Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,038 members, 7,828,642 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

PEPT Wants Supreme Court To Disqualify My Appeal – Atiku Cries Out - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PEPT Wants Supreme Court To Disqualify My Appeal – Atiku Cries Out (16803 Views)

Tribunal: APC Senators Have Right To Appeal; Atiku, Obi Have No Ground – Yahaya / Rivers Poll: Court Okays Suit Seeking To Disqualify Wike Over Birth Certificate / 2019 Presidency: Atiku Cries Out Over Inec’s Decision To Use Incident Forms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PEPT Wants Supreme Court To Disqualify My Appeal – Atiku Cries Out by adekolaelect(m): 8:55am On Sep 09, 2023
Sorry Atiku .. you lost out ... Stop vending your hanger on Judiciary but Obi and Wikes Team who dashed out your last opportunity to become the president of Nigeria.
Re: PEPT Wants Supreme Court To Disqualify My Appeal – Atiku Cries Out by complexstuffs(m): 8:56am On Sep 09, 2023
Jostoman:
tell your client to give Atiku and obi copy of the judgement and stop frustrating them.

Get well soon
Re: PEPT Wants Supreme Court To Disqualify My Appeal – Atiku Cries Out by Princewill1(m): 9:01am On Sep 09, 2023
I see Atiku as being more likely emerge the president from this whole process than Obi.

That your passport expired doesn't invalidate your citizenship. Infact an expired passport is a legit proof of citizenship of a country.

If Atiku can prove the Guinean passport. Tinubu will be disqualified and the second runners up Atiku will be install as the president.
Re: PEPT Wants Supreme Court To Disqualify My Appeal – Atiku Cries Out by Jostoman: 9:01am On Sep 09, 2023
complexstuffs:

Get well soon
And you too sir
Re: PEPT Wants Supreme Court To Disqualify My Appeal – Atiku Cries Out by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 9:07am On Sep 09, 2023
maestroferddi:
No dey misyarn...

The copies of the judgement should have been made available the following day.

It was the PEPT that fixed the date for ruling so any pretext they bring forward for not making the transcript of the judgement available will not hold water.

Maybe they were expecting the petition to accept their output without challenging it.
A judgement which tarred every application with a minimalist brush of technicalities.

You look at Nigerian judicial system and you have to shake your head.

U no be lawyer na why u dey cap careless, ask any lawyer friend u hv , how sone it always is to get judgement transcript
Re: PEPT Wants Supreme Court To Disqualify My Appeal – Atiku Cries Out by OBIDIENTNAIJA: 9:08am On Sep 09, 2023
OAFMods:
Pandora. Obi with Pandora looting mind set is what we want n that is why Nigerians did not vote for him. De there de mumu your father dishing out propaganda

That's the problem. Your cornfued people type with emotions. You said nothing
Re: PEPT Wants Supreme Court To Disqualify My Appeal – Atiku Cries Out by highchief1: 9:17am On Sep 09, 2023
Re: PEPT Wants Supreme Court To Disqualify My Appeal – Atiku Cries Out by dustydee: 9:24am On Sep 09, 2023

Re: PEPT Wants Supreme Court To Disqualify My Appeal – Atiku Cries Out by saintkel(m): 9:32am On Sep 09, 2023
OAFMods:
Pandora. Obi with Pandora looting mind set is what we want n that is why Nigerians did not vote for him. De there de mumu your father dishing out propaganda

u r simply a lost soul....u won't attack Atiku but will rush to attack Obi, u Yoruba guys should be careful o
Re: PEPT Wants Supreme Court To Disqualify My Appeal – Atiku Cries Out by maestroferddi: 9:33am On Sep 09, 2023
NtoAkwaIbom:

U no be lawyer na why u dey cap careless, ask any lawyer friend u hv , how sone it always is to get judgement transcript
The problem with people like you is that you have a brain but refused to use it.

You consume whatever you are told without asking questions...

People like you are among the reasons why we are where we are as a country.

A smarter way to have jumped into a matter in which you are glaringly at sea would have been to avail me with an extant law that gave a time limit before a judge could transmit a certified true copy of a judgement.

