Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 (24004 Views)

UAE Stops International Airlines From Boarding Nigerian Passengers To Dubai / FG Bars Air France, Lufthansa, KLM, Others / UK: Changes To Visa, Immigration Rules Effective October 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by shonepa(m): 11:18pm On Aug 31, 2023
International airport get 2 terminals, the second one was commissioned by Buhari.

Local planes go still land normal for local airport, cos dem no far from the International Airport

GboyegaD:
For those who are conversant with the airport, where is terminal 2?

Is the terminal 2 going to serve both the local and international flights?

1 Like

Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by Beenibroz(m): 11:30pm On Aug 31, 2023
pquaver:

Nice one the place is an eyesore but abeg where i go land for that October sef when i de comeback?

You travelled out but still cannot read and understand simple English. Is that not a cause.

3 Likes

Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by lakeside30: 11:41pm On Aug 31, 2023
GboyegaD:

This is mm1 terminal,this is mm2 terminal not upto 20 meters apart
Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by Tealcrestmedia(m): 12:03am On Sep 01, 2023
GboyegaD:

Local is domestic wing, international planes don't use there.

The move is actually a good one. The new terminal is very fine but mostly empty since just a few airlines are using it. The new terminal is big enough to handle the influx too and it will give Nigeria a good reputation in the international aviation space.

3 Likes

Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by brain54(m): 12:53am On Sep 01, 2023
ednut1:
Good idea. Once you land that airport ehn. Heat and horrible smell welcomes you
Is this not Africa oga…

Is the heat anyone’s fault? Ok… maybe god’s.

Not compulsory to comment on every thread if you have nothing to say!

1 Like

Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by ednut1(m): 1:04am On Sep 01, 2023
brain54:

Is this not Africa oga…

Is the heat anyone’s fault? Ok… maybe god’s.

Not compulsory to comment on every thread if you have nothing to say!
who are you to tell me when to comment or not. Did you buy phone for me.Your low IQ is very evident. There is something called air conditioner . Its in the airport but doesn’t work. Rest

Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by Uchek(m): 1:21am On Sep 01, 2023
Nigerians love “ With Immediate effect “ public officers. No wonder we are a dead country.

nedekid:
Kai, he may have good intentions, but you do not just enter a field you know nothing about and in just few days as minister, start making rash decisions. It is a recipe for desaster.
Probably he should have understudied the ministry for few months. Aviation is a technical field and not just a common sense or agbari one.

1 Like

Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by jojomario(m): 1:25am On Sep 01, 2023
GboyegaD:

Terminal 2 is that new building after the car park.
Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by pquaver(m): 1:49am On Sep 01, 2023
Beenibroz:

You travelled out but still cannot read and understand simple English. Is that not a cause.

Professor English.. It is curse not cause.. You dont even know the difference.. Well for ur mind you sabi read and understand simple English pass me...
I didn't read the full message and it is my right if i want to or not.. How is it any of your business?
Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by brain54(m): 2:03am On Sep 01, 2023
ednut1:
who are you to tell me when to comment or not. Did you buy phone for me.Your low IQ is very evident. There is something called air conditioner . Its in the airport but doesn’t work. Rest
You land at an airport runway/tarmac…

Not at airport arrivals/terminal.

The thought your initial comment I quoted seemed to suggest was heat from that point of landing at the airport runway not airport arrival or terminal as you later rightly corrected!

1 Like

Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by Jogs1900: 2:52am On Sep 01, 2023
GboyegaD:

Terminal 2 is just before the terminal one by the right hand side..i think it was the Chinese that financed it..The local wing of the airport is entirely different with different entrance.
Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by Jostoman: 2:53am On Sep 01, 2023
Ballmer:
Do you live on NL abi you no get job

grin grin
Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by Farki: 4:07am On Sep 01, 2023
Burob:
Shameless old Wailer.

Every single policy and prediction you supported about that last government has been a failure yet you keep calling anyone with common sense wailers. Are you not tired?
Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by otipoju(m): 4:36am On Sep 01, 2023
Omoawoke2:
Long over due

One thing that GEJ was able to resolve was the era of plane crash in Nigeria

Omoh that period was scary, to travel by flight became a very fearful thing

That nonsense Fani Kayode was the aviation minister then under Obasanjo.

All that was needed was a weather monitoring equipment that would guide planes in the air from the ground.

The mofo stole 400 million naira and started blaming witches and wizards for plane crashes.

