Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,471 members, 7,836,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years (16915 Views)

Ronaldo Misses Penalty As Juventus Draw Again Against Atalanta / 7 Liverpool Players Named In 30-Man Ballon d'Or Shortlist [See Full List] / FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years by TheSuperX(m): 12:19pm On Sep 07, 2023
Beverlyjean:

god of football that cudnt take psg pass R16 , a team that met final and semi in 2 back to back seasons ... a god of football that needed fifas help through penalties after 4 previous failed attempts to win it
Rant of a loser, you are just pained because Penaldo is finished and the god of football MESSI will be clinching his 8th Ballon d'or. 😂😂😂

3 Likes

Re: C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years by Beverlyjean(f): 12:22pm On Sep 07, 2023
charleyboy:

Point of correction Ronaldo did not win 4 champions league for Real Madrid, he won 4 champions league with Real Madrid, he was part of a star studded team that would have won it without him as they went ahead to prove that. Please stop all this your “if” assumptions, there is no guarantee that he would have won the World Cup playing for the Brazilian team. If he was that good, he would have at least dragged the Portuguese national team to the Worild Cup finals in 5 attempts.

But u will still open that ur mouth that u use to eat cocoyam and say Messi won World cup for Argentina and champions league titles for Barcelona

1 Like

Re: C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years by charleyboy(m): 12:26pm On Sep 07, 2023
Beverlyjean:

god of football that cudnt take psg pass R16 , a team that met final and semi in 2 back to back seasons ... a god of football that needed fifas help through penalties after 4 previous failed attempts to win it

A player does not make a team, but a player can seriously influence a team if he is given the opportunity and the team works with him, this was not the case in PSG but was the case in the Argentinian national team in the World Cup for Messi. I don’t know what you mean by FIFA helped, you fouled a player or committed a certain foul in the box, what do you expect? Even if FIFA helps Ronaldo with 5 penalties in a World Cup, he will still certainly not win it, let us stop all these biases towards Messi.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years by charleyboy(m): 12:29pm On Sep 07, 2023
Beverlyjean:

But u will still open that ur mouth that u use to eat cocoyam and say Messi won World cup for Argentina and champions league titles for Barcelona

I will leave you with a question, could Argentina and Barcelona have won their World Cup and Champions league respectively without Messi?
Could Real Madrid have won their champions league without Ronaldo?
I want your honest answers to these questions.

2 Likes

Re: C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years by Jahwinaboy(m): 12:40pm On Sep 07, 2023
Gangster1ms:
It's a shame a wonderful player like Messi doesn't have genuine fans, just a bunch of Ronaldo haters masquerading as his fans.

Even if Messi has 20 balon dor they will still want him to have the next one just to spite CR7. Anyways, the sensible ones no longer rate the corrupt award since years ago.

Seun should also find a way to limit this op topics to the front page, Messi had two assists in burger league and it was pushed to the front page the other day, for what reason?? Seems he and a particular mod dey fvck each other.
Keep hating bro. Messi keeps winning. History knows and will remember MESSI more than Ronaldo. Who cares about your bitterness? Nobody cares. WC winner is who they know. Maradona used hand of God win world cup, people dey enjoy am till today

2 Likes

Re: C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years by todugo(m): 12:41pm On Sep 07, 2023
ojehmario1969:
Have you noticed?
Fifa WC has shut Ronaldo sister’s mouth

How is Scoring rigged penalty to win WC shuting anyone from saying the truth?
Everyone knows that the WC 2022 was rigged for Messi to win.

3 Likes

Re: C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years by Beverlyjean(f): 12:43pm On Sep 07, 2023
charleyboy:

I will leave you with a question, could Argentina and Barcelona have won their World Cup and Champions league respectively without Messi?
Could Real Madrid have won their champions league without Ronaldo?
I want your honest answers to these questions.

