Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,865 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

A Call For An End To Political Correctness On Nairaland. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Call For An End To Political Correctness On Nairaland. (221 Views)

Buhari: BUA’s Growth Is Evidence Of Correctness Of My Government’s Policies / Amotekun Recruitment. Message To Yoruba Leaders: Enough Of Political Correctness / Enugu’s Masterplan: Between Political Correctness And Municipal Expediency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Call For An End To Political Correctness On Nairaland. by ChiefOloye(m): 4:02pm On Sep 01, 2023
I will start by commending Olúwáseun Ọṣẹwà for how far he has taken Nairaland.com. I first heard of this platform in 2005, as a 300l Student in the University. Almost 2 decades after, Nairaland is still waxing stronger, not many businesses has lasted this long in Nigeria, this longevity has been as a result of Ṣeun's brilliance, doggedness and perceviarance and tenacity.
One of the things that has also contributed to the success is the preservations of the rules and regulations, as entrenched by the team. Much as I commend these rules, I think some of it are obsolete and need to be relaxed or totally abolished, especially in the political section.
One of such rules is the incessant bans that bother on political and ethnic slurs. In this time and age, there are conversations that should not earn nairaland.com users suspension.
I'm passed off, any time I'm suspended, because I angrily react to insults by the Igbos, aimed at the President or his/my ethnic group.
The Igbos, since the last election have constitute themselves into attackers in Chief of the President, they attack not just the president, but as well his ethnic group and his supporters.
I can no longer close my eyes to these insults, even if it leads to me being expelled from Nairaland.com, it's now double fire for fire. No rest Internet idiots!

1 Like

Re: A Call For An End To Political Correctness On Nairaland. by Wainey: 4:05pm On Sep 01, 2023
You go explain tire, no evidence.

It's not like only igbos attack people here, both Yorubas and other ethnic nationalities attack too, remember Goodluck was called a lot of names by the Yorubas, what is good for Greece is also good for Uganda.

As for me, I am just here for the violence.

One bigot AfonjaEmir has dedicated his life to be the greatest bigot to walk the earth
Re: A Call For An End To Political Correctness On Nairaland. by Nonny95: 4:06pm On Sep 01, 2023
ChiefOloye:
I will start by commending Olúwáseun Ọṣẹwà for how far he has taken Nairaland.com. I first heard of this platform in 2005, as a 300l Student in the University. Almost 2 decades after, Nairaland is still waxing stronger, not many businesses has lasted this long in Nigeria, this longevity has been as a result of Ṣeun's brilliance, doggedness and perceviarance and tenacity.
One of the things that has also contributed to the success is the preservations of the rules and regulations, as entrenched by the team. Much as I commend these rules, I think some of it are obsolete and need to be relaxed or totally abolished, especially in the political section.
One of such rules is the incessant bans that bother on political and ethnic slurs. In this time and age, there are conversations that should not earn nairaland.com users suspension.

I'm passed off, any time I'm suspended, because I angrily react to insults by the Igbos, aimed at the President or his/my ethnic group.
The Igbos, since the last election have constitute themselves into attackers in Chief of the President, they attack not just the president, but as well his ethnic group and his supporters.

I can no longer close my eyes to these insults, even if it leads to me being expelled from Nairaland.com, it's now double fire for fire. No rest Internet idiots!

Shurrup your mouth.

Same way you Yorubas called Jonathan names.

Even your Laurette wole soyinka called his wife the first lady of the country a Shepopotamus.

Called Ngozi Okonjo Iweala a fake Havard University graduate and even your brother Omojuwa and others wrote to the school to withdraw her PhD.

Please close your smelly mouth.

If you can't handle criticism, start by apologizing on behalf of what your kinsmen have said about other tribes when they're in government.

Una don meet una match for propaganda and throwing of insults and you're calling for an end to political correctness. Ode na fire for fire even if Tinubu rules for 100 years.

Una go get the taste of what you hurled at others. Rubbish

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call For An End To Political Correctness On Nairaland. by chopnaira: 4:12pm On Sep 01, 2023
ChiefOloye:

Welcome to the new dispensation. Yoruba liberalism is dying and people are embracing Yoruba conservatism.

What gladens my heart most is those liberal yorubas that voted for Peter Obi have now seen that they were just a means to an end that never materialized. They have now woken up and embraced Yoruba conservatism.

Just open like 10 Monika's and you are good to go with subtle clapbacks. cool

Re: A Call For An End To Political Correctness On Nairaland. by Burob: 4:12pm On Sep 01, 2023
Nonny95:

Shurrup your mouth.

