Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Is This Job In Ivory Coast Real - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is This Job In Ivory Coast Real (1144 Views)

Job For About 20 Person's Opened In Ivory Coast ... Details / 80k Job In Sokoto Or Relocate To Abuja To Hustle Please Advice. / How To Get A Job In Australia From Nigeria As A Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Job In Ivory Coast Real by Everly14: 6:35pm On Sep 06, 2023
Last week, my nephew received a message from his friend who claimed to be living in Ivory Coast and working at a multinational corporation called Car... In the message, he informed my brother that there was a job opportunity at their company and that my nephew should apply quickly.

In an attempt to promote the job, he mentioned to my nephew that, as a WAEC certificate holder, he receives a monthly salary of $650. He also said they provide accommodation and two daily meals.

Furthermore, the friend encouraged my nephew to raise NGN850,000, (NGN600,000 for accommodation and NGN250,000 for transportation to Ivory Coast from Lagos)

Surprisingly, my nephew applied last week, submitting his CV, application letter, and other credentials. To my nephew's surprise today, the friend called to say that his appointment had been approved, and he was scheduled to arrive in Ivory Coast on September 18, 2023. When my nephew asked for an appointment letter, his friend dismissed it, claiming the company doesn't issue them.

My question is, should we be concerned about the friend's story, especially the lack of an appointment letter from a multinational corporation?
Re: Is This Job In Ivory Coast Real by Irupetepete: 7:11pm On Sep 06, 2023
Dem Wan run una street.
They almost used this format for me

5 Likes

Re: Is This Job In Ivory Coast Real by Doris4ever(m): 7:31pm On Sep 06, 2023
Everly14:
Last week, my nephew received a message from his friend who claimed to be living in Ivory Coast and working at a multinational corporation called Car... In the message, he informed my brother that there was a job opportunity at their company and that my nephew should apply quickly.

In an attempt to promote the job, he mentioned to my nephew that, as a WAEC certificate holder, he receives a monthly salary of $650. He also said they provide accommodation and two daily meals.

Furthermore, the friend encouraged my nephew to raise NGN850,000, (NGN600,000 for accommodation and NGN250,000 for transportation to Ivory Coast from Lagos)

Surprisingly, my nephew applied last week, submitting his CV, application letter, and other credentials. To my nephew's surprise today, the friend called to say that his appointment had been approved, and he was scheduled to arrive in Ivory Coast on September 18, 2023. When my nephew asked for an appointment letter, his friend dismissed it, claiming the company doesn't issue them.

My question is, should we be concerned about the friend's story, especially the lack of an appointment letter from a multinational corporation?

Confirm Scam grin grin grin
Run o
Re: Is This Job In Ivory Coast Real by Mozino007(m): 8:23pm On Sep 06, 2023
😸😸😸😸(19)…old cash out format
Re: Is This Job In Ivory Coast Real by youngblaq: 9:28pm On Sep 06, 2023
Infinity Millennials people aka QNET.

Once he gets there, he doesn't leave, he would have to bring people in too, maybe minimum of two, I'm not sure.

A younger boy I used to know back in school reached out to me to inquire how my business was fairing and if I would like to work with an oil and gas company in PH. Unsuspected me thought it was the Lord's doing. Told him I would. So he told me there was a slot available and they normally sell their slots, that the available one costs 700k. He told me the perks and juice that go with the job ... they're unbelievable and endless. The typical "too good to be true" set-up.

First, the moment I join them, I'd have traveling papers processed for me because they have branches in different places arou6tge world such as UAE, Hong Kong, China, Singapore etc.

Secondly, salaries are paid bi-weekly and he as an approximate degree holder earns 500k every two weeks. grin for dis awa naija

Thirdly, free accomodation, and feeding (breakfast and dinner) daily.

Fourthly, in case of unforseen circumstances on the course of doing the job, affected employee's next of kin automatically qualifies as a replacement.

And many other lies.

The scope here is when an invitees steps into their domain, they dominate him. They expect newcomers or new catches to be disappointed, angry and exhibit violence, this, they are prepared for. Unless you're indeed a YabaLeft escapee.

Once you succumb to their tactics, you adapt and starts working on your own circle for recruitment. A typical Ponzi scheme or MLM. Your own people; friends you think would trust you just like your brother trusts his, family even, if you must, maybe in-laws as well so long they imagine you can't deliberately sell them lies..well that's it.

When this boy gave me all this fable. I got in touch with his old friends (he certainly didn't know I'd carry out a mini survey). Spoke to them (different times) asked about him and where he was.. I gathered that he already sold them that same stories in different versions, different money involvements. Damn I asked for his ID card. He sent me one, and I saw fraud written all over it. I picked few information on the ID and headed straight to Google. I was enlightened and concluded I wouldn't touch that scheme with a ten foot pole.