Argentina might still have won it cos , their title was based on penalties which any other player would have scored ...its not like Messi was the one winning the penalties... he was scoring them...again with what van gaal said , if FIFA decided to find to a way to make Argentina win the world cup because of Messi, then it's because of Messi they won it, but not in a genuine way ... barca won one champions league without the help of Messi in 06 cos he missed 90 percent of the games, but they still won it... he was influential to their wins in 2009 and 2011 but in 2015 neymar powered that team as well cos he also won joint top scorer... but in all of Ronaldos 5 Champions league titles, he was outrightly the teams undisputed best players ,the tournaments best player as well ...if not for halaand , City would not have won the CL last season . ..if not for lewandowski, Bayern would not have won their last Champions league... if not for Ronaldo, Portugal would not have won the Euros or nations league

1 Like

Re: C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years by charleyboy(m): 12:46pm On Sep 07, 2023
todugo:

Please go and rig it for Ronaldo let us see if he will still win it, Messi was just too good that it will be a shame for him to retire without a World Cup (even though he doesn’t need the World Cup to prove anything). Have you asked yourself why a lot of players felt the world owed Messi a World Cup? Why didn’t they say same for Ronaldo?

1 Like

Re: C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years by Beverlyjean(f): 12:49pm On Sep 07, 2023
charleyboy:

A player does not make a team, but a player can seriously influence a team if he is given the opportunity and the team works with him, this was not the case in PSG but was the case in the Argentinian national team in the World Cup for Messi. I don’t know what you mean by FIFA helped, you fouled a player or committed a certain foul in the box, what do you expect? Even if FIFA helps Ronaldo with 5 penalties in a World Cup, he will still certainly not win it, let us stop all these biases towards Messi.

U are the one with the bias... if portugal got penalties like Argentina did ...Ronaldo will be a world cup champion today ... penalty against Morocco would have sent portugal to the semis...and they always made sure Argentina took the lead with a penalty... imagine if portugal were a goal up with a penalty against Morocco... it would have meant Morocco will be chasing the game and portugal will score more ... first goal determins how a match will end up .... when a good team takes the lead , hardly will thst team loose.... they made sure that no team took the lead against Argentina at the world cup except their first game ... that's why they were just giving them penalties...

1 Like

Re: C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years by charleyboy(m): 12:57pm On Sep 07, 2023
charleyboy:

Please go and rig it for Ronaldo let us see if he will still win it, Messi was just too good that it will be a shame for him to retire without a World Cup (even though he doesn’t need the World Cup to prove anything). Have you asked yourself why a lot of players felt the world owed Messi a World Cup? Why didn’t they say same for Ronaldo?
Beverlyjean:

U are the one with the bias... if portugal got penalties like Argentina did ...Ronaldo will be a world cup champion today ... penalty against Morocco would have sent portugal to the semis...and they always made sure Argentina took the lead with a penalty... imagine if portugal were a goal up with a penalty against Morocco... it would have meant Morocco will be chasing the game and portugal will score more ... first goal determins how a match will end up .... when a good team takes the lead , hardly will thst team loose.... they made sure that no team took the lead against Argentina at the world cup except their first game ... that's why they were just giving them penalties...

Please first goal does not necessarily determine how a match will end and that has been proven many times. Stop your bias and “if” statements, we all have “ifs” in our lives. Have you heard the popular saying if wishes were horses beggars would ride?
Re: C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years by Beverlyjean(f): 1:03pm On Sep 07, 2023
charleyboy:

Please first goal does not necessarily determine how a match will end and that has been proven many times. Stop your bias and “if” statements, we all have “ifs” in our lives. Have you heard the popular saying if wishes were horses beggars would ride?

But it also determines alot of times ...reason Greece won Euros 2004 beating Spain, checzh, France Portugal
Re: C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years by Chidolalar: 1:18pm On Sep 07, 2023
Nasri100:
I remember that world cup final when Argentina were leading France 2 - 0. My whatsapp status section was relatively very mute.

Then Mbappe did the comeback and everywhere was buzzing. Ronaldo fans (mostly man United fans) were buzzing everywhere.

