Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,460 members, 7,812,408 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? (26457 Views)

Victor Osimhen Surprised By Napoli Fans At AFCON 2024 / Which Player Should Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2022? / Camavinga Or Ndidi: Which Player Should Manchester United Sign? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by deltateam: 3:04am On Sep 03, 2023
TemplarLandry:
None.

Same here. None surprised me.

Even Osimhen is under serious pressure to join Saudi club.

To be honest, the amount of money being offered is crazy!

You are given opportunity to make in one year what you would have made in 3 years! shocked

They want to triple his salary and ofcourse he can ask for further incentives like advert or sales commission, goals bonus etc

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by BALLOSKI: 3:12am On Sep 03, 2023
Vinnie2000:

For Older and Established players like Ronaldo and Benzema, CORRECT! smiley

For YOUNGER players Like Allain St Maximin, NO! undecided

As a Player When you Retire, you want to look Back on your Career and smile @the Trophies won and Impact you made in the Game.😊

This is the Mistake JayJay Okocha and Odion Ighalo made.
They Put MONEY ahead of Trophies/Personal Accolades and Regretted it.πŸ˜’

I Just Hope Victor Osihmen does not Make same Terrible Mistake!πŸ€¨πŸ™
What are you even saying? Clubs now become strong by simply having rich owners or fat bank account. It goes to show you money defines football.

Reason Okocha went to Bolton over Man united was because he wanted a place he could be a king without competition - this he might not get at other big clubs. Imagine the clubs he played for in england are both in relegation. These and more are the reasons he regrets. Didn't he also go to UAE for the money?

Who told you Ighalo is regretting? He came back from the same Saudi league and played for his boyhood team, man united. It was Ole and Corona b that messed him up along the line.

Alves wey win everything dey prison like this. Make Osimhen no wise up. Trophy ko
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by BALLOSKI: 3:13am On Sep 03, 2023
Megabig:
Neymar
This is the only one that surprised me.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by deltateam: 3:23am On Sep 03, 2023
VinnyBaba:

So you are one the Nigerians Advising Victor Osihmen to leave Europe and go to Saudi Arabia league? πŸ˜πŸ˜•

This is What KILLED JAYJAY OKOCHA CAREER. embarassed undecided

In the Mid 1990's, If he had Stayed in Germany and doing those Dribbles,
Bayern Munich or Dortmund would have Signed him and he would have the Bundesliga, UCL, African Best and even World Best. smiley

But in 1997 or 1998, he Followed MONEY and went to Fernabache in Turkish where Nobody could see his Talent! sad

Then went to then Unknown PSG and then Bolton, when he was already Old!πŸ™

If Osihmen is Wise, he should move to Arsenal next year.
Fight to Win an EPL and UEFA champions league like Haaland.
And possibly win World Best Ballon'd.😊

If he Follows the Advice of Peeps like you, he will Regret like Okocha! πŸ˜•πŸ˜’

Hmm. You can't claim to know what a full grown man wants for his life.

I wish same for him but I'll respect his decision if he goes to Saudi Arabia.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by ChristianMuslim: 4:04am On Sep 03, 2023
Money is the key to future not trophy,football career is short, so you got to make big money as fast as you can to secure your future..

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by lonelydora: 5:25am On Sep 03, 2023
Vinnie2000:

As a Player When you Retire, you want to look Back on your Career and smile @the Trophies won and Impact you made in the Game.😊

You sabi football

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by musajo1(m): 6:33am On Sep 03, 2023
[quote author=Vinnie2000 post=125521038]Some Footballers in Top European Leagues Surprisingly moved to Saudi Arabia.
While some were Past their Prime, Others were 26,27 Active Footballers! πŸ€¨πŸ™‚

*Sadio Mane
*Riyad Mahrez
*Allain St Maximin
*Ruben Nevez
*Neymar Jnr
*Eduado Mendy
*Jordan Henderson
*Fabihno
*Karim Benzema
*CR7
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by musajo1(m): 6:35am On Sep 03, 2023
CR7

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Belleful: 7:22am On Sep 03, 2023
Only Ruben Neves.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Iliyasdass(m): 7:54am On Sep 03, 2023
*Allain St Maximin

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Beverlyjean(f): 8:01am On Sep 03, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Okocha is presently the richest ex super eagles player...richer than players like Kanu , babayaro , ikepba , oliseh , finidi that played for top clubs and won trophies ...

