Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,816 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

University Of North Carolina Begins 3 Yoruba Courses - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of North Carolina Begins 3 Yoruba Courses (1179 Views)

Nigerian Law School Rejects Law Graduates Of North American Uni, Houdegbe / LAUTECH Staff Begins '3-Day On And 2-Day Off Strike' / SSANU Begins 3-day Warning Strike​ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

University Of North Carolina Begins 3 Yoruba Courses by blamingthedevil: 3:31pm On Sep 03, 2023
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA 🇺🇸 BEGINS 3 YORUBA COURSES (BEGINNER, INTERMEDIATE & EXPERT)
The University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill has introduces courses for the Yoruba language of West Africa in three levels OF 3 credits each.
Yoruba 401 - Elementary Level
Yoruba 402 - Beginners' Level (Elementary II)
Yoruba 403 - Intermediate Level
At the end of the third program 403, students are expected to be equipped with the basic elements of Yoruba language and culture. Significant oral and aural activities in the Yoruba language and will continue increasing their level of active vocabulary.
This adds to the growing list of American Universities that now offer Yoruba language both as credit unit courses and as degree programs, about 30 of them as at last counting, including; Harvard, Yale, Michigan, Cornell, Stanford, Howard, Indiana and more- Making Yoruba one of the most well studied African languages in America. Just in the past month, Eight new Yoruba language teachers were recruited into various U.S Universities to teach the West African language,

https://twitter.com/YorubaNationCH/status/1697984518987165908

3 Likes

Re: University Of North Carolina Begins 3 Yoruba Courses by raskymonojendor: 3:36pm On Sep 03, 2023
It's a WAWU

4 Likes

Re: University Of North Carolina Begins 3 Yoruba Courses by 001Lagos: 3:37pm On Sep 03, 2023
Not a big deal

Below s video of Chinese children learning Igbo language in school and even rocked the Igbos traditional red cap and the Igbos didn't make noise about it.

Everything shouldn't be news.

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbf5ugRHzT8

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: University Of North Carolina Begins 3 Yoruba Courses by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 03, 2023
001Lagos:
Not a big deal

Below s video of Chinese children learning Igbo language in school and even rocked the Igbos traditional red cap and the Igbos didn't make noise about it.

Video

Oloko giveaway what's this meaningless post?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: University Of North Carolina Begins 3 Yoruba Courses by 001Lagos: 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2023
IconicR:
Oloko giveaway what's this
Can you be responsible for once in your life

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of North Carolina Begins 3 Yoruba Courses by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 03, 2023
001Lagos:

Can you be responsible for once in your life
You haven't apologized for what you did yesterday, so I'll be in your neck till you do the needful
Re: University Of North Carolina Begins 3 Yoruba Courses by Malroux: 3:54pm On Sep 03, 2023
I'm Yoruba but we should stop celebrating mediocrity.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of North Carolina Begins 3 Yoruba Courses by 001Lagos: 3:56pm On Sep 03, 2023
IconicR:
You haven't apologized for what you did yesterday, so I'll be in your neck till you do the needful
Are you in Lagos ?

I wan give you location 😂

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: University Of North Carolina Begins 3 Yoruba Courses by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 03, 2023
001Lagos:

Are you in Lagos ?

I wan give you location 😂
I will fight dirty if you don't apologize
Ask around
Re: University Of North Carolina Begins 3 Yoruba Courses by LegendHero(m): 4:00pm On Sep 03, 2023
They are late to the party.

The below universities are already offering some Yoruba courses

—Cornell University
—Howard University
—Indiana University, Bloomington
—Morgan State University
—Stanford University
—University of Florida - Gainesville
—University of Georgia, Athens
—University of Texas at Austin
—College of Liberal Arts
—University of Wisconsin-Madison
—Yale University

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of North Carolina Begins 3 Yoruba Courses by 001Lagos: 4:00pm On Sep 03, 2023
IconicR:
I will fight dirty if you don't apologize
Ask around
Fight me dirty on Nairaland , no problem . But if you come at me in reality, I will whoop your ass

2 Likes

Re: University Of North Carolina Begins 3 Yoruba Courses by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 03, 2023
001Lagos:

