Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,342 members, 7,829,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Abia State Governor, Otti Sacks All Civil Servants Employed From December 2022 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia State Governor, Otti Sacks All Civil Servants Employed From December 2022 (17834 Views)

Aisha Yesufu Reacts As Governor Otti Spends ₦927M On Food, Others / 2019: Court sacks all APC candidates In Cross-Rivers - DailyPost / Aminu Tambuwal Sacks All Commissioners Ahead Of His Defection To PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia State Governor, Otti Sacks All Civil Servants Employed From December 2022 by Akaegwu(m): 8:21am On Sep 02, 2023
Can you send us the link to 2018 massive employment?. I want to confirm if you are right or insane.
CJStarz:

Sharap dia. It's very obvious you have not been to Abia State and know nothing about the state.
Okezie carried out a massive employment in 2018. Still within his constitutional rights as a Governor to employ Abia citizens,even if a day or few hours to handover.
Besides,Abia receives much allocation and has a topnotch IGR,so d Alex Otti government can conveniently pay these people.
He should have showed some level of human empathy. Habaaa

1 Like

Re: Abia State Governor, Otti Sacks All Civil Servants Employed From December 2022 by almayda: 8:22am On Sep 02, 2023
Are the Abians?
igwebuike01:

Only those employed in December 2022 were sacked because it was a campaign employment
Re: Abia State Governor, Otti Sacks All Civil Servants Employed From December 2022 by CJStarz: 8:30am On Sep 02, 2023
Akaegwu:
Can you send us the link to 2018 massive employment?. I want to confirm if you are right or insane.
You're blinded by rage and hatred for Okezie. Imagine you calling him an idiot, despite vaguing it. A link indeed! Go to the civil service commission and make your inquiries.
Truth remains that sacking 7000 Abia workers in one fell swoop doesn't speak well of Governor Alex Otti,who enjoyed the goodwill of the people.

1 Like

Re: Abia State Governor, Otti Sacks All Civil Servants Employed From December 2022 by Samogloby: 8:30am On Sep 02, 2023
igwebuike01:

Only those employed in December 2022 were sacked because it was a campaign employment
I hope those employed by past administration are still indigen of Abia,or are they foreigners?
Re: Abia State Governor, Otti Sacks All Civil Servants Employed From December 2022 by Akaegwu(m): 8:36am On Sep 02, 2023
CJStarz:

You're blinded by rage and hatred for Okezie. Imagine you calling him an idiot, despite vaguing it. A link indeed! Go to the civil service commission and make your inquiries.
Truth remains that sacking 7000 Abia workers in one fell swoop doesn't speak well of Governor Alex Otti,who enjoyed the goodwill of the people.

You sound 🔊 funny. To clear my doubt, show me any available record to support your views. Anyị adịghị ise abiri.

1 Like

Re: Abia State Governor, Otti Sacks All Civil Servants Employed From December 2022 by Akaegwu(m): 8:43am On Sep 02, 2023
CJStarz:

The insane is not for Ikpeazụ, rather for you that's defending shordy employment.
Re: Abia State Governor, Otti Sacks All Civil Servants Employed From December 2022 by Akaegwu(m): 8:44am On Sep 02, 2023
Samogloby:
I hope those employed by past administration are still indigen of Abia,or are they foreigners?
Shordy employment. Ikpeazụ that couldn't pay salary of some workers and pension for over two years suddenly employed 7,000 within few months to the end of his term in office.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia State Governor, Otti Sacks All Civil Servants Employed From December 2022 by Teebest01: 8:44am On Sep 02, 2023
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Probably 7000 ghost workers. don't trust any PDP government

So Labour Party government should be trusted instead

Hypocrite undecided undecided
Re: Abia State Governor, Otti Sacks All Civil Servants Employed From December 2022 by EmekaA125(m): 8:49am On Sep 02, 2023
yarimo:
Court will soon sack him from government house too
Continue dreaming bro
Re: Abia State Governor, Otti Sacks All Civil Servants Employed From December 2022 by CJStarz: 8:53am On Sep 02, 2023
Akaegwu:
The insane is not for Ikpeazụ, rather for you that's defending shordy employment.

Hahahaha.... what's shordy or you meant shoddy? Now we know who's insane here.
Thanks for engaging.
Won't respond to you again.
Udo diri gi.
Re: Abia State Governor, Otti Sacks All Civil Servants Employed From December 2022 by MrsTwrite(f): 9:08am On Sep 02, 2023
Guy, 7000 is too much na... Shu...
Re: Abia State Governor, Otti Sacks All Civil Servants Employed From December 2022 by Akaegwu(m): 9:14am On Sep 02, 2023
CJStarz:

Hahahaha.... what's shordy or you meant shoddy? Now we know who's insane here.
Thanks for engaging.
Won't respond to you again.
Udo diri gi.
Happy you understand your foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Abia State Governor, Otti Sacks All Civil Servants Employed From December 2022 by hardbody: 9:21am On Sep 02, 2023
Jahwinaboy:
This is really bad news

They should go to court.