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by geoworldedu: 8:22am On Sep 03, 2023
Vinnie2000:

So they don't win trophies in Saudi Arabia or they don't make impacts in their games? I'm not getting it.
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Nigeriagood(m): 8:56am On Sep 03, 2023
Bukola94:
Kelvin is the 3rd best player currently. I will rank Karim Benzema over Neymar. Neymar is so unserious and career may not have happy ending, just like Balotelli and Adriano
what's coming from your mouth πŸ˜‚,bemzema the one season wonder πŸ€”,abeg kelvin cannot beat the Neymar of before 2017
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Nigeriagood(m): 8:58am On Sep 03, 2023
EngGandalf:

Wettn this guy dey talk now.. What makes you think you've a say in anybodys life decision. You even put the NO in capital letters.. Lmao!! Unbelievable.. What makes you think JJ and Odion made mistakes in THEIR own life… I'm going to guess you're probably a teenager or early twenties…you don't know how life works… person dey jump up and down to earn a living… you dey make life decisions for am. i don't think you know what it means to make 20million euros/pounds a year with very little tax, 100% safety of life and good standard of living… or you think Players are superhuman who can't be robbed, stabbed or shot at… you even say this people regretted it… Jj tell you say him regret life? Man I'm just bemused at your level of reasoning…
β€œAs a Player When you Retire, you want to look Back on your Career and smile @the Trophies won and Impact you made in the Game.πŸ˜Šβ€

ARE YOU A PLAYER!!! If no! Always Shut up and face your own life.…
why are you so tensed about his life, Always shut up and face your own life

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Nigeriagood(m): 9:00am On Sep 03, 2023
frog12:
mahrez, but he's better and equal to kevin but pep doesn't give him starting so its understandable
as your name implies,you have a brain of a frog
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Lamasta(m): 9:45am On Sep 03, 2023
victory36:
All these one you are saying is story for the gods. Most Players play for the money, it's not trophies that will sustain them after retirement. My own take is that they should use the money wisely. Those who play for passion can keep on playing in Europe. It's their personal choice/life not ours to decide.

Trophies won in Saudi is not recognized abi Na only european trophies nahim be football abi
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Vinnie2000(m): 9:47am On Sep 03, 2023
geoworldedu:
So they don't win trophies in Saudi Arabia or they don't make impacts in their games? I'm not getting it.

Can you compare European Trophies like EPL, Serie A, UEFA champions league,etc with Saudi trophies?

Even in Europe, you canNOT compare winning Romanian or Belgian league as a Player to Winning La liga or Serie A.πŸ˜’

Why do you think Ronaldo went to Saudi after he had won Everything in Europe?πŸ™

Why do you think Mbappe REJECTED his Saudi Suitors?πŸ˜πŸ˜•
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Vinnie2000(m): 9:52am On Sep 03, 2023
Lamasta:

Trophies won in Saudi is not recognized abi Na only european trophies nahim be football abi

Ogbeni, It is NOT recognized.😏

Ok, Tell me any known Saudi Trophy. sad

Europe owns Football whether you like it or not!

Europe have used 100+years to Build their League and that is Why it has Attracted players from all parts of the Globe.πŸ™‚

Saudi just wants to Buy Quick Success. πŸ™πŸ˜’
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Vinnie2000(m): 10:01am On Sep 03, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Okocha is presently the richest ex super eagles player...richer than players like Kanu , babayaro , ikepba , oliseh , finidi that played for top clubs and won trophies ...

