Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,053 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria - Autos (336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria (823047 Views)

TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. / Clearing A Vehicle In Lagos / Know The Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by mafiaso9: 1:26pm On Nov 30, 2019
How much to clear these cars, all in container with msc.
2006 sienna
2004 pilot
2006 camry
2006 civic
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by oliverjiad(m): 1:53pm On Nov 30, 2019
ProtectMyMoney:

I am just curious... What makes Lexus gx470 :2017 and 2018...9m and 14m to clear?
If the cars are not new by mileage, that means 35%levy does not apply

Tell me, how much is the correct amount that will show on paper to clear the above vehicles, and how did your calculations arrive at 9m and 14m?

let the OP confirm the shipping line to me to know the best I give as clearing bff charges

Jaid
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by oliverjiad(m): 1:55pm On Nov 30, 2019
mafiaso9:
2006 sienna
2004 pilot
2006 camry
2006 civic
2006 sienna:#500k
2004 pilot:#500k
2006 civic:#450k
2006 camry:#450k

Regards

Jaid
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by ProtectMyMoney: 2:03pm On Nov 30, 2019
oliverjiad:
let the OP confirm the shipping line to me to know the best I give as clearing bff charges

Jaid

Okay I am really interested in this one to know the correct amount that will be on paper.
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by femmy2010(m): 3:04am On Dec 01, 2019
mafiaso9:
2006 sienna
2004 pilot
2006 camry
2006 civic

2006 sienna - N500k
2004 pilot - N550k(N50k extra because it is older than what is officially allowed in)
2006 Camry - N500k
2006 civic - N500k

Call 08036363467 or send an email to info@dudzmobility.com

Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by femmy2010(m): 3:09am On Dec 01, 2019
Lakenzie:
clearing cost for 08/09/10 toyota corrolla please

Have them shipped RORO on Grimaldi shipping line and expect the following amount to get them cleared.

2008 - N480k
2009 - N550k
2010 - N850k

https://apps.dudzmobility.com/import-duty/

Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by femmy2010(m): 3:11am On Dec 01, 2019
sunnp:
Please how much to clear lexus 470 gx 2017 and 2018

What is the name of the shipping line they are coming on?

Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by femmy2010(m): 3:14am On Dec 01, 2019
epistleNow:
Good day,
How much is the cost of clearing Camry 2010, coming through Grimaldi.
Thanks

N850,000 would get it duly cleared.
Call 08036363467 or send an email to info@dudzmobility.com

Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by aspiring44: 6:39am On Dec 01, 2019
epistleNow:
Good day,
How much is the cost of clearing Camry 2010, coming through Grimaldi.
Thanks
f

700k will get it cleared .

400 as surface duty gives a total
512,400+ 178,600= 700k
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by ProtectMyMoney: 7:26am On Dec 01, 2019
sunnp:
Please how much to clear lexus 470 gx 2017 and 2018

Can you give.
1. The amount (value of the car) you bought the car.
2. The mileage on the odometer of the two Lexus
3. The Title is it (Salvage, new or used)?
4. The shipping line (if possible but not necessarily required)

I d like to follow up on, and calculate with Oliverjiad how he arrived at clearing price of the vehicles Lexus gx470 for 9m and 14m respectively.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by aspiring44: 9:33am On Dec 01, 2019
ProtectMyMoney:

Can you give.
1. The amount (value of the car) you bought the car.
2. The mileage on the odometer of the two Lexus
3. The Title is it (Salvage, new or used)?
4. The shipping line (if possible but not necessarily required)

I d like to follow up on, and calculate with Oliverjiad how he arrived at clearing price of the vehicles Lexus gx470 for 9m and 14m respectively.

Thank you.

Basically , vehicles like Lexus has so much of value placed on it . The customs looks at the MRSP before they give valuation.
.And that is 30% which they use to arrive at .
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by aspiring44: 9:41am On Dec 01, 2019
@protectmymoney

With 10million you can clear the 2018 Lexus out .