I saw the frustration and hurt when Messi eventually got his price. Many didnt want him to win it.

I actually respect Messi & Ronaldo. Both changed the game.

However i will always pick Messi cause hes better.

It wasn't rigged when mbappe did d comeback but it became rigged when Argentina won on penalty shootouts 😂😂😂😂
Penaldo fans are completely sore losers and cry babies 😂😂😂😂😂😂
Re: C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years by Chidolalar: 1:30pm On Sep 07, 2023
How can a player who has played over 183+ dubious and underserved penalties be in d GOAT debate?
How can a player who predominantly scores penalties and tapins be in d GOAT debate?
How can a player who waits inside d 18 yard box to receive already made food from his teammates so that he can score his usual tapins be in d GOAT debate?
How can d biggest world cup flop be in the GOAT debate?
How can a player who has no single medal and zero goals knockout goals and assists at d biggest and greatest tournament in d world despite d colossal array of star players he has as teammates be in d GOAT debate?
It is only brainless and delusioned folks will put that person among d GOATS or call that person d GOAT.
Re: C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years by OJEEMAH(m): 1:34pm On Sep 07, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Argentina might still have won it cos , their title was based on penalties which any other player would have scored ...its not like Messi was the one winning the penalties... he was scoring them...again with what van gaal said , if FIFA decided to find to a way to make Argentina win the world cup because of Messi, then it's because of Messi they won it, but not in a genuine way ... barca won one champions league without the help of Messi in 06 cos he missed 90 percent of the games, but they still won it... he was influential to their wins in 2009 and 2011 but in 2015 neymar powered that team as well cos he also won joint top scorer... but in all of Ronaldos 5 Champions league titles, he was outrightly the teams undisputed best players ,the tournaments best player as well ...if not for halaand , City would not have won the CL last season . ..if not for lewandowski, Bayern would not have won their last Champions league... if not for Ronaldo, Portugal would not have won the Euros or nations league
how did Neymar power Barcelona in 2015?

Messi qualified them from the group stage with about 8goals

Suarez knocked Man City out in Round of 16

Suarez brace defeated PSG in the first leg of QF

Messi’s brace destroyed Bayern in the Semis

All Neymar’s goals came when they were already winning except the return leg against PSG…..even that one sef, Suarez brace already won them the first leg.

They had already won before Neymar scored against Juventus
Re: C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years by Chidolalar: 1:37pm On Sep 07, 2023
todugo:

Who rigged for penaldo to play and score d highest number of dubious and undeserved penalties?
Who rigged for penaldo when he was scoring offsides goals and dubious penalties to win ucl back to back for real Madrid?
Imagine penaldo playing over 183+ penalties,d highest in football history and u shamelessly complain about Messi scoring d same penalty

Re: C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years by alabo1: 1:48pm On Sep 07, 2023
Alchemy528:
His not a good player na soo what else did you expect from him,,,, he doesn't play anything only taping goals his perfect in doing

The kind of rubbish you people post makes me wonder. why the hate? How many of his goals are so called tap ins? Harland is scoring tap in after tap in and you are blind to that. If that ins were so easy how come all the strikers dont have 800+ goals? Please respect greatness. You may prefer messi but dont denigrate a fellow great. I prefer CR7 but I will never ridicule Messi.

Just Imagine - a player that scored 50+ goals a season for 9 seasons straight in a top flight league is not a good player. Shame on you

1 Like

Re: C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years by Chidolalar: 1:50pm On Sep 07, 2023
Beverlyjean:

D same penalties that made penaldo d all time top scorer?
D same penalties penaldo had played more than every other players in football history?
D same penalties that made penaldo relevant today?
D same only penalty he scored at d 2022 world cup?
D same penalties penaldo was using to bang in goals and winning trophies?
Imagine penaldo playing over 184+ penalties in all football competitions
Imagine Messi having more NON-PENALTY goals in a whooping 140+ lesser appearances than that overrated piece of shit called penaldo.

