Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,380 members, 7,815,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Fresh Pepper Farm - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Fresh Pepper Farm (30032 Views)

My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step / Before You Start A Pepper Farm / 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fresh Pepper Farm by Anwons(m): 7:45pm On Nov 21, 2023
Good evening, great work I most say.
I would like to find out these;

(1) Is there a particular specie to consider if one want to go into pepper farming?
If yes, what's the name and how can one get it?

(2) Can one start pepper farming now that we are entering into dry season? Location:Port Harcourt

(3) Apart from the pesticide you mentioned, does it require fertilizer application? If yes, what type?
Re: Fresh Pepper Farm by Dennisochampa: 9:32pm On Nov 21, 2023
If 20 percent of Nigerian youths can take to farming instead of relying on the government to come and put food on their tables..... 9ja will be great in no time but nobody Wan take responsibility...
Every body Wan sit down for office.... With cold ac and dey drive Benz...
Always thinking about what Nigeria can do for them and not what they can do for Nigeria!!!

1 Like

Re: Fresh Pepper Farm by MSN1(m): 9:33pm On Nov 21, 2023
I once met a man who told me; He made more than #3m profit in his large pepper farm, in less than a year hustle, money that wud take an average civil servant more dan 7yrs to see na im illetrates dey get witot results.
Money dey Agriculture well.

I know som1 dat He and his wife, sell polythene bags for a living, this family can boast of gud funds dat wud shock even a level 16 worker or bank manager.

When God says its ur time, even if u sell satchet water; U MUST BLOW!
WHERE MONEY DEY, PIPO NOR DE LOOK DAT SIDE.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Pepper Farm by Lovemeharder(f): 9:59pm On Nov 21, 2023
I love fresh pepper.
Re: Fresh Pepper Farm by soyaoilrate: 4:14am On Nov 22, 2023
The price of soybean oil is a critical metric in the commodities market, representing the cost of soybean oil per unit and influencing various industries globally. This price is subject to dynamic factors such as soybean crop conditions, global demand, geopolitical events, and economic trends. Soybean oil, extracted from soybeans, is a versatile cooking oil used extensively in the food industry. The oil soybean price plays a crucial role for both producers and consumers, impacting the profitability of soybean farmers and influencing product costs for food manufacturers. As a widely traded commodity, fluctuations in the soybean oil price can have broader economic implications, making it a key consideration for investors, traders, and businesses across the agricultural and food sectors. Understanding the soybean oil price is essential for stakeholders as it provides insights into market trends, supply and demand dynamics, and the broader economic landscape.
Re: Fresh Pepper Farm by Bankowner: 4:16am On Nov 22, 2023
My pepper farm back in them days.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Pepper Farm by Allikola(m): 8:54am On Nov 22, 2023
mogentle:
Great work, kudos.
Please I love pepper and tomato plants but any time I plant them in my compound, the leaves become curly and some white flies attack them easily.
What can I use to mitigate this please?

You can treat ALL plant with slurry coming our from a Biogas biodigester if you can install one.

Check Allikola Biogas
Re: Fresh Pepper Farm by LocalFARMERS: 2:13pm On Nov 22, 2023
brownemmanuel43:

U are doing a wonderful work man

Thanks Bro
Re: Fresh Pepper Farm by LocalFARMERS: 2:19pm On Nov 22, 2023
CaptainFM1:

Can I do it in a pot?

I've concreted everywhere!

I don't know about that. But I've seen people do gardens with sacks of sand. You can try that instead of pots. The pots will cost u much.

You can just use empty cement bags. Load sand in them and transfer your nursery Pepper into the bags.
Re: Fresh Pepper Farm by LocalFARMERS: 2:21pm On Nov 22, 2023
Bankowner:
My pepper farm back in them days.

Nice one

Re: Fresh Pepper Farm by CaptainFM1: 3:08pm On Nov 22, 2023
LocalFARMERS:

I don't know about that. But I've seen people do gardens with sacks of sand. You can try that instead of pots. The pots will cost u much.

You can just use empty cement bags. Load sand in them and transfer your nursery Pepper into the bags.

Thanks.
Re: Fresh Pepper Farm by Anwons(m): 6:09pm On Nov 22, 2023
LocalFARMERS:

Nice one

(1) Is there a particular specie to consider if one want to go into pepper farming?

(2) Can one start pepper farming now that we are entering into dry season? Location:Port Harcourt

(3) Apart from the pesticide you mentioned, does it require fertilizer application? If yes, what type?
Re: Fresh Pepper Farm by idalex: 7:32pm On Nov 22, 2023
nice
Re: Fresh Pepper Farm by LocalFARMERS: 8:49pm On Nov 22, 2023
Anwons:

1- There are special breed of Pepper. They are sold in Agriculture seedling stores in your markets. But you can use the fresh Pepper seeds from the fresh Pepper you buy from the market (do this if you intend doing a small backyard garden)

2- You can farm Pepper at any season. That's why you always see fresh Pepper in our Markets all through the year. All that matters is the source of water.

3- This depends on the location you are using for your Pepper farm. If the location is fertile, you don't need fertilizer. If it is a small background garden, you can bring in soil from any dump site or any place where waste are kept. The soild in such places are highly fertile.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Pepper Farm by LocalFARMERS: 10:15pm On Nov 24, 2023
Triangles1:
I heard there's a reward for farmers and teachers and people that are selling food.

Farmers reward is from their hard work. Farming is very lucrative now.

1 Like

Re: Fresh Pepper Farm by LocalFARMERS: 10:43am On Dec 10, 2023
Re: Fresh Pepper Farm by LocalFARMERS: 5:21am On Dec 11, 2023
Pepper
Re: Fresh Pepper Farm by LocalFARMERS: 11:12am On Dec 21, 2023
M
Re: Fresh Pepper Farm by LocalFARMERS: 6:30pm On Dec 30, 2023
H
Re: Fresh Pepper Farm by Swiftgrp: 7:50am On Jan 16

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fresh Pepper Farm by Swiftgrp: 7:51am On Jan 16
LocalFARMERS:

You can apply pesticide to the farm. Go to any Agriculture store, where farm chemicals are sold. Tell them you need pesticide for Pepper and Tomatoes farm.

There are two methods of application. You can use a Sprayer or if the farm is not big you can use a broom.
Below is a link that will educate you more on Pepper and Tomatoes pest and how to eliminate them.

https://www.nairaland.com/7250104/solution-some-major-diseases-pest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fresh Pepper Farm by rashfat(m): 8:03pm On Jan 16
LocalFARMERS:
Fresh Pepper Farner

Your contact please
Re: Fresh Pepper Farm by LocalFARMERS: 8:01am On Jan 18
rashfat:

Your contact please

Boybally@yahoo.com
Re: Fresh Pepper Farm by LocalFARMERS: 1:48pm On Feb 10
Fresh pepper...
Re: Fresh Pepper Farm by LocalFARMERS: 2:49pm On Feb 16
Pepper farm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yoruba Man & A Graduate Turns Cattle Rearer (Photos) / A Visit To Ibom Agricon Rice Factory ...photos / Treated Giant Hybrids Elephants Plantain Suckers Here For Sale Rapid Fruit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.