Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,365 members, 7,826,432 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Friends That Have Travelled Abroad - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Friends That Have Travelled Abroad (665 Views)

Meet 22-Year-Old Lexie Alford Who Has Travelled To Every Country In The World / How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? / "See What Somebody Did To Me" - Nigerian Man Who Travelled To Europe. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Friends That Have Travelled Abroad by slimjohn2k5: 7:35am On Sep 05, 2023
I noticed this trend with people that have travelled abroad that they don't have convenient time most time you call infact you need to schedule a call with them.

And when finally we are the phone they keep talking and on many occasions I am the one that do run away from the call.

Have anyone experienced this?
Re: Friends That Have Travelled Abroad by Ge0grapher(m): 6:22pm On Sep 05, 2023
Normal..different time zones ..even though you might have an Idea of when they should be less busy .. they might not actually be free.. but if you are schedule a call with them.. they plan properly and call you! if they are the one calling you, they don't have to worry about airtime cos it's very cheap.. na why Dem fit talk for 12 hours ..πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚
Re: Friends That Have Travelled Abroad by ednut1(m): 9:01pm On Sep 05, 2023
slimjohn2k5:
I noticed this trend with people that have travelled abroad that they don't have convenient time most time you call infact you need to schedule a call with them.

And when finally we are the phone they keep talking and on many occasions I am the one that do run away from the call.

Have anyone experienced this?
if the person is in North America, Asia or Australia for example their time zones are different. I have had phone calls at 5am my time while in Nigeria its like 10 am. You go pick? Some people might also be working shifts ( evenings or weekends) they can’t leave their work for phone calls na 😁
Re: Friends That Have Travelled Abroad by nomolos92: 12:19am On Sep 06, 2023
Ge0grapher:
Normal..different time zones ..even though you might have an Idea of when they should be less busy .. they might not actually be free.. but if you are schedule a call with them.. they plan properly and call you! if they are the one calling you, they don't have to worry about airtime cos it's very cheap.. na why Dem fit talk for 12 hours ..πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚

Airtime is cheap where?
I always recharge for people back home to call me cos it's far cheaper that way otherwise it's Whatsapp call
Re: Friends That Have Travelled Abroad by Viccur(m): 8:51am On Sep 06, 2023
nomolos92:

Airtime is cheap where?
I always recharge for people back home to call me cos it's far cheaper that way otherwise it's Whatsapp call
You mean calls from Nigeria is cheaper? I thought reverse is the case.
Re: Friends That Have Travelled Abroad by nomolos92: 6:46pm On Sep 06, 2023
Viccur:
You mean calls from Nigeria is cheaper? I thought reverse is the case.

No o

Smile voice is the best option tho
Re: Friends That Have Travelled Abroad by Ge0grapher(m): 8:23am On Sep 07, 2023
nomolos92:

Airtime is cheap where?

Wahala
Re: Friends That Have Travelled Abroad by Kenn55: 3:02pm On Sep 07, 2023
nomolos92:

Airtime is cheap where?

Which country do you live and how do you make your calls? Note if you use your normal line to make an international call directly, it's very expensive.
For many of us in North America, we call through voip for international calls which is very cheap. My calls to Nigeria costs me around 8 cents per minute so with just $1, I can call naija for about 12 minutes. In fact, some voips are even cheaper, I have been very lazy to shop around and compare prices. I have not made call to naija directly from my line before, it is always routed through a voip. You can Google to see options available in where you stay.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

University Of Icleland / What Does Family To Follow At A Later Date Means? Dv2010! / Relax

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.