Even your Laurette wole soyinka called his wife Shepopotamus.

Called Ngozi Okonjo Iweala a fake Havard University graduate and even your brother Omojuwa and others wrote to the school to withdraw her PhD.

If you can't handle criticism, start by apologizing on behalf of what your kinsmen have said about other tribes when they're in government.
Please Shut up, & stop living in the past.
Re: A Call For An End To Political Correctness On Nairaland. by Nonny95: 4:15pm On Sep 01, 2023
Burob:

It's now past. Clown.

There's no future without a past.

If your parents didn't give you a name as a kid, what would be your identity?

Oloriburuku when fire for fire is done being giving to your Ebola, please move it to the past. Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Call For An End To Political Correctness On Nairaland. by Akaegwu(m): 4:22pm On Sep 01, 2023
Burob:
The present will soon become past. Before then,the drugee in Abuja is lifeless. RenewedHope =Shege

2 Likes

Re: A Call For An End To Political Correctness On Nairaland. by chopnaira: 4:27pm On Sep 01, 2023
Nonny95:

Shurrup your mouth.

Even your Laurette wole soyinka called his wife the first lady of the country a Shepopotamus.

Una don meet una match for propaganda and throwing of insults and you're calling for an end to political correctness. Ode na fire for fire even if Tinubu rules for 100 years.

Una go get the taste of what you hurled at others. Rubbish
And Joe Igbokwe is what? A Yoruba man from Anambra state.

Selective amnesia.

Re: A Call For An End To Political Correctness On Nairaland. by Nonny95: 4:45pm On Sep 01, 2023
chopnaira:

And Joe Igbokwe is what? A Yoruba man from Anambra state.

Selective amnesia.

He is a product of politics of hate being taught in SW
Re: A Call For An End To Political Correctness On Nairaland. by BoldBrainz(m): 6:02pm On Sep 01, 2023
OP,

For someone who presumably graduated from the University in 2006, you're without ambiguity, a colossal disappointment to your age grade and Nigerian youths in general!

To think my interest was piqued after the first three lines of your write-up, only for me to further realise that the promotion of tribalism was your fundamental intent, leaves a sour taste in the palates and a sad wondering, as to what is to become of the generations ahead.

By my calculations, you're supposed to be a father of at least two grown children and a home where propriety and moral decency should be focal points of daily existence. But here you are, disgracing your penis and that of your ancestors, by soiling nairaland with the murky waters of ethnic jingoism, a sad behaviour that is regrettably the bane of nairaland teenagers.

When you graduated from the University, I was writing my WASSCE, for God's sake! You give notoriety and truth to the saying that "even fools grow old".

Tueh!!

2 Likes

Re: A Call For An End To Political Correctness On Nairaland. by Deogratiasfx: 6:06pm On Sep 01, 2023
ChiefOloye:

You started very well but ended badly. Must u end this good poem with insults?
Re: A Call For An End To Political Correctness On Nairaland. by chopnaira: 6:07pm On Sep 01, 2023
Nonny95:

He is a product of politics of hate being taught in SW
You are mistaken. That was Peter Obi.
Re: A Call For An End To Political Correctness On Nairaland. by Ibrahimcoomasie: 6:12pm On Sep 01, 2023
chopnaira:

You are mistaken. That was Peter Obi.
He would be here to tell you that Peter Obi was taught Politics in the SW.

Even Amaechi that was insulting GEJ and his wife although GEJs tenure must have been taught Political of hate in the SW too LMAO

1 Like

Re: A Call For An End To Political Correctness On Nairaland. by chopnaira: 6:17pm On Sep 01, 2023
Ibrahimcoomasie:

He would be here to tell you that Peter Obi was taught Politics in the SW.

Even Amaechi that was insulting GEJ and his wife although GEJs tenure must have been taught Political of hate in the SW too LMAO
It's either they are suffering from selective amnesia.or where primary school kids during the GEJ era and just started getting their tainted news from Obidient whassApp groups.

Gladly Amaechi was in PDP went he insulted GEJ and his wife all through.

P; Chibuike Amaechi is Ikwerre, a sub-Igbo tribe and his name on Igbo means God is strength or power” and “who knows tomorrow” respectively.

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Investment Summit Beckons The World / Lagos Governorship Election: Reno Omokri Predicts Winner As Tribunal Delivers Ju / Please Pray For Tinubu, Things Are Very Hard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.