1 Like

Re: Abia State Governor, Otti Sacks All Civil Servants Employed From December 2022 by mypaddle: 9:28am On Sep 02, 2023
Nice 1. The same thing should be done for every state if a new government comes in, any emplyment done at least a year before a new govenment steps in should be over turned.

There is a dead beat governor a friend was telling me In Edo State bringing consultants not from the state to take over their civil service. If you get there n.a. So So omoluabi full there.

I told him but what we are seeing and hearing in the news is quite different he said that's a face value the governor tried in making the offices a conducive place but has relegated the core civil servants bringing in and employing omoluabis into the service to do their job.

I was shocked, so invariably it means the workers there are not competent or the state do not have competent consultants he (the governor) can rely on. He was telling me workers moral is low the consultants dictates what happens in the civil service. I come de wonder. For River state to see a non indigene working in the public/civil service as consultant or even staff is like a camel passing through the eye of a needle. He told me that workers now call the civil/public service as expatriate service because n.a. so so non indigene full am.
Re: Abia State Governor, Otti Sacks All Civil Servants Employed From December 2022 by Lastmessenger2: 9:38am On Sep 02, 2023
Tareq1105:

Ikpeazu wuruwuru, no be Abians dem be? Are the people sacked not Abians? Are they from Edo state? He's adding to unemployment and poverty and you're supporting him.

So, what would you say if Tinubu sacked those employed by Buhari or Jonathan?

State governments should assist federal government to reduce unemployment. It shouldn't be left for federal government alone.

And mind you, when next you type rubbish I'll deal with you. Stop supporting evils.
some of you should ask what those 7000 people they employed go to the office to do?

1 Like

Re: Abia State Governor, Otti Sacks All Civil Servants Employed From December 2022 by slowice(m): 10:25am On Sep 02, 2023
That's right thing to do.. How did ikpeazụ who couldn't pay salaries and pension for years suddenly employed thousands of people few months to the end of his tenure?

Every campaign employment must be reversed because it is fake.

1 Like

Re: Abia State Governor, Otti Sacks All Civil Servants Employed From December 2022 by Okoroawusa: 10:31am On Sep 02, 2023
I can't tell a governor how to govern his state so I can't say much on why he sacked who he sacked. The only problem I have is the hypocrites who will avoid this thread because Alex Otti is...
Re: Abia State Governor, Otti Sacks All Civil Servants Employed From December 2022 by magzey: 10:52am On Sep 02, 2023
Thank God they are all his brothers and sisters, no be Elupee him be? They are all Clueless politicians from presidential candidate to Councillors in the wards angry grin cheesy

Re: Abia State Governor, Otti Sacks All Civil Servants Employed From December 2022 by Starships4u(m): 10:55am On Sep 02, 2023
yinkus6750:
I totally agree with Otti on this.
How was the last administration able to employ 7,000peopke?
When they were oweing Doctors, Lecturers, Pensioners e.t.c, for as much as 36 months salary ?
Sure the appointment was a campaign strategy that didn't achieve it's aim.

A governor that disengaged bonafide civil servants in the guise of non - indigenes... Turns around to start employing people yet still can't pay.... Nonsense....
Re: Abia State Governor, Otti Sacks All Civil Servants Employed From December 2022 by DarkJeddi(m): 10:55am On Sep 02, 2023
officerfudo:
Hypocrites, Igbo ready cover their mumuness just to avoid been tagged by other tribe, see wickedness in HD, if your parent is among those sacked you will not be spitting rubbish. The country is terrible enough for you to lose your job join. Make the Governor be one Yoruba man and una stinking bigotry go litter the place.
You had to drag your stvpid tribalism into every thread..
Everything to you is an avenue to vent your ethnic jingoism?

1 Like

Re: Abia State Governor, Otti Sacks All Civil Servants Employed From December 2022 by CJStarz: 11:08am On Sep 02, 2023
One thing with some of you here is that you assume poorly. To you, anyone who states the obvious is PAID to do so? Not everyone sells his or her conscience for money,ok?
Okezie might not have been the best of Governors,he had his many failings which I'm not trying to exonerate him from,but then,he did some good in some areas,give it to him,man. You can attest to some of his good works if you can be sincere are truthful to yourself and your God.
Enough of this bitterness and hatred for the man. Where he failed,let Governor Alex Chioma Otti,OFR,by the Grace of God,do better. All these name calling,hatred and vindictiveness won't take Abia any notch higher.

1 Like

Re: Abia State Governor, Otti Sacks All Civil Servants Employed From December 2022 by Cantonese: 11:24am On Sep 02, 2023
obembet:

U dey take Igbo people serious...

