Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,421 members, 7,830,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Omotola Jalade Wins Favourite West African Actress At Screen Nation Awards - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Omotola Jalade Wins Favourite West African Actress At Screen Nation Awards (1396 Views)

Queen Nwokoye Wins Best Actress At BON After Clinching ZAFAA Award / Meet The Hottest & Prettiest Yoruba Actress At The Moment (photos) / Charlize Theron Is The Best African Actress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omotola Jalade Wins Favourite West African Actress At Screen Nation Awards by bovy: 11:05am On Oct 17, 2011
2011 Screen Nation Film and TV Awards was held last night at Indigo 02 ,London. Nollywood star actress Omotola jalade won the Favourite west African actress category , while Ghallywood star actor , Majid Micheal won the favourite west African actor category .

Favourite West African actress
Ama K abebrese
Funke Akindele
Genevieve Nnaji
Jackie Appiah
Mercy Johnson
Omotola Jalade-----Winner

http://www./2011/10/omotola-jalade-ekehinde-wins-favourite.html#ixzz1b2390F8T
Re: Omotola Jalade Wins Favourite West African Actress At Screen Nation Awards by Nakele(f): 5:58pm On Oct 17, 2011
BTW, how the hell did this woman win? Gene and Mercy deserved the title better
Re: Omotola Jalade Wins Favourite West African Actress At Screen Nation Awards by anonymous6(f): 7:11pm On Oct 17, 2011
Nakele:

BTW, how the hell did this woman win? Gene and Mercy deserved the title better

Not everybody agrees with that opinion, and the way I see it Genevieve has many awards under her belt, and Mercy is not in that level yet to get that title as far as I am concerned because outside Nigeria, genevieve, omotola, have more of a favored following then Mercy Johnson, especially since Genevieve had a interview with CNN and Omotola was used by CNN as a example for Nigeria being number five sexist accent in the world

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvmovie/58691/3/nigerian-accent-ranked-fifth-sexiest-in-the-world-.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_zOOPNgA_A
Re: Omotola Jalade Wins Favourite West African Actress At Screen Nation Awards by anonymous6(f): 7:37pm On Oct 17, 2011
bovy:

2011 Screen Nation Film and TV Awards  was held last night at Indigo 02 ,London. Nollywood star actress Omotola jalade won the Favourite west African actress category , while Ghallywood star actor , Majid Micheal won the favourite west African actor category .

Favourite West African actress
Ama K abebrese
Funke Akindele
Genevieve Nnaji
Jackie Appiah
Mercy Johnson
Omotola Jalade-----Winner

http://www./2011/10/omotola-jalade-ekehinde-wins-favourite.html#ixzz1b2390F8T

I am not surprised about Majid Michels win because even though he is a rookie compared to Mike Ezurounye, Desmond Elliot, Van vicker & ramsey noauh but his talent as a actor in a way surpasses them. So for him to make that impact & shock value in a short time compared to other actors in Nollywood & Ghollywood today; and the fan base he has generated I am not surprised.

When it comes to the female list well there is not way Funke Akindele and Ama K. Abebrese would have win especially against the others in the list because Funke Akindele is more popular in the Yoruba film industry & among the Yoruba tribe over the Nollywood English industry and other tribes in Nigeria. If it wasn't for the movie Jenifa(which is a Nollywood yoruba movie), she wouldn't have been known outside the Yoruba industry at all by other tribes and to other west africans outside Nigeria in a way. Ama K. Abebrese is a acclaimed actress and has won a AMAA but her popularity is more outside of west africa then inside west africa that she is not as recognizable by movie industries(Ghollywood/Nollywood) or society in general in West africa over people like Genevieve or Jackie Appiah and etc; her name is not even known as much or comes to mind when they think of a west african actress: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ama_K._Abebrese

the rest four had a chance but I feel this was a award between Omotola Jalade & Genevieve Nnaji. Jackie Appiah is a good actress and a AMAA winner and my favorite Ghollywood & Ghanian actress, also she has been voted as Nigeria's favorite actress from Ghana but against actresses like Genevieve and Omotola there was no chance. Mercy Johnson is a good actress and one of the top Nollywood actresses in Nigeria but her resume & popularity doesn't beat Genevieve Nnaji or Omotola's resume in the Nollywood business. Genevieve Nnaji is one of the best actresses in Nollywood and has one of the best resumes, she has done many Nollywood movies in her resume, won awards like the AMAA, and has done international movies like Anchor baby & Ije, interviewed & featured by CNN five times and definitely has the talent BUT she can't stay on top forever and she hasn't done more movies then Omotola jalade this year, plus Omotola is the only actress that has a similar resume to Genevieve except the AMAA win and CNN interview besides that they are head to head with each other now in the business as far as I am concerned. genevieve can't always win everything and Mercy will get her time, the writings are on the wall for her in the future. So I congratulate Omotola, especially with the two international movies she has done this year(The Ties that bind with Kimberly Elise & [i]Amina [/i]with Van Vicker) and one two years ago(IJE with Genevieve nnaji)
Re: Omotola Jalade Wins Favourite West African Actress At Screen Nation Awards by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 17, 2011
Favourite West African actor
Hakeem Kae Kazim
John Dumelo
[size=15pt]Majid Michel-- Winner[/size]
Mike Ezurunoye
Osita Iheme
Ramsey Nouah

Absolutely well deserved. Best actor we have in Africa today. Thank God people have started seeing it.
Re: Omotola Jalade Wins Favourite West African Actress At Screen Nation Awards by anonymous6(f): 7:42pm On Oct 17, 2011
rokiatu:

Favourite West African actor
Hakeem Kae Kazim
John Dumelo
[size=15pt]Majid Michel-- Winner[/size]
Mike Ezurunoye
Osita Iheme
Ramsey Nouah

Absolutely well deserved. Best actor we have in Africa today. Thank God people have started seeing it.

I agree, Majid Michel deserved it even though he acts over the top sometimes in his movies but his talent surpasses everybody in that list
Re: Omotola Jalade Wins Favourite West African Actress At Screen Nation Awards by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 17, 2011
anonymous6:

I agree, Majid Michel deserved it even though he acts over the top sometimes in his movies but his talent surpasses everybody in that list
I truly believe he is a great actor. Yea I do agree with you, he does overacts a bit at times but in a year or two he will be perfect.
Re: Omotola Jalade Wins Favourite West African Actress At Screen Nation Awards by anonymous6(f): 7:49pm On Oct 17, 2011
rokiatu:

I truly believe he is a great actor. Yea I do agree with you, he does overacts a bit at times but in a year or two he will be perfect.

I agree

(1) (Reply)

SCARY: Popular Abuja TV Presenter Haunted By Owners Of Indian Hair She Fixed / Nollywood Actor, Aki Loses Father / Stephanie Okereke Loses Pregnancy To Miscarriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.