Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,309 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Sacked-nddc Board Chairperson, Lauretta Onochie Becomes Stranded, Homeless After - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sacked-nddc Board Chairperson, Lauretta Onochie Becomes Stranded, Homeless After (778 Views)

Frm NDDC Chair: Lauretta Onochie Becomes Stranded, Homeless After Fleeing To UK / Lauretta Onochie Stranded, Homeless In The UK - Saharareporters / APC Suspends NDDC Chairperson, Lauretta Onochie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sacked-nddc Board Chairperson, Lauretta Onochie Becomes Stranded, Homeless After by ogododo: 10:13am On Sep 03, 2023
Multiple sources told SaharaReporters that Onochie fled Nigeria for the UK a few hours after the sacking.

The immediate past Chairman of the Governing Board of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), Lauretta Onochie, is currently stranded and homeless in the United Kingdom, SaharaReporters has gathered.

President Bola Tinubu on Tuesday approved the appointment of a new board and management of the NDDC after sacking the one led by Onochie.

Multiple sources told SaharaReporters that Onochie fled Nigeria for the UK a few hours after the sacking.

Her decision to leave Nigeria may be connected to the financial scandals that rocked the NDDC during her tenure as chairperson.

However, on getting to the UK, she moved to her cousin’s apartment in Barking town in East London, England but was rejected and kicked out of the property.

“Lauretta Onochie has fled to the UK and she’s currently homeless because she doesn’t have anywhere to stay. Seems she wasn’t expecting her dismissal yet. The President's decision really shocked her.

“On getting to the UK, she made an attempt to force herself into her cousin’s house in Salamanca Place, Barking Essex,” a family member who spoke to SaharaReporters on condition of anonymity, said.

“She started blackmailing her cousin emotionally to accept her into his house as she had nowhere else to go in the UK. She said she was a victim of a witch-hunt by the Tinubu government and that she needed somewhere she couldn’t be traced to for the time being.

“This is someone who abandoned her family members while in power; she didn’t even know the children of this cousin of hers till she got to his place during the week. Karma started too early if you asked me; a whole Lauretta now homeless in the UK.”

In one of the videos obtained by SaharaReporters, the former Personal Assistant Digital/Online Media to ex-President Muhammadu Buhari who is now stranded in the East London town, was being harassed by her cousin’s daughter over sharing a room with her.

“I have told my dad to call the cops again, you can’t stay in my house again. I don’t know you, leave our house,” the cousin’s daughter is heard saying.

In another video, the girl said, “Who are you? I don’t know her; she came in today and here is she harassing me.”

Despite criticisms that trailed her nomination in December 2022, the Senate confirmed Onochie as the substantive Chairman of NDDC.

Prior to her appointment, she was Buhari’s Special Assistant on New Media.

As the NDDC board chairperson, Onochie was accused of making multiple attempts to be the commission’s accounting officer, in disregard for the law.

According to Part IV (b) of the NDDC Act 2000, the Managing Director is the chief executive and accounting officer of the commission and is vested with the responsibility for the day-to-day administration of the agency.

The law gives the board a supervisory role over NDDC management.

In May, SaharaReporters reported how Onochie asked the Managing Director, Samuel Ogbuku, to gift her a mansion, cars and full control over contractors.

Her request was however not approved, according to sources.

“She wants to have full management control over staff, contractors and the executive management team. She wants to call the shots from a part-time, governing board perspective which is unknown to all civil service policies, the NDDC Establishment Act, the BPP and the supervising Ministry of Niger Delta to which we report,” a source had told SaharaReporters.

https:///HXx4nQzl34

https://saharareporters.com/2023/09/03/exclusive-sacked-nddc-board-chairperson-lauretta-onochie-becomes-stranded-homeless-after