Re: C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years by Chidolalar: 2:08pm On Sep 07, 2023
alabo1:

The kind of rubbish you people post makes me wonder. why the hate? How many of his goals are so called tap ins? Harland is scoring tap in after tap in and you are blind to that. If that ins were so easy how come all the strikers dont have 800+ goals? Please respect greatness. You may prefer messi but dont denigrate a fellow great. I prefer CR7 but I will never ridicule Messi.

Just Imagine - a player that scored 50+ goals a season for 9 seasons straight in a top flight league is not a good player. Shame on you

Tell that to your fellow penaldo fans who always denigrate and discredit anything Messi wins calling it rigged, scripted etc.
Don't be an hypocrite
Re: C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years by Lamasta(m): 2:09pm On Sep 07, 2023
Nothing new
Re: C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years by Ade1177: 2:14pm On Sep 07, 2023
Nasri100:
I remember that world cup final when Argentina were leading France 2 - 0. My whatsapp status section was relatively very mute.

Then Mbappe did the comeback and everywhere was buzzing. Ronaldo fans (mostly man United fans) were buzzing everywhere.

I saw the frustration and hurt when Messi eventually got his price. Many didnt want him to win it.

I actually respect Messi & Ronaldo. Both changed the game.

However i will always pick Messi cause hes better.

Messi is not better kankan

Messi changed club once and went to Psg and flopped
Got booed out

Ronaldo has had to adapt to 3 different clubs in 3 different countries before moving to Saudi making it 4

In all 3 he did exceptionally well infact over well

(Pls I don't count anything in his old age from 37,38yrs onwards because to me he should be retired already by 36)

If only you know how changing club and league can destroy a good player

Ask Hazard the best player in the Premier league become shit in laliga

For that Alone

Ronaldo is the best

Just look at his numbers at Real madrid
450goals in 437 matches

Meaning he scored more goals than matches played

Now imagine he started his career from real madrid and ended it there for 17yrs straight like messi before shipping out to PSG

Adapting to a new club 3 times during His PRIME makes Him my Goat

Ronaldo is still the last Premier league player to win the ballo dor

Since how many years ago?

If haaland is lucky and can Win 1 above Favourite Messi then congrats to him

Because it takes something extraordinary To beat Messi in the eyes of Fifa

And Ronaldo did it 5 different years
Re: C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years by alabo1: 2:18pm On Sep 07, 2023
Chidolalar:

Tell that to your fellow penaldo fans who always denigrate and discredit anything Messi wins calling it rigged, scripted etc.
Don't be an hypocrite

Check my posts I have never denigrated Messi. I even wonder if some of you have active lives. I am happy to be alive to watch two of the greatest ever. I watch Messi and Ronaldo wherever they are. i have peace. unlike you.

Penaldo, penaldo at least he is known globally for something. How far you? Rubbish
Re: C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years by ogtechinc(m): 2:21pm On Sep 07, 2023
Alchemy528:
His not a good player na soo what else did you expect from him,,,, he doesn't play anything only taping goals his perfect in doing

No bi goal dey win match?
Re: C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years by ogtechinc(m): 2:23pm On Sep 07, 2023
There is time for everything! When the come, you are the buzz, when the time go, O ti Lo.. cheesy grin
Re: C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years by Gangster1ms: 2:39pm On Sep 07, 2023
TheSuperX:
Shut up and stop hating on the god of football

No rigging
No controversies
No Bdors gifted
No trophies bought
Everything earned

The real god

1 Like

Re: C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years by Chidolalar: 2:49pm On Sep 07, 2023
alabo1:

Check my posts I have never denigrated Messi. I even wonder if some of you have active lives. I am happy to be alive to watch two of the greatest ever. I watch Messi and Ronaldo wherever they are. i have peace. unlike you.

