Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,858 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Difference Between Bible Prophets And Modern Prophets - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Difference Between Bible Prophets And Modern Prophets (241 Views)

What Is The Difference Between Bible Doctrine And Church Doctrine? / Difference Between Bible Jesus & Koran .jesus (very Revealing) / Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between Bible Prophets And Modern Prophets by thinkmoney(m): 7:06pm On Sep 03, 2023
The difference between Bible prophets and our Modern prophets is in the brackets:

ELISHA-“This is what Yahweh says: ‘{Tomorrow (definite)} about this time at the gate of Sa·marʹi·a, a seah measure of fine flour will be worth a shekel...”

ADEBOYE-“Naira Will Bounce Back, Stronger Than Dollar {Soon(indefinite)}...”

GIVE US A DATE DADDY
Re: Difference Between Bible Prophets And Modern Prophets by Ajens1991: 7:44pm On Sep 03, 2023
You cannot say what you ain't sure of. Let the prophet breath please.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Bible Prophets And Modern Prophets by thinkmoney(m): 8:10pm On Sep 03, 2023
Ajens1991:
You cannot say what you ain't sure of. Let the prophet breath please.
What is it I am not sure of here?
Re: Difference Between Bible Prophets And Modern Prophets by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:12pm On Sep 03, 2023
thinkmoney:

What is it I am not sure of here?
Do you want to know how to IDENTIFY real servants of God today?

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Bible Prophets And Modern Prophets by thinkmoney(m): 8:33pm On Sep 03, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Do you want to know how to IDENTIFY real servants of God today?
Please help me
Re: Difference Between Bible Prophets And Modern Prophets by Kobojunkiee: 8:41pm On Sep 03, 2023
thinkmoney post=125554641[size=8pt:
]The difference between Bible prophets and our Modern prophets is in the brackets:
ELISHA-“This is what Yahweh says: ‘{Tomorrow (definite)} about this time at the gate of Sa·marʹi·a, a seah measure of fine flour will be worth a shekel...”
GIVE US A DATE DADDY[/size]
The last prophet of God sent by God of His Old Law was John the Baptist. Jesus Christ never promised to send any prophets into the world. So all of your modern day prophets are scammers and frauds. undecided

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Bible Prophets And Modern Prophets by thinkmoney(m): 8:58pm On Sep 03, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
The last prophet of God sent by God of His Old Law was John the Baptist. Jesus Christ never promised to send any prophets into the world. So all of your modern day prophets are scammers and frauds. undecided
Ok

But there were prophets in the New Testament too.
Re: Difference Between Bible Prophets And Modern Prophets by xproducer: 9:36pm On Sep 03, 2023
"Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said to me, “You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God.” For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy." - Revelation 19:10

"...remember the former things of old; for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me, declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose,’ calling a bird of prey from the east, the man of my counsel from a far country. I have spoken, and I will bring it to pass; I have purposed, and I will do it." - Isaiah 46:9-11
Re: Difference Between Bible Prophets And Modern Prophets by Kobojunkiee: 9:42pm On Sep 03, 2023
thinkmoney:
Ok
But there were prophets in the New Testament too.
First of all, those were prophets generated of God's Old Covenant, and not of the New Covenant at all. Second, at the time in question, --- the last days of God's Old Covenant Judgment against the Nation of Israel(and Judah inclusive) ---, God said that He would cause the sinners in the Land of Zion(Jerusalem as well) to prophesy and see visions- Joel 2 vs 28 - 30. So, non of the prophets were chosen by God in the way the Old prophets like Elisha and John the Baptist were chosen from their mothers' womb . Rather, the prophets that God made during the last days, after John the Baptist, existed as a sign of the end of days aka the sealing of prophets and visions as foretold by God through His former prophets. undecided
Re: Difference Between Bible Prophets And Modern Prophets by Puremind1225: 1:57am On Sep 04, 2023
thinkmoney:
The difference between Bible prophets and our Modern prophets is in the brackets:

GIVE US A DATE DADDY
They are simply not men of God;
They are simply con men deceiving people.
Re: Difference Between Bible Prophets And Modern Prophets by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:44am On Sep 04, 2023
thinkmoney:

Please help me
Lol.
Jesus is the one and only helper, he will save us all!

Regarding the Identity of his real disciples Jesus said:

“Be on the watch for the false prophets who come to you in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves. By their fruits you will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they? Likewise, every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit. A good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, nor can a rotten tree produce fine fruit. Every tree not producing fine fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Really, then, by their fruits you will recognize those men" Matthew 7:15-20

God told the Israelites how they can know false prophets in their midst {Deuteronomy 18:20-22} so to Israelites anybody whose prediction didn't come is a false prophet.
What about Jonah?
He said in 40 days Nineveh will be destroyed but that city lasted decades later!
So that sign is not for us but only the Israelites because Satan has the power to cause evil things to happen as well as seemingly good things and he can tell his agent to make predictions of what he's ready to do!

How do we identity Christ's disciples in our day?

Jesus talked about "FRUITS" this is something that can't be misconstrued.
WHY?
Because no tree produces more than one fruit so each tree has it's own unique FRUIT even though trees may have similar GIFTS.

Jesus likens himself to a tree planted by God {John 15:1} that means all the other religions should be viewed as trees too.
All the religions (trees) on this planet have GIFTS, beautiful worship centers, melodious songs, attractive festivals, faith healing and many more. If you're not careful such a religion when such a religion say they belong to Christ you will find it really difficult to doubt it.
So what fruit is expected of Christianity?

According to God's promises the earth will become a Paradise after the destruction of all evildoers {Psalms 37:9-11; Proverbs 2:20-22} so to prepare obedient mankind ready for the future blessings a global campaign must ensue that's what Christ Jesus commissioned in the first century {Matthew 28:19-20; Act 1:8} all those accepting Christ as King will form one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers, they will use God's word to settle all their disparities peacefully among themselves, divert their resources into production of food and information materials, erased the making, buying, selling and usage of destructive weapons and vow never to raise weapons against anyone again! Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

That is the evidence that Christ Jesus who is the Prince of Peace {Isaiah 9:6} is WORKING with them! Matthew 28:20

As for anyone bearing religious title Jesus said they're not his disciples {Matthew 23:8} even though they claim they're performing signs Jesus said he doesn't know them because they're not doing the will of his father {Matthew 7:21-23} the will of his father is to make the world a better place and it's humans in this system that will put on the new personality that fits into that arrangement {Ephesians 4:22-24} therefore any religion whose faith isn't WORKING/PRODUCING this FRUIT is FAKE! James 2:18-26

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Difference Between Bible Prophets And Modern Prophets by Kobojunkie: 5:21am On Sep 04, 2023
undecided

(1) (Reply)

The Mystery Of Balaam And The Donkey Explained. / How To Know You Are Being Recruited By A Cult And What You Should Do / Signs You Are Attending A Dead Or Dying Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.