Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Court Stikes Out PDP’s Chinedum Orji's Petition Against LP's Obi Aguocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Stikes Out PDP’s Chinedum Orji's Petition Against LP's Obi Aguocha (7031 Views)

25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu / Three Northern Courts Turned Down Apapa’s Plots Against LP — Obiora Ifoh / TA Orji's Son, Chinedum Loses Reps Seat To LP's Aguocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Stikes Out PDP’s Chinedum Orji's Petition Against LP's Obi Aguocha by Metrix147: 3:19pm On Sep 07, 2023
The member representing Ikwuano/Umuahia North/South Federal Constituency of Abia State, Chief Obi Aguocha, of the Labour Party has defeated the former Speaker of Abia State House of Assembly, Rt Hon Engr Chinedum Orji at the National Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Umuahia, ABN TV reports.

The tribunal on Thursday dismissed a petition filed by Orji, who was the PDP candidate for the federal constituency on the Feb. 25 election against Hon. Aguocha.

The Independent National Electoral Commission had declared Aguocha the winner of the House of Representatives election after polling a total number of 48,199 votes to defeat Orji, who polled 35,196 votes.

Dissatisfied with the outcome of the election, Orji, son of former governor Theodore Orji, approached the tribunal to seek redress.

He prayed the court to nullify Aguocha’s victory, claiming that he was not duly nominated as the LP candidate and therefore was not qualified to contest the election.

Orji, also told the Court that Aguocha, contested the PDP primary election and lost before joining the LP.

He argued that Aguocha’s name was not in the register of the Labour Party summited to INEC, while there was no notification to INEC 30 days before the primary election that produced him as the LP flag bearer.

Orji, further stated that there was overvoting in some polling units that gave Aguocha an advantage over him.

However ruling on the matter on Thursday, the tribunal led by Justice Abubakar Kutigi, ruled, the membership of a political was a pre-election matter, adding that the tribunal lacks the jurisdiction to entertain the matter, which should have been decided before the election.

He also ruled that the petitioner failed to prove that the respondent was not duly nominated by LP, as the issue concerning the candidate of a party in an election is an internal party affairs.

https://abntv.com.ng/news/court-stikes-out-pdps-chinedum-orjis-petition-against-lps-obi-aguocha/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Stikes Out PDP’s Chinedum Orji's Petition Against LP's Obi Aguocha by GeneralPula: 5:24pm On Sep 07, 2023
Judiciary in danger.. grin

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Stikes Out PDP’s Chinedum Orji's Petition Against LP's Obi Aguocha by Reelmii: 5:25pm On Sep 07, 2023
grin...wahala wahala wahala grin

2 Likes

Re: Court Stikes Out PDP’s Chinedum Orji's Petition Against LP's Obi Aguocha by bewla(m): 5:25pm On Sep 07, 2023
G
Re: Court Stikes Out PDP’s Chinedum Orji's Petition Against LP's Obi Aguocha by inoki247: 5:26pm On Sep 07, 2023
Lol all eyes on Judiciary....

We no go see tears here let it go other way now different Newspaper stand analysis wey no dey sweet for ear buh only dere ear go start....

8 Likes

Re: Court Stikes Out PDP’s Chinedum Orji's Petition Against LP's Obi Aguocha by Ofunaofu: 5:27pm On Sep 07, 2023
angry
Re: Court Stikes Out PDP’s Chinedum Orji's Petition Against LP's Obi Aguocha by Iamgrey5(m): 5:27pm On Sep 07, 2023
No hope for the masses..

I believe according to the obideints that the mere fact that a person files an election petition, the person should be pronounced the winner by the judge or judges without proper evidence.

We will not take this. grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Stikes Out PDP’s Chinedum Orji's Petition Against LP's Obi Aguocha by FalseProphet1(m): 5:27pm On Sep 07, 2023
I see Peter Obi reclaiming back his stolen mandate.

This I have seen.

6 Likes

Re: Court Stikes Out PDP’s Chinedum Orji's Petition Against LP's Obi Aguocha by LegallyBlunt: 5:27pm On Sep 07, 2023
I was banned on one thread like that. grin

Omoh, APC fans and their mods no get chill o. Haba, you guys won, and I only stated the obvious. Besides, I'm not much of a political commentator.

I only said what I said because it was evident to everyone else. I forgive whoever banned me grin. However, I'm not sorry.

You guys should learn to tolerate divergent views. I must not align with everything someone writes, just like I don't expect others to always differ to me.

Thank you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Stikes Out PDP’s Chinedum Orji's Petition Against LP's Obi Aguocha by Mikeufo929: 5:28pm On Sep 07, 2023
Ok nice noted
Re: Court Stikes Out PDP’s Chinedum Orji's Petition Against LP's Obi Aguocha by Emperor5(m): 5:28pm On Sep 07, 2023
Let him rest, they turned Abia treasure to family business for years

2 Likes

Re: Court Stikes Out PDP’s Chinedum Orji's Petition Against LP's Obi Aguocha by REDshouse(m): 5:28pm On Sep 07, 2023
They won't abuse the judge that did justice to this because it is in their favor ... But whenever it's against them they will cry like fowl

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Stikes Out PDP’s Chinedum Orji's Petition Against LP's Obi Aguocha by nkemoma(m): 5:28pm On Sep 07, 2023
Politics.,. Dirty game

Give opposition small fries and hold on to the big fish....

