Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,672 members, 7,820,357 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Who Should Win The Next Ballon D'or? Messi Vs Haaland - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Should Win The Next Ballon D'or? Messi Vs Haaland (526 Views)

Ronaldo's Response To Pascal Ferré's Claim About Ballon D'or & Messi / Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi / Comparing The Penalty Played By Messi Vs The One Ronaldo Played (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Should Win The Next Ballon D'or? Messi Vs Haaland by Aldebaran(m): 10:27am On Sep 08, 2023
Who should win the next Ballon d'Or? 🏆

Lionel Messi or Erling Haaland

1 Like

Re: Who Should Win The Next Ballon D'or? Messi Vs Haaland by Aldebaran(m): 10:27am On Sep 08, 2023
Messi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Should Win The Next Ballon D'or? Messi Vs Haaland by Aldebaran(m): 10:27am On Sep 08, 2023
Haaland

1 Like

Re: Who Should Win The Next Ballon D'or? Messi Vs Haaland by Iagos: 10:35am On Sep 08, 2023
Mercy Aigbe 😂
Re: Who Should Win The Next Ballon D'or? Messi Vs Haaland by Jeon(f): 10:42am On Sep 08, 2023
Bernard Messi
😂

5 Likes

Re: Who Should Win The Next Ballon D'or? Messi Vs Haaland by ojun50(m): 10:59am On Sep 08, 2023
Bro Bernard Messi grin grin
Re: Who Should Win The Next Ballon D'or? Messi Vs Haaland by mayor1814: 8:45pm On Sep 08, 2023
Lionel Messi. The only deserving of it.

Haaland's case is weak for winning the
@ballondor
5 finals, 0 goals, 0 assist, 0 motm, his highest rating 6.8, Haaland in semi finals 0 goals, 0 assist, 0 motm. Modric won it for his performance at the World Cup. Messi deserves it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Should Win The Next Ballon D'or? Messi Vs Haaland by OJEEMAH(m): 3:15am On Sep 09, 2023
mayor1814:
Lionel Messi. The only deserving of it.

Haaland's case is weak for winning the
@ballondor
5 finals, 0 goals, 0 assist, 0 motm, his highest rating 6.8, Haaland in semi finals 0 goals, 0 assist, 0 motm. Modric won it for his performance at the World Cup. Messi deserves it.
Modric did not win Balon D’or because of his World Cup performance.

Don’t forget he did great in UCL with Madrid which earned him UEFA Player of the Year.

If you say Messi deserve it because of World Cup alone, many people will remind you of 2010.

Individually, no one comes close to Messi in 2010 but he had a weak performance in South Africa.

World Cup should have been used to judge the winner but there was no outstanding player at the World Cup.

Many people would argue that Sneijder deserves 2010 cos inter won treble and Netherlands did good at the World Cup but they individually Sneijder was not really fantastic.

If his individual performances were really good, Milito would not have beaten him to UEFA, Seria A & Inter Milan Player of the Year in 2010.

Just like Jorginho, Sneijder was just part a winning team though he was slightly better than Jorginho.

Iniesta should have won 2010. He won the world cup and every other thing with Messi.

Messi being a world champion and golden ball winner plus his outstanding performances in ligue one and Inter Miami.

Even though he won European Golden Boot and UCL Top scorer, missing the World Cup will likely reduce his chances of winning
Re: Who Should Win The Next Ballon D'or? Messi Vs Haaland by mayor1814: 7:55am On Sep 09, 2023
OJEEMAH:
Modric did not win Balon D’or because of his World Cup performance.

Don’t forget he did great in UCL with Madrid which earned him UEFA Player of the Year.

If you say Messi deserve it because of World Cup alone, many people will remind you of 2010.

Individually, no one comes close to Messi in 2010 but he had a weak performance in South Africa.

World Cup should have been used to judge the winner but there was no outstanding player at the World Cup.

Many people would argue that Sneijder deserves 2010 cos inter won treble and Netherlands did good at the World Cup but they individually Sneijder was not really fantastic.

If his individual performances were really good, Milito would not have beaten him to UEFA, Seria A & Inter Milan Player of the Year in 2010.