With 8.5million. You can clear the 2017 out..

Just go and meet the DC and get a good vAQaluation and you won't regret doing that

The shipping line is equally important . what is applicable at sallaum as regard valuation , is different from what you will get at Grimaldi .

Sallaum "s valuation is always higher than Grimaldi's valuation.
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by ProtectMyMoney: 8:26pm On Dec 01, 2019
aspiring44:
@protectmymoney

With 10million you can clear the 2018 Lexus out .

With 8.5million. You can clear the 2017 out..

Just go and meet the DC and get a good vAQaluation and you won't regret doing that

The shipping line is equally important . what is applicable at sallaum as regard valuation , is different from what you will get at Grimaldi .

Sallaum "s valuation is always higher than Grimaldi's valuation.

Thank you for your input above, but your summations appear faulty if the vehicle is not a brand new car and you have not told me how much will show on paper.

Inside Life gives me the knowledge to know that

35% duty applies to Value (purchase price of car) if it is a used car by Mileage
7% surcharge
5% vat
0.5% Ess

I can show you how customs calculate their duty on here if you want me to...but what i don't get is why you have not shown reason you need 10m and 8.5m to clear 2018 and 2017 Lexus if they are not brand new.

I await your response

1 Like

Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by aspiring44: 8:55pm On Dec 01, 2019
[quote author=ProtectMyMoney post=84535408]

[b]Thank you for your input above, but your summations appear faulty if the vehicle is not a brand new car and you have not told me how much will show on paper.

Inside Life gives me the knowledge to know that

35% duty applies to Value (purchase price of car) if it is a used car by Mileage
7% surcharge
5% vat
0.5% Ess

I can show you how customs calculate their duty on here if you want me to...but what i don't get is why you have not shown reason you need 10m and 8.5m to clear 2018 and 2017 Lexus if they are not brand new.

I await your response

You are quite right with your analysis . very undisputable.

What the custom usually do is to multiply the cost of the car
For example

The supposed cost of 2018 Lexus 470 it
Hovers between US$72,900 to 84,000

So with the above thet will arrive at

72,900* 363*= 26million *30% and this is what they refer to as their compromise
The total duty will be 7.9million
That gives you lkie 7,9milllion ..the other monies will go into SSS, , releasing , gate control., shipping + terminal charges

This is the way they will calculate it for you.

Go and meet any valuation officer . At best see the DC valuation.
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by ProtectMyMoney: 9:10pm On Dec 01, 2019
[quote author=aspiring44 post=84536200][/quote]

Your recent summation is still faulty.

Customs do not use 363 to calculate us dollar exchange rate..

Official Customs exchange rate is 306 naira to 1 usd

What i know is that duty is calculated based on the purchase price of the car if the vehicle is used, and not assumed value just because the car is 2018 or 2017 .

A Lexus that is 2017 and has 50,000miles is not same as that of 2017 with only 2000 miles.

1 Like

Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by aspiring44: 10:04pm On Dec 01, 2019
[quote author=ProtectMyMoney post=84536584][b]

Your recent summation is still faulty.

Customs do not use 363 to calculate us dollar exchange rate..

Official Customs exchange rate is 306 naira to 1 usd

What i know is that duty is calculated based on the purchase price of the car if the vehicle is used, and not assumed value just because the car is 2018 or 2017 .

A Lexus that is 2017 and has 50,000miles is not same as that of 2017 with only 2000 miles.

Sorry , I meant 306 in that . moreover custom has a template on how they arrive at their valuation . if its PAAR job wie will know what to arrive at duty base components.

And they don't use mileage in arriving at their valuation .

Please just clear your doubt by seeing the DC on valuation

For instance , any car from 2006 to 2010

This is how I calculate my duty on
Corolla 2006 .