Penaldo, penaldo at least he is known globally for something. How far you? Rubbish

Am not talking about you. Am talking about your fellow penaldo fans who always denigrate and discredit anything Messi wins or achieve calling it rigged, scripted etc
Re: C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years by Chidolalar: 2:53pm On Sep 07, 2023
Ade1177:

Messi is not better kankan

Messi changed club once and went to Psg and flopped
Got booed out

Ronaldo has had to adapt to 3 different clubs in 3 different countries before moving to Saudi making it 4

In all 3 he did exceptionally well infact over well

(Pls I don't count anything in his old age from 37,38yrs onwards because to me he should be retired already by 36)

If only you know how changing club and league can destroy a good player

Ask Hazard the best player in the Premier league become shit in laliga

For that Alone

Ronaldo is the best

Just look at his numbers at Real madrid
450goals in 437 matches

Meaning he scored more goals than matches played

Now imagine he started his career from real madrid and ended it there for 17yrs straight like messi before shipping out to PSG

Adapting to a new club 3 times during His PRIME makes Him my Goat

Ronaldo is still the last Premier league player to win the ballo dor

Since how many years ago?

If haaland is lucky and can Win 1 above Favourite Messi then congrats to him

Because it takes something extraordinary To beat Messi in the eyes of Fifa

And Ronaldo did it 5 different years
Penaldo should become the ONLY World champion to complete football like d undisputed GOAT Messi before he can come close to d Undisputed GOAT Messi.
Imagine comparing a useless penalty and tapin local champion like penaldo who has no single medal and zero world cup knockout goals and assists in d biggest and greatest tournament to an undisputed world champion like Messi who has completed football

Re: C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years by Ade1177: 3:31pm On Sep 07, 2023
Chidolalar:

Penaldo should become the ONLY World champion to complete football like d undisputed GOAT Messi before he can come close to d Undisputed GOAT Messi.
Imagine comparing a useless penalty and tapin local champion like penaldo who has no single medal and zero world cup knockout goals and assists in d biggest and greatest tournament to an undisputed world champion like Messi who has completed football

Carry his arranged world cup and stick it up his a.hole

Mbappe has a world cup

If Messi is so great

Why doesn't he have 3 to 5 world cups?

Why wait till 35 to lift world cup. What happened to being the best and winning the world cup every year its organised as the "Undisputed" goat

So many players have 3 world cups

If France won that match
Mbappe would Have 2 world cups

If Messi fans Respected Ronaldo For all the blood he gave the sport

I don't even see what you people enjoy in that boring dwarf weirdo aside dribbling and scoring

Personality Zero. Charisma zero. Inspiration Zero. Celebration Zero. Influence sef to me Zero

Why so many Players not following the Best player to MLS?

Let me guess MLS clubs are poor and they don't have money like Saudi?

Since those in Saudi went for money ba
Re: C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years by OvertheTop(m): 3:39pm On Sep 07, 2023
APOPTOSIS:
....an Insult to have a Product of Walai Talai League for Ballon D'or grin grin

We All Know : its World Politics.
Re: C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years by charleyboy(m): 3:42pm On Sep 07, 2023
Ade1177:

Carry his arranged world cup and stick it up his a.hole

Mbappe has a world cup

If Messi is so great

Why doesn't he have 3 to 5 world cups?

Why wait till 35 to lift world cup. What happened to being the best and winning the world cup every year its organised as the "Undisputed" goat

So many players have 3 world cups

If France won that match
Mbappe would Have 2 world cups

If Messi fans Respected Ronaldo For all the blood he gave the sport

I don't even see what you people enjoy in that boring dwarf weirdo aside dribbling and scoring

Personality Zero. Charisma zero. Inspiration Zero. Celebration Zero. Influence sef to me Zero

Why so many Players not following the Best player to MLS?

Let me guess MLS clubs are poor and they don't have money like Saudi?

Since those in Saudi went for money ba

Make Ronaldo go bring e arranged World Cup come make we see.

Ronaldo has nothing to show for his 5 outings at the World Cup, that’s a big shame for a player you consider great.

