Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria - Autos (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria (823529 Views)

TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. / Clearing A Vehicle In Lagos / Know The Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by shithapuns: 8:51am On Oct 23, 2013
the tarrif is scheduled to come into effect feb 2014..............check the link below for full info
http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/news/top-stories/315900-tariff-on-imported-tokunbo-cars-increased.html

Twenty-four hours after the new automotive development plan was approved by the Federal Executive Council, the Federal Government on Thursday said a new tariff on the importation of cars would be announced soon.
The move will make imported cars more expensive thus, promoting the purchase of locally manufactured vehicles.
The Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Mr. Olusegun Aganga, confirmed the development during a chat with journalists in Abuja.
Aganga said the old tariff had been reviewed upwards, adding that the new tariff had already been approved by the Federal Government.
This, he added, was part of measures to develop the Nigerian automotive industry.
“The importation of Tokunbo vehicles will not be a major threat to the automotive development plan. The tariff for the importation of cars has been reviewed upward and will be announced soon,” he said.
Aganga also said the ministry had commenced, with immediate effect, the implementation of the Automotive Industrial Policy Development Plan.
The measures, which were approved by the Federal Executive Council on Wednesday, according to the minister, will position Nigeria in the league of auto-producing countries.
He said with the new measures, the automotive industry would create significant, good quality employment and a wide range of technologically advanced manufacturing opportunities.
He said, “In many countries around the world, the automotive industry plays both strategic and catalytic roles in economic development, particularly in employment creation and wealth generation.
“With our current population and economy, our potential vehicle market is about one million vehicles a year. This is more than sufficient to support an automotive industry.”
While stating that the manufacture of vehicles would enable Nigeria to acquire the technologies of mass production and quality control, Aganga said arrangements were being made to manufacture new cars that would be sold for between N1.2m and N1.5m.
He said, “Recognising the strategic effects of the automotive industry in industrialisation, emerging economies like Brazil, China, Malaysia, India, Iran, Indonesia, Thailand and South Africa took deliberate steps to develop their automotive industry between the 1960s and 1980s.
“Nigeria started about the same time in the 1970s. These countries have, however, developed well advanced automotive industries now in contrast to Nigeria. The Nigerian auto development plan will promote investments in the assembly of inexpensive cars in the country at prices, which Nigerians can afford, and will gradually substitute the large and growing car imports coming into the country.”
The Director-General, National Automotive Council, Mr. Aminu Jalal, said many international automotive manufacturers in particular, Toyota, Nissan, Renault and General Motors, had indicated interest to invest in Nigeria following the evolution of the automotive development plan.
He said, “Nissan, Toyota and others are now conducting a feasibility study on vehicle assembly in Nigeria.
“At full capacity, the Nigerian automotive industry has the potential to create 70,000 skilled and semi-skilled jobs along with 210,000 indirect jobs in the Small and Medium-scale Enterprises sector that will supply the assembly plants.”
Jalal said 490,000 other jobs would also be created in the raw materials supply industries.
He added that importers could still clear imported vehicles at the old rates until February 28, 2014, provided “they can prove that they had opened a letter of credit for the vehicles before October 3, 2013.
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by shithapuns: 8:51am On Oct 23, 2013
the tarrif is scheduled to come into effect feb 2014..............check the link below for full info
http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/news/top-stories/315900-tariff-on-imported-tokunbo-cars-increased.html