Fight me dirty on Nairaland , no problem . But if you come at me in reality, I will whoop your ass
Apologize or you won't see me coming.
Re: University Of North Carolina Begins 3 Yoruba Courses by 001Lagos: 4:02pm On Sep 03, 2023
IconicR:
Apologize or you won't see me coming.
When you no be asake 😂
Re: University Of North Carolina Begins 3 Yoruba Courses by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 03, 2023
001Lagos:

When you no be asake 😂
Ok watch your back
Re: University Of North Carolina Begins 3 Yoruba Courses by ecolime(m): 4:38pm On Sep 03, 2023
Yoruba again? shocked

This oppression is much oo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of North Carolina Begins 3 Yoruba Courses by raskymonojendor: 5:18pm On Sep 03, 2023
001Lagos:
Not a big deal

Video

We are talking about higher learning institutions and this guy dey bring kindergarten kids grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of North Carolina Begins 3 Yoruba Courses by Reflect7: 5:23pm On Sep 03, 2023
Yoruba folks should not jump into the gutter with IPOB tribalists in point-scoring threads.

You are better than all this nonsense, and this is the 21st century.

This is not you. I know you guys don’t even feel good doing this, but you feel compelled to because of Igbo tribalism here.

They are collective narcissists, so whatever you throw at them gives them the ATTENTION and CONFLICT which is what all narcissists crave. It’s called ‘narcissistic supply’.

This news is no big deal. We all speak their English language and Americans haven’t started a thread online to boost themselves because of it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of North Carolina Begins 3 Yoruba Courses by yommen: 5:36pm On Sep 03, 2023
Reflect7:
Yoruba folks should not jump into the gutter with tribalists in point-scoring threads.

You are better than all this nonsense, and this is the 21st century.

This news is no big deal. We all speak their English language and Americans haven’t started a thread online to boost themselves because of it.

Alaye shift. It's a big achievement for the Yoruba Language!!! If it doesn't mean anything to you, it does to us. Some Yoruba lecturers will definitely gain employment through this and lives will be changed.

Moreso, peradventure Yoruba becomes a country of its own, things like this helps the reputation of the country already. So, Bro, it means a lot to the Language and the people.

Ibo Language being learnt in China is a beginning of good thing for the Ibo Language and the people too.

5 Likes

Re: University Of North Carolina Begins 3 Yoruba Courses by Reflect7: 5:44pm On Sep 03, 2023
yommen:

Alaye shift. It's a big achievement for the Yoruba Language!!! If it doesn't mean anything to you, it does to us. Some Yoruba lecturers will definitely gain employment through this and lives will be changed.

Moreso, peradventure Yoruba becomes a country of its own, things like this helps the reputation of the country already. So, Bro, it means a lot to the Language and the people.

Ibo Language being learnt in China is a beginning of good thing for the Ibo Language and the people too.

Small boy talking rubbish.

Do you think it’s today that foreigners began recognising Nigerian languages and Nigerian culture?

Do you know that as early as the 1980s, Things Fall Apart by Achebe was required reading in schools from America to India to the Soviet Union and more, and was translated to over 80 languages?

Do you know that they have taught Nigerian languages in some American universities since the 1980s at least?

Anyway, you be Indomie generation, so all I’m saying is Greek to you.

Outta here.

1 Like

Re: University Of North Carolina Begins 3 Yoruba Courses by DMerciful(m): 5:59pm On Sep 03, 2023
Celebration of mediocrity.

Nigeria is falling yet you guys are celebrating mediocrity. Why not divide the country so Yorubas have their own country? What are you afraid of?
LegendHero:
They are late to the party.

The below universities are already offering some Yoruba courses

—Cornell University
—Howard University
—Indiana University, Bloomington
—Morgan State University
—Stanford University
—University of Florida - Gainesville
—University of Georgia, Athens
—University of Texas at Austin
—College of Liberal Arts
—University of Wisconsin-Madison
—Yale University
Re: University Of North Carolina Begins 3 Yoruba Courses by starstaz(m): 6:01pm On Sep 03, 2023
Ronu 101 , 102 and 103

Ronu and Yoru 2...........'d
Re: University Of North Carolina Begins 3 Yoruba Courses by LegendHero(m): 6:01pm On Sep 03, 2023
DMerciful:
Celebration of mediocrity.