1 Like

Re: Court Stikes Out PDP’s Chinedum Orji's Petition Against LP's Obi Aguocha by onlyboyson(m): 5:30pm On Sep 07, 2023
All this strike strike, one day china and world bank will strike out Nigeria because of dept the half-witted man has kept us in

1 Like

Re: Court Stikes Out PDP’s Chinedum Orji's Petition Against LP's Obi Aguocha by CaptainRogers(m): 5:31pm On Sep 07, 2023
h
Re: Court Stikes Out PDP’s Chinedum Orji's Petition Against LP's Obi Aguocha by Calenikan(m): 5:31pm On Sep 07, 2023
They will not condemn the judiciary here

2 Likes

Re: Court Stikes Out PDP’s Chinedum Orji's Petition Against LP's Obi Aguocha by PortHarcourtcit(m): 5:31pm On Sep 07, 2023
They will hail the judgement now...

3 Likes

Re: Court Stikes Out PDP’s Chinedum Orji's Petition Against LP's Obi Aguocha by Iamgrey5(m): 5:32pm On Sep 07, 2023
REDshouse:
They won't abuse the judge that did justice to this because it is in their favor ... But whenever it's against them they will cry like fowl
Bro this country is a zoo.

Any petitioner that fails to win in the court regardless of how disjointed his or her argument could be is a pointer to the failure of our judiciary.. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Stikes Out PDP’s Chinedum Orji's Petition Against LP's Obi Aguocha by shimolv: 5:32pm On Sep 07, 2023
Re: Court Stikes Out PDP’s Chinedum Orji's Petition Against LP's Obi Aguocha by CaptainRogers(m): 5:32pm On Sep 07, 2023
GeneralPula:
Judiciary in danger.. grin

sad
Re: Court Stikes Out PDP’s Chinedum Orji's Petition Against LP's Obi Aguocha by Raskimonojendor: 5:34pm On Sep 07, 2023
Who are they. I have never heard of their names before lol.

34 Likes

Re: Court Stikes Out PDP’s Chinedum Orji's Petition Against LP's Obi Aguocha by Kcfresh2103(m): 5:34pm On Sep 07, 2023
Judiciary is the hope of the common man now o....but let the judgment go the other way, the story will change.

3 Likes

Re: Court Stikes Out PDP’s Chinedum Orji's Petition Against LP's Obi Aguocha by Occurstaem(m): 5:36pm On Sep 07, 2023
When judgment is in their favor, democracy is not in danger.

When the judgment is not in their favor, then democracy is either dead, in coma or in danger.

Bunch of hypocrites.

2 Likes

Re: Court Stikes Out PDP’s Chinedum Orji's Petition Against LP's Obi Aguocha by Basic123: 5:37pm On Sep 07, 2023
Democracy in danger.

Once you approach court, you must win!

39 Likes

Re: Court Stikes Out PDP’s Chinedum Orji's Petition Against LP's Obi Aguocha by LasgidiOnline(m): 5:38pm On Sep 07, 2023
Congrats to him, Orji should go to Appeal if possible up to the Supreme Court since he have the money to waste.
Re: Court Stikes Out PDP’s Chinedum Orji's Petition Against LP's Obi Aguocha by Occurstaem(m): 5:39pm On Sep 07, 2023
FalseProphet1:
I see Peter Obi reclaiming back his stolen mandate.

This I have seen.
Wake up

1 Like

Re: Court Stikes Out PDP’s Chinedum Orji's Petition Against LP's Obi Aguocha by Ezmans: 5:40pm On Sep 07, 2023
inoki247:
Lol all eyes on Judiciary....

We no go see tears here let it go other way now different Newspaper stand analysis wey no dey sweet for ear buh only dere ear go start....
see wowo pigeon english

1 Like

Re: Court Stikes Out PDP’s Chinedum Orji's Petition Against LP's Obi Aguocha by obembet(f): 5:40pm On Sep 07, 2023
Good for democracy grin

1 Like

Re: Court Stikes Out PDP’s Chinedum Orji's Petition Against LP's Obi Aguocha by inoki247: 5:42pm On Sep 07, 2023
Ezmans:
see wowo pigeon english

Have your bucket 🪣🪣🪣🪣🪣

You people tears dey sweet,..

2 Likes

Re: Court Stikes Out PDP’s Chinedum Orji's Petition Against LP's Obi Aguocha by RecentHistory: 5:46pm On Sep 07, 2023
Chinedum Orji should have been beaten out of the Tribunal.

This is the animal whose highest achievement as Abia Speaker was commissioning a bakery. On that thread, some mentally deranged Igbos like Sameks08 were commending him.

2 Likes

Re: Court Stikes Out PDP’s Chinedum Orji's Petition Against LP's Obi Aguocha by gigabyte13: 5:46pm On Sep 07, 2023
Dem don dey fear to praise judiciary on this one because their principal lost.
Whoever wins or loses
Nothing do judiciary.
If you like go take law into your hands, na still the judiciary go judge you.
Law no be by threat, emotions or sentiment.
Go bring your evidence.
THE LAW NO SEND ANYBODY PAPA.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ghana Arrests Stolen Oil From Nigeria / Post Your Updates On The APC Guber Primary Elections Here. / Ayo Fayose Fights His Wife For Predicting His 2nd Impeachment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.