You don't just come hear to waste my time oga...
Re: PEPT Wants Supreme Court To Disqualify My Appeal – Atiku Cries Out by zoedew: 9:41am On Sep 09, 2023
Bobloco:

https://dailypost.ng/2023/09/08/pept-wants-supreme-court-to-disqualify-my-appeal-atiku-cries-out/
Certified true copies of the judgment has become freely available online since midday yesterday. Atiku's lawyers should simply get to work and cease bellyaching in the bid to have their appeal heard in the court of public opinion whose judgment is to no avail. They travelled that road once and we all know whose word is law today!
Re: PEPT Wants Supreme Court To Disqualify My Appeal – Atiku Cries Out by maestroferddi: 9:44am On Sep 09, 2023
dustydee:

Same thing that has been on the internet since yesterday afternoon?
Dumb point...

You don't use a social media copy to prepare a defence.

We are in Nigeria and we know how the system works.

Only a fool would use that copy to work.

You think we are in nursery school here?

Can you imagine a scenario where a naive lawyer prepares a defence on the internet copy of for the true copy to emerge like 3 days to the deadline with what may look like minor alterations but have definitive legal implications?

Then the lawyer would then fall into a well-laid landmine.

This thing is no for small children, ogbeni...
Re: PEPT Wants Supreme Court To Disqualify My Appeal – Atiku Cries Out by Lama70(m): 9:49am On Sep 09, 2023
yeman05:
But why are this people always wanting to be preemptive? Why are they always crying out. Can't they just go ahead with their appeal with making noise? I am very sure thier counsels won't be noble enough to advise them against appealing despite the clarity of the judgment by the tribunal. They will make money na.

That lawyers want to make money from Atiku should not be anyone's headache. I think the tribunal should give them whatever can further their quest for the justice they said they are desiring.
Re: PEPT Wants Supreme Court To Disqualify My Appeal – Atiku Cries Out by Lovelink1991(f): 9:50am On Sep 09, 2023
JUDICIAL COUP

Watch how politicians and Tribunal Judges took advantage of Nigerians weakness to pass out their evil judgment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCDWbzeQ-FU?si=hGrXgu4-DhVHgcZP
Re: PEPT Wants Supreme Court To Disqualify My Appeal – Atiku Cries Out by Teenaira: 9:53am On Sep 09, 2023
AllenSpencer:
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Atiku is still crying when the party is over!

Those deceiving Atiku will never make heaven.

Shebi Atiku steal Nigeria blind. Let other people cash out from him too naa.
Re: PEPT Wants Supreme Court To Disqualify My Appeal – Atiku Cries Out by MT: 10:10am On Sep 09, 2023
Bobloco:

https://dailypost.ng/2023/09/08/pept-wants-supreme-court-to-disqualify-my-appeal-atiku-cries-out/

Always putting the cart before the horse.

Why doesn't he even allow his lawyers to digest the judgement first, and arrive at any ground of appeal, if any, before saying he was heading to the tribunal.

Always crying wolf where there is none
Re: PEPT Wants Supreme Court To Disqualify My Appeal – Atiku Cries Out by famology(m): 10:10am On Sep 09, 2023
Alarmist.......
Re: PEPT Wants Supreme Court To Disqualify My Appeal – Atiku Cries Out by Baatunde(m): 10:17am On Sep 09, 2023
Complete drama queen. Laying the foundation already for his perceived failure at the Supreme court. Anyone would tell you how long it normally takes to get these judgement copied and ready to be dispatched to interested parties even in ordinary civil cases not to talk of a high profile one like this where all due care must be taken to transcribe correctly.

Christistruth03:

Atiku is a Drama Queen

1 Like

Re: PEPT Wants Supreme Court To Disqualify My Appeal – Atiku Cries Out by Baatunde(m): 10:23am On Sep 09, 2023
Like someone replied you, it appears you have no idea how the process works and you should defer to those who do and stop embarrassing yourself with ignorance. You are implying that a judgement that has not been read out should have been transcribed already on the same judgement day? It does not even happen that quick in an ordinary civil case. What is the rush?

maestroferddi:
No dey misyarn...

The copies of the judgement should have been made available the following day.

It was the PEPT that fixed the date for ruling so any pretext they bring forward for not making the transcript of the judgement available will not hold water.

Maybe they were expecting the petition to accept their output without challenging it.
A judgement which tarred every application with a minimalist brush of technicalities.

You look at Nigerian judicial system and you have to shake your head.