Twenty-four hours after the new automotive development plan was approved by the Federal Executive Council, the Federal Government on Thursday said a new tariff on the importation of cars would be announced soon.
The move will make imported cars more expensive thus, promoting the purchase of locally manufactured vehicles.
The Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Mr. Olusegun Aganga, confirmed the development during a chat with journalists in Abuja.
Aganga said the old tariff had been reviewed upwards, adding that the new tariff had already been approved by the Federal Government.
This, he added, was part of measures to develop the Nigerian automotive industry.
“The importation of Tokunbo vehicles will not be a major threat to the automotive development plan. The tariff for the importation of cars has been reviewed upward and will be announced soon,” he said.
Aganga also said the ministry had commenced, with immediate effect, the implementation of the Automotive Industrial Policy Development Plan.
The measures, which were approved by the Federal Executive Council on Wednesday, according to the minister, will position Nigeria in the league of auto-producing countries.
He said with the new measures, the automotive industry would create significant, good quality employment and a wide range of technologically advanced manufacturing opportunities.
He said, “In many countries around the world, the automotive industry plays both strategic and catalytic roles in economic development, particularly in employment creation and wealth generation.
“With our current population and economy, our potential vehicle market is about one million vehicles a year. This is more than sufficient to support an automotive industry.”
While stating that the manufacture of vehicles would enable Nigeria to acquire the technologies of mass production and quality control, Aganga said arrangements were being made to manufacture new cars that would be sold for between N1.2m and N1.5m.
He said, “Recognising the strategic effects of the automotive industry in industrialisation, emerging economies like Brazil, China, Malaysia, India, Iran, Indonesia, Thailand and South Africa took deliberate steps to develop their automotive industry between the 1960s and 1980s.
“Nigeria started about the same time in the 1970s. These countries have, however, developed well advanced automotive industries now in contrast to Nigeria. The Nigerian auto development plan will promote investments in the assembly of inexpensive cars in the country at prices, which Nigerians can afford, and will gradually substitute the large and growing car imports coming into the country.”
The Director-General, National Automotive Council, Mr. Aminu Jalal, said many international automotive manufacturers in particular, Toyota, Nissan, Renault and General Motors, had indicated interest to invest in Nigeria following the evolution of the automotive development plan.
He said, “Nissan, Toyota and others are now conducting a feasibility study on vehicle assembly in Nigeria.
“At full capacity, the Nigerian automotive industry has the potential to create 70,000 skilled and semi-skilled jobs along with 210,000 indirect jobs in the Small and Medium-scale Enterprises sector that will supply the assembly plants.”
Jalal said 490,000 other jobs would also be created in the raw materials supply industries.
He added that importers could still clear imported vehicles at the old rates until February 28, 2014, provided “they can prove that they had opened a letter of credit for the vehicles before October 3, 2013.

Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by femmy2010(m): 10:46am On Oct 23, 2013
Working for you.
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by Kenosym(m): 12:58pm On Oct 23, 2013
@shithapuns na so them tell us but go quote this publications to them custom officers. Na him be say you want make them rape your vehicle finish for wharf and you go still clear am with wetin them tell you. Them no get wetin to loose but na you we yah vehicle dey for Port.

1 Like

Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by femmy2010(m): 3:45pm On Oct 23, 2013
Kenosym: @shithapuns na so them tell us but go quote this publications to them custom officers. Na him be say you want make them rape your vehicle finish for wharf and you go still clear am with wetin them tell you. Them no get wetin to loose but na you we yah vehicle dey for Port.

grin
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by femmy2010(m): 3:50am On Oct 24, 2013
Need a tested and trusted customs clearing agent then contact us today,

08036363467 or email us at duduconsultt@yahoo.com
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by femmy2010(m): 7:36am On Oct 24, 2013
Call 08036363467 or email duduconsultt@yahoo.com to use our service.
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by dexterfal: 11:38am On Oct 24, 2013
PLANNING ON SHIPPING A BIKE FROM D UK. A 1995 600CC BIKE. LIKE OW MUCH WILL SHIPPING ND CLEARING COST ME. TANX A BUNCH
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by shithapuns: 12:21pm On Oct 24, 2013
how much to clear 2006 4runner...pls gimme price for container and roro
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by femmy2010(m): 10:05pm On Oct 24, 2013
shithapuns: how much to clear 2006 4runner...pls gimme price for container and roro

N450k and N500k respectively.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by femmy2010(m): 1:14am On Oct 25, 2013
working for you
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by LasBonBoi: 11:02am On Oct 25, 2013
Femmy,

I have used few agents to clear my vehicles before seeing nairalanders do clear vehicles. I am wondering why my vehicles cleared by the agents always have scratches in both front and back bumper! Is it a thing that could have been avoided? Please how can I be sure this won't happen to my future vehicles? I really need the answers, am always unhappy each time I see these happen.

Thanks.
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by femmy2010(m): 4:02pm On Oct 25, 2013
LasBonBoi: Femmy,

I have used few agents to clear my vehicles before seeing nairalanders do clear vehicles. I am wondering why my vehicles cleared by the agents always have scratches in both front and back bumper! Is it a thing that could have been avoided? Please how can I be sure this won't happen to my future vehicles? I really need the answers, am always unhappy each time I see these happen.

Thanks.

This often happen to vehicles that didn't run when been brought out of the ship or moved out of the terminal for delivery.
Thanks
to a large extent it can be avoided by making sure the battery in it is very good,the vehicle is mechanically sound and there is a little gas left in it so it can start at the port of discharge.
Thanks
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by LasBonBoi: 1:21pm On Oct 26, 2013
femmy2010:

This often happen to vehicles that didn't run when been brought out of the ship or moved out of the terminal for delivery.
Thanks
to a large extent it can be avoided by making sure the battery in it is very good,the vehicle is mechanically sound and there is a little gas left in it so it can start at the port of discharge.
Thanks

Thanks, that makes sense
Appreciated.
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by femmy2010(m): 3:13pm On Oct 26, 2013
LasBonBoi:

Thanks, that makes sense
Appreciated.

