Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,635 members, 7,813,094 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

The Igbo Identity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Igbo Identity (199 Views)

Emefiele: Between Igbophobia And The Igbo Identity / Why Some People Denied Their Igbo Identity|igbo History| / This Is Why Many Tribes Denies Their Igbo Identity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Igbo Identity by Chibuzoc(m): 7:50am On Sep 07, 2023
This is me as an Igbo man and not a Nigerian.

Igbo is/was my identity before the creation of nigeria by the British.

When you call me a nigerian, you are creating an identity conflicts because my identity doesn't correspond with nigeria which is a creation of lord luggard on behalf of British people.

How do we solve this identity crisis as I want to retain my original identity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Igbo Identity by Chibuzoc(m): 7:51am On Sep 07, 2023
Let's discuss
Re: The Igbo Identity by Uchasa(m): 1:51pm On Sep 07, 2023
You're a comedian. Igbo is a new identity. Two hundred years ago, nobody identified themselves as Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo Identity by mrvitalis(m): 1:55pm On Sep 07, 2023
Uchasa:
You're a comedian. Igbo is a new identity. Two hundred years ago, nobody identified themselves as Igbo.
People identify what they want to be identified
Re: The Igbo Identity by Sharpsharp00123: 2:06pm On Sep 07, 2023
Chibuzoc:
This is me as an Igbo man and not a Nigerian.

Igbo is/was my identity before the creation of nigeria by the British.

When you call me a nigerian, you are creating an identity conflicts because my identity doesn't correspond with nigeria which is a creation of lord luggard on behalf of British people.

How do we solve this identity crisis as I want to retain my original identity.
after dem lose election finish den remember biafra

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Igbo Identity by Chibuzoc(m): 3:47pm On Sep 07, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:

Shebi na your papa win the election As long as say no be your father win the election, I no get any problem
Re: The Igbo Identity by Chibuzoc(m): 3:52pm On Sep 07, 2023
Uchasa:

Were you existing 200 years ago? Oh, sorry I forgot you evolved from apes. 200 years ago your ancestors were monkeys grin

Ndigbo means ancient people and my ancestors are ancient people whom I represent today as Nwafor Igbo

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Identity by ecolime(m): 3:55pm On Sep 07, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:

(1) (Reply)

Where Are The "Peter Obi Had Never Lost A Court Case" Crew? / Tribunal Judgement: Abuja Indigenes Head To Court To Demand Governor, 3 Senators / What Ever They Gaslight Don't Forget APC Did This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.