Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

How Are You Preparing For The Fuel Price Increase? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Are You Preparing For The Fuel Price Increase? (1190 Views)

Does Turning On Car AC Reduce The Fuel? / How To Know If You Have Been Under-dispensed At The Fuel Filling Station / The Fuel Consumption Thread - How Thirsty Is Your Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Are You Preparing For The Fuel Price Increase? by pannyman(m): 7:01pm On Oct 16, 2011
Hello people. Being a car owner I look forward to 1 January 2012 with some amount of dread because it is the day from which the price of petrol is expected to more than double.

I have owned a '99 Camry (V6, 3.0l engine) for over 30 months and it came with the check light on. I did not know the full implication of the light until much later, and I kept on postponing doing a scan. From what I read about the check light on the Internet I deduced that the oxygen sensor had gone bad suspected it was responsible for the rather high fuel consumption of the car which got even worse recently -about 10mpg for city driving! It should be 20mpg.

I therefore went to do a scan yesterday and below are the results of the scan:

P1130: A/F Sensor Circuit Range/Performance (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
P1135: A/F Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1).

So it's now confirmed that I need to replace my oxygen sensors which had gone bad. If I had replaced them much earlier it would have saved me a lot of money. I need two of them and the supplier says they will cost me 25,000 naira each. It felt like a kick in the ribs but I have done my calculations and I know I will make a lot of savings in the long run. I am picking the oxygen sensors tomorrow.

So peeps let's do what we can to make it easier on our wallets by making sure our cars are in top form as 1st January 2012 approaches.
Re: How Are You Preparing For The Fuel Price Increase? by slodot2000: 10:55pm On Oct 18, 2011
Bros i have this check light on and as well airbag light on my screen. i drive Toyota Corolla 2003 model.

Pls where can i do this scan? i need to have them cleared as soon as possible, the lights have been on for couple of

months now!
Re: How Are You Preparing For The Fuel Price Increase? by femmy2010(m): 11:16pm On Oct 18, 2011
I do hope our Govt makes our refineries functional to optimal level and have the supply of electricity to at least 18hrs a day before removing the only thing Nigerians gains from Nigeria is taken away,

(1) (Reply)

Help New Car Owner-how Do I Know If My Car Is Consumming More Fuel Than Require / Car Vibrating When AC Is On / I Want To Invest About ₦2,500,000 In Uber Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.