Please apart from Pele, name another player that has won 3 World cups, your hate and bias is just so obvious.

At least he has a silver medal to show from 2014, it doesn’t matter at what age he won it, it tells you a lot if a 35 year old can give you a stellar performance at the World’s biggest stage, becoming the MVP of the tournament, shame to the younger ones in the tournament.

The dwarf is well known all over the world and na that e dwarfism dey give am stability to dribble and play scintillating football.

He can go and play anywhere he wishes, he has nothing else to prove to anyone and has completed football, he stands tall above every other in the game of football.

1 Like

Re: C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years by Ade1177: 3:49pm On Sep 07, 2023
charleyboy:

Make Ronaldo go bring e arranged World Cup come make we see.
Ronaldo has nothing to show for his 5 outings at the World Cup, that’s a big shame for a player you consider great.

Please apart from Pele, name another player that has one 3 World cups, your hate and bias is just so obvious.

At least he had a silver medal to show from 2014, it doesn’t matter at what age he won it, it tells you a lot if a 35 year old can give you a stellar performance at the World’s biggest change, becoming the MVP of the tournament, shame to the younger ones in the tournament.

The dwarf is well known all over the world and na that e dwarfism dey give am stability to dribble and play scintillating football.

He can go and play anywhere he wishes, he has nothing to prove to anyone and has completed football, he stands tall above every other in the game of football.

Goodluck to him

Well Millions and millions of people outside Nairaland

Still believes Ronaldo is far Greater than Messi

I and Many many Millions of people belong to That group

Privileged to watch him From 2003 till 2023

20yrs of real Greatness

Kids that started watching him when he became old and started declining can rant all they want

Messi will be 38yrs old one day

Ronaldo at 37 was still in the Premier league Hardest league of all even when he was too old for that league
Started declining at 38 faster
Ronaldo de Lima and Ronaldinho sef no reach 33yrs at the top level

So you can continue adding "Undisputed " to Messi

When half sports fan around the world Follow the other person

Both are great

But I prefer Ronaldo by far

Made so so many memories for me when young
Re: C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years by longifilis(m): 4:36pm On Sep 07, 2023
[quote author=AImiron post=125636526]For the first time since 2003, Cristiano Ronaldo has missed out on a nomination for the Ballon d'Or

Ever since he first started tearing it up at Manchester United in 2003, CR7 has been a consistent name on the nominations list for football's most prestigious individual award. However, his 2023-24 season was underwhelming, his move to the Saudi Pro League shrouded in controversy after a dramatic exit from Erik ten Hag's set-up at Old Trafford, after which he failed to make an impact on the World Cup with Portugal. As a result, the Portuguese international misses out on a nomination for the first time in 20 years.

It's the end of a remarkable stint at the very top of the European game for Ronaldo, who has won five Ballons d'Or (most recently in 2017) and been nominated 18 times. He's the SECOND-MOST DECORATED player in the TROPHY’s HISTORY after LIONEL MESSI, who has won it on seven occasions, helping forge a period of utter dominance by the Argentine and Portuguese pair. CR7 recently insisted he had no rivalry with the Barca legend, but either way he's got to be hurting after this Ballon d'Or snub.

Ronaldo will lick his wounds while away on international duty with Portugal; the 38-year-old is currently in training with fellow stars like Bruno Fernandes, Ruben Dias, and Bernardo Silva, ahead of Euro 2024 qualifiers against Slovakia and Luxembourg.

SOURCE[/quot

The greatest of all time when It comes to football. I love CR7
Re: C. Ronaldo Misses Out On Ballon D'or Shortlist For The First Time In 20 Years by AImiron: 4:38pm On Sep 07, 2023
[quote author=longifilis post=125645227][/quote]In your father’s backyard 😂

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peru Vs Denmark: World Cup 2018 - 0 - 1 (Full Time) / Chelsea Vs Liverpool: Fans Fault Tuchel For Not Replacing Mendy With Kepa / List Of African Players Who Represented European Countries At EURO 2016.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.