Once the the equipment was bought and installed, plane crashes ceased.
Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by sonus(m): 5:04am On Sep 01, 2023
Make OP edit him headline and not give us heart attack. MMA is different from MMIA Terminal 1
Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by imma2(m): 5:14am On Sep 01, 2023
It is obvious this minister has no idea what he is doing. I can confidently tell you that the new terminal can not accommodate all foreign airlines at a go. If they try it, you will be lucky to even be delayed 1hr departing the airport especially flights that depart in the evening.

The new terminal parking bay can only park a Boeing 777 so how does other airlines with similar aircraft park at the same time.

Presently, i can confidently say the baggage belts at the new terminal is extremely faulty. It's even that bad that no one is working presently and the Chinese are trying to fix it still. So is that the terminal that would carry all foreign airlines?

Let me just wait and watch this movie play out cause people don't know what they've signed up for.
Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by COMPAQ(m): 6:28am On Sep 01, 2023
imma2:
It is obvious this minister has no idea what he is doing. I can confidently tell you that the new terminal can not accommodate all foreign airlines at a go. If they try it, you will be lucky to even be delayed 1hr departing the airport especially flights that depart in the evening.

The new terminal parking bay can only park a Boeing 777 so how does other airlines with similar aircraft park at the same time.

Presently, i can confidently say the baggage belts at the new terminal is extremely faulty. It's even that bad that no one is working presently and the Chinese are trying to fix it still. So is that the terminal that would carry all foreign airlines?

Let me just wait and watch this movie play out cause people don't know what they've signed up for.

I suspect they will close all the check in counters of the old MMIA, so all check in will be at the new terminal, but most likely some of the boarding will still occur at the old E and D aprons. Alternatively, they may bus people to the planes to board if the planes can't come to the aprons of the new terminal. A third alternative is the get airlines to change their xhedules a bit to have less pressure. Departures and arrivals are always bunched up at the same time at night and morning respectively.
Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by georgeakins: 6:29am On Sep 01, 2023
Omoawoke2:
Long over due

Resolve wetin?
It was during during Jonathan govt DANA airline killed over 200 people.
Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by GeneralDae: 6:32am On Sep 01, 2023
happney65:

No,it is just for them to move to MMI2 which is the new terminal
Can Terminal 2 accommodate all airlines?
Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by GeneralDae: 6:36am On Sep 01, 2023
Omoawoke2:
Long over due

Was it GEJ or Buhari that resolved it through Hadi Sirika?
Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by drololaaof: 6:46am On Sep 01, 2023
Presstar:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/fg-to-shut-down-murtala-muhammed-airport-from-october-1/amp
But your headline is wrong it should have been MMIA Terminal 1 . The report is as if the whole of airport
Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by Menclothing: 6:57am On Sep 01, 2023
Our airport needs facelift
Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by Yankee101: 6:59am On Sep 01, 2023
A more modern terminal is sitting unused

That’s not acceptable

The old airport is so crowded
Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by Adekdammy: 7:04am On Sep 01, 2023
The new terminal is not big enough to accommodate all international airlines.

1 Like

Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by DrTee1(m): 7:22am On Sep 01, 2023
otipoju:

That nonsense Fani Kayode was the aviation minister then under Obasanjo.

All that was needed was a weather monitoring equipment that would guide planes in the air from the ground.

The mofo stole 400 million naira and started blaming witches and wizards for plane crashes.

Once the the equipment was bought and installed, plane crashes ceased.

Hello.

I like your username. It is something we used for really special people back in the day. I guess the new name for such people is IDAN.

However, this IDAN may not be very correct. There were no air crashes in the period FFK was Aviation Minister. There were none.

There were five crashes in one year before he became Minister, and the Dana Crash of 2012 was the first one that happened 5 years AFTER he left office.

Femi Fani-Kayode FFK may be brash, but there is no point calling him a bad name in order to hang him. His temperament may be a little uncommon, but if he wouldn't be rightly credited for working hard to stop the spate of air crashes before he was named Minister, he shouldn't be misrepresented because he was spiritual in office as much as he may have been meticulous at his desk.

I do not know FFK at all and I have never met him. However, I checked the relevant sources to fact-check your claim and here is what I found to assert what I have written:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/why-air-crash-reports-are-never-released-by-fani-kayode-ex-aviation-minister/amp/

If the crashes stopped because better meteorological equipment were procured, then FFK possibly ensured that. And by the way, witches and wizards work using a combination of human errors and lapses anyway. No witch has ever stopped the sun from rising or setting.

