Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Abayomi, Omotosho Named As Sanwo-Olu Sends New List Of Commissioner-nominees To - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abayomi, Omotosho Named As Sanwo-Olu Sends New List Of Commissioner-nominees To (16240 Views)

Fubara Sends Names Of 9 Commissioner-Nominees To House Of Assembly For Screening / President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate / Peter Obi Sends New Year Message To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abayomi, Omotosho Named As Sanwo-Olu Sends New List Of Commissioner-nominees To by Doubledaniel(m): 4:26pm On Sep 04, 2023
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has sent a second list of commissioner-nominees to the state Lagos state House of Assembly for screening and confirmation.

The house announced the receipt of the list of nominees during the plenary on Monday, September 4.

Former state commissioner for health, Prof. Akin Abayomi, Gbenga Omotosho, and others made the new list.

Earlier, the Assembly had rejected the reappointment of six former commissioners nominated by Sanwo-Olu for screening.

The former commissioners include Gbenga Omotoso (Information and strategy), Akin Abayomi (Health), and Sam Egube (Economic planning and budget).

Others are Cecilia Dada (Women affairs and poverty alleviation), Olalere Odusote (Energy resources) Folashade Adefisayo (Education).

The commissioners are among the 17 rejected nominees, a statement by the House’s information officer, Bisola Branco-Adekoya, revealed.

Meanwhile, the speaker of the Assembly, Mudashiru Obasa, had insisted that lawmakers were not “fighting” Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

His comments came about a week after the Lagos State House of Assembly rejected 17 of the 39 commissioner-nominees sent by Sanwo-Olu for screening.

Obasa, who presided over the plenary session on Monday, said no matter the threat by some persons, the Assembly will not reveal what it discovered during the screening of the rejected commissioner-nominees.

He also insisted he was trying to protect his party, the All Progressives Congress (APC).
https://politicsnigeria.com/abayomi-omotosho-named-as-sanwo-olu-sends-new-list-of-commissioner-nominees-to-lagos-assembly/

6 Likes

Re: Abayomi, Omotosho Named As Sanwo-Olu Sends New List Of Commissioner-nominees To by tunwumi: 4:34pm On Sep 04, 2023
Hummm

2 Likes

Re: Abayomi, Omotosho Named As Sanwo-Olu Sends New List Of Commissioner-nominees To by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 04, 2023
Sanwo should be awarded as one of the best governors
He's loyal and has really tried his best but ofcourse we know his best can't be enough for all
May God ease our affairs

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abayomi, Omotosho Named As Sanwo-Olu Sends New List Of Commissioner-nominees To by Alchemy528: 4:44pm On Sep 04, 2023
New week new list
Re: Abayomi, Omotosho Named As Sanwo-Olu Sends New List Of Commissioner-nominees To by Racoon(m): 5:34pm On Sep 04, 2023
The denial of Prof Akin Abayomi is a bad one for the Mudashiru Obasa led LASHA. This man deserves the health commissionership. I met him @ Lagos IDH in Yaba during the pandemic and I must say he a humanitarian personality

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abayomi, Omotosho Named As Sanwo-Olu Sends New List Of Commissioner-nominees To by AllenSpencer: 6:52pm On Sep 04, 2023
Party elders have given Sanwo a new list

1 Like

Re: Abayomi, Omotosho Named As Sanwo-Olu Sends New List Of Commissioner-nominees To by GeneralPula: 6:55pm On Sep 04, 2023
So, Prof. Akin Abayomi didn’t make the first list?

I surprise o..

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abayomi, Omotosho Named As Sanwo-Olu Sends New List Of Commissioner-nominees To by adioolayi(m): 6:55pm On Sep 04, 2023
To the Lagos State House of Assembly...you have courageously spoken loud and clear..

Your voices have been loudly heard...

It's time to move Lagos forward..

Make Una no let me swear for Una...Just pass Prof. Akin Abayomi straight grin cheesy grin cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abayomi, Omotosho Named As Sanwo-Olu Sends New List Of Commissioner-nominees To by proff010: 6:56pm On Sep 04, 2023
Eko oni baje

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abayomi, Omotosho Named As Sanwo-Olu Sends New List Of Commissioner-nominees To by DeZoro(m): 6:59pm On Sep 04, 2023
The Speaker has overrun his stay in the house..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abayomi, Omotosho Named As Sanwo-Olu Sends New List Of Commissioner-nominees To by Cromagnon: 7:00pm On Sep 04, 2023
GeneralPula:

The man is an Enigma..
mention one enigma besides awo that has done anything in Nigeria. No be by enigma o
Re: Abayomi, Omotosho Named As Sanwo-Olu Sends New List Of Commissioner-nominees To by Christistruth03: 7:00pm On Sep 04, 2023
Prof Abayomi is a gift

I will never forget the diligence with which he handled the COVID Crisis

He went far beyond the call of duty

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abayomi, Omotosho Named As Sanwo-Olu Sends New List Of Commissioner-nominees To by LIGHTROOM: 7:01pm On Sep 04, 2023
Watin kuoncern me

1 Like

Re: Abayomi, Omotosho Named As Sanwo-Olu Sends New List Of Commissioner-nominees To by ecolime(m): 7:03pm On Sep 04, 2023
Eko òní baje

3 Likes

Re: Abayomi, Omotosho Named As Sanwo-Olu Sends New List Of Commissioner-nominees To by sreamsense: 7:06pm On Sep 04, 2023
Another wahala for MURIC, governor is not looking towards religion decide but competence. If MURIC succeeds, it will not allow other subsequent government to rest

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abayomi, Omotosho Named As Sanwo-Olu Sends New List Of Commissioner-nominees To by WorldRichest: 7:12pm On Sep 04, 2023
Doubledaniel:

The former commissioners include Gbenga Omotoso (Information and strategy), Akin Abayomi (Health), and Sam Egube (Economic planning and budget).

