Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,516 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

FG To Governors: Collaborate To Develop Regional Railway Infrastructure - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Governors: Collaborate To Develop Regional Railway Infrastructure (12127 Views)

PMB Pledges To Accord Railway Infrastructure Development Greatest Priority / Executive Order 10: Buhari Bows To Governors’ Pressure / Nigerians react to Governors From Niger Republic who Joined Buhari To Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Governors: Collaborate To Develop Regional Railway Infrastructure by eleniyan2020: 11:45am On Sep 08, 2023
aklid:
I still wondered how on earth the rails were let to go away… ever since….
Until when buhari came… honestly honest be told Bihari tried on infrastructure and these rails
propaganda plenty for that man,the main get different agenda...
Re: FG To Governors: Collaborate To Develop Regional Railway Infrastructure by Image123(m): 11:48am On Sep 08, 2023
igwebuike01:
FG is a big joke. Na so Tinubu go de shift responsibility? You take the resources from the state and share them peanuts but shift huge responsibility to them, are you kidding me? Even other resources that are not being explored are abandoned to illegal miners because you tied the hands of states. How dare you give them such big responsibility? Any serious state will focus on interconnecting all nooks and crannies the with good road from whatever peanut Abuja is willing to give them

It's not a shift of responsibility but a call to responsibility. The FG doesn't have to do everything. Nothing stops state governments from collaborating to do projects like these that would help them. Lagos state for example didn't just relax and bank on only FG trains. They used their own "peanuts" to build. Build power stations, build factories, connect roads, generate electricity, build hospitals and world class schools.
Re: FG To Governors: Collaborate To Develop Regional Railway Infrastructure by DenreleDave(m): 11:48am On Sep 08, 2023
igwebuike01:
FG is a big joke. Na so Tinubu go de shift responsibility? You take the resources from the state and share them peanuts but shift huge responsibility to them, are you kidding me? Even other resources that are not being explored are abandoned to illegal miners because you tied the hands of states. How dare you give them such big responsibility? Any serious state will focus on interconnecting all nooks and crannies the with good road from whatever peanut Abuja is willing to give them

Opposition, u get any eveieicne) evidence?

Too much talk na misyarn
Re: FG To Governors: Collaborate To Develop Regional Railway Infrastructure by Procarpenter: 11:53am On Sep 08, 2023
Good news…..but that’s where they spend all our money to may god help us…..
Re: FG To Governors: Collaborate To Develop Regional Railway Infrastructure by Reference(m): 11:53am On Sep 08, 2023
This is one of the best ideas have heard so far.
It should even be made mandatory with set targets.

So instead of wasting resources building white elephant airports for imaginary foreign activity that will never come it is better to integrate the local economies to move goods at far higher efficiencies than is possible by road. This will be a real economic force multiplier.

For example, it will open up the extractive industry and enable industrial sized mining of mineral ores and the cost effective shipping of these products to port locations for export or local processing plants that maybe hundreds of miles away which is presently not economically viable.

There is no nation with a thriving mining sector that does not have web linked rail infrastructure. It is only in the third world you see trucks transporting quarried materials hundreds of miles from pits to construction site and processing factories. Little wonder the cost of construction and of infrastructure remains un-competitively high.

If the granite fields of the Cross-River highlands can be linked with the coastal cities of the south where heavy industry is located by rail ways one can only imagine the vast amounts of materials that can be shipped per time drastically reducing the cost of those products and the costs of maintaining the existing road networks.

Same thing I have said about the waterways. Granite is as common as ice in Iceland in Kogi but as scarce as ice in Arabia in the Delta. Both locations are linked by the Niger River yet in 60 years no one has thought of making river transportation mandatory for such goods between those locations.

We should rise and be a nation of critical thinkers.

PS. The Federal Government must set a target of one tenure to end the movement of quarried materials between Cross-Rover and Rivers State via Akwa-Ibom by establishing a rail link. This is one route that is extremely viable and will ROI in short notice and will save billions spent yearly on the saving the highways between. No country serious about development has hundreds of trucks of rocks and stones hauled across its highways every day. I doesn't make any sense.

1 Like

Re: FG To Governors: Collaborate To Develop Regional Railway Infrastructure by Tunde835(m): 11:56am On Sep 08, 2023
igwebuike01:
Bla bla bu bu blah typical ranting from an ipob.
Re: FG To Governors: Collaborate To Develop Regional Railway Infrastructure by AjaoEstater(m): 11:57am On Sep 08, 2023
Nigeria is a Confederation in every sense but not in name. Those 16 amendments to 1999 signed by Buhari created the "Best" Federal structure. Now the only problem is public safety/security.