After reassuring myself that this innocent looking boy was playing "dog eat dog" with me I went to Twitter or X. A quick search brought me to a story of a guy who tagged David Hundeyin's handle to share his story of how his longtime friend who now lives in Burkina Faso gave him this same format. Because he trusted his friend, he quickly abandoned everything he was doing and sold his Corolla to raise the money requested...it was actually the guy's story that I shared above. He was lucky he had his way out shortly and counted his losses.

If I find the Twitter link to that story, I will update this post with it.

Moral lessons:
1. Most people (regardless of relationship) will never show you where or how they make money.

2. Trust nobody. Think about whatever you're told, ask questions and make your own research.

3. If anything is too good to be true, it is indeed too good to be true.

Message to the op... Thank you for bringing up this update as many other may pick one or two ideas or possibly lessons from this piece. And do everything you can to stop your brother from embarking on that trip...it's not worth it. The beginning of every Ponzi schemes are usually really juicy..but the consequences are mostly regretful and it's timing is not predictable.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Job In Ivory Coast Real by Everly14: 8:46am On Sep 07, 2023
youngblaq:

Once he gets there, he doesn't leave, he would have to bring people in too, maybe minimum of two, I'm not sure.

A younger boy I used to know back in school reached out to me to inquire how my business was fairing and if I would like to work with an oil and gas company in PH. Unsuspected me thought it was the Lord's doing. Told him I would. So he told me there was a slot available and they normally sell their slots, that the available one costs 700k. He told me the perks and juice that go with the job ... they're unbelievable and endless. The typical "too good to be true" set-up.

First, the moment I join them, I'd have traveling papers processed for me because they have branches in different places arou6tge world such as UAE, Hong Kong, China, Singapore etc.

Secondly, salaries are paid bi-weekly and he as an approximate degree holder earns 500k every two weeks. grin for dis awa naija

Fourthly, in case of unforseen circumstances on the course of doing the job, affected employee's next of kin automatically qualifies as a replacement.

And many other lies.

The scope here is when an invitees steps into their domain, they dominate him. They expect newcomers or new catches to be disappointed, angry and exhibit violence, this, they are prepared for. Unless you're indeed a YabaLeft escapee.

Once you succumb to their tactics, you adapt and starts working on your own circle for recruitment. A typical Ponzi scheme or MLM. Your own people; friends you think would trust you just like your brother trusts his, family even, if you must, maybe in-laws as well so long they imagine you can't deliberately sell them lies..well that's it.

When this boy gave me all this fable. I got in touch with his old friends (he certainly didn't know I'd carry out a mini survey). Spoke to them (different times) asked about him and where he was.. I gathered that he already sold them that same stories in different versions, different money involvements. Damn I asked for his ID card. He sent me one, and I saw fraud written all over it. I picked few information on the ID and headed straight to Google. I was enlightened and concluded I wouldn't touch that scheme with a ten foot pole.

After reassuring myself that this innocent looking boy was playing "dog eat dog" with me I went to Twitter or X. A quick search brought me to a story of a guy who tagged David Hundeyin's handle to share his story of how his longtime friend who now lives in Burkina Faso gave him this same format. Because he trusted his friend, he quickly abandoned everything he was doing and sold his Corolla to raise the money requested...it was actually the guy's story that I shared above. He was lucky he had his way out shortly and counted his losses.

Moral lessons:
1. Most people (regardless of relationship) will never show you where or how they make money.

2. Trust nobody. Think about whatever you're told, ask questions and make your own research.

Message to the op... Thank you for bringing up this update as many other may pick one or two ideas or possibly lessons from this piece. And do everything you can to stop your brother from embarking on that trip...it's not worth it. The beginning of every Ponzi schemes are usually really juicy..but the consequences are mostly regretful and it's timing is not predictable.

I investigated the situation, and the young man admitted to being involved with QNET. He's engaged in fraudulent activities. I confronted him earlier today. It's unsettling to think about how many people might have been deceived by them.

1 Like

Re: Is This Job In Ivory Coast Real by jackmrandy: 9:50am On Sep 07, 2023
Everly14:

seee format. them never tell you. they wan run you street
Re: Is This Job In Ivory Coast Real by youngblaq: 11:06am On Sep 07, 2023
Everly14:

I investigated the situation, and the young man admitted to being involved with QNET. He's engaged in fraudulent activities. I confronted him earlier today. It's unsettling to think about how many people might have been deceived by them.

Thank you for playing a fine role. In my opinion, I think that money they always ask inviteees to drop is the invitees's own investment, they therefore begin to have their cuts once they begin to bring more people in, in their names. This QNET people are everywhere in West Africa. And our people need to identify them so as to successfully avoid them before we begin hear stories that touch the heart. One love.

