Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,389 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Court Restrains EFCC, ICPC, Others From Investigating Kano Anti-Graft Boss - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Restrains EFCC, ICPC, Others From Investigating Kano Anti-Graft Boss (6101 Views)

10th Assembly: Court Restrains EFCC, ICPC, DSS From Arresting/Detaining Yari / Dino Melaye Submits Petition Against Yahaya Bello To EFCC, ICPC, Others (Pix) / Court To El-Rufai: You Can’t Stop EFCC From Investigating You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Restrains EFCC, ICPC, Others From Investigating Kano Anti-Graft Boss by Racoon(m): 7:38am On Aug 31, 2023
PREVIOUS THREAD:
https://www.nairaland.com/7819278/ganduje-dollar-video-probe-kano
A Kano high court has issued an interim order restraining the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) and others anti-graft agencies from interrogating the former Chairman Kano Public Complaints and Anti-corruption Commission, Barrister Muhuyi Magaji Rimin-Gado.

Rimin-Gado secured the court injunction to restrict further meddling into the affairs of the state anti-graft agency barring a last minute he ought to have appeared before the Federal anti-graft agencies. The EFCC and the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) had formally invited Rimin-Gado and a director of account in the state agency for interrogation.

In a letter signed by Deputy Director, Cybercrime and Other Related Offences, Muhtar S. Bello, the EFCC invited the Kano boss to produce details of its spending between 2019 and 2021.

A similar letter by the Director Intelligence, Investigation and Monitoring, Code of Conduct Bureau, Gwimi S.P, directed the Kano Anti-graft Boss to produce a record of all contractual projects and that of forfeiture carried out by the agency.

According to the letter of investigation signed and extended to Rimin-Gado and the account director, the duo were supposed to appear before EFCC and CCB Abuja office today 29th August, 2023.

However, in an order granted by Justice Farouk Lawan Adamu, Monday evening, the court restrained the EFCC, ICPC and CCB, β€œeither by themselves, agents, staff, privies from inviting, threatening, coaxing, cajoling, arresting, or in any way or manner interfering, meddling, or interloping in the affairs of any staff or person” in the Kano Anti-graft agency, pending the hearing and determination of the originating motion.

The plaintiffs in the suit, the Attorney General of Kano State, Kano State Public Complaints and Anti-Corruption Commission, and Barrister Muhuyi Magaji Rimingado, are challenging the powers of the respondents from interfering in the business and operations of the state agency.The court then adjourned the matter to 25th September, 2023, for hearing.
https://guardian.ng/news/court-restrains-efcc-icpc-others-from-investigating-kano-anti-graft-boss/?utm_term=Autofeed&echobox=twitter_post&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1693313682

Re: Court Restrains EFCC, ICPC, Others From Investigating Kano Anti-Graft Boss by TemplarLandry: 7:38am On Aug 31, 2023
shocked
Re: Court Restrains EFCC, ICPC, Others From Investigating Kano Anti-Graft Boss by Racoon(m): 7:40am On Aug 31, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwryu_Nv0oE?si=FDEIevn4QO8MvXs_

Gandollar can't be probed by the arrays of anti-graft/ corruption agencies under this corruptly useless government but the Kano Anti-graft office Boss that Gandollar established to fight corruption and of which Tinubu praised Gandollar for fighting corruption can be probe for corruption? Turning blind eyes to brazen in-house indicted criminals because of parochial politics? Wonders shall never end.

16 Likes

Re: Court Restrains EFCC, ICPC, Others From Investigating Kano Anti-Graft Boss by Alchemy528: 7:42am On Aug 31, 2023
Today, the news has become a source of distress, causing me to experience headaches.

Contact me for your academic assignment thesis,power point presentation, proposal, article, available for any field of writing using Turnitin provide quality works just WhatsApp me below

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Restrains EFCC, ICPC, Others From Investigating Kano Anti-Graft Boss by Racoon(m): 7:43am On Aug 31, 2023
Gandollar - 1 : Kano Anti-Graft/Corruption Agency -2.
Ganduje thinks he is smart. He will surely go to jail.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Restrains EFCC, ICPC, Others From Investigating Kano Anti-Graft Boss by helinues: 7:43am On Aug 31, 2023
shocked
Re: Court Restrains EFCC, ICPC, Others From Investigating Kano Anti-Graft Boss by Racoon(m): 7:45am On Aug 31, 2023
helinues:
grin
Nah your dollar thief and crooked APC chairman corruption you dey laugh so shamelessly like this so.

helinues:
shocked A day without wailing is an incomplete day.I greet you Racoon
The number of times you have mentioned the word "wailer" or "wailing" simply showed how you have been wailing. I never mentioned those words to you before because I don't care about your wailing.

