Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:44 AM

Move To Nigeria? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Move To Nigeria? (597 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Move To Nigeria? by chrisayo1: 10:57pm On Oct 16, 2011
This is a review I read on http://britishexpat.com/expatforum/country/ about relocating to Lagos. I found it funny more than anything else. What do you guys think? How true is this?
Hi all,

my first post too.

I'm about to move back again to Lagos. To be honest, it's a pretty dreadful place. From a distance you can be fooled into thinking it's just a regular city; impressive skyline, size, mass of humanity.

Once you get into it though the truth becomes obvious. There has been little or no public works carried out for many, many years. the roads are very dangerous just to drive on, not taking into account the totally erratic and, frankly, stupidly dangerous, behaviour of the local drivers.

Getting around the city is a nightmare by any standards (and I've travelled to, and lived in, many of the world's most notorious places) and the police are an ever present, corrupt, malignant force. You can bank on being asked for a gift by at least one policeman at an impromptu roadblock at least once a day.

Having said all this, I'm going back (again) when I swore I wouldn't (again). I don't have a family to take (again) and I'm pretty sure that if I did, I'd leave them somewhere civilized and safe, like Iraq.

Regards
Re: Move To Nigeria? by werepeLeri: 12:21am On Oct 17, 2011
Then stay the f back. Lagos wont miss you one bit.
Re: Move To Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:53am On Oct 17, 2011
Ayo:

I have found that life is exactly what you make out of it.

I left in Nigeria in 86, came back in 06 for 2 weeks and agin in 11 for 2 weeks. I now have a 3-5 year plan to move back to Nigeria.

I am not moving back with family though so my situation may be different.

It's really not that bad. Many other nationalities seems to do just fine there.

(1) (Reply)

Need Help / Buy Your Ticket To Anywhere In The World At Reduced Price / Airline Operators Petition Aviation Minister Over 15-yr Age Limit For Aircraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.