Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,030 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Things You Should Stop Doing In Life For Your Self-respect - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Things You Should Stop Doing In Life For Your Self-respect (2442 Views)

Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. / See What These Students Are Doing In Class / What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Should Stop Doing In Life For Your Self-respect by Nkem96: 8:28am On Sep 03, 2023
1. Stop begging for love or attention - I live by the principle “If they wanted to they would”. Don't form excuses for their behaviors, they show you who they are accept it and leave.

2. Stop going to places where you aren't invited or valued - doesn't matter how much you enjoy with them don't hang out if your presence isn't appreciated.

3. Stop trying to change others - that's the worst thing you can do to yourself. I will change him or her. No. You are not their mommy, invest in yourself for your goal. They are wrong, but they might be right for someone else. Find who is right for you.

4. Stop giving explanations - to ones who don't matter to you or will not matter in the coming years. Stop. Let them have whatever opinions they want to have about you, don't entertain them. Not worth it.

5. Stop putting others before you - as long as they aren't your parents or siblings. No one cares about that charity behavior when there is competition. First, save yourself then help others. This won't make you selfish at all. Show charity and a selfless attitude where it is needed. Leaving opportunities for others, umm I won't suggest. You got that opportunity because you deserve it, go and make the best out of it. And don't forget to wish good for others. Stay humble and grounded.

Hope this helps.
Keep smiling smiley

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Things You Should Stop Doing In Life For Your Self-respect by Elliotwaveforec: 9:40am On Sep 03, 2023
Seconded!

6 Likes

Re: Things You Should Stop Doing In Life For Your Self-respect by BenedictAbajue(m): 11:28am On Sep 03, 2023
Make I book space before I read finish

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Stop Doing In Life For Your Self-respect by IketownNigeria: 11:39am On Sep 03, 2023
Fact, if I notice any snobbish attitude from you , when next I pass you we be strangers lmao

11 Likes

Re: Things You Should Stop Doing In Life For Your Self-respect by LordIsaac(m): 11:59am On Sep 03, 2023
Nice piece!

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Stop Doing In Life For Your Self-respect by Michelle55: 12:26pm On Sep 03, 2023
Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: Things You Should Stop Doing In Life For Your Self-respect by 007kjb: 1:20pm On Sep 03, 2023
RUBBISH

WHY NOT CREATE YOUR OWN PLANET

3 Likes

Re: Things You Should Stop Doing In Life For Your Self-respect by Clickairtravels: 1:25pm On Sep 03, 2023
You made my day.
Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Stop Doing In Life For Your Self-respect by Evestar200(f): 2:38pm On Sep 03, 2023
Let me book this space
Re: Things You Should Stop Doing In Life For Your Self-respect by Chasito(m): 2:52pm On Sep 03, 2023
Nice write up
Re: Things You Should Stop Doing In Life For Your Self-respect by Lucasinho(m): 4:06pm On Sep 03, 2023
cheesy
Re: Things You Should Stop Doing In Life For Your Self-respect by sacajawea: 5:23pm On Sep 03, 2023
Abeghi jare
Put Prick inside toto, make you enjoy life

2 Likes

Re: Things You Should Stop Doing In Life For Your Self-respect by aurecia: 6:45pm On Sep 03, 2023
Nkem96:
1. Stop begging for love or attention - I live by the principle “If they wanted to they would”. Don't form excuses for their behaviors, they show you who they are accept it and leave.

2. Stop going to places where you aren't invited or valued - doesn't matter how much you enjoy with them don't hang out if your presence isn't appreciated.

3. Stop trying to change others - that's the worst thing you can do to yourself. I will change him or her. No. You are not their mommy, invest in yourself for your goal. They are wrong, but they might be right for someone else. Find who is right for you.

4. Stop giving explanations - to ones who don't matter to you or will not matter in the coming years. Stop. Let them have whatever opinions they want to have about you, don't entertain them. Not worth it.

5. Stop putting others before you - as long as they aren't your parents or siblings. No one cares about that charity behavior when there is competition. First, save yourself then help others. This won't make you selfish at all. Show charity and a selfless attitude where it is needed. Leaving opportunities for others, umm I won't suggest. You got that opportunity because you deserve it, go and make the best out of it. And don't forget to wish good for others. Stay humble and grounded.

Hope this helps.
Keep smiling smiley
. Thanks for this great piece.
Re: Things You Should Stop Doing In Life For Your Self-respect by Rickmann: 7:14pm On Sep 03, 2023
Nkem96:

Hope this helps.
Keep smiling smiley

i totally agree.
Re: Things You Should Stop Doing In Life For Your Self-respect by adedayo3193(m): 9:43pm On Sep 03, 2023
I really needed that boost, thanks op
Re: Things You Should Stop Doing In Life For Your Self-respect by Gadafii: 10:06pm On Sep 03, 2023
Stop sending urgent 2k too

3 Likes

Re: Things You Should Stop Doing In Life For Your Self-respect by Freelancerr(m): 10:06pm On Sep 03, 2023
cheesy
Re: Things You Should Stop Doing In Life For Your Self-respect by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 11:10pm On Sep 03, 2023
You nor lie in a way....but if I don't help, I can't sleep...I will be uncomfortable until I deliver..

I need help..I need to learn how to be wicked...but if I try am lasan...I go dey think,dey think, dey think....if I never do the help...I can't rest.

I'm in trouble I know...na God fault

Re: Things You Should Stop Doing In Life For Your Self-respect by Zonefree(m): 11:28pm On Sep 03, 2023
OyeofIkoTuN:
You nor lie in a way....but if I don't help, I can't sleep...I will be uncomfortable until I deliver..

I need help..I need to learn how to be wicked...but if I try am lasan...I go dey think,dey think, dey think....if I never do the help...I can't rest.

I'm in trouble I know...na God fault

Be Evil...the devil will take the blame.

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Stop Doing In Life For Your Self-respect by Babaibeji2020(m): 2:32am On Sep 04, 2023
IketownNigeria:
Fact, if I notice any snobbish attitude from you , when next I pass you we be strangers lmao

(1) (Reply)

Strike: We’ve Kept Our Promises With ASUU – FG / Check Out These Stunning Pictures Of Clairemac School Pupils On Their New Unifor / LARGEST 3D PRINTED BRIDGE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.