Okocha is the Richest because he INVESTED his Money.
Not because he played in Turkish or Qatar league. πŸ˜•

Dude WASTED his Career.πŸ˜ŸπŸ˜’

He would have been @ Par with Zinedine Zidane, Ronaldo delima and Ronaldihno as the Greatest of the 1990's/ Early 2000's,
But he Greedily went for Money!πŸ™πŸ˜•

If Osihmen wins Nations Cup and Uefa Champions League, this Generation will claim He is Better than Okocha! sad

Even in 2012, 2013, some Peeps were Arguing that Mr Back pass, Mikel Obi was Better than Okocha
because he won UCL with Chelsea and Nations cup with Nigeria.πŸ€¨πŸ˜•
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Vinnie2000(m): 10:09am On Sep 03, 2023
BALLOSKI:
What are you even saying? Clubs now become strong by simply having rich owners or fat bank account. It goes to show you money defines football.

Reason Okocha went to Bolton over Man united was because he wanted a place he could be a king without competition - this he might not get at other big clubs. Imagine the clubs he played for in england are both in relegation. These and more are the reasons he regrets. Didn't he also go to UAE for the money?

Who told you Ighalo is regretting? He came back from the same Saudi league and played for his boyhood team, man united. It was Ole and Corona b that messed him up along the line.

Alves wey win everything dey prison like this. Make Osimhen no wise up. Trophy ko

Ighalo was Doing well in Watford and was Banging in Goals just like Taiwo Awoniyi of Nottingham forest, currently. πŸ™‚

If he had Stayed, Luckily he would been Signed by one of the Top Clubs.

But he GREEDILY went to China and after Money Stopped flowing,
He tried to beat a Return and was Begging Man Utd to Sign him.πŸ˜•

Rio Ferdinand, Gary Neville, etc all Opposed his signature because they said Man u does not need a Chinese League Striker! πŸ™πŸ˜’

If Osihmen have SENSE, he should not Listen to Advice of Peeps like you. sad

If he stays in Europe, he has Potentials to Battle Haaland and Mbappe for the World Best/Ballon'd. smiley
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Vinnie2000(m): 10:22am On Sep 03, 2023
Omobude244:

1. Gabriel Veiga- a 21yrs old Europe hot player choose Saudi over Napoli and EPL teamsπŸ˜‚ money na ur mate😁
2[b]. Saint maximin- na that guy and wilson make me like Newcastle. At a prime age of 26, Baba choose money over champions league football and a chance for a place in france squad[/b]πŸ˜‚
3. Sergej MilinkoviΔ‡-SaviΔ‡ (SMS) - he was the pillar of Lazio last season that made them finished in second position in serie. At a prime age 27, he choosed Saudi over champions league football 😁
4. Brozovic - even at 31, he was still been chased by Europe big clubs, but then, he opted for Saudi.
5. Ruben Neves
6. Mahrez

The others nor surprise me

Correct! πŸ‘

St. Maximin reminds alot of JAYJAY OKOCHA in 1997,1998.
Fast, Strong and Skilful and has Powerful Shots too!πŸ˜ŠπŸ™‚

If He remained in EPL and continued with such Fine performances,
Maybe Barca or Real Madrid would have Snapped him up like Modric, Bale, Suarez, Raphinha, etc.πŸ€¨πŸ˜’

Quite a Pity he followed Money! sad
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Beverlyjean(f): 10:31am On Sep 03, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Okocha is the Richest because he INVESTED his Money.
Not because he played in Turkish or Qatar league. πŸ˜•

Dude WASTED his Career.πŸ˜ŸπŸ˜’

He would have been @ Par with Zinedine Zidane, Ronaldo delima and Ronaldihno as the Greatest of the 1990's/ Early 2000's,
But he Greedily went for Money!πŸ™πŸ˜•

If Osihmen wins Nations Cup and Uefa Champions League, this Generation will claim He is Better than Okocha! sad

Even in 2012, 2013, some Peeps were Arguing that Mr Back pass, Mikel Obi was Better than Okocha
because he won UCL with Chelsea and Nations cup with Nigeria.πŸ€¨πŸ˜•

Oshimhen can't be better than okocha even if he wins the nations Cup...which I doubt he would...and he can't win the CL with napoli ... players like maximus, jota and gabierl are all young talents that have joined Saudi pro ... he will be a fool to turn down 1m dollars a week wages with just 15% tax ...meaning he will be taking home 850k dollars weekly... presently, he earns 200k with a 50 % tax ...meaning that he takes home 100k a week ...

