Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

The Rare Super Blue Moon Will Rise On August 30, Here's How You Can Watch It - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Rare Super Blue Moon Will Rise On August 30, Here's How You Can Watch It (401 Views)

USA: Blood Moon Lunar Eclipse To Rise On Election Day ( Pics) / This Extremely Rare Bird Is Half Male, Half Female (Pictures) / Live Updates: Super Blue Blood Moon In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Rare Super Blue Moon Will Rise On August 30, Here's How You Can Watch It by Charlesnwali: 3:55pm On Aug 30, 2023
If you have been fascinated with the phrase, “once in a blue moon,” you should get ready to witness the actual super blue moon, where the popular phrase came from. Astronomers revealed that the blue moon of 2023 will surface in August 30, and will not be visible again until 2037. Why is this super blue moon occurring tomorrow? How can you watch it live for free? Continue reading to find out.

Why The Rare Super Blue Moon Will Rise On August 30
Astronomers recently revealed that one biggest and brightest moons of 2023 will rise on Wednesday (August 30). Scientists referred to this moon as a Super Blue Moon. This term is used to represent either the third full moon in a season with four full moons or the second of the two full moons that occurs within a calendar month. Unlike the full moon that previously occurred on August 1, this upcoming blue moon will appear as a supermoon.

Astronomers refer to the term supermoon as a period when the nearest largest celestial body tidally locked to Earth moves closer to our planet, making it appear more larger in Earth’s sky. The moon takes about 29.5 days to complete its cycle. Astronomers have discovered that earthlings experience 12.4 full moons every 365 days that make up a year. This implies that there are 13 full moons in 12 months for every 2.8 years on average.

However, this is not the act average as the last time a blue moon occurred was on August 22, 2021. The next one will likely take place on August 19, 2024. However, ever is a huge difference between full moons and Super Blue Moon.

The Blue Moon is mostly referred to as a supermoon because of its distance from Earth. Since the moon follows an elliptical orbit or oval shape, it tends to move closer to Earth in some cases and also distances itself from our home planet during some periods.

How To Watch the Super Blue Moon of 2023
Scientists revealed that the Super Blue Moon will rise after sunset on Wednesday and will be visible from New York City. However, if you are watching from a cloudy location or light pollution, you can join The Virtual Telescope Project livestream hosted by astronomer Gianluca Masi of Rome, Italy to watch the moon. The free livestream will commence at 11:30 p.m. on Aug. 30 (0330 GMT on Aug. 31). You can watch it at Virtual Telescope Project’s website or their YouTube Channel. Learn more
https://www.futurespaceworld.com/the-rare-super-blue-moon-will-rise-on-august-30/

Re: The Rare Super Blue Moon Will Rise On August 30, Here's How You Can Watch It by wrongman665(m): 4:00pm On Aug 30, 2023
If i see the blue moon e go give me money?
bcuz na money be my problem now.
Re: The Rare Super Blue Moon Will Rise On August 30, Here's How You Can Watch It by Prechgold1180(m): 4:25pm On Aug 30, 2023
Nothing concern me concern moon
Re: The Rare Super Blue Moon Will Rise On August 30, Here's How You Can Watch It by kestolove95(m): 4:41pm On Aug 30, 2023
Blue 🔵 is coming but in Africa...
Re: The Rare Super Blue Moon Will Rise On August 30, Here's How You Can Watch It by Lateefodutola(m): 4:57pm On Aug 30, 2023
Perhaps if i make a wish,it may come true!

(1) (Reply)

Problem With Memory Card / Tests Prove Li-fi 100 Times Faster Than Wi-fi / Olight I3E EOS 120 Lumens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.