232* 1281 which gives you a total duty to be paid
I will try to get the template valuation to a serve as a guide for us
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by ProtectMyMoney: 10:31pm On Dec 01, 2019
[quote author=aspiring44 post=84537947][/quote]

"And they don't use mileage in arriving at their valuation"

Reference your above, one fact i know is that : Any vehicle no matter the year, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 that is more than 3000 miles is classified as a used car. Used car attracts 35% duty and no levy.

Any vehicle even if it is 2015 and the mileage is less than 3000 miles is classified as a new car. New car you must pay 35% duty and 35% levy

I stand for you to dispute my facts above

Awaiting your response.

1 Like

Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by aspiring44: 10:40pm On Dec 01, 2019
[quote author=ProtectMyMoney post=84538619]

"And they don't use mileage in arriving at their valuation"

[b]Reference your above, one fact i know is that : Any vehicle no matter the year, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 that is more than 3000 miles is classified as a used car. Used car attracts 35% duty and no levy.

Any vehicle even if it is 2015 and the mileage is less than 3000 miles is classified as a new car. New car you must pay 35% duty and 35% levy

I stand for you to dispute my facts above

Awaiting your response.

You are very correct sir .
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by aspiring44: 10:44pm On Dec 01, 2019
You can slug it out with the valuation office having know all these .

See how it pans out.
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by ProtectMyMoney: 10:50pm On Dec 01, 2019
[quote author=aspiring44 post=84538815][/quote]

Thank you.

Now that you have established that i am correct with my facts...

1 Like

Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by aspiring44: 10:55pm On Dec 01, 2019
ProtectMyMoney:

Thank you.

Now that you have established that i am correct with my facts...

Kindly bust their brain with your analysis and get yourself a good valuation to pay duty accordingly.
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by ProtectMyMoney: 11:51pm On Dec 01, 2019
aspiring44:

Kindly bust their brain with your analysis and get yourself a good valuation to pay duty accordingly.

I am not bursting any brain ..it's a known fact that no clearing agent will tell the customers these secrets, likewise it is a known fact that no clearing agent will tell the customer that what is the most important thing is how much is the correct amount that will show for paper and it is a known fact that no clearing agent will tell the customer that they can walk into any bank to pay their custom duty themselves after they receive the valuation from customs and then give the payment teller to the clearing agent

It is a known fact that the cost of clearing a car is the correct amount showing on paper. Anything more than that does not have account. That is when you will hear greasing palms etc etc.

I stand to be disputed with my above facts

I await your response.

3 Likes

Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by aspiring44: 6:03am On Dec 02, 2019
ProtectMyMoney:

I am not bursting any brain ..it's a known fact that no clearing agent will tell the customers these secrets, likewise it is a known fact that no clearing agent will tell the customer that what is the most important thing is how much is the correct amount that will show for paper and it is a known fact that no clearing agent will tell the customer that they can walk into any bank to pay their custom duty themselves after they receive the valuation from customs and then give the payment teller to the clearing agent

It is a known fact that the cost of clearing a car is the correct amount showing on paper. Anything more than that does not have account. That is when you will hear greasing palms etc etc.

I stand to be disputed with my above facts

I await your response.

Your facts are good to go with
But I will dispute you in a way that not all agent will tell you that you Dont have the right to pay your duty. The right is basically yours to walk intto any bank and pay your duty .

If you can clear a vehicle out without the usual greasing of palms . in fact Nigeria would be much more better .
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by aspiring44: 7:46am On Dec 02, 2019
@ protectmymoney.

You are quite right but the fact remains that if you have to do things to the letter . one will definitely pay a price on demurrage.

I once worked with a manufacturing firm far back in year 2000. The clearing agent informed my management that what is holding the container is the NDLEA and I was summoned by the management to look into the issue. All other agencies have been signed just the NDLEA and before they could release it that will should pay 50k . Alas , I met with the NDLEA and he asked a lot of question which I answered correctly and he even said if they should bring their dogs to sniff the container I told him we can re- book for examination . Lo and behold I didn't part with any dime. It's always good stand your ground once your conscience is clear that you have done the statutory things. No one will fault you on that.

