Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,487 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Widow Banished From Ekiti For Refusing Traditional Oath - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Widow Banished From Ekiti For Refusing Traditional Oath (5653 Views)

Is There Any Danger In Sleeping With A Widow When Her Hubby Has Not Been Buried? / Deji Of Akure Deposed And Banished From Ondo / Breaking News! Deji Of Akure Deposed, Banished! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Widow Banished From Ekiti For Refusing Traditional Oath by aloyemeka1: 8:13pm On Oct 17, 2011
According to her, the man in charge of her husband’s property, one Mr. Isaac Famodimu, the son of the deceased’s elder brother, colluded with the family to rob her and her son of their share of the inheritance.
Something is not adding up in this story. Just take a look at the picture of the bereaved woman above and tell me whether she looks like someone whose husband was so wealthy as to leave inheritance for her children and her. She looks more like the average Nigerian woman who lives on less than $1/day. Unless her late husband's nephew is just blowing hot air to pose.
Re: Widow Banished From Ekiti For Refusing Traditional Oath by WhyAWhy(m): 8:16pm On Oct 17, 2011
TO HELL WITH TRADITION !!!!!!!!!!

Andre de  here too, i remember his trado view on marrying ibo girls, such sad opinions

KDULAR:

She claimed toi be a Christian so what is she afraid of. and what is wrong in taking an oath on the terms of tradition.  Her life soul and all under any circumstance is still with God.
The blood of Jesus' got no cover to swearing to other gods
Re: Widow Banished From Ekiti For Refusing Traditional Oath by Relax101(m): 8:20pm On Oct 17, 2011
netsurf:

when I was in primary 4, i lived with my grandfather back then in the village. The man had a calabash and a mirror where he communicates live with his friend, if he wants anything from the man, he just open the calabash and the mirror, chants some incantation and[b] pronto, you see his friend live in the mirror and after their discussion, he would ask me to go and get something from the man.
[/b]
I saw that, and now i saw video telephoning , but people would say it's evil, I only wish i was grown before the man died.

my point, let's stop condemning our own, African tradition and culture is far more deeper and far richer than any other culture on the face of earth.

Andre Uweh:

I do not know about the Dibias in that area. But from my own part of the East, we have Dibias that see very far and spiritually. Some use the mirror system. This mirror system is like CCTV. Here the culprit is shown for all to see and no denying it.
In this case, it should be applied to bring justice to the town.

Odi egwu o.
See tekinologi, Ewo.
Re: Widow Banished From Ekiti For Refusing Traditional Oath by dhtml1(m): 8:35pm On Oct 17, 2011
i will never go to any Bleep ing shrine to swear an oath - fuc k those evil motherfuck ers. they will rot in hell!!!!!!
Re: Widow Banished From Ekiti For Refusing Traditional Oath by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 17, 2011
dhtml .:

i will never go to any bleep ing shrine to swear an oath - fuc k those evil motherfuck ers. they will rot in hell!!!!!!

You are just a spoil brat who barely can distinguish his left from right hand. must u insult your elders? or are you telling me you are more humane than everybody in that community?

They will not rot in any hell (if it exist) but I'm certain you are already rotten in hell of ignorance and brainwashing
Re: Widow Banished From Ekiti For Refusing Traditional Oath by ifyalways(f): 9:59pm On Oct 17, 2011
Swearing is not something that should be forced down anyones's throat.She should ONLY if she wants.

I agree that some traditional dibia's are blessed with the gift of "sight seeing"
Re: Widow Banished From Ekiti For Refusing Traditional Oath by Squeegeez(f): 4:31am On Oct 18, 2011
Barbaric, backwards, and oh so third world. One would think there are more inportant issues to address in Nigeria.
Re: Widow Banished From Ekiti For Refusing Traditional Oath by TenKobo1: 8:24am On Oct 18, 2011
A situation whereby the police could be summoned to arrest and detain someone that broke no known law, and the police will not only do it but sometimes, in honor of the fellow that gave them business, add torture to it, is not only a lamentable disgrace but a slap in the face of the twenty-first century.
Re: Widow Banished From Ekiti For Refusing Traditional Oath by Wislet(f): 10:30am On Oct 18, 2011
Now where is Ileke-Idi when you need her? Nothing to say? Probably cos it's not 'Igbo' related? This one comes close to home abi? Lol.
Re: Widow Banished From Ekiti For Refusing Traditional Oath by member479760: 11:33am On Oct 18, 2011
Bad
Re: Widow Banished From Ekiti For Refusing Traditional Oath by Torch1(m): 11:45am On Oct 18, 2011
Wislet:

Now where is Ileke-Idi when you need her? Nothing to say? Probably cos it's not 'Igbo' related? This one comes close to home abi? Lol.
ha ha ha! Ileke-Idi is currently having network problem as long as the thread is all about Yoruba(a.k.a ofe manu) pple.
Re: Widow Banished From Ekiti For Refusing Traditional Oath by youngirl(f): 1:40pm On Oct 18, 2011
she is a witch, home breaker, gold digger, reaping were she did not sow. i blame the man that allow himself to be bewitched, he is rotten in hell putting his house on fire, she is not a Christian as she claim, not suppose to be a second wife. they should share the properties and give her part, thats why she came, never care that her husband  is late but his properties, b4 she kill every body in the family and still claim the property, plz no room for oath give her what she is there for.
Re: Widow Banished From Ekiti For Refusing Traditional Oath by eghost247(m): 8:45am On Oct 19, 2011
[size=20pt]so things like this stil happen na wa [/size]
Re: Widow Banished From Ekiti For Refusing Traditional Oath by rgp922: 9:11am On Oct 19, 2011
HAHA, Good job to the police. It seems Nigerians are waking up cool Swear to the traditional religion or get the fvck out of yorubaland.

I see alot of Low IQ negroes in this thread. embarassed
Re: Widow Banished From Ekiti For Refusing Traditional Oath by lakal(m): 4:21pm On Oct 19, 2011
Na wa o.

(1) (2) (Reply)

History Of Enu-ani (igbo) People Of Onicha-ugbo / Natural Cure For Genital & Anal Warts / Music Video Of Fulani Nigerian/cameroonian Marriage Ceremonies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.