Nigeria is falling yet you guys are celebrating mediocrity. Why not divide the country so Yorubas have their own country? What are you afraid of?

What is the mediocrity in this?

And how does this concern Nigeria or the breakup?

By the way, why are you directing this to me? Shey na me go go find knife break Nigeria ni.

1 Like

Re: University Of North Carolina Begins 3 Yoruba Courses by DMerciful(m): 6:11pm On Sep 03, 2023
You're always promoting Yorubas, which is fair enough. Igbos promote Igbo, so why are we pretending in this one Nigeria?

We're just wasting our time, the only thing why we refused to accept dissolution of this contraption is Niger Delta oil
LegendHero:

What is the mediocrity in this?

And how does this concern Nigeria or the breakup?

By the way, why are you directing this to me? Shey na me go go find knife break Nigeria ni.
Re: University Of North Carolina Begins 3 Yoruba Courses by LegendHero(m): 6:19pm On Sep 03, 2023
DMerciful:
You're always promoting Yorubas, which is fair enough. Igbos promote Igbo, so why are we pretending in this one Nigeria?

We're just wasting our time, the only thing why we refused to accept dissolution of this contraption is Niger Delta oil

If they give me power today and ask me to break Nigeria, I will strike it immediately and break it off.

There is nothing one in this Nigeria, we are just tolerating one another. If I have the power, I will pack every other tribe living in Yorubaland and dump them in their respective states so they can have their own separate country.

But I am but one person. So stop trying to talk to me about breaking Nigeria, I am not an obstacle to that.

2 Likes

Re: University Of North Carolina Begins 3 Yoruba Courses by Benwallt(m): 6:27pm On Sep 03, 2023
raskymonojendor:

We are talking about higher learning institutions and this guy dey bring kindergarten kids grin

Na im own level be that
Re: University Of North Carolina Begins 3 Yoruba Courses by seanwilliam(m): 6:33pm On Sep 03, 2023
Malroux:
I'm Yoruba but we should stop celebrating mediocrity.
an how is this a mediocrity ?
Re: University Of North Carolina Begins 3 Yoruba Courses by Error401: 7:47pm On Sep 03, 2023
Some people will not be able to sleep today

blamingthedevil:
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA 🇺🇸 BEGINS 3 YORUBA COURSES (BEGINNER, INTERMEDIATE & EXPERT)
The University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill has introduces courses for the Yoruba language of West Africa in three levels OF 3 credits each.
Yoruba 401 - Elementary Level
Yoruba 402 - Beginners' Level (Elementary II)
Yoruba 403 - Intermediate Level
At the end of the third program 403, students are expected to be equipped with the basic elements of Yoruba language and culture. Significant oral and aural activities in the Yoruba language and will continue increasing their level of active vocabulary.
This adds to the growing list of American Universities that now offer Yoruba language both as credit unit courses and as degree programs, about 30 of them as at last counting, including; Harvard, Yale, Michigan, Cornell, Stanford, Howard, Indiana and more- Making Yoruba one of the most well studied African languages in America. Just in the past month, Eight new Yoruba language teachers were recruited into various U.S Universities to teach the West African language,

https://twitter.com/YorubaNationCH/status/1697984518987165908
Re: University Of North Carolina Begins 3 Yoruba Courses by youngsahito(m): 8:45pm On Sep 03, 2023
Yourba Language is gaining alot of memontum and recognition in the outside world. It's a great achievement to the omoluabis.
Yourba to the world!!!
Re: University Of North Carolina Begins 3 Yoruba Courses by Error401: 9:09pm On Sep 03, 2023
Some people will have high BP with this news
Re: University Of North Carolina Begins 3 Yoruba Courses by Zonefree(m): 11:37pm On Sep 03, 2023
yommen:

@bolded
How many UK lecturers gained employed to teach English language in our university? Abi don't we have English language as a course in our universities?

That guy told you nothing but the truth, we shouldn't be celebrating this nonsense.

Nigeria is an English speaking country, but we still have to take an IELTS course before we can school in UK schools, yet, you don't see UK people make noise about it...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Solve This And Get 5k / Nigerian Graduate Of Those Days And Today: Who Is Better? / When Is The Next High School Reunion ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.