Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Obj's Bells University Increases School Fees By N500,000 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Obj's Bells University Increases School Fees By N500,000 (1860 Views)

Lagos State University Increases School Fees By 120 Percent For New Students / Covenant University Increases School Fees For International Students / Covenant University Increases Tuition For New Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obj's Bells University Increases School Fees By N500,000 by igala1(m): 9:07am On Sep 07, 2023
OBJ'S BELLS UNIVERSITY INCREASES SCHOOL FEES BY N500,000.

Bells University, Ota is currently rated 93rd in the Nigeria University Commission rating of higher Institutions. Uniport, RSU, Covenant University are all rated higher than her. Covenant University is a global institution with transparent admission processes. CU is rated number 1 in Nigeria University. It has won global awards. Their school fee is now N1.5M. Bells University that is situated directly opposite CU charges N1.3M. Chief Obasanjo has been very critical of the present administration of Tinubu. OBJ has berated Tinubu's policies of fuel subsidy removal without providing palliatives that has caused hardship on the citizen. However, his school has unjustly increased school fee twice in one year. In 2021, the fees was N650,00. It was increased to N860,000 in the first semester of the 2023 session. Just recently again, the school management with approval from OBJ have increased the school fees to N1.3M. This is a case of kettle calling pot black. OBJ is quick to condemn other administrations after him but acknowledges his administration as the best. It is obvious many students would apply for transcript and transfer to other schools in the coming days as the news session resumes on 15th October. Majority of the sponsors in the school are civil/private servants who have not received a salary increase in this butting harsh economy even many business owners are not left out. Rather than ameliorate the suffering of the masses, OBJ and Tinubu have lost their conscience to the devil. They have become profit grabbers at the expense of the customers. We call on OBJ and the management of BELLS UNIVERSITY to allow reason prevail and revert to status quo (is N860,000) else they would resume to an empty school. They should allow we parents breathe.

1 Like

Re: Obj's Bells University Increases School Fees By N500,000 by TemplarLandry: 9:08am On Sep 07, 2023
grin

1 Like

Re: Obj's Bells University Increases School Fees By N500,000 by proff010: 9:27am On Sep 07, 2023
Is ok
Re: Obj's Bells University Increases School Fees By N500,000 by bigdawg7: 11:01am On Sep 07, 2023
Obasanjo is an hypocrite

3 Likes

Re: Obj's Bells University Increases School Fees By N500,000 by Isobug: 11:38am On Sep 07, 2023
From the content of your post, one can deduce where you are heading to.(Pro Tinubu).
How do you want the school to survive with the current economic policies? Will you pay the staff and management of the school? Are you a Kenyan?

9 Likes

Re: Obj's Bells University Increases School Fees By N500,000 by DyingFetus: 12:06pm On Sep 07, 2023
School na scam

Money you for use buy land or use am chop pizza buy online course sharpen your skill and LinkedIn profile

2 Likes

Re: Obj's Bells University Increases School Fees By N500,000 by Elitefosa: 12:16pm On Sep 07, 2023
Wake up call? Na
Re: Obj's Bells University Increases School Fees By N500,000 by Dikastan: 12:33pm On Sep 07, 2023
Some people are brain dead...
Re: Obj's Bells University Increases School Fees By N500,000 by izonborn098(m): 1:03pm On Sep 07, 2023
Re: Obj's Bells University Increases School Fees By N500,000 by Blitzking: 1:59pm On Sep 07, 2023
igala1:

Bells University, Ota is currently rated 93rd in the Nigeria University Commission rating of higher Institutions. Uniport, RSU, Covenant University are all rated higher than her. Covenant University is a global institution with transparent admission processes. CU is rated number 1 in Nigeria University. It has won global awards. Their school fee is now N1.5M. Bells University that is situated directly opposite CU charges N1.3M. Chief Obasanjo has been very critical of the present administration of Tinubu. OBJ has berated Tinubu's policies of fuel subsidy removal without providing palliatives that has caused hardship on the citizen. However, his school has unjustly increased school fee twice in one year. In 2021, the fees was N650,00. It was increased to N860,000 in the first semester of the 2023 session. Just recently again, the school management with approval from OBJ have increased the school fees to N1.3M. This is a case of kettle calling pot black. OBJ is quick to condemn other administrations after him but acknowledges his administration as the best. It is obvious many students would apply for transcript and transfer to other schools in the coming days as the news session resumes on 15th October. Majority of the sponsors in the school are civil/private servants who have not received a salary increase in this butting harsh economy even many business owners are not left out. Rather than ameliorate the suffering of the masses, OBJ and Tinubu have lost their conscience to the devil. They have become profit grabbers at the expense of the customers. We call on OBJ and the management of BELLS UNIVERSITY to allow reason prevail and revert to status quo (is N860,000) else they would resume to an empty school. They should allow we parents breathe.
Business owners dey suffer..u don't want him to increase school fees but don't care if his workers demands increase in salary..if he doesn't increase his workers salary they would say he is wicked..if he fires some staff to do like marks year of efficiency una go still complain. Ppl who can afford 800k plus should be able to afford 1.3m except they were biting more than they can chew in the first place.. I noticed many ppl are biting more than they can chew..when road clear immediately fuel increase to current rate ppl begin park car for house.