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Court Restrains EFCC, ICPC, Others From Investigating Kano Anti-Graft Boss by Akaegwu(m): 7:45am On Aug 31, 2023
Let EFCC ARREST GANDUJE FIRST IF THEY ARE SERIOUS
Re: Court Restrains EFCC, ICPC, Others From Investigating Kano Anti-Graft Boss by obojememe: 7:48am On Aug 31, 2023
Racoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwryu_Nv0oE?si=FDEIevn4QO8MvXs_

Gandollar can't be probed by the arrays of anti-graft/ corruption agencies under this corruptly useless government but the Kano Anti-graft office Boss that Gandollar established to fight corruption and of which Tinubu praised Gandollar for fighting corruption can be probe for corruption? Turning blind eyes to brazen in-house indicted criminals because of parochial politics? Wonders shall never end.
wonders shall never end truly, the present generation of leaders are fantastically corrupt, all of them, the court that should b d bedrock of democracy is totally handicapped , trust me d judicial system in nigeria is nonexistent.

i can’t even write d letter β€˜n’ in nigeria in capital letters cos this place is a location not a country

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Restrains EFCC, ICPC, Others From Investigating Kano Anti-Graft Boss by ThiefnubuBandit(f): 7:50am On Aug 31, 2023
Useless country. Wetin happen for Osogbo go soon happen for Iragbiji. If you know, you know.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Restrains EFCC, ICPC, Others From Investigating Kano Anti-Graft Boss by helinues: 7:50am On Aug 31, 2023
Racoon:
Nah your dollar thief and crooked APC chairman corruption you dey laugh so shamelessly like this so.

shocked

A day without wailing is an incomplete day.

I greet you Racoon
Re: Court Restrains EFCC, ICPC, Others From Investigating Kano Anti-Graft Boss by Houseofglam7(f): 7:50am On Aug 31, 2023
🫀
Re: Court Restrains EFCC, ICPC, Others From Investigating Kano Anti-Graft Boss by money121(m): 7:50am On Aug 31, 2023
Ok
Re: Court Restrains EFCC, ICPC, Others From Investigating Kano Anti-Graft Boss by Righthussle: 7:51am On Aug 31, 2023
I no dey understand Nigerian courts oo.

2 Likes

Re: Court Restrains EFCC, ICPC, Others From Investigating Kano Anti-Graft Boss by Klington: 7:51am On Aug 31, 2023
shocked
Re: Court Restrains EFCC, ICPC, Others From Investigating Kano Anti-Graft Boss by melonsgroup: 7:52am On Aug 31, 2023
Tolumbu

5 Likes

Re: Court Restrains EFCC, ICPC, Others From Investigating Kano Anti-Graft Boss by Adesina18111(m): 7:52am On Aug 31, 2023
Aaah
Re: Court Restrains EFCC, ICPC, Others From Investigating Kano Anti-Graft Boss by ATEAMS: 7:52am On Aug 31, 2023
Indeed
Re: Court Restrains EFCC, ICPC, Others From Investigating Kano Anti-Graft Boss by immortalmortal: 7:52am On Aug 31, 2023
Only in Nigeria. Only in this kind of country will someone steal money and the court that is supposed to prosecute the person is protecting the person by stopping the relevant authorities from doing their work

10 Likes

Re: Court Restrains EFCC, ICPC, Others From Investigating Kano Anti-Graft Boss by jeff1993: 7:52am On Aug 31, 2023
I fear for our judiciary!!!!

1 Like

Re: Court Restrains EFCC, ICPC, Others From Investigating Kano Anti-Graft Boss by Sektor101(m): 7:52am On Aug 31, 2023
Good

Re: Court Restrains EFCC, ICPC, Others From Investigating Kano Anti-Graft Boss by clinician2x: 7:53am On Aug 31, 2023
This country is ripe for a coup.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Restrains EFCC, ICPC, Others From Investigating Kano Anti-Graft Boss by mignone(f): 7:54am On Aug 31, 2023
The judiciary again? Despite d video with d man stuffing his babariga pockets

So where does d honest/common man run to, to seek justice?
With this& many more, I wonder what model d consciences of certain ppl are, to still be able to defend d government of this day. Any sincere fellow by now, either with initial religious/ethnic bias should have distanced him/herself from anything dt stands to defend d obvious evil being perpetrated.
This is just too much!
Re: Court Restrains EFCC, ICPC, Others From Investigating Kano Anti-Graft Boss by Ttipsy(f): 7:54am On Aug 31, 2023
This geographical location is such a disgrace to humanity

Fvck

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Restrains EFCC, ICPC, Others From Investigating Kano Anti-Graft Boss by Emeks008(m): 7:55am On Aug 31, 2023
The Nigerian politicians has bastardized the Judiciary. Any little arrest, they will head straight to court to get restraining order.

That's how Ganduje too runs to court last week to get restraining order against any arrest on him or investigating him of any wrong doing during his tenure as gov of Kano state.

We are not ready to fight corruption in this country

I don't know where this restraining order comes from and enters our law. In the past, there's nothing like restraining order against any suspect.

I think its high time to remove this very "RESTRAINING ORDER" from our LAW, if not, we are still playing in this Country.

6 Likes

Re: Court Restrains EFCC, ICPC, Others From Investigating Kano Anti-Graft Boss by Calabar1stSon: 7:55am On Aug 31, 2023
Court obstructing justice.
Re: Court Restrains EFCC, ICPC, Others From Investigating Kano Anti-Graft Boss by Akfrenzy(m): 7:55am On Aug 31, 2023
Corruption is fighting back 😜
Re: Court Restrains EFCC, ICPC, Others From Investigating Kano Anti-Graft Boss by SmartPolician: 8:00am On Aug 31, 2023
The judiciary is doing more harm than good to this country

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are You Doing With Your Youth? / A Building Collapsed At Gwarimpa In Abuja - 1 Dead / I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.