:19pm On Aug 30, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Democracy hasn't failed in alot of African countries. Only the ones were the people are extremely greedy.
The questions still remains as it involves only the places it has failed.

1 Like

Re: Coups:Soldiers Will Never Leave Until Forced Out of Power by swaggerjack: 11:48pm On Aug 30, 2023
thesicilian:
Has democracy done any better?
cry
Re: Coups:Soldiers Will Never Leave Until Forced Out of Power by Guyman01: 11:52pm On Aug 30, 2023
Gaddafi, Thomas Sankara, Jerry Rawlings stands out
Re: Coups:Soldiers Will Never Leave Until Forced Out of Power by christistruth01: 11:53pm On Aug 30, 2023
Revolution2022:
Is democracy for the people?If I ask you what Nigeria has benefited since 24 years of democracy you will say'freedom'Am I in prison before?
See the massive corruption and debt being incurred by the civilian dictators.Election rigging, corruption,bad governance and empty promises.
.it is because of Democracy that you were able to get rid of Obasanjo Jonathan and Buhari without any fuss

Try that with a Military Dictator and you will be lucky if he doesn't start a War like the one in Sudan right now

Has Libya recovered from the attempt to remove Gaddafi or is it Syria you want to discuss
Re: Coups:Soldiers Will Never Leave Until Forced Out of Power by Nobody: 1:34am On Aug 31, 2023
christistruth01:

.it is because of Democracy that you were able to get rid of Obasanjo Jonathan and Buhari without any fuss

Try that with a Military Dictator and you will be lucky if he doesn't start a War like the one in Sudan right now

Has Libya recovered from the attempt to remove Gaddafi or is it Syria you want to discuss
Has Nigeria recover from corruption, nepotism, unemployment and economic depression?Is it not these set of people you mentioned that put Nigeria in this mess?Is Nigeria better than Libya currently?
Re: Coups:Soldiers Will Never Leave Until Forced Out of Power by swaggerjack: 2:01am On Aug 31, 2023
Guyman01:
Gaddafi, Thomas Sankara, Jerry Rawlings stands out
Remove Gaddafi from the list; He ran an extremely corrupt government. I had a classmate who went to the school with one of the generals in Gaddafi regime and he showed him a room full of dollars, similar to the one NNPC GMD Yakubu had were he stored his loot.

He ran a fantastically corrupt government in Libya. I agree with Thomas Sankara and Jerry Rawlings were the exceptions.
Re: Coups:Soldiers Will Never Leave Until Forced Out of Power by WorldRichest: 6:45am On Aug 31, 2023
Revolution2022:

The several decades of criminal illiterate soldiers rule nko? What is the gain?
Re: Coups:Soldiers Will Never Leave Until Forced Out of Power by mrvitalis(m): 7:32am On Aug 31, 2023
swaggerjack:
Coups: Pirates/ Soldiers Of Fortune Have Never Brought Good Governance to Africa. They bring sorrow, tear, blood and corruption even worse than civilian regimes with no checks and balances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS7wPqEpwUQ
Name the legacy projects in Nigeria let's see how many civilian did and how many military did

What is best for Africa is parliamentary democracy system... So that it's impossible to have an autocratic prime minister its absolutely impossible

The president ceremonial can rotate among the 6 geopolitical zones every 5 years

1 Like

Re: Coups:Soldiers Will Never Leave Until Forced Out of Power by swaggerjack: 11:26am On Aug 31, 2023
Revolution2022:

Only difference between civilian and regime is you cannot criticize the military regime and they have no respect for human rights. Both are equally corrupt and produce bad governance that has brought the land to its knees.

Re: Coups:Soldiers Will Never Leave Until Forced Out of Power by swaggerjack: 9:27pm On Aug 31, 2023
The soldiers from coups will never leave power. Sit tight corruption leaders have to be dragged from power.

Re: Coups:Soldiers Will Never Leave Until Forced Out of Power by swaggerjack: 1:16pm On Sep 01, 2023
ivolt:
Okay.

(1) (Reply)

‘I Will Shoot GDP To $1trn In 8 Years’ – New CBN Gov, Cardoso Vows / The City Of Onitsha, Anambra State Nigeria. / Tinubu: CSU Sent Me My Original Replacement Certificate( Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.