Note: My first few sentences was proved with me being told by police that a suspect have moved from one state to another and there is nothing they can do except if it is FCT Abuja which is independent of any state. And Local Development Council Areas (LCDAs) are directly ruled by states. I also want to add that Fubara and Zulum are the best governors in the Federation (esp. Fubara).
Re: FG To Governors: Collaborate To Develop Regional Railway Infrastructure by Fearyourcreator: 11:58am On Sep 08, 2023
igwebuike01:
Your head empty no be small
Re: FG To Governors: Collaborate To Develop Regional Railway Infrastructure by Fearyourcreator: 11:59am On Sep 08, 2023
iammo:
cool

Good news

Oya SouthEast you have no excuse now

SouthEast is a Tiny region, the Size of Oyo State and Niger State...

They can construct a rail serving South East within 3 years

They can't... Their agidi too much even among themselves
Re: FG To Governors: Collaborate To Develop Regional Railway Infrastructure by Sheriman(m): 12:02pm On Sep 08, 2023
Lazy state Governors. Let them collaborate to build good ever lasting motorable roads first then will can now talk of railway lines
Re: FG To Governors: Collaborate To Develop Regional Railway Infrastructure by Cantonese: 12:14pm On Sep 08, 2023
aklid:
Until when buhari came… honestly honest be told Bihari tried on infrastructure and these rails

Oga, Buhari met railway in the advanced stages left by GEJ. He succeeded in connecting Maradi, in Niger republic, rather than getting the yeye Rotimi Amaechi to connect the whole country.

Where are the Buhari infrastructures that you talk about? Poverty infrastructure maybe.

If Amaechi had focused on connecting railway to the SS and SE, would it not have made sense. Infact it would generate more income for the FG, than the wasted Maradi venture.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Governors: Collaborate To Develop Regional Railway Infrastructure by Menclothing: 12:25pm On Sep 08, 2023
Region should collaborate on food production airport
Transportation medicals etc
Re: FG To Governors: Collaborate To Develop Regional Railway Infrastructure by bjdon: 12:28pm On Sep 08, 2023
igwebuike01:

I agree. More resources need to be allocated to the states and LGA's, so that they can take on more responsibilities. In all honesty things like Power, Rail, Airports, sea ports, should actually be states to manage. The FG is way too powerful and that's why nothing works in this country
Re: FG To Governors: Collaborate To Develop Regional Railway Infrastructure by wink2015(m): 12:28pm On Sep 08, 2023
Regional collaboration can not work without regional constitution.

1 Like

Re: FG To Governors: Collaborate To Develop Regional Railway Infrastructure by BJanta: 12:36pm On Sep 08, 2023
aklid:

It was Abacha that destroyed the Nigeria railway so that the North couldtake totally take over long haulage sector of transportation in the country. And of course Obasanjo government was a adhoc-comittee-based administration. He would set up committee and commissions. They would talk and talk , as he himself just likes to talk, it's white paper that would never be read that would come out of the entire event.
Re: FG To Governors: Collaborate To Develop Regional Railway Infrastructure by Zorn: 12:36pm On Sep 08, 2023
aklid:
Why are you people like this ? The railway started coming to life the short spell of president GEJ buhari continued it though . Please dont rewrite history its couple of years back .
Re: FG To Governors: Collaborate To Develop Regional Railway Infrastructure by orisa37: 12:45pm On Sep 08, 2023
Very good Directives. They are your first line Ministers.
Give them equal sufficient allocations to enable them all link up with the Federal Grid.
Re: FG To Governors: Collaborate To Develop Regional Railway Infrastructure by Abifarin16: 12:47pm On Sep 08, 2023
That's the only way to deepen development. If the states can make particular infrastructures available, they should team up with member states in the geo-political zones.

Even this electricity issues should be treated thus, the GPZ should start generating thier own power, even if it's is 50MGW of power that adds 300 to the National Grid at least.
We just have leaders who want to come and go without leaving any legacy behind.
Re: FG To Governors: Collaborate To Develop Regional Railway Infrastructure by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:49pm On Sep 08, 2023
Meaning? After the FG must have approve the railway projects from Lagos to ibadan, Abuja to kaduna-kano, and even to Niger republic (maradi).....but ignore portharcourt to enugu.
Now they are asking for regional collaboration n states government to sponsor such projects.
What a shame!