Others are Cecilia Dada (Women affairs and poverty alleviation), Olalere Odusote (Energy resources) Folashade Adefisayo (Education).
https://politicsnigeria.com/abayomi-omotosho-named-as-sanwo-olu-sends-new-list-of-commissioner-nominees-to-lagos-assembly/

Sam Egube (Economic planning and budget). is a bastard for working for his people's enemies, the Yorubas

3 Likes

Re: Abayomi, Omotosho Named As Sanwo-Olu Sends New List Of Commissioner-nominees To by WorldRichest: 7:14pm On Sep 04, 2023
DeZoro:
The Speaker has overrun his stay in the house..

Don't let him hear you. He will send us to come and deal with you mercilessly, and we shall do as he says

1 Like

Re: Abayomi, Omotosho Named As Sanwo-Olu Sends New List Of Commissioner-nominees To by emperor863(m): 7:16pm On Sep 04, 2023
Racoon:
The denial of Prof Akin Abayomi is a bad one for the Mudashiru Obasa led LASHA. This man deserves the health commissionership. I met him a Lagos IDH @ Yaba during the pandemic and I must say he a humanitarian personality

However, he lost his ward and local government during the last elections in the state. If others had lost their wards, would he be talking of becoming a commissioner? That is the teal issue.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abayomi, Omotosho Named As Sanwo-Olu Sends New List Of Commissioner-nominees To by BALLOSKI: 7:20pm On Sep 04, 2023
I like how this speaker is stamping his feet!

It's been long I heard a speaker stand up to a governor like this. I'm sure he has the backing of Jagaba.

1 Like

Re: Abayomi, Omotosho Named As Sanwo-Olu Sends New List Of Commissioner-nominees To by Towncrier007(m): 7:24pm On Sep 04, 2023
Ok
Re: Abayomi, Omotosho Named As Sanwo-Olu Sends New List Of Commissioner-nominees To by JAMO84: 7:26pm On Sep 04, 2023
Lagos assembly have shown to the world that they are independent to some extent.

37 Likes

Re: Abayomi, Omotosho Named As Sanwo-Olu Sends New List Of Commissioner-nominees To by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:36pm On Sep 04, 2023
emperor863:

However, he lost his ward and local government during the last elections in the state. If others had lost their wards, would he be talking of becoming a commissioner? That is the teal issue.
so he should have Forced pple to vote APC?? Do u realize voters in his polling units have right to vote whoever they want and for whatever Party??did APC not lose katsina kaduna yobe during president polls so should we blame buhari from katsina El rufai from kaduna and current yobe gorvenor for the loss??

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abayomi, Omotosho Named As Sanwo-Olu Sends New List Of Commissioner-nominees To by ChristianMuslim: 7:47pm On Sep 04, 2023
Ministry of transportation should pay anti- okada their 4 month salary.. those people have families to feed.. they have school fees yo pay.. wetin happen
Re: Abayomi, Omotosho Named As Sanwo-Olu Sends New List Of Commissioner-nominees To by mannobi(m): 7:49pm On Sep 04, 2023
I think Obasa was trying to prevent Peter Obi supporters from getting Lagos appointment so that a repeat of the last election would not happen again.
In the last election, news has it that some people collected mobilisation funds yet went ahead to support Peter Obi. If not that the igbos shut themselves in the leg by confronting the yorubas that Lagos is a no man's land, APC would have lost the state.
The same thing is stylishly playing out in Ondo state right now. I believe the party leadership won't allow the governors wife sell the party to her people.
In all, Mr Sanwo-Olu should ensure that the party's interest is crucial to the continuity of APC in lagos.
Eko Oni baje o

7 Likes

Re: Abayomi, Omotosho Named As Sanwo-Olu Sends New List Of Commissioner-nominees To by Blackdisciple(m): 8:12pm On Sep 04, 2023
Just like his pay master in Abuja they don't know who is competent for a particular position....
Re: Abayomi, Omotosho Named As Sanwo-Olu Sends New List Of Commissioner-nominees To by DenreleDave(m): 8:27pm On Sep 04, 2023
Blackdisciple:
Just like his pay master in Abuja they don't know who is competent for a particular position....

Yen yen yen... The one in ur village nko grin grin

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abayomi, Omotosho Named As Sanwo-Olu Sends New List Of Commissioner-nominees To by commoditiesnig: 8:33pm On Sep 04, 2023
GeneralPula:

I surprised o..
I tell you bro.. politics eh!

1 Like

Re: Abayomi, Omotosho Named As Sanwo-Olu Sends New List Of Commissioner-nominees To by Ezmans: 8:44pm On Sep 04, 2023
IconicR:
Sanwo should be awarded as one of the best governors
He's loyal and has really tried his best but ofcourse we know his best can be enough for all
May God ease our affairs
please loyal to who?
Re: Abayomi, Omotosho Named As Sanwo-Olu Sends New List Of Commissioner-nominees To by Blackdisciple(m): 8:45pm On Sep 04, 2023
DenreleDave:

Yen yen yen... The one in ur village nko grin grin

The one in my village is a village head Na and he has done a lot walai more than this 4

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meeting Trump Yields Positive Results On Economy, Security, Anti-Graft- PMB Says / Fallout Of Ekiti APC Primary: Congressman Daramola Congratulates Fayemi / Constitutional Provisions For Defection —Falana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.