Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,460 members, 7,850,605 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:36 AM

S - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / S (90 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

S by Chibuzor9000: 9:45am On Sep 04, 2023
SEUN IS SOFT ON TRIBALISTS ON HIS PLATFORM.

My quest for current information is insatiable.I could go any length to get updated with the latest gist in my environment.It is a habit I don't regret developing.Once the information is current and authentic, I am there.Actually,it was this penchance that drove me into exploring Nairaland platform.

My first contact with Nairaland dated back to more than 5 years ago.I liked the contents and desperately wanted to join but experienced some difficulties with my email address.I was glad when I finally signed up.Everything was fun but I noticed a deadly monster that could destroy the hard-earned image of the platform if urgent step is not taken to address it.It is the monster of ethnicity and tribalism.The youths in whose hands are the designing instruments for a better Nigeria are the worst perpetrators.It is really disheartening.

I do not expect the endless wrangling,name-calling,cheap propagation and blackmailing that exist between the lgbos and the Yorubas on Nairaland.It is uncalled for.Both tribes are awesome with their awesome peculiarities.The unique features of each of these tribes that could foster national unity,peace,progress and development should be extolled.Downplaying our strengths and focusing on irrelevant stereotypes is a new level of madness.

Seun,is not doing enough to rid Nairaland of tribal sentiments.Many flaunt the house rule on daily basis and get away with it.I suggest a stricter measures on tribalists on this platform.Perhaps technology can help.It is not going to be a bad idea to imploy the use of robot here.Let it be programmed in such a way that,it will first access a content for approval.ln that case,threads that have ethnic colouration wont be posted.Again,the comment section should be monitored to ensure that decorum is maintained.

(1) (Reply)

NCC To Eradicate The Issue Of Multiple Taxation In The Telecoms Industry / Nigeria Needs N21trn To Address Housing Deficit, Says Vp Shettima / Gullibility: Politicians' Potion On Nigerians.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.