That’s why dem too pass you.
Ntoi.
Re: Abia State Governor, Otti Sacks All Civil Servants Employed From December 2022 by Yvngex(m): 12:41pm On Sep 02, 2023
Alchemy528:
The young shall grow, let him put the young there
shey nah 96 years old people dey there?
Mumu talk
Re: Abia State Governor, Otti Sacks All Civil Servants Employed From December 2022 by yarimo(m): 12:47pm On Sep 02, 2023
001Lagos:

It is Tinubu that the court will sack for certificate forgery
not election rigging again abi ? grin grin grin
Re: Abia State Governor, Otti Sacks All Civil Servants Employed From December 2022 by YesDaddyTill203: 12:53pm On Sep 02, 2023
Goodvibes007:

True.lol
They would be typing this sacking vwill favour their family.
They have become deaf and dumb and avoiding the thread.
If this had been Sanwolu, the thread would have been 10 pages by now.
They would have come up with all sorts of asinine and delusional excuses as to why it should have never happened.
But now, it ok and justified.
I have said it before, na hypocrisy go kill these people. They are shamelessly hypocritical.
Re: Abia State Governor, Otti Sacks All Civil Servants Employed From December 2022 by promisedeco(m): 1:25pm On Sep 02, 2023
Tompson88:
That is it,we are the problem of each other,why support the evil governor? are those people he sacked not Abia people, is he paying them from his pocket not from Abia state money? Why can't he reduce the extravagant spending in government house,he can also generate more money to pay those people not to talk of States now share bigger allocation between them,those Governor are evil and you are supporting them against your fellow men,it is evil.
The formal Governor was owing workers over 36months salary and instead of him to pay, he still went and employ 7000 (not hundred o) people just before he left OFFICE.
For who to pay?
If it was as simple as you painted it why didn't the formal governor pay the debt the state owes before employing new ones.

You people should try to be objective in these things

1 Like

Re: Abia State Governor, Otti Sacks All Civil Servants Employed From December 2022 by VictorGeneral4(m): 2:37pm On Sep 02, 2023
Ibrahimcoomasie:
The governor had sacked 7000 workers in the employment of the State, which was announced by his commissioner for information then.

https://saharareporters.com/2023/09/01/abia-state-governor-otti-sacks-all-civil-servants-employed-december-2022-till-date
Nice one Mr Alex
Campaign Employment
Re: Abia State Governor, Otti Sacks All Civil Servants Employed From December 2022 by Christistruth03: 2:58pm On Sep 02, 2023
In Nigeria Politics is an extension of Clan and Tribal War

Alex Oti has sacked the Ikpeazu Political Clan
Re: Abia State Governor, Otti Sacks All Civil Servants Employed From December 2022 by MarrisManah(m): 3:08pm On Sep 02, 2023
Tareq1105:

Ikpeazu wuruwuru, no be Abians dem be? Are the people sacked not Abians? Are they from Edo state? He's adding to unemployment and poverty and you're supporting him.

So, what would you say if Tinubu sacked those employed by Buhari or Jonathan?

State governments should assist federal government to reduce unemployment. It shouldn't be left for federal government alone.

And mind you, when next you type rubbish I'll deal with you. Stop supporting evils.
Oga you self na mumu. If you don't see anything wrong with a governor employing thousands few months to expiration of his tenure, then it's either you're a direct beneficiary or just plain mumu. Which one are you? Let us know.
If Jonathan or Buhari employed thousands towards the end of their tenures then Tinubu should be doing the country a disservice if he allowed it.
Re: Abia State Governor, Otti Sacks All Civil Servants Employed From December 2022 by ZiktotheWorld: 3:14pm On Sep 02, 2023
Ride on My Governor.
The Governor of the People smiley
Re: Abia State Governor, Otti Sacks All Civil Servants Employed From December 2022 by opeey(m): 3:19pm On Sep 02, 2023
yinkus6750:
I totally agree with Otti on this.
How was the last administration able to employ 7,000peopke?
When they were oweing Doctors, Lecturers, Pensioners e.t.c, for as much as 36 months salary ?
Sure the appointment was a campaign strategy that didn't achieve it's aim.

His approach was fundamentally flawed. He should have thoroughly reviewed the hiring criteria and addressed the issue of ghost workers, as well as ensured that the civil servants owed were paid. Considering the increased federal government allocation, it wouldn't be surprising if he suggested conducting a new round of recruitment. It's frustrating how politicians seem to follow the same patterns without much thought. What will happen to the over 7,000 workers who have been laid off?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Achor Prince: Councillor Representing Wike's Ward Resigns, Backs Fubara / Happy Birthday Your Excellency, Atiku Abubakar (turaki Adamawa) / Benue South: My Struggle Has Ended – Dan Onjeh Bows To David Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.