Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:09 AM

‎ - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / (240 Views)

Stop Being Offended By My Dressing Am Proud Muslim Lady Shuns Critics / Which Celebrity Defines Me....let Us Know / Jaiye Kuti Reacts To Rihanna’s Dressing: “This Is Madness” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

by Gentlelox: 2:40pm On Sep 09, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‎ by Kingosytex(m): 2:43pm On Sep 09, 2023
Believe it or not, the way you dress has along way to go in determining the way you are addressed.
This is an African setting not somewhere in America, Europe, or Australia.
You can't dress like a tout and expect not to be addressed as such.
Some police men once invaded a bar and arrested may guys, most of the people they arrested had dreads, ear rings and stuffs like that ___they left those they felt dressed properly.
I'm not saying that dreads and earrings are bad but you and I know it sends some kind of wrong signals in our locality.
You can go down for a crime you know absolutely nothing about simply because of your dressing.
Re: ‎ by Westerhoffe(m): 2:44pm On Sep 09, 2023
Yea… in the US/UK/Australia, nobody cares how you dress.

Here in Nigeria, everyone wants you to dress decently.
Trying to copy the above countries in that dress mode is how we flung morals out the windows.

Will you get inside now and change to something reasonable!
Re: ‎ by HAIREPARK: 5:26pm On Sep 09, 2023
Gentlelox:
I remember sometime ago. I went to my University Alumni reunion in Delta State University, Abraka.

I was dressed in a way i felt most comfortable on, on shot nicker, t-shirt, my hair on yellow dred and a nose ring on my nose. I have a tattoo but it was not visible because my shirt covered that part of my arm. I took Uber from my hotel to the school gate and when i was about entering, the security man stopped me.

"Oga, you can't enter." At first i was confused. Ok explain why. He came up with the nicker stuff and the nose ring issue. This was during the holiday time. I explained to the man that i was going for a reunion and not to exams or lectures. We argued for sometime and I could sense the security man was scared of me. Lol. The argument was obviously not going anywhere, after much deliberation, i decided to call my current Department HOD, he spoke with the gateman on the phone and the issue was resolved.

I know courtesy demands to dress responsibly. But it my absolute right as an adult to dress in a way i feel most comfortable in. I don't go about telling people how to dress. I don't force religion principles on anyone.

In the United State, people wear shots almost everywhere and they dress as they like without discrimination. We should learn to be open minded and accepted people for what they are rather than accept them for being hypocrite.
how can I post on nairaland?
Re: ‎ by HAIREPARK: 5:27pm On Sep 09, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Yea… in the US/UK/Australia, nobody cares how you dress.

Here in Nigeria, everyone wants you to dress decently.
Trying to copy the above countries in that dress mode is how we flung morals out the windows.

Will you get inside now and change to something reasonable!
how do I post on nairaland?
Re: ‎ by HAIREPARK: 5:28pm On Sep 09, 2023
Kingosytex:
Believe it or not, the way you dress has along way to go in determining the way you are addressed.
This is an African setting not somewhere in America, Europe, or Australia.
You can't dress like a tout and expect not to be addressed as such.
Some police men once invaded a bar and arrested may guys, most of the people they arrested had dreads, ear rings and stuffs like that ___they left those they felt dressed properly.
I'm not saying that dreads and earrings are bad but you and I know it sends some kind of wrong signals in our locality.
You can go down for a crime you know absolutely nothing about simply because of your dressing.
Re: ‎ by Westerhoffe(m): 5:33pm On Sep 09, 2023
HAIREPARK:

From the Nairaland homepage, click on the section related to your post.
Then find the Create New Topic submenu and click it.

Screenshot illustration included.

(1) (Reply)

Watch As Asake Sold Out The Barclays Center In Brooklyn,new York This Guy Na Fir / BUSTA RHYMES Pops On Jasperking's DM / Who Is This Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.