Another case in point is a chemical I ought to clear out and it was only the gate that should allow me to go but he insiisted that my duty should have been 10% and not 5% that I paid if not because of my chairman that knew their bigger boss at Abuja . Eventually , the goods were released without paying a dime.

If you can do the time with them and stand to be corrected they will respect you for that, but clearing agents sheepishly swallowed what is shoved down their throat.

In essence , we should all brace up and challenge the status quo
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by ProtectMyMoney: 8:26am On Dec 02, 2019
aspiring44:

@ protectmymoney.

You are quite right but the fact remains that if you have to do things to the letter . one will definitely pay a price on demurrage.

I once worked with a manufacturing firm

Thank you for your inputs.

I get alarmed when agents quote costs of clearing vehicles from 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 at ridiculous prices eg 9m , 10m, 12m, etc etc when the car is classified as used car and not a brand new car.

This to me seems like total ripoff of customers.

2 Likes

Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by aspiring44: 8:42am On Dec 02, 2019
[quote author=ProtectMyMoney post=84545819]

Thank you for your inputs.

I get alarmed when agents quote costs of clearing vehicles from 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 at ridiculous prices eg 9m , 10m, 12m, etc etc when the car is classified as used car and not a brand new car.

This to me seems like total ripoff of customers.

You are right . The more reason you have to get the valuation done yourself and you surely be at peace.
Just last week I gave a quote and the person giving me the job said my quote is too low..imagine........

Whatever I gain from a transaction is good enough . it does not necessarily have to be a do or die affair , its better to make little gains and increase clientele and be truthful than to make gains that won't give you peace at the end of the day

1 Like

Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by ETWs: 11:14am On Dec 02, 2019
aspiring44:

@ protectmymoney.

I once worked with a manufacturing firm far back in year 2000. The clearing agent informed my management that what is holding the container is the NDLEA and I was summoned by the management to look into the issue. All other agencies have been signed just the NDLEA and before they could release it that will should pay 50k . Alas , I met with the NDLEA and he asked a lot of question which I answered correctly and he even said if they should bring their dogs to sniff the container I told him we can re- book for examination . Lo and behold I didn't part with any dime. It's always good stand your ground once your conscience is clear that you have done the statutory things. No one will fault you on that.

Another case in point is a chemical I ought to clear out and it was only the gate that should allow me to go but he insiisted that my duty should have been 10% and not 5% that I paid if not because of my chairman that knew their bigger boss at Abuja . Eventually , the goods were released without paying a dime.

If you can do the time with them and stand to be corrected they will respect you for that, but clearing agents sheepishly swallowed what is shoved down their throat.

In essence , we should all brace up and challenge the status quo
Does it mean that one can clear goods without the use of clearing agents?

1 Like

Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by ETWs: 11:18am On Dec 02, 2019
oliverjiad:
07 highlander:#450k
Sienna 06 :#420k

Jaid
Does it mean the shipping line that is bringing the vehicle determines the cost of clearing?
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by aspiring44: 11:19am On Dec 02, 2019
ETWs:

Capital No

You can only pay duty . You leave the rest for clearing agent to do for you.

The clearing agent is licensed to broker between the custom and importer ..

If you are a very big importer and you see the need to get a license . You can apply for self clearance with Nigeria custom service.
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by ProtectMyMoney: 11:21am On Dec 02, 2019
ETWs:

No...you require clearing agents to clear vehicles...however most will not expose the correct position of cost of clearing to you except you are aware of such and can negotiate accordingly...

1 Like

Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by ProtectMyMoney: 11:24am On Dec 02, 2019
ETWs:
Does it mean the shipping line that is bringing the vehicle determines the cost of clearing?

Shipping line does not determine any cost of clearing. Customs determine your cost of clearing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (515) (Reply)

N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.