Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

God Told Me I Was Born For This -pastor Ghandi Olaoye - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / God Told Me I Was Born For This -pastor Ghandi Olaoye (615 Views)

Olaoye: Court Sacks Soun Of Ogbomoso, Orders Fresh Selection process / RCCG Pastor, Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye Is The Soun Of Ogbomoso / God Told Me To Become Soun Of Ogbomoso – RCCG's Pastor Olaoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Told Me I Was Born For This -pastor Ghandi Olaoye by farem: 12:12am On Sep 03, 2023
GOD TOLD ME I WAS BORN FOR THIS
-Pastor Ghandi Olaoye

The new Soun of Ogbomoso, Oba Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye, has cleared the air concerning his ascension to the stool of his forefathers, claiming that he accepted the role because God told him to do so.

Speaking to members of his Church in a video posted on Facebook, the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Jesus House, Washington DC pastor said he did not accept his new role because he had nothing else to do.

Hinting that he had planned to retire from the pastoral ministry after 30 years of service, Olaoye said his plan was to travel the world after his retirement.

He, however, said he was born into a royal family and entitled to the throne of Ogbomoso.

Olaoye, who apologised to his members for “any embarrassment” they might have “felt by what has been happening on social media,” saying he was “genuinely sorry,” explained that he had served at Jesus House for 26 years and the Church had become his family.

Olaoye said, “While I was in Nigeria in December, the king of our town died. I’m really close to the family because, like I said, I’m from a royal family.

“After the Oyewumis, the Ajagungbades…my family is next. Everybody from Ogbomoso who is familiar with the tradition knows that. And I, of course, knew about that.

“But I was not interested in it at all, because I believed that I had gone on a completely different part.”

Olaoye said his father also never told him that he could become the Soun of Ogbomoso if he wanted to be, so he never had any intention of becoming the king of the ancient town.

He said people close to him and knew his family was the next to ascend the throne began to call him and to ask him to consider taking up the throne.

Olaoye said he called his spiritual father, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor E.A. Adeboye, to intimate him of the situation. He said when he told Adeboye that he was not interested, the G.O. asked him not to say that but to fast and pray about it.

He said he did not take the advice seriously as he did not pray about it.

He, however, said that he heard God tell him on January 2, 2022, that becoming the Soun of Ogbomoso was his destiny.

The next thing I heard, clearly, ‘You were born for this; this is the reason for your birth.’

“That’s what I heard. Of course, that’s not what I was expecting. But, let me tell you this, when I hear, I am 10/10” he said.

Copyright PUNCH.

Re: God Told Me I Was Born For This -pastor Ghandi Olaoye by Lessonteacher(f): 12:16am On Sep 03, 2023
liar
Re: God Told Me I Was Born For This -pastor Ghandi Olaoye by Nobody: 12:47am On Sep 03, 2023
God told me to ask you to shut up!
Re: God Told Me I Was Born For This -pastor Ghandi Olaoye by rinzaugustine: 12:52am On Sep 03, 2023
Na followers I blame for church that somebody will use one hand to carry juju the other for Bible
Re: God Told Me I Was Born For This -pastor Ghandi Olaoye by talented321: 1:04am On Sep 03, 2023
Is a free world my man, do what soothe s you.
Retiring from church is a normal stuff or do you sign any agreement with anybody..
People codemning the man what is his crime, he said it is god that direct him to be soun of ogbomosa, yes according to the bible god work in misterious ways and we can't question him..
The bible god kill and sacrifice his own son to pay for our sins instead of killing devil the one causing the menace. So don't be quick to condemn Ghandi olaoye why? Because god work in mysterious ways and we can't question him.. Ghandi olaoye may be right if you read your bible from the old testament to the new testament...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Told Me I Was Born For This -pastor Ghandi Olaoye by wrongman665(m): 2:08am On Sep 03, 2023
Nonsense....
i waste my time reading this angry
Re: God Told Me I Was Born For This -pastor Ghandi Olaoye by izonborn098(m): 2:24am On Sep 03, 2023
Re: God Told Me I Was Born For This -pastor Ghandi Olaoye by b3llo(m): 7:09am On Sep 03, 2023
Who go reject a luxurious lifestyle all taken care of by the government I don't see that mortal yet.
Re: God Told Me I Was Born For This -pastor Ghandi Olaoye by Righteousness2(m): 9:06am On Sep 03, 2023
There is nothing wrong for a Child of God to become king.
What will be wrong will be if he goes there and continues or joins any barbaric act that goes on there in the name of anything.
Re: God Told Me I Was Born For This -pastor Ghandi Olaoye by farem: 5:11pm On Sep 03, 2023
Lessonteacher:
liar

A pained virus that has been demonically programmed to failure.
Someone said this well over a year ago and has come to an astounding fulfilment despite all of una struggles, and you still open your gutter to spew this.
Re: God Told Me I Was Born For This -pastor Ghandi Olaoye by farem: 5:14pm On Sep 03, 2023
b3llo:
Who go reject a luxurious lifestyle all taken care of by the government I don't see that mortal yet.

Did you just say luxurious lifestyle? Poverty is a bastard. You mean Mr Ghandi will retire into government luxury or luxurious lifestyle retiring into him!
Re: God Told Me I Was Born For This -pastor Ghandi Olaoye by b3llo(m): 5:29pm On Sep 03, 2023
farem:

Did you just say luxurious lifestyle? Poverty is a bastard. You mean Mr Ghandi will retire into government luxury or luxurious lifestyle retiring into him!
Na only you know wetin u type

(1) (Reply)

Join Lots Of Igbo's On This Forum Made For Igbos I Just Saw It / When The Devil Rides On Your Chest! / Brazilian Prostitutes Keen To "Learn The Lingo" For 2014 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.