Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

What Do You Have To Say About Perewinkles? - See How It's Gotten - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Do You Have To Say About Perewinkles? - See How It's Gotten (701 Views)

Have You Gotten Your December Rice? - Grocery Gifts... / This Is What Sellers Had To Say About Hike In Prices Of Goods In The Food Market / If MILK Is Gotten From COW, Where Is CHEESE Gotten From? Weird Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Have To Say About Perewinkles? - See How It's Gotten by RevenuesBoost(f): 3:50pm On Aug 30, 2023
Do you know that perewinkles are gotten from muddy waters?
Watching these photos made me see how joyful most people could be at activities that people should call a very strainous one.
Putting one's hand in the mud and fetching out perewinkles is ahhhhhh!!!!!

My husband came to Cross River State and fell in love with perewinkles.
He said it's scarce in his locality,
Meanwhile, crossriverians use it in almost all delicacies prepared by them.

Meals like Ekpang, Afang, Edika Ikong (vegetable soup), iKon (melon soup), Etighi (Okra soup), etc. isn't complete without perewinkles

My cat can go crazy for perewinkles, as soon as it hears the sound that comes with bringing out the perewinkle from it's shell, in runs straight to the dinning table, leaving it's own plate of food.😂

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Perewinkles? - See How It's Gotten by ahnie: 3:51pm On Aug 30, 2023
Sweeeet I love them in banga soup

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Perewinkles? - See How It's Gotten by RevenuesBoost(f): 3:53pm On Aug 30, 2023
ahnie:

Ahhh! I left out this mouth watery soup

Abak soup (Banga soup)... Yummy!😋
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Perewinkles? - See How It's Gotten by Harmony92(f): 4:03pm On Aug 30, 2023
Anytime I travel to warri I always buy periwinkles cheesy, I honestly don't understand the kind of rubbish that they sell in Benin city as periwinkles lipsrsealed so salty.
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Perewinkles? - See How It's Gotten by RevenuesBoost(f): 4:27pm On Aug 30, 2023
Harmony92:
Anytime I travel to warri I always buy periwinkles cheesy, I honestly don't understand the kind of rubbish that they sell in Benin city as periwinkles lipsrsealed so salty.

Chai!
I just found out from you that there's a region in Nigeria that sells salty perewinkles.

Perewinkles isn't salty at all
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Perewinkles? - See How It's Gotten by RevenuesBoost(f): 4:30pm On Aug 30, 2023
In my village traditional marriage ceremony, perewinkles and canda (cow skin) are cooked and served together, spiced with scent leaf.

Gosh! A plate of this meal will make you see life differently

1 Like

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Perewinkles? - See How It's Gotten by lordm(m): 8:10pm On Aug 30, 2023
That's the only way

1 Like

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Perewinkles? - See How It's Gotten by RevenuesBoost(f): 8:20am On Aug 31, 2023
lordm:
That's the only way

Yeah
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Perewinkles? - See How It's Gotten by illicit(m): 5:37pm On Sep 01, 2023
ahnie:

BANGa

Hmmmm
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Perewinkles? - See How It's Gotten by Evestar200(f): 6:02pm On Sep 01, 2023
Sweet in Ogbono and Owho Soup

1 Like

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Perewinkles? - See How It's Gotten by RevenuesBoost(f): 7:16pm On Sep 01, 2023
Evestar200:
Sweet in Ogbono and Owho Soup

Yes o
Goes well in all soups

My hostel mate put it in jollof rice.
Funny but delicious 😂
Re: What Do You Have To Say About Perewinkles? - See How It's Gotten by poshestmina(f): 12:39am On Sep 02, 2023
Fisherman soup and "piompiom throway" kiss kiss.

First time seeing the process though.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Have To Say About Perewinkles? - See How It's Gotten by RevenuesBoost(f): 7:23am On Sep 03, 2023
poshestmina:
Fisherman soup and "piompiom throway" kiss kiss.

First time seeing the process though.

Cool

(1) (Reply)

If You Need A Professional Website Call 08076226978 / Tea My Favourite / Distributor Or Retailers Wanted!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.