Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

8 Important Reasons For Praising God As Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 8 Important Reasons For Praising God As Christians (4620 Views)

Muslim Allows Pastor Sleep In A Mosque As Christians Refused Him Accommodation / 8 Important Ways We Can Pray To God As Christians / Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Important Reasons For Praising God As Christians by Raycelove: 6:17am On Sep 03, 2023
Here are Eight important reasons for praising God as Christians

1) By accepting Jesus as the Lord of your and receiving fresh spiritual baptism of the Holy Spirit.

2) Praise is an easy way of getting God's approval during prayers & supplication.

3) Praise is the simplest method of offering any thanksgiving to God.

4) Praise is a strategic spiritual weapon in the hand of any christain.

5) Praise and thanksgiving makes us acknowledge God and in return He gives us more of His understanding, knowledge, wisdom and power.

6) Praising God brings more joy and quick answers to our prayers and fasting.

7) It is an honor to give quality praise and thanksgiving to God.

8 ) By seeking more knowledge and understanding on praise & thanksgiving for our personal development.

Amen.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Important Reasons For Praising God As Christians by Raycelove: 6:34am On Sep 03, 2023
Bible verses on Praise

Proverbs 3:5-6, 9, 13-18 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.
For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold.
She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.
Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour.
Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace.
She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her.
Mark 11:22-26 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

Mark 4:13-20 And he said unto them, Know ye not this parable? and how then will ye know all parables?
The sower soweth the word.
And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.
And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness;
And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.
And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word,
And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.
And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.

Psalms 113:1-3 Praise ye the LORD. Praise, O ye servants of the LORD, praise the name of the LORD.
Blessed be the name of the LORD from this time forth and for evermore.
From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the LORD'S name is to be praised.

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

Psalms 67:5-7 Let the people praise thee, O God; let all the people praise thee.
Then shall the earth yield her increase; and God, even our own God, shall bless us.
God shall bless us; and all the ends of the earth shall fear him.

Psalms 92:1 It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High:

Psalms 100:4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

Psalms 103:1-2 Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
Psalms 3:3-5 But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.
I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah.
I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me.

John 6:11 And Jesus took the loaves; and when he had given thanks, he distributed to the disciples, and the disciples to them that were set down; and likewise of the fishes as much as they would.

John 11:41-44 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.
And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.
And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.
And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Psalms 114:7 Tremble, thou earth, at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the God of Jacob;

James 5:13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.

Psalms 8:1-2 O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.
Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.

Matthew 21:16 And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say? And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?

Romans 8:29-30 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Romans 9:10-17 And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;
(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that callethwink
It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

Psalms 147:1 Praise ye the LORD: for it is good to sing praises unto our God; for it is pleasant; and praise is comely.

2 Samuel 6:14 And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod.

Psalms 67:5-7 Let the people praise thee, O God; let all the people praise thee.
Then shall the earth yield her increase; and God, even our own God, shall bless us.
God shall bless us; and all the ends of the earth shall fear him.

Deuteronomy 28:47-48 Because thou servedst not the LORD thy God with joyfulness, and with gladness of heart, for the abundance of all things;
Therefore shalt thou serve thine enemies which the LORD shall send against thee, in hunger, and in thirst, and in unclothedness, and in want of all things: and he shall put a yoke of iron upon thy neck, until he have destroyed thee.
Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Colossians 3:16-17 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
2 Chronicles 20:15-20 And he said, Hearken ye, all Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem, and thou king Jehoshaphat, Thus saith the LORD unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God's.
To morrow go ye down against them: behold, they come up by the cliff of Ziz; and ye shall find them at the end of the brook, before the wilderness of Jeruel.
Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the LORD will be with you.
And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground: and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell before the LORD, worshipping the LORD.
And the Levites, of the children of the Kohathites, and of the children of the Korhites, stood up to praise the LORD God of Israel with a loud voice on high.
And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.

Acts 16:25-26 And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.
And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.

Habakkuk 3:18-19 Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.
The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.
Psalms 92:12-13 The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
Those that be planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God.

Acts 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Psalms 16:11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
1 Corinthians 1:26-29 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
That no flesh should glory in his presence.

1 Corinthians 10:10-11 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.
Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

Numbers 11:1 And when the people complained, it displeased the LORD: and the LORD heard it; and his anger was kindled; and the fire of the LORD burnt among them, and consumed them that were in the uttermost parts of the camp.

Matthew 11:1 And it came to pass, when Jesus had made an end of commanding his twelve disciples, he departed thence to teach and to preach in their cities.

Job 9:4 He is wise in heart, and mighty in strength: who hath hardened himself against him, and hath prospered?

1 Corinthians 14:15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

Exodus 15:11 Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?

3 Likes

Re: 8 Important Reasons For Praising God As Christians by Raycelove: 6:11am On Sep 10, 2023
We believe you are blessed by the teachings.