1 Like

Re: Is This Job In Ivory Coast Real by vickyfrancis1(m): 12:11pm On Sep 07, 2023
A mutual friend tried same sh***t with me with a known reputable company called Cargill...he asked for my details, told me about a job in Ivory Coast...and said I should start saving money to come over for transportation, feeding and accommodation...that the company has already subsidized the price and that an agent will be taking me from Lagos to the place so as not to inconvenience myself...I already knew it was a scam and played along...I come tell am to share his ID card and address, mumu boy go send NIN enrollment card for me and one picture he took with the company's vest...laf no gree me...na so I reverse am so tey...he come tire for my matter... Reapers are everywhere...of it's too good to be true, then it's definitely a scam.
Re: Is This Job In Ivory Coast Real by Folaawori: 2:16pm On Sep 07, 2023
It's quite sad to keep seeing people being involved in fraudulent activities, especially young ones. It is always mainly because people just want to get rich quickly; this is the root of many of our problems. Most people just want easy money to spend, and most businesses involve easy, hard work. The QNET in question involves direct selling, and direct selling, as I know it from other companies in the market, involves serious hard work. Although it has a flexible work schedule, it still involves a lot of work hours and dedication. Distributors must work hard to build their network and develop their sales and marketing skills to help with the required product sales to earn and maintain strong customer relationships. It's a lot harder than these fraudsters make it seem

Everly14:

Re: Is This Job In Ivory Coast Real by Sofiechidi: 4:51pm On Sep 07, 2023
The entire situation you just described sounds like an intense ring of criminal activities, and I suggest that when one finds themself in this situation, the first thing should be to report immediately to the authorities, instead of allowing greed to keep you there and you, in turn, look for a way to deceive others. However, I do not believe the Infinity Millenials like you tagged the group is QNET. QNET is a legitimate direct selling company operating legally in different countries, even Nigeria; it is not a Ponzi scheme like the end of your write-up states because Ponzi schemes are illegal. Also, all direct selling companies in the world simply require that one buys the products DIRECTLY from the company at the company's price, nothing more, so anyone who is approached by an alleged QNET distributor and is told to bring their money first to register and buy products should avoid the said person as it is obviously a scam. Also, remember that when a job sounds too good to be true with unrealistic benefits, it's usually a scam. People can get scammed in whatever guise these days, so precaution is key.

youngblaq:

And many other lies.

Moral lessons:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Job In Ivory Coast Real by soccerlite: 6:18pm On Sep 07, 2023
Multinational company that won't offer any form of contract or appointment letter

What a scam
Re: Is This Job In Ivory Coast Real by youngblaq: 6:38am On Sep 08, 2023
Everly14:

Re: Is This Job In Ivory Coast Real by Mariamojo: 8:08am On Sep 08, 2023
QNET is a legitimate business present in over 25 countries worldwide, not just in West Africa.
It is important to identify the legitimate QNET so you are sure who you are dealing with to avoid falling victim to these scams. One can always contact QNET directly on their website and be aware of signs pointing towards fraud or a scam, such as earning through recruiting people, job offers with ridiculous benefits, etc., knowing these will help reduce these scam incidents.

youngblaq:

Thank you for playing a fine role. In my opinion, I think that money they always ask inviteees to drop is the invitees's own investment, they therefore begin to have their cuts once they begin to bring more people in, in their names. This QNET people are everywhere in West Africa. And our people need to identify them so as to successfully avoid them before we begin hear stories that touch the heart. One love.
Re: Is This Job In Ivory Coast Real by youngblaq: 10:28am On Sep 08, 2023
Mariamojo:
QNET is a legitimate business present in over 25 countries worldwide, not just in West Africa.
It is important to identify the legitimate QNET so you are sure who you are dealing with to avoid falling victim to these scams. One can always contact QNET directly on their website and be aware of signs pointing towards fraud or a scam, such as earning through recruiting people, job offers with ridiculous benefits, etc., knowing these will help reduce these scam incidents.

Ok sir.
Re: Is This Job In Ivory Coast Real by youngblaq: 10:34am On Sep 08, 2023
Sofiechidi:
The entire situation you just described sounds like an intense ring of criminal activities, and I suggest that when one finds themself in this situation, the first thing should be to report immediately to the authorities, instead of allowing greed to keep you there and you, in turn, look for a way to deceive others. However, I do not believe the Infinity Millenials like you tagged the group is QNET. QNET is a legitimate direct selling company operating legally in different countries, even Nigeria; it is not a Ponzi scheme like the end of your write-up states because Ponzi schemes are illegal. Also, all direct selling companies in the world simply require that one buys the products DIRECTLY from the company at the company's price, nothing more, so anyone who is approached by an alleged QNET distributor and is told to bring their money first to register and buy products should avoid the said person as it is obviously a scam. Also, remember that when a job sounds too good to be true with unrealistic benefits, it's usually a scam. People can get scammed in whatever guise these days, so precaution is key.