We only have to get the angle that the then-Minister may have been looking at it. If people didn't install the right equipment despite being in office to ensure same, then that could well be witchcraft at work, to ensure planes continually crash!

Finally, as of today, there are few - if any - SAINTS in governance. Benue State has their SECOND democratic REVEREND CATHOLIC PRIEST as Governor. Such are is possibly the closest to Sainthood, but then, what are our experiences from the first - or Rev. Fr Jean Bertrand Aristide who became President of Hiati?

There is no way to 'survive' in Governance today IF you are squeaky clean. If you doubt, ask Prof Adenike Grange as Minister for Health under Yar'Adua.

Mama, as she was fondly called while in the cabinet of former President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua as minister of health, was someone whose roles could not be ignored. A professor of Medicine, she became the first female to be appointed in that capacity in the ministry. As a minister, she was particularly noted to have drawn serious attention to the importance of the health-related Millennium Development Goals (MDG) by calling on the National Assembly to pass the then National Health Bill.

Speaking during one of her outings at a forum on International Health and Development, she said, “There are enough in terms of knowledge initiatives, strategies, tools, drugs and treatment protocols to cure diseases and prolong life, but the reality is that the system designed to bring about these outcomes are inadequate at best or even non-existent. This is a global problem,” she noted.

With a sound background in the discipline and as someone who knew her onions, she was on the way to writing her name in the Guinness Book of Record when however in March 2008, barely less than a year she was appointed, then President Yar’Adua ordered her interrogation and subsequent arrest over the ministry’s unspent fund totalling N300 million in the 2007 budget.

In her defence before the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), she said she was misadvised by the directors in the ministry whom she said told her that such funds were usually shared as bonuses for certain categories of staff and other stakeholders.

In the event thereafter, she was removed from the cabinet. Commenting on her short stay in the ministry, the Nigeria Medical Association, (NMA) said of her, “Her commitment to duty in the area of care for Nigerian children endeared her to millions of people.”

If you don't believe me yet, ask Yewande Sadiku, formerly of the Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission. She was targeted and hounded for being a proper person.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/01/10/yewande-sadiku-i-was-hounded-by-anti-reform-elements-for-paying-n5-8bn-to-govt

After leaving office, the woman has been moving from one appointment to the other in the private sector as a highly sought skilled technocrat - a person rejected and rubbished in Nigerian Public service by the hawks holding our country down.

I can go on and on about similar victimisation e.g the NAFDAC Female Chief Executive who cried out over the bribes she was asked to pay Legislators who can for oversight visit.

However, I believe I have made my point very clear. FFK may be a 'mofo' (whatever that means), but almost nobody can survive and make significant mark in Nigerian Governance as of today by being squeaky clean. They would embarrass such person out of office.

Kind regards.
Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by merits(m): 7:24am On Sep 01, 2023
GboyegaD:

Yes it will serve both.
Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by Papayaayasager(m): 8:06am On Sep 01, 2023
All this gra gra suspension here and there is for him to locate where he will start cashing out if na me I will do the same,
As a ware house manager I do it all the time I take over any new warehouse management in my company grin
Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by imma2(m): 8:09am On Sep 01, 2023
COMPAQ:

I suspect they will close all the check in counters of the old MMIA, so all check in will be at the new terminal, but most likely some of the boarding will still occur at the old E and D aprons. Alternatively, they may bus people to the planes to board if the planes can't come to the aprons of the new terminal. A third alternative is the get airlines to change their xhedules a bit to have less pressure. Departures and arrivals are always bunched up at the same time at night and morning respectively.
This is a workable arrangement but what I wrote there is just a snippet of the chaos that's would happen if they insist on using that terminal solely.
Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by imma2(m): 8:10am On Sep 01, 2023
COMPAQ:

This is a workable arrangement but what I wrote there is just a snippet of the chaos that's would happen if they insist on using that terminal solely.
Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by Easylife1234: 9:19am On Sep 01, 2023
Well done 👍
Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by midehi2(f): 10:34am On Sep 01, 2023
pquaver:

Nice one the place is an eyesore but abeg where i go land for that October sef when i de comeback?
MM2

1 Like

Re: FG Bars International Airlines From MMA From October 1 by shankie: 12:31pm On Sep 01, 2023
GboyegaD:

Both terminal one and two are in the same place just different entrance and different runway

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldier Dies In A Fatal Accident (Photos) / Hit-and-run Driver Leaves 2-year-old Nigerian Girl In US Badly Injured / Accident As Hyundai Elantra Drives Into The Gutter At Ikosi, Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.