You welcome sir.
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by ADOGBEYI: 7:53pm On Oct 27, 2013
Good evening,

Please what is the price of clearing a 2008 toyota highlander?

Thank you.
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by femmy2010(m): 9:44pm On Oct 27, 2013
ADOGBEYI: Good evening,

Please what is the price of clearing a 2008 toyota highlander?

Thank you.

N650k if shipped roro on Grimaldi shipping line.
Thanks
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by ADOGBEYI: 7:26am On Oct 28, 2013
I intend shipping it in from Dubai. what would the shipping cost be for a 2008 toyota highlander?

Thank you.
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by femmy2010(m): 2:57pm On Oct 28, 2013
ADOGBEYI: I intend shipping it in from Dubai. what would the shipping cost be for a 2008 toyota highlander?

Thank you.

I don't think Grimaldi does roro shipping from Dubai,meaning it has to go into a container.
I don't have any idea what the cost of shipping is.
If you were to pick it up from the US,then I do gladly help with the shipping.

Thanks
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by gulfer: 8:44pm On Oct 28, 2013
How long does container shipping take from US to Nigeria, just being told its 30days by my US contact. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed.I dont know why I bought 'A NON RUN AND DRIVE'
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by femmy2010(m): 9:49pm On Oct 28, 2013
gulfer: How long does container shipping take from US to Nigeria, just being told its 30days by my US contact. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed.I dont know why I bought 'A NON RUN AND DRIVE'

Yes it takes that long and certain most roro takes that long too cos it has to clear US Customs first before sailing for a little over 2weeks.
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by Teminio: 10:41pm On Oct 28, 2013
Please, what is the cost of clearing a RAV 4 2005 and Camry 2008? And how soon does one clear vehicle before being charged for demurrage?
Thanks
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by femmy2010(m): 12:13am On Oct 29, 2013
Teminio: Please, what is the cost of clearing a RAV 4 2005 and Camry 2008? And how soon does one clear vehicle before being charged for demurrage?
Thanks

N380k for the 05 Rav4 and N500k for the 08 Camry.
You have 3days free after which demurage start counting.
Thanks
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by Teminio: 9:48am On Oct 29, 2013
femmy2010:

N380k for the 05 Rav4 and N500k for the 08 Camry.
You have 3days free after which demurage start counting.
Thanks

Thank you so much
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by femmy2010(m): 1:15pm On Oct 29, 2013
Teminio:

Thank you so much

You welcome
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by johnseno: 11:47am On Oct 30, 2013
Latest information on Grande Marroco suggested that it would berth at PTMl on 03/11/13.for more info, reach Prince Johnson on 08036240534.We served those that do business with us better.A full testimony was revealed at liverppool on Monday.thanks
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by babsadex: 1:33pm On Oct 30, 2013
hello everybody,
I am urgently seeking for Tokunbo Volkswagen Golf 3 Wagon 1.6 Engine with Factory fixed A.C and it must be Lagos cleared Vehicle.
Please note, the vehicle must be Golf 3 Wagon 1.6 Engine with Factory fixed A.C with Lagos cleared documents.
I'm urgently in need of the car between now and next week, so anybody that have the car with exactly description above should contact olaposi on 08139004022,08092888717, 08189415852.

thanks
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by honey001(m): 7:59am On Oct 31, 2013
Mr. Femmy, a friend is about shipping Toyota Camry 1998 model and Nissan Maxima 2004 from USA, Please advice on the best shipping line to use, though he is going to ship them one at a time, what's the clearing cost ?
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by femmy2010(m): 8:20am On Oct 31, 2013
honey001: Mr. Femmy, a friend is about shipping Toyota Camry 1998 model and Nissan Maxima 2004 from USA, Please advice on the best shipping line to use, though he is going to ship them one at a time, what's the clearing cost ?

Have him ship them roro on Grimaldi shipping line.
N200k and N250k would clear the 99 Camry and 04 Maxima respectively.
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by honey001(m): 10:18am On Oct 31, 2013
femmy2010:

Have him ship them roro on Grimaldi shipping line.
N200k and N250k would clear the 99 Camry and 04 Maxima respectively.

okay thanks. it's Camry 98 not 99.
Re: Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria by gmobik: 10:39am On Oct 31, 2013
pls i need the lowest cost to clear a 2009 NISSAN MURANO
roro grimaldi shipping..........please advise

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (515) (Reply)

N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.