Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,942 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Philosophical Discussion: A Metaphysical Arena - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Philosophical Discussion: A Metaphysical Arena (976 Views)

Elon Musk Starlink In Nigeria Discussion / Science Is Already Close To The Boundary Of The Metaphysical #spookyscience / IT Training Courses With Free Lunch Daily And Free Discussion Groups (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Philosophical Discussion: A Metaphysical Arena by crystalmoon(m): 8:17am On Aug 31, 2023
I have noticed that we don't have a thread discussing philosophy
So I decided to create one
We will be discussing the works of fredich neitzsche,Albert Camus,Immanuel Kant
@CaveAdullam
@Panophist
@LordAdam16

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Philosophical Discussion: A Metaphysical Arena by crystalmoon(m): 9:07am On Aug 31, 2023
"Thus Spoke Zarathustra" is one of Nietzsche's most famous and influential works. It is written in the form of a novel, with a fictionalized version of the ancient Persian prophet Zarathustra as the main character. The book follows Zarathustra as he travels and preaches his philosophy to the people he encounters. The book is best known for introducing the concept of the Übermensch, or "superhuman." This concept has been interpreted in many different ways, but it generally refers to a person who has transcended conventional morality and achieved a higher state of being.
Re: Philosophical Discussion: A Metaphysical Arena by crystalmoon(m): 9:07am On Aug 31, 2023
A central theme of "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" is the death of God. This is not meant to be taken literally, but rather refers to the decline of traditional religion and the rise of nihilism in the modern world. Nietzsche believed that this development would lead to a crisis of meaning and purpose, and he saw the Übermensch as a solution to this problem. Other key concepts explored in the book include the will to power, eternal recurrence, and the Apollonian and Dionysian.
Re: Philosophical Discussion: A Metaphysical Arena by crystalmoon(m): 9:08am On Aug 31, 2023
One of the most striking features of "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" is its highly poetic language and imagery. Nietzsche used metaphor and symbolism to communicate his ideas in a powerful and memorable way. The book is also notable for its use of humor, which is often employed to make serious points about human nature and society. "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" is a complex and challenging work, but it is also one of Nietzsche's most rewarding and thought-provoking. It is well worth the effort to read and understand it.
Re: Philosophical Discussion: A Metaphysical Arena by crystalmoon(m): 9:09am On Aug 31, 2023
A related concept that is explored in "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" is the eternal recurrence. This is the idea that time is cyclical, and all events will happen over and over again, infinitely. Nietzsche saw this as a liberating idea, because it meant that every moment of life was infinitely valuable. He believed that the acceptance of eternal recurrence was necessary for the creation of the Übermensch. Another theme that is central to the book is the relationship between the individual and society. Nietzsche believed that society could stifle the individual and prevent them from reaching their full potential.
Re: Philosophical Discussion: A Metaphysical Arena by crystalmoon(m): 1:32pm On Aug 31, 2023
@panophist
@caveadullam
Re: Philosophical Discussion: A Metaphysical Arena by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 01, 2023
crystalmoon:
I have noticed that we don't have a thread discussing philosophy
So I decided to create one
We will be discussing the works of fredich neitzsche,Albert Camus,Immanuel Kant
@CaveAdullam
@Panophist
@LordAdam16

Very Good.
Re: Philosophical Discussion: A Metaphysical Arena by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 01, 2023
Popular questions in Philosophy

1. Is there a meaning to life?
If so, what is it?

2. Is the meaning of life the same for animals and
humans?

1 Like

Re: Philosophical Discussion: A Metaphysical Arena by crystalmoon(m): 2:18pm On Sep 02, 2023
TheMaterialist:
Popular questions in Philosophy

1. Is there a meaning to life?
If so, what is it?

2. Is the meaning of life the same for animals and
humans?
that a very deep question everyone should contemplate on before going to bed each night
Re: Philosophical Discussion: A Metaphysical Arena by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 03, 2023
crystalmoon:
that a very deep question everyone should contemplate on before going to bed each night

I agree,
there are a lot of interesting questions in
Philosophy.
Re: Philosophical Discussion: A Metaphysical Arena by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 03, 2023
Question of The Day

If it was discovered that personality traits were partly genetic and could be removed with gene
therapy,
would it be ethical to edit out negative character traits that harm others like extreme
aggression, compulsive lying, or cruelty without
their permission?
Re: Philosophical Discussion: A Metaphysical Arena by crystalmoon(m): 2:25am On Sep 09, 2023
TheMaterialist:
Question of The Day

