Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,049 members, 7,828,693 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

What Is This Veggie Called? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is This Veggie Called? (525 Views)

Meet My Low Budget Rice And Innocent Veggie Stew. / Easy And Tasty Beef Potato Veggie! A Healthy Lunch Or Dinner Idea (Photos,Video) / Best Method Of Cooking Veggie Chicken Sauce | Ingredients Needed For Vegetable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is This Veggie Called? by RevenuesBoost(f): 4:44pm On Sep 01, 2023
Anyone who guesses right receives 1gb data from me.

Cross Riverians should know.

Clue: It's one of the veggies you cook without adding seasoning cubes.

It could be eaten with yam, maize, eba and rice.
I'm eating mine with rice today.

This is one of the dish that made my husband fall in love with Cross River State.
He is weird, this weirdo eats his own with breadπŸ˜‚

Re: What Is This Veggie Called? by illicit(m): 5:16pm On Sep 01, 2023
No be oha be that?

1 Like

Re: What Is This Veggie Called? by RevenuesBoost(f): 5:19pm On Sep 01, 2023
illicit:
No be oha be that?

No...
Thanks so much for trying.

I will tell you the name if no one gets it right.
Re: What Is This Veggie Called? by RevenuesBoost(f): 8:12pm On Sep 01, 2023
Glad to announce that we've gotten a winner

Berrityga:
Cassava leave

You got it right!
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Chat me up on WhatsApp to redeem your data
My number is on my bio

This is Yakurr LGA delicacy
It's cassava leaves

During my secondary school days, my calabar classmates yapped my village, they say we eat Cassava leaves like goats and we are human eaters.

It always makes me regret coming from such a village.

When I got into the university, my hostel mates make fun of it o, if you call then human eaters, they'll threaten to eat you up while you are asleep at night, I'll just laugh because the person will get so scared.

I had a hard time inviting my calabar friend to my village, she said they'll eat her up at night πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Funny enough, my people are the most hospitable people, ask people who have ever visited Yakurr LGA, they'll tell you that they didn't feel like going back again.

A perfect example is my husband πŸ˜„
A Yoruba man

How it's prepared: it's only the tips of the leaves that's been used.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is This Veggie Called? by RevenuesBoost(f): 8:16pm On Sep 01, 2023
How Cassava Leaves is Prepared:

The tip of the cassava leaves are Sliced

Boil considerable quantity of water in a pot and add much salt.

Add the sliced cassava leaves in the boiled salty water; while boiling you make sure the pot is airtight till the leaves are soft and it will remain green if not your leaves will be brownish.

The cassava leaves is taken out of the pot

Mashed to get soft,

Washed very well,

Squeezed and

Fried using palm oil, onions, crayfish, Pepper, Canda and salt

Note: Avoid seasoning cubes, you'll dislike it's taste with seasoning cubes (maggi).

Re: What Is This Veggie Called? by poshestmina(f): 1:30am On Sep 02, 2023
Nothing is really a waste!

I thought everything about cassava plants should be avoided until the root is ripe enough .

Are the leaves itchy?
Re: What Is This Veggie Called? by RevenuesBoost(f): 12:44pm On Sep 02, 2023
poshestmina:
Nothing is really a waste!

I thought everything about cassava plants should be avoided until the root is ripe enough .

Are the leaves itchy?

Yeah the liquid that comes out of the leaves itch a little, only if it touches your skin.

All the parts of cassava is useful

The peels is one of the basic material used in processing chicken feed, also used as goat feed and pig feed.

The liquid that comes out of the cassava (cyanide) can be processed and used as organic fertilizer.

The starch is one of the basic ingredients in paint Production as others make it into pap for consumption.

You've already discovered that humans also eat the leaves, goats eat cassava leaves as well.

The root is also used for the production of cassava flour, fufu flour, garri, it's even made into tiny moulds and fried in my place and eaten with beans.

So all it's parts are very useful

(1) (Reply)

Warning To The Federal Government / European Union (EU) Bans Food Exports From Nigeria / Kids & Adult Food Catering Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.