1 Like

Re: FG To Governors: Collaborate To Develop Regional Railway Infrastructure by Cantonese: 12:55pm On Sep 08, 2023
LZAA:
The same railway system APCheat claimed to have revived?
😄😄
I laff in Cantonese
Smh

Ataya baba.

APC be like crab. Go front, go side, go back. All movements in one circle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Governors: Collaborate To Develop Regional Railway Infrastructure by starstaz(m): 1:09pm On Sep 08, 2023
Rail conversation through regional cooperation has just began. Let's keep the conversation growing till we struck a right chord that will initiate translation of ideas to action. Pls keep it flowing.
Re: FG To Governors: Collaborate To Develop Regional Railway Infrastructure by SmartPolician: 1:20pm On Sep 08, 2023
djon78:

Actually if the regions want they don't need Federal government to begin some kind of restructuring by doing things together

Example this rail project

Sensible States should come together and do this rail project

It will bring integration and boost the Economy of such region especially Trade and other stuffs

Then FG can come in with its own intervention and play it's part, if the states are serious

The problem is that most if not all of our politicians don't think

They don't have the capacity for basic critical thinking

So darkness, backwardness and underdevelopment saturates everywhere

It's not about thinking. Nigerian law doesn't allow state governors fix Interstate projects. They must get federal approval for it. Nigeria has exclusive and concurrent lists.

Besides, many of them don't have the money to finance such capital-intensive projects. Even Buhari had to borrow a lot of money from China to finance his railway projects. If you want governors to have more funds, allow everyone control their resources and pay tax to the centre.
Re: FG To Governors: Collaborate To Develop Regional Railway Infrastructure by Charly68: 1:45pm On Sep 08, 2023
.can they do that? They are so myopic that I asked myself where have we missed it.. The likes of Awolowo and Azikwe did so much with little resources but today ,the story is different. They get billions as allocation but got nothing to show for it apart from their private jets
Re: FG To Governors: Collaborate To Develop Regional Railway Infrastructure by Boldideas: 1:54pm On Sep 08, 2023
Morbeta11:

https://www.thecable.ng/fg-to-governors-collaborate-to-develop-regional-railway-infrastructure-to-improve-trade/amp

The man whose destiny was nailed by Wike Wine ought to have ensured this was the order of the day.
Re: FG To Governors: Collaborate To Develop Regional Railway Infrastructure by DMerciful(m): 1:57pm On Sep 08, 2023
You're a kid! If not GEJ work on railway, Bubu wouldn't have touched it. GEJ did more for the railways than Bubu who built railway to Niger thats a total waste
aklid:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Governors: Collaborate To Develop Regional Railway Infrastructure by xpiranza88: 1:58pm On Sep 08, 2023
So true they can connect it to Lagos from the south east state for high volume of trade....but them no go fit do am na to they blame others for failure from the south east

Good news

Oya SouthEast you have no excuse now

SouthEast is a Tiny region, the Size of Oyo State and Niger State...

They can construct a rail serving South East within 3 years

.[/quote]
Re: FG To Governors: Collaborate To Develop Regional Railway Infrastructure by Arapmoi22: 2:01pm On Sep 08, 2023
Sanwoolu, Abiodun, Makinde, Adeleke, Oyebanji and Akeredolu.

I hope you all can hear clearly.

We, the people of Southwest are not asking you to finance it, just get investors to partner with.

Do this and leave the backward people to claim that they are developers.
Re: FG To Governors: Collaborate To Develop Regional Railway Infrastructure by Ttipsy(f): 2:06pm On Sep 08, 2023
valentineuwakwe:
Meaning? After the FG must have approve the railway projects from Lagos to ibadan, Abuja to kaduna-kano, and even to Niger republic (maradi).....but ignore portharcourt to enugu.
Now they are asking for regional collaboration n states government to sponsor such projects.
What a shame!
I think buhari already had plan for that . Continuity is the issue here
Re: FG To Governors: Collaborate To Develop Regional Railway Infrastructure by JIBO4REAL(m): 5:47pm On Sep 08, 2023
igwebuike01:

Are you in the system
How much federal Government give state governor of each state
Re: FG To Governors: Collaborate To Develop Regional Railway Infrastructure by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:50pm On Sep 08, 2023
Ttipsy:
I think buhari already had plan for that . Continuity is the issue here
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bayo Onanuga: Tinubu Has No Plan To Move Nigeria's Capital To Lagos / Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins / INEC Takes Final Decision On Anambra Guber Election Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.