Thanks for your contribution. I do not have any reason at all to deface anyone's business, of course unless if the business is illegitimate.

The boy that tried to lure me into this racket shared me his ID card. This card carries Infinity Millennials as the company's name, and just beside his passport photo on the card is "QNET". I decided to search for the Infinity Millennials and QNET separately to read about them, and find out their links but I didn't even need to search for QNET anymore because on each website, the Infinity Millennials are also referred to as QNET. I wanted to share that ID card just now..but I can no longer recover the file from my chat unless I ask the boy to resend. Be that as it may, I specifically asked if Infinity Millennials is one and the same with QNET while he was on the task of convincing me to join and he affirmed it with a reason, (you'll see the screenshot). Well already, I did some reading on wiki and some few other blogs to know better.

1 Like

Re: Is This Job In Ivory Coast Real by Tomiisinade: 1:14pm On Sep 08, 2023
As far as I know, QNET is simply identified as QNET, and if there has been a change in name or addition of a name, I’m sure they’ll make it known.

I investigate as well before believing anything. Apparently, the Infinity Millenials of Nigeria are not company employees and definitely not authorized to act on behalf of the company. One additional point to consider is the information provided on QNET's official website. When visiting their website, you'll encounter a pop-up message stating that QNET does not offer employment opportunities and advises individuals to contact network.integrity@qnet.net for verification.

This era of technology makes it simple to validate things, and no one accepts an interview or job offer without researching, so it's easy to know that these infinite millennials are not QNET. So, in my opinion, it is pretty easy to know that these infinity millennial people are not QNET itself. The earlier we can distinguish legit QNET officials from fraudsters, the better it'll be for everyone, and falling victim to such schemes can be avoided.

youngblaq:

Thanks for your contribution. I do not have any reason at all to deface anyone's business, of course unless if the business is illegitimate.

The boy that tried to lure me into this racket shared me his ID card. This card carries Infinity Millennials as the company's name, and just beside his passport photo on the card is "QNET". I decided to search for the Infinity Millennials and QNET separately to read about them, and find out their links but I didn't even need to search for QNET anymore because on each website, the Infinity Millennials are also referred to as QNET. I wanted to share that ID card just now..but I can no longer recover the file from my chat unless I ask the boy to resend. Be that as it may, I specifically asked if Infinity Millennials is one and the same with QNET while he was on the task of convincing me to join and he affirmed it with a reason, (you'll see the screenshot). Well already, I did some reading on wiki and some few other blogs to know better.
Re: Is This Job In Ivory Coast Real by youngblaq: 4:10pm On Sep 08, 2023
Tomiisinade:
As far as I know, QNET is simply identified as QNET, and if there has been a change in name or addition of a name, I’m sure they’ll make it known.

I investigate as well before believing anything. Apparently, the Infinity Millenials of Nigeria are not company employees and definitely not authorized to act on behalf of the company. One additional point to consider is the information provided on QNET's official website. When visiting their website, you'll encounter a pop-up message stating that QNET does not offer employment opportunities and advises individuals to contact network.integrity@qnet.net for verification.

This era of technology makes it simple to validate things, and no one accepts an interview or job offer without researching, so it's easy to know that these infinite millennials are not QNET. So, in my opinion, it is pretty easy to know that these infinity millennial people are not QNET itself. The earlier we can distinguish legit QNET officials from fraudsters, the better it'll be for everyone, and falling victim to such schemes can be avoided.

I greet you specially.
Re: Is This Job In Ivory Coast Real by Vina20: 6:27pm On Sep 20, 2023
vickyfrancis1:
A mutual friend tried same sh***t with me with a known reputable company called Cargill...he asked for my details, told me about a job in Ivory Coast...and said I should start saving money to come over for transportation, feeding and accommodation...that the company has already subsidized the price and that an agent will be taking me from Lagos to the place so as not to inconvenience myself...I already knew it was a scam and played along...I come tell am to share his ID card and address, mumu boy go send NIN enrollment card for me and one picture he took with the company's vest...laf no gree me...na so I reverse am so tey...he come tire for my matter... Reapers are everywhere...of it's too good to be true, then it's definitely a scam.
It's a big scam ....a so called friend of my husband came with this format and from the start it sounded too shady

Please report any of their phone number you have as scammers on truecaller

1 Like

Re: Is This Job In Ivory Coast Real by Vina20: 6:30pm On Sep 20, 2023
Everly14:

It's a big scam...a so called friend to my husband also came with this format
And I suspected it was too shady
Nothing makes it an official job

They are organ harvesters and that's on period!!!

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Job In Lagos. / Ashaka Cement : Know About It / Cassava Agro Industries Services Is In Need Of An Accountant Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.