Just like Jorginho, Sneijder was just part a winning team though he was slightly better than Jorginho.

Iniesta should have won 2010. He won the world cup and every other thing with Messi.

Messi being a world champion and golden ball winner plus his outstanding performances in ligue one and Inter Miami.

Even though he won European Golden Boot and UCL Top scorer, missing the World Cup will likely reduce his chances of winning

Yeah I got ur point. All I'm just trying to emphasize is that MESSI IS THE ONLY PLAYER THAT DESERVES THE BALLON D'OR THIS YEAR. Haaland case is very weak. Poor performances in major finals and semi finals. And beside goals, I don't see any other special thing Haaland does well.

Should we start talking of Messi work rate, killer passes, dribbles, assists, motivating his teams etc? The list is endless. Clearly Messi deserves it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Should Win The Next Ballon D'or? Messi Vs Haaland by OJEEMAH(m): 7:11pm On Sep 09, 2023
mayor1814:

Yeah I got ur point. All I'm just trying to emphasize is that MESSI IS THE ONLY PLAYER THAT DESERVES THE BALLON D'OR THIS YEAR. Haaland case is very weak. Poor performances in major finals and semi finals. And beside goals, I don't see any other special thing Haaland does well.

Should we start talking of Messi work rate, killer passes, dribbles, assists, motivating his teams etc? The list is endless. Clearly Messi deserves it.
Actually, I don’t fancy his style of play. Even Ronaldo that most people consider to be a tapin merchant uses the ball better in his early years.

Messi is a worthy winner but don’t write Haaland off
Re: Who Should Win The Next Ballon D'or? Messi Vs Haaland by mayor1814: 10:03pm On Sep 09, 2023
OJEEMAH:
Actually, I don’t fancy his style of play. Even Ronaldo that most people consider to be a tapin merchant uses the ball better in his early years.

Let me ask u dis. Apart from being an expert in scoring goals, I give that to him, what other aspect do u fancy Haaland?
Re: Who Should Win The Next Ballon D'or? Messi Vs Haaland by Moskido: 10:18pm On Sep 09, 2023
OJEEMAH:

Let me hear word , young ronaldo is too exceptional to be compared to dat basic baller called halland...I hve written him off since,, he does less on d pitch apart from tappings and penalties.... Aside messi, Mbappe is the current versatile player now...but still the KING OF FOOTBALL *MESSI* must be honoured... His 8th ballor dor can't be denied
Re: Who Should Win The Next Ballon D'or? Messi Vs Haaland by Ade1177: 10:53pm On Sep 09, 2023
Moskido:

Let me hear word , young ronaldo is too exceptional to be compared to dat basic baller called halland...I hve written him off since,, he does less on d pitch apart from tappings and penalties.... Aside messi, Mbappe is the current versatile player now...but still the KING OF FOOTBALL *MESSI* must be honoured... His 8th ballor dor can't be denied

This is what I used to tell people and they pretend it's not true

If not for Cristiano Ronaldo

Messi will have 12 ballon dor

Nobody I repeat nobody can compete with him

All others are either 1 or 2 season. Wonders or tappins merchant

Only Ronaldo could steal 5 from him during his prime

So Messi is winning this over haaland

As Ronaldo is now washed asin so disappointing he is a shadow of himself

But guess 20yrs was enough
I watch Ronaldo yesterday in Portugal and he has been doing for long

He is like a lukaku

When he was younger he was good enough to battle Messi

Now it's sad how far he has fallen to not being able to dribble 1 player or SPRINT. RONALDO that was faster than Mbappe
Re: Who Should Win The Next Ballon D'or? Messi Vs Haaland by OJEEMAH(m): 9:58am On Sep 10, 2023
mayor1814:

Let me ask u dis. Apart from being an expert in scoring goals, I give that to him, what other aspect do u fancy Haaland?
but I just told you I don’t like his style of play cos his game is just about goal scoring. I prefer Harry Kane to him.

(1) (Reply)

Nff To Make Coaching U-turn. / NFF Sets Nations Cup Final Target For Siasia! / Drogba Diagnosed With Malaria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.