Re: PEPT Wants Supreme Court To Disqualify My Appeal – Atiku Cries Out by HNICEARTH: 10:41am On Sep 09, 2023
ecolime:

It doesn't stop them from preparing. They should prepare their appeal with what is in the public domain while they await the CTC.

It's too early to start crying wolf

How do you guys come up with excuse for incompetence and wickedness?

Amongst the public, respondents and petitioners, who should first get a copy of the judgement? Who needs it most for further judicial jurisprudence?
Re: PEPT Wants Supreme Court To Disqualify My Appeal – Atiku Cries Out by HNICEARTH: 10:55am On Sep 09, 2023
yeman05:
But why are this people always wanting to be preemptive? Why are they always crying out. Can't they just go ahead with their appeal with making noise? I am very sure thier counsels won't be noble enough to advise them against appealing despite the clarity of the judgment by the tribunal. They will make money na.

How do you file for an appeal without having a copy of the CTC of the judgement and going through it?

What will they file for?

No matter how clear a judgement is, as far as there is a higher court that will sit and listen to the appeal, the law encourages the petitioner to go that route because it helps deepen jurisprudence.

You mentioned money as if money is a problem to people like Atiku, Obi and Tinubu.

No go hustle so your money can work and push issues for you to the limit. Rich people make moves because money makes the world go round, while poor people like you resign to fate without putting up a fight.
Re: PEPT Wants Supreme Court To Disqualify My Appeal – Atiku Cries Out by Timmi: 11:04am On Sep 09, 2023
Bobloco:

Point of correction, it is Atiku’s quest and not Nigerian quest for justice. Justice has spoken loud and clear but because the ruling was not according to what Atiku’s marabout told him, he wants to appeal which he is totally and completely entitled to.
Re: PEPT Wants Supreme Court To Disqualify My Appeal – Atiku Cries Out by MRMRMR: 11:28am On Sep 09, 2023
Ddeliverer007:
INEC delayed them access to some materials.

Now the PEPT is doing the same thing, denying them access to the certified true copies of the judgement they read out.

Some idiots here are laughing without understanding what exactly is happening. If this nonsense is allowed to go on, then this country is truly finished.

Allow them access to the judgement, so they can go to the Supreme Court. What kind of nonsense is this. The same nonsense INEC did. All these because of money and bribe..

It’s such a pity..
You go wail tire. You see some one crying wolf over nothing, instead of consoling him (atiku), you join am dey cry.
Re: PEPT Wants Supreme Court To Disqualify My Appeal – Atiku Cries Out by Emola12(m): 11:29am On Sep 09, 2023
AllenSpencer:
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Atiku is still crying when the party is over!

Those deceiving Atiku will never make heaven.
those deceiving you will not die better
Re: PEPT Wants Supreme Court To Disqualify My Appeal – Atiku Cries Out by dustydee: 11:44am On Sep 09, 2023
maestroferddi:
Dumb point...

You don't use a social media copy to prepare a defence.

We are in Nigeria and we know how the system works.

Only a fool would use that copy to work.

You think we are in nursery school here?

Can you imagine a scenario where a naive lawyer prepares a defence on the internet copy of for the true copy to emerge like 3 days to the deadline with what may look like minor alterations but have definitive legal implications?

Then the lawyer would then fall into a well-laid landmine.

This thing is no for small children, ogbeni...

I guess the point is lost on you. I deliberately showed you the screenshot of the page showing that the copy was obatined from the court after going through the process including payment of the fees. If his lawyers had done that, they will not be denied a copy. And if they are concerned about receiving it late, they can still have a head start with the copy obtained by that legal firm and start preparing thier appeal pending when they will receive thier own copy, it's called being proactive. Now who's the "dumb" one?
Re: PEPT Wants Supreme Court To Disqualify My Appeal – Atiku Cries Out by JetApartment: 11:55am On Sep 09, 2023
OAFMods:

Here comes another fellow cursed with "may Peter Obi's name never depart from your lips"...the thread is about Atiku but because the Obi curse is so strong you have to mention his name...grin grin grin grin
Re: PEPT Wants Supreme Court To Disqualify My Appeal – Atiku Cries Out by maestroferddi: 11:57am On Sep 09, 2023
Baatunde:

Like someone replied you, it appears you have no idea how the process works and you should defer to those who do and stop embarrassing yourself with ignorance. You are implying that a judgement that has not been read out should have been transcribed already on the same judgement day? It does not even happen that quick in an ordinary civil case. What is the rush?