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Vinnie2000(m): 10:44am On Sep 03, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Oshimhen can't be better than okocha even if he wins the nations Cup...which I doubt he would...and he can't win the CL with napoli ... players like maximus, jota and gabierl are all young talents that have joined Saudi pro ... he will be a fool to turn down 1m dollars a week wages with just 15% tax ...meaning he will be taking home 850k dollars weekly... presently, he earns 200k with a 50 % tax ...meaning that he takes home 100k a week ...

Hehehehe.

I just dey look you, dey Laugh.😏

If Nigeria wins the Upcoming 2024 Nations Cup and Osihmen scored 4,5goals,
he will be Hailed by Naija Fans as the GREATEST in Nigera's History.πŸ€¨πŸ™

Kanu Nwankwo that never Scored a single AFCON goal is placed Above Okocha by some folks.πŸ™

Even Mikel Obi that was an Average midfielder was compared to Okocha.πŸ˜•

If Mikel had by Mistake, won African Player of the year in 2013,
He would have been Rated above Okocha today. sad

Okocha truly SPOILED his Career with Bad Moves. embarassed undecided

Osihmen should be Wise and Stay in Europe! πŸ€¨πŸ™‚
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by frog12: 11:37am On Sep 03, 2023
and you are misguided like your name implies when nigeria is bad

Nigeriagood:
as your name implies,you have a brain of a frog

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by geoworldedu: 11:49am On Sep 03, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Can you compare European Trophies like EPL, Serie A, UEFA champions league,etc with Saudi trophies?

Even in Europe, you canNOT compare winning Romanian or Belgian league as a Player to Winning La liga or Serie A.πŸ˜’

Why do you think Ronaldo went to Saudi after he had won Everything in Europe?πŸ™

Why do you think Mbappe REJECTED his Saudi Suitors?πŸ˜πŸ˜•
You can't start something great by not starting at all. Saudi is trying to build their football to European standard and it isn't a forbidden thing to do. If Arab Champions league looks like nonsense at the moment, eventually if it becomes very strong in the future, the winners of today will be counted as past winners too. Remember Uruguay won the world cup when it's only 4 or 8 teams that are playing it, yet it doesn't make them less a winner.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Beverlyjean(f): 11:52am On Sep 03, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Hehehehe.

I just dey look you, dey Laugh.😏

If Nigeria wins the Upcoming 2024 Nations Cup and Osihmen scored 4,5goals,
he will be Hailed by Naija Fans as the GREATEST in Nigera's History.πŸ€¨πŸ™

Kanu Nwankwo that never Scored a single AFCON goal is placed Above Okocha by some folks.πŸ™

Even Mikel Obi that was an Average midfielder was compared to Okocha.πŸ˜•

If Mikel had by Mistake, won African Player of the year in 2013,
He would have been Rated above Okocha today. sad

Okocha truly SPOILED his Career with Bad Moves. embarassed undecided

Osihmen should be Wise and Stay in Europe! πŸ€¨πŸ™‚

Story... okocha won Afcon and Olympics.... Mikel also won Afcon so as Emenike that finished as top scorer ...but still , okocha still remains the greatest Nigerian player of all time... He was so good that they named him twice

Reason I laugh at Messi fans cos posterity will always judge ... awards are nonsense. So if Messi likes, let him win 20 balon dors... Ronaldo will still remain the greatest.... kanu, Ikpeba , Amunike , Yekini all won African best player, won trophies... but still okocha that dint win African best remains the greatest ...they once gave the award to Diof of Senegal against okocha ... still no one remembers Diof ...but okocha is still on everyone's lips