1 Like

Re: 8 Important Reasons For Praising God As Christians by ReacherSaidNoth: 9:18am On Nov 05, 2023
The only reason one could have for worshipping an imaginary, bloodthirsty, petty, vindictive, psychopathic, vile, slavery loving, genocide instructing, local deity from the Middle East, is fear mixed with a heavy dose of delusion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Important Reasons For Praising God As Christians by brian91(m): 9:20am On Nov 05, 2023
smiley
For me, Gift of life and sound health is a perfect reason.
As long the aboved are present, the might and power to making a good life should erupt.
Re: 8 Important Reasons For Praising God As Christians by wittywriter: 9:20am On Nov 05, 2023
Happy Sunday to all NLers earning via writing.

Wittyness.
Re: 8 Important Reasons For Praising God As Christians by Teslahh11: 9:26am On Nov 05, 2023
Good
Re: 8 Important Reasons For Praising God As Christians by hopefulLandlord: 9:33am On Nov 05, 2023
The Bible god has no iota of self belief. Everything he (reportedly) does is for glory and praise. He created humans for that and became very angry when they refused to acknowledge and praise him that he sent floods to drown everyone except an incestuous family and some animals in an ark. As if that wasn't enough he threaten to burn any of his human creatures who refuse to acknowledge and worship him forever and ever. Those who eventually make it to the place of bliss would live in where they'd spend eternity praising him forever and ever as a reward for praising him in their lifetimes. That place is what Christopher Hitchens called "Celestial North Korea"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Important Reasons For Praising God As Christians by PureFace1(m): 9:33am On Nov 05, 2023
2 churches around my street lost 2 fervent members to illness last week.

One literally collapsed and died in church premises and one died of asthma that could have easily be treated if he went to the hospital in time but he decided to wait for miracle at church, so delusional.

And your imaginary god only watched people masturbate while all these happened, he couldn't do anything to help them because he's fake.

Your god is so omnipotent and powerful but need people to continuously bark like a dog to him before he can listen to them, most Christians believe god have a plan for everything if he have a plan then why are you guys even praying in the first place ? Just leave your all powerful god to do his things you don't need to remind him and bark to him through out your life because he is omnipotent and omniscient and should already know what you need.

Christianity one of the most delusional, hypocritical and contradictory religions.

4 Likes

Re: 8 Important Reasons For Praising God As Christians by charleskl(m): 10:31am On Nov 05, 2023
Okay Sir....I just hope u don't learn the hard way
PureFace1:
2 churches around my street lost 2 fervent members to illness last week.

One literally collapsed and died in church premises and one died of asthma that could have easily be treated if he went to the hospital in time but he decided to wait for miracle at church, so delusional.

And your imaginary god only watched people masturbate while all these happened, he couldn't do anything to help them because he's fake.

Your god is so omnipotent and powerful but need people to continuously bark like a dog to him before he can listen to them, most Christians believe god have a plan for everything if he have a plan then why are you guys even praying in the first place ? Just leave your all powerful god to do his things you don't need to remind him and bark to him through out your life because he is omnipotent and omniscient and should already know what you need.

Christianity one of the most delusional, hypocritical and contradictory religions.
Re: 8 Important Reasons For Praising God As Christians by Exceed15: 11:18am On Nov 05, 2023
Apt.. Happy Sunday.
Re: 8 Important Reasons For Praising God As Christians by ablejesus26(m): 11:58am On Nov 05, 2023
ReacherSaidNoth:
The only reason one could have for worshipping an imaginary, bloodthirsty, petty, vindictive, psychopathic, vile, slavery loving, genocide instructing, local deity from the Middle East, is fear mixed with a heavy dose of delusion.

You can type this nonsense here but must swear an Oath to type same bullcrap on a Muslim thread undecided

Seun what's the mindset or sponsoring thought behind swearing an oath on Muslim threads when people can write thrash on a Christian thread undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Important Reasons For Praising God As Christians by PureFace1(m): 1:02pm On Nov 05, 2023
charleskl:
Okay Sir....I just hope u don't learn the hard way

Christians have been learning the hard way since ages.

Most Christians suffer through out life and expect reward after death, Christianity is just a dealth cult always preaching doom and fear.

And what is the reward ? just singing and praising one narcissistic entity for eternity is that not eternal slavery and punishment ? what's the fun in that ? i did rather rest in peace eternally with no awakening

Most of you are going to be so disappointed that you have been deceived by slave masters all your lives, those Islamic fanatics that terrorise the world also have deep belief like you people , expecting 72 virgins after death lol.

The most ironic thing is you delusional people think your religion is the better one and the real deal lol

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Should Pastors In Nigeria Pay Tax? / Prophet Uebert Angel Vs Prophet T.B Joshua / TRAGEDY! Tears As Crocodile Devours Pastor While Baptizing His Members(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.