You are wasting my time .

All of you in that camp are known for groupthinking so cut the crap...

You cannot think think to save your lives.

The judges that gave that verdict are in the country and so it stands to reason that as reasonable and sentient persons, they ought to have anticipated the likely reaction of the petitioners whose prayers were completely dismissed.

So why should it be beyond the scope of your thought process to see that an auspicious thing should have been that the judges should have arranged a framework for the prompt rendition of the certified true copies within 24 hours of giving verdict?

In a scenario where you should anticipate possible allusion to bias, why should you help those making them have a basis?

Just like I asked above, please show me any prevailing law in Nigeria that fixes a time limit before courts can transmit certified copies of judgements...

If you cannot do that then you should have the civility to admit that you have been wasting my time.

I am sure that the judges are kind of embarrassed by this development. They will be not argue blindly like you.

That something has been happening out of negligence and timidity of people to question the process doesn't give legality and legitimacy.

Almost every stakeholder agrees that our legal and judicial system needs serious reforms. The days when some judges and judicial officers strode along like demigods with no-one questioning their crass incompetence and blatant errors are over.

Take your time to go through the above before rushing to give thoughtless rejoinders because matters like these are beyond noisemaking on an uncensored platform like this one...
Re: PEPT Wants Supreme Court To Disqualify My Appeal – Atiku Cries Out by Ddeliverer007(m): 12:02pm On Sep 09, 2023
MRMRMR:

You go wail tire. You see some one crying wolf over nothing, instead of consoling him (atiku), you join am dey cry.

See idiot. How your life be after the Buhari wey you support? Now you still continue to support another useless drug lord and your life continues to fall apart. Fool.
Re: PEPT Wants Supreme Court To Disqualify My Appeal – Atiku Cries Out by maestroferddi: 12:12pm On Sep 09, 2023
dustydee:

I guess the point is lost on you. I deliberately showed you the screenshot of the page showing that the copy was obatined from the court after going through the process including payment of the fees. If his lawyers had done that, they will not be denied a copy. And if they are concerned about receiving it late, they can still have a head start with the copy obtained by that legal firm and start preparing thier appeal pending when they will receive thier own copy, it's called being proactive. Now who's the "dumb" one?
You are arguing for the sake of argument oga.

We are talking the law here and you don't expect a party that feels that it got the short of the stick to be "proactive" when it clear that the judges should have ensured that the copies were ready before fixing a judgement day.

I will not be surprised if this delay is occasion by something as mundane as not having functional computers and printers.

That is the Nigeria system. Most people have been accepting it as a norm until someone calls them out on it and people like you are coming to sound off on something you have no clues on...
Re: PEPT Wants Supreme Court To Disqualify My Appeal – Atiku Cries Out by rafcrown(m): 12:26pm On Sep 09, 2023
PA ATIKU ,YOU REALLY NEED COUNSELLING. IS IT BY FORCE TO RULE? WHY ARE YOU SO DESPERATE TO BE THERE,TO SERVE OR TO .....?
Re: PEPT Wants Supreme Court To Disqualify My Appeal – Atiku Cries Out by OAFMods: 12:56pm On Sep 09, 2023
How many Atiku supporter insulted Kumuyi Soyinka n others ?

saintkel:
u r simply a lost soul....u won't attack Atiku but will rush to attack Obi, u Yoruba guys should be careful o
saintkel:
Re: PEPT Wants Supreme Court To Disqualify My Appeal – Atiku Cries Out by kcbaba007: 1:08pm On Sep 09, 2023
I'm not surprised, the judiciary has been compromised by the demonic party, just like inec, DSS, efcc, police, it has become another arm of the evil party.

Anyone having hope in the judiciary is on his/her own.

Man's last hope for justice is no longer the judiciary, man's last hope for justice is on man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ibadan Explosion: CAC Documents Of The Mining Firm Carry Foreign Names - Makinde / Katsina Announces Death Sentence For Kidnappers, Cattle Rustlers / 2023 Presidency: Osinbajo Will Not Declare Intention Thursday - Daily Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.