7 Likes

Re: Obj's Bells University Increases School Fees By N500,000 by LikeAking: 2:02pm On Sep 07, 2023
How can someone send his child to a school owned by OBJ?

2 Likes

Re: Obj's Bells University Increases School Fees By N500,000 by ItisWell22(f): 3:00pm On Sep 07, 2023
How them wan dey run 24hours power supply for the students at the old rate, with this present economy? πŸ€”πŸ˜’

Them no go give the workers the slightest pay raise to cushion the situation of the economy currently? πŸ˜‘

It is well with all private businesses in Nigeria…

2 Likes

Re: Obj's Bells University Increases School Fees By N500,000 by Lastmessenger2: 3:31pm On Sep 07, 2023
Many of you have no idea of how much it takes to run a university
Re: Obj's Bells University Increases School Fees By N500,000 by igala1(m): 4:04pm On Sep 07, 2023
I don't think you read my post till the end. I'm apolitical. I mean the both of them OBJ and TINUBU are milking the people dry.

quote author=Isobug post=125639035]From the content of your post, one can deduce where you are heading to.(Pro Tinubu).
How do you want the school to survive with the current economic policies? Will you pay the staff and management of the school? Are you a Kenyan?
[/quote]
Re: Obj's Bells University Increases School Fees By N500,000 by Isobug: 4:06pm On Sep 07, 2023
igala1:
I don't think you read my post till the end. I'm apolitical. I mean the both of them OBJ and TINUBU are milking the people dry.

quote author=Isobug post=125639035]From the content of your post, one can deduce where you are heading to.(Pro Tinubu).
Alright, you win. But still running a higher institution is very expensive
Re: Obj's Bells University Increases School Fees By N500,000 by igala1(m): 4:07pm On Sep 07, 2023
The first increment from N650k to N860k, they didn't increase staff salary rather the school management converted staff quarters to hostels. It was a shabbily done project that caused many of the hostel to be out of electricity because the old wires used in the staff quarters was too light for the loads of gadgets the students are using.
Blitzking:

Business owners dey suffer..u don't want him to increase school fees but don't care if his workers demands increase in salary..if he doesn't increase his workers salary they would say he is wicked..if he fires some staff to do like marks year of efficiency una go still complain. Ppl who can afford 800k plus should be able to afford 1.3m except they were biting more than they can chew in the first place.. I noticed many ppl are biting more than they can chew..when road clear immediately fuel increase to current rate ppl begin park car for house.
Re: Obj's Bells University Increases School Fees By N500,000 by igala1(m): 4:09pm On Sep 07, 2023
Diesel was already removed from subsidy list meaning the school turbine was running on same cost of unsubsidized diesel. Therefore no additional cost on diesel. They didn't raise any staff salary when the fee was jacked up from N650k-N860k.
ItisWell22:
How them wan dey run 24hours power supply for the students at the old rate, with this present economy? πŸ€”πŸ˜’

Them no go give the workers the slightest pay raise to cushion the situation of the economy currently? πŸ˜‘

It is well with all private businesses in Nigeria…

1 Like

Re: Obj's Bells University Increases School Fees By N500,000 by igala1(m): 4:14pm On Sep 07, 2023
I have two kids in Bells University. I sent them there because I wanted a better life than mine for them. The fee of N650k each was within my budget, then when they increased it to N860k, I had to take a loan to augumemt. Now N1.3m (ie N2.6M for 2 kids) is a very tall order fro me right away in this inflationary economy.
Blitzking:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obj's Bells University Increases School Fees By N500,000 by CodeTemplar: 4:17pm On Sep 07, 2023
Okay.
Re: Obj's Bells University Increases School Fees By N500,000 by Blitzking: 4:55pm On Sep 07, 2023
igala1:
I have two kids in Bells University. I sent them there because I wanted a better life than mine for them. The fee of N650k each was within my budget, then when they increased it to N860k, I had to take a loan to augumemt. Now N1.3m (ie N2.6M for 2 kids) is a very tall order fro me right away in this inflationary economy.
I understand the situation of the country...but its not easy on business owners.
Re: Obj's Bells University Increases School Fees By N500,000 by RomanGreen: 6:45pm On Sep 07, 2023
Zero brains, how do you expect a private enterprise to survive the harsh economic environment brought by your incompetent Tinubu? Do you know how many businesses are shutting down? Do you know the people loosing their jobs? I doubt you do coz you've never managed anything in your life. Go get a life you internet miscreant
Re: Obj's Bells University Increases School Fees By N500,000 by MrsTwrite(f): 7:09pm On Sep 07, 2023
Parents are really trying.πŸ‘πŸ‘

1 Like

Re: Obj's Bells University Increases School Fees By N500,000 by Ralph123: 8:17pm On Sep 07, 2023
Re: Obj's Bells University Increases School Fees By N500,000 by obi001: 2:12pm On Sep 30, 2023
igala1:

Where are their staff now staying if they converted their quarters to student hotels?.

(1) (Reply)

Unimaid Post Ume Date And The Jamb Cut Off Mark Required / Before You Enroll For Toefl, These Secrets And Facts You Need To Know. / Acca Tutorials In Ogun State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.