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by KingLion007(m): 12:34pm On Sep 03, 2023
Vinnie2000:
Some Footballers in Top European Leagues Surprisingly moved to Saudi Arabia.
While some were Past their Prime, Others were 26,27 Active Footballers! πŸ€¨πŸ™‚

*Sadio Mane
*Riyad Mahrez
*Allain St Maximin
*Ruben Nevez
*Neymar Jnr
*Eduado Mendy
*Jordan Henderson
*Fabihno
*Karim Benzema
*Etc.

WHICH PLAYER'S MOVING TO SAUDI ARABIA SURPRISED YOU, the most?πŸ€”πŸ™‚

MINE is: Yacinne Bonou of Sevilla and Morrocco!
That Keeper was Arguably the BEST Keeper in Europe!
Couldn't believe he could go to Saudi!πŸ˜’

WHAT'S YOURS?
Nplfmod. smiley
NONE coz these dude plays for money not passion.. that's why you and I keep losing every weekend to betting.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by KingLion007(m): 12:36pm On Sep 03, 2023
Vinnie2000:

And who told you they regretted it?.. Look at their life's and wealth... Bros forget that thing.. Football is about money.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Santoirino(m): 12:40pm On Sep 03, 2023
Ronaldo,benzema and mane

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by KingLion007(m): 12:55pm On Sep 03, 2023
victory36:
All these one you are saying is story for the gods. Most Players play for the money, it's not trophies that will sustain them after retirement. My own take is that they should use the money wisely. Those who play for passion can keep on playing in Europe. It's their personal choice/life not ours to decide.
Spot on bruh. They shouldn't go bankrupt
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Vinnie2000(m): 2:05pm On Sep 03, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Story... okocha won Afcon and Olympics.... Mikel also won Afcon so as Emenike that finished as top scorer ...but still , okocha still remains the greatest Nigerian player of all time... He was so good that they named him twice

Reason I laugh at Messi fans cos posterity will always judge ... awards are nonsense. So if Messi likes, let him win 20 balon dors... Ronaldo will still remain the greatest.... kanu, Ikpeba , Amunike , Yekini all won African best player, won trophies... but still okocha that dint win African best remains the greatest ...they once gave the award to Diof of Senegal against okocha ... still no one remembers Diof ...but okocha is still on everyone's lips

Lolsss.. cheesyπŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Wetin bring Messi to this Matter now? πŸ˜’

Anyways, Truth remains:

As a Young Talent, playing for Saudi Arabia league or any Unknown leagues
Doesn't bring Glory to your name.πŸ˜’

Dat's how Incredible Hulk of Brazil left Porto to Russian league and killed his career.😟
Same with Redhot Striker, Jackson Martinez of same Porto, who left for an unknown league.😌

If Osihmen becomes GREEDY like Okocha, na him Sabi. πŸ˜πŸ˜•
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by IkePeters(m): 2:05pm On Sep 03, 2023
Neymar

Vinnie2000:
Some Footballers in Top European Leagues Surprisingly moved to Saudi Arabia.

*Sadio Mane
*Riyad Mahrez
*Allain St Maximin
*Ruben Nevez
*Neymar Jnr
*Eduado Mendy
*Jordan Henderson
*Fabihno
*Karim Benzema
*Etc.

WHICH PLAYER'S MOVING TO SAUDI ARABIA SURPRISED YOU, the most?πŸ€”πŸ™‚

MINE is: Yacinne Bonou of Sevilla and Morrocco!
That Keeper was Arguably the BEST Keeper in Europe!
Couldn't believe he could go to Saudi!πŸ˜’

WHAT'S YOURS?
Nplfmod. smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Premier League Now On Bet9ja (snapshot) / Pictures of Arsenal Players In Nigeria / Epl Fixtures: Newly Promoted Side Faces The Impossible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.