If it was discovered that personality traits were partly genetic and could be removed with gene
therapy,
would it be ethical to edit out negative character traits that harm others like extreme
aggression, compulsive lying, or cruelty without
their permission?
whenever you feel individualistic think In terms of the greater good
Most humans don't know the extent of the evil in them
Will it be considered evil if man is saved from himself
Basically it is an art of saving people from themselves
Re: Philosophical Discussion: A Metaphysical Arena by crystalmoon(m): 2:26am On Sep 09, 2023
@Kobojunkie
Re: Philosophical Discussion: A Metaphysical Arena by Kobojunkie: 2:28am On Sep 09, 2023
crystalmoon:
@Kobojunkie
undecided
Re: Philosophical Discussion: A Metaphysical Arena by crystalmoon(m): 2:31am On Sep 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
undecided
just did what you told me to
Re: Philosophical Discussion: A Metaphysical Arena by Kobojunkie: 2:32am On Sep 09, 2023
crystalmoon:
just did what you told me to
Ok. What is your particular question? undecided
Re: Philosophical Discussion: A Metaphysical Arena by crystalmoon(m): 2:35am On Sep 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Ok. What is your particular question? undecided
actually I have lot of questions for you
.. where do I start
I want it to be offline
Am intrigued by your type of person
Re: Philosophical Discussion: A Metaphysical Arena by Kobojunkie: 2:36am On Sep 09, 2023
crystalmoon:
actually I have lot of questions for you
.. where do I start
I want it to be offline
Am intrigued by your type of person
There is nothing to be intrigued about though. I am just a happily jobless person about to maybe sit down to a couple cans of beer as I binge on some of my shows---- something most folks do on the weekend. undecided
Re: Philosophical Discussion: A Metaphysical Arena by crystalmoon(m): 2:41am On Sep 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
There is nothing to be intrigued about though. I am just a happily jobless person about to maybe sit down to a couple cans of beer as I binge on some of my shows---- something most folks do on the weekend. undecided
sounds like fun
Who are your main influence like those whose ideologies you subscribe to
Re: Philosophical Discussion: A Metaphysical Arena by crystalmoon(m): 2:42am On Sep 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
are you a man
Re: Philosophical Discussion: A Metaphysical Arena by Kobojunkie: 2:43am On Sep 09, 2023
crystalmoon:
sounds like fun
Who are your main influence like those whose ideologies you subscribe to
I am only a follower of Jesus Christ. I live my life in submission and obedience of His teachings and Commandments, the Constitutional Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Philosophical Discussion: A Metaphysical Arena by Kobojunkie: 2:45am On Sep 09, 2023
crystalmoon:
are you a man
Wait.. why does my gender matter? shocked

I prefer to remain gender fluid. undecided
Re: Philosophical Discussion: A Metaphysical Arena by crystalmoon(m): 2:48am On Sep 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am only a follower of Jesus Christ. I live my life in submission and obedience of His teachings and Commandments, the Constitutional Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided
but you being giving the religious folk hell
Maybe you understand God and Christianity than they do
Re: Philosophical Discussion: A Metaphysical Arena by crystalmoon(m): 2:50am On Sep 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Wait.. why does my gender matter? shocked

I prefer to remain gender fluid. undecided
it matters a lot
It actually dictates the tone of the conversation
Whether I will be blunt and straightforward
Or I will be concerned about hurting some one feelings
Re: Philosophical Discussion: A Metaphysical Arena by Kobojunkie: 2:52am On Sep 09, 2023
crystalmoon:
but you being giving the religious folk hell
Maybe you understand God and Christianity than they do
What religion says is different from what is written in Scripture. That is what I point out to them. undecided
Re: Philosophical Discussion: A Metaphysical Arena by Kobojunkie: 2:55am On Sep 09, 2023
crystalmoon:
it matters a lot it actually dictates the tone of the conversation Whether I will be blunt and straightforward Or I will be concerned about hurting some one feelings
All that means to me is you aren't serious at all. undecided
Re: Philosophical Discussion: A Metaphysical Arena by crystalmoon(m): 2:56am On Sep 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
it is well
Blunt and honest
Re: Philosophical Discussion: A Metaphysical Arena by crystalmoon(m): 2:57am On Sep 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What religion says is different from what is written in Scripture. That is what I point out to them. undecided
💯💯💯💯💯
Re: Philosophical Discussion: A Metaphysical Arena by crystalmoon(m): 2:57am On Sep 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
can't we speak offline
Re: Philosophical Discussion: A Metaphysical Arena by Kobojunkie: 2:58am On Sep 09, 2023
crystalmoon:
can't we speak offline
I don't do social media. So chat is strictly nairaland for me. undecided
Re: Philosophical Discussion: A Metaphysical Arena by crystalmoon(m): 3:01am On Sep 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I don't do social media. So chat is strictly nairaland for me. undecided
alright
Re: Philosophical Discussion: A Metaphysical Arena by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 09, 2023
crystalmoon:
whenever you feel individualistic think In terms of the greater good
Most humans don't know the extent of the evil in them
Will it be considered evil if man is saved from himself
Basically it is an art of saving people from themselves

I get your points, although there are some people
that wouldn't want to be saved.

They would probably see it as in infringement
on their freewill.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ebook Developer Needed / a / Will Technology Ever Reach A Climax?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.