1 Like

Re: Sacked-nddc Board Chairperson, Lauretta Onochie Becomes Stranded, Homeless After by Dpen11(f): 10:17am On Sep 03, 2023
Wow,so it was true
Re: Sacked-nddc Board Chairperson, Lauretta Onochie Becomes Stranded, Homeless After by Timoleon(m): 10:18am On Sep 03, 2023
Coc-k and bulls!
Re: Sacked-nddc Board Chairperson, Lauretta Onochie Becomes Stranded, Homeless After by ecolime(m): 10:20am On Sep 03, 2023
Sahara Reporters have turned to a gossip tabloid. No credibility again.. Chaii

BTW, I don't give a hoot about Lauretta undecided
Re: Sacked-nddc Board Chairperson, Lauretta Onochie Becomes Stranded, Homeless After by a4cube: 10:21am On Sep 03, 2023
That means she did not loot while in office. If she had looted, buying a property in the west should have been she target.

I don't believe this story anyway.

1 Like

Re: Sacked-nddc Board Chairperson, Lauretta Onochie Becomes Stranded, Homeless After by dawnomike(m): 10:23am On Sep 03, 2023
This can't be true... If it is, she's one of the dumbest people in the world
Re: Sacked-nddc Board Chairperson, Lauretta Onochie Becomes Stranded, Homeless After by Bridget95(f): 10:26am On Sep 03, 2023
I don't believe this sourceless tales
Re: Sacked-nddc Board Chairperson, Lauretta Onochie Becomes Stranded, Homeless After by NotMagicBishop: 10:27am On Sep 03, 2023
a4cube:
That means she did not loot while in office. If she had looted, buying a property in the west should have been she target.

I don't believe this story anyway.

Her funds are trapped and flagged after Emefile was sacked.
Re: Sacked-nddc Board Chairperson, Lauretta Onochie Becomes Stranded, Homeless After by jumper524(m): 10:28am On Sep 03, 2023
Damn.
Does it mean she's got no goodwill at all for her family members to harras her that way?
Here's the video.
https://twitter.com/SaharaReporters/status/1698250478876762509?s=19

Honestly I think the family took it way too personal on her, this is quite embarrassing, does she have no money at all to book an hotel pending when she gets an accommodation?

To the poster of this video, karma is not just 2 sided, it's still revolves.
She might be facing hers now, but your is sure definitely coming to you.

1 Like

Re: Sacked-nddc Board Chairperson, Lauretta Onochie Becomes Stranded, Homeless After by jumper524(m): 10:28am On Sep 03, 2023
dawnomike:
This can't be true... If it is, she's one of the dumbest people in the world
video is on twitter..
https://twitter.com/SaharaReporters/status/1698250478876762509?s=19
Re: Sacked-nddc Board Chairperson, Lauretta Onochie Becomes Stranded, Homeless After by Xscape1993(m): 10:54am On Sep 03, 2023
Evil woman, evil party, evil government, evil president...
Re: Sacked-nddc Board Chairperson, Lauretta Onochie Becomes Stranded, Homeless After by helinues: 11:03am On Sep 03, 2023
Homeless?

Hahaha Sahara Reporter's brain is homeless
Re: Sacked-nddc Board Chairperson, Lauretta Onochie Becomes Stranded, Homeless After by mrvitalis(m): 11:08am On Sep 03, 2023
She, Emefile, rochas ,onu, nwajuba, kalu and Ameachi have been used n dumped as usual

APC would never regard you as an Igbo man never

Now it's umiah, Hope, wike and few others turn Lmaooo
Re: Sacked-nddc Board Chairperson, Lauretta Onochie Becomes Stranded, Homeless After by ogododo: 11:15am On Sep 03, 2023
Nlfpmod, Mynd44. Nawa oo, palm wine drinker don become stranded, life no balance.
Re: Sacked-nddc Board Chairperson, Lauretta Onochie Becomes Stranded, Homeless After by tinsel: 11:18am On Sep 03, 2023
Re: Sacked-nddc Board Chairperson, Lauretta Onochie Becomes Stranded, Homeless After by TheGoat7: 5:34pm On Sep 09, 2023
Ok

(1) (Reply)

The Economy In 6 Months Of President Bola Tinubu / How Well Did You Know Nigeria Political History, Since 1999 / Flash Back : Arthur Nzeribe's Unbridled Bigotry And Hate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.