Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,829 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Please help,my Tenant Fighting Me In My Own House - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please help,my Tenant Fighting Me In My Own House (189 Views)

Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? / My Tenant Was Burnt To Death / What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please help,my Tenant Fighting Me In My Own House by educhigo: 3:30pm On Sep 09, 2023
Please help,my neighbor introduce this tenant to me that they need two bedroom flat,as negotiation of the rent going on they plead to me that he don't have caution fill, but anything he spoiled inside the house they will fix it immediately,I accepted,my lawyer wrote an agreement he sign, they have occupied the apartment for a year and six months, the rent expired last month he refused to pay rent, and I noticed that they spoil all fittings inside the house,I call him politely tell him to fix all the fittings he spoil, the respond I got from him is that,he will not fix it nor pay rent, that I should call police or go court,I have save them 7days quite notice through court, the seven days have expired and they refuse to park out, the tenant have been treating me and I'm only one living inside the compound, I'm single, urgent advise needed please, they need to vacate in that house immediately,
Re: Please help,my Tenant Fighting Me In My Own House by jaeyking(m): 3:45pm On Sep 09, 2023
Inside your own house

You have given them court order which have expired

You have a lawyer

And here u are asking us
What you would do

Make I no talk pass this
Re: Please help,my Tenant Fighting Me In My Own House by lordm(m): 3:50pm On Sep 09, 2023
Lock the door with padlock
Re: Please help,my Tenant Fighting Me In My Own House by meum: 4:02pm On Sep 09, 2023
If the court has served them a notice & the number of days have elapsed then approach the court to provide a bailiff & may be an officer who will come & do the needful. Follow proper legal route. Don’t put a padlock on their door nor remove their doors/roof.

As long as there was an agreement he signed. Just follow the legal means no even follow am talk again let him speak with your lawyer.

2 Likes

Re: Please help,my Tenant Fighting Me In My Own House by educhigo: 4:08pm On Sep 09, 2023
Thanks,my lawyer trying to charge me huge money to take on the case,I don't have such money to spend for the Case
meum:
If the court has served them a notice & the number of days have lapsed then approach the court to provide a bailiff & may be an officer who will come & do the needful. Follow proper legal route. Don’t put a padlock on their door nor remove their doors/roof.

As long as there was an agreement he signed. Just follow the legal means no even follow am talk again let him speak with your lawyer.
Re: Please help,my Tenant Fighting Me In My Own House by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 09, 2023
Justice is expensive here.If na Europe due the matter would have resolved.Na which area?Mushin or ajegunle?
Re: Please help,my Tenant Fighting Me In My Own House by meum: 4:26pm On Sep 09, 2023
educhigo:
Thanks,my lawyer trying to charge me huge money to take on the case,I don't have such money to spend for the Case
E fit no enter serious case. Your lawyer should calm down except he didn’t do the right thing. I’ve had similar experiences before.

One of them threatened fire & brimstone. Notorious for causing similar problems in rented apartments. He met his match in a good lawyer & a law abiding citizen as the owner of the house. He even got a lawyer & was ready to go to court. Meanwhile he couldn’t pay his rent as & when due. It was his lawyer that advised him to be calming down & look for where to move to ASAP because due process was followed & his lawyer was aware. The other one left on his own after the bailiff was brought in.

Always ensure you get a good lawyer. Let whoever is coming to rent your house pay all fees or no deal.

1 Like

Re: Please help,my Tenant Fighting Me In My Own House by Ogundex(m): 4:39pm On Sep 09, 2023
Since you served them notice through the court,take the p as op ers to the police to enforce the eviction...
Re: Please help,my Tenant Fighting Me In My Own House by educhigo: 4:50pm On Sep 09, 2023
educhigo:
Okpanam delta state
Re: Please help,my Tenant Fighting Me In My Own House by educhigo: 4:54pm On Sep 09, 2023
Thanks appreciate
meum:

E fit no enter serious case. Your lawyer should calm down except he didn’t do the right thing. I’ve had similar experiences before.

One of them threatened fire & brimstone. Notorious for causing similar problems in rented apartments. He met his match in a good lawyer & a law abiding citizen as the owner of the house. He even got a lawyer & was ready to go to court. Meanwhile he couldn’t pay his rent as & when due. It was his lawyer that advised him to be calming down & look for where to move to ASAP because due process was followed & his lawyer was aware. The other one left on his own after the bailiff was brought in.

Always ensure you get a good lawyer. Let whoever is coming to rent your house pay all fees or no deal.

(1) (Reply)

N1.5M Affordable Farm Land For Sale Just 25 Minutes From RCCG CAMP Gate / 6 Bedrooms Duplex (swimming pool) At Gwarinpa / Affordable Offer!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.