Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Please, is this okay for a learner? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please, is this okay for a learner? (560 Views)

Embarking On A Blockchain Development Journey: A Learner's Diary / Learner Here: Please Help Me Fix My Code / My Programming Park (rise Of A Learner) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, is this okay for a learner? by captainbangz: 5:15pm On Sep 09, 2023
Good day seniors and fellow colleagues in learning. lol.
I have seen lots of developers on here criticize some Devs for committing projects from tutorials on maybe YouTube to their GitHub repo.

How about pushing completed challenges on like say front-end mentor, at least, pending when I'll have personal projects I have executed?
Re: Please, is this okay for a learner? by jesmond3945: 7:41pm On Sep 09, 2023
captainbangz:
I have seen lots of developers on here criticize some Devs for committing projects from tutorials on maybe YouTube to their GitHub repo.

How about pushing completed challenges on like say front-end mentor, at least, pending when I'll have personal projects I have executed?
push. Open sourcing your code is helping the community to grow. If people were hiding their code, I don't think you would have been a developer today.

5 Likes

Re: Please, is this okay for a learner? by captainbangz: 8:19pm On Sep 09, 2023
jesmond3945:
push. Open sourcing your code is helping the community to grow. If people were hiding their code, I don't think you would have been a developer today.
Ok, I appreciate your response.
Re: Please, is this okay for a learner? by Paystack: 8:27pm On Sep 09, 2023
captainbangz:

Don't take most people's take here seriously 😂

There's only a handful of people here you should listen to... Those telling you not to commit your code on GitHub don't have any job or haven't actually built anything themselves.

As long as you're learning something from those tutorials please commit your code 😂

It's your _fucking code you typed yourself

5 Likes

Re: Please, is this okay for a learner? by jesmond3945: 8:02am On Sep 10, 2023
In addition to paystack's submission please cite the tutorials you got the code while showing places you made modifications.
Re: Please, is this okay for a learner? by captainbangz: 4:25pm On Sep 10, 2023
jesmond3945:
In addition to paystack's submission please cite the tutorials you got the code while showing places you made modifications.
Okay, I don't repeat tutorials though, I try to find challenges and try my hands on them.
I'll take that into account, Gracias.
Re: Please, is this okay for a learner? by LikeAking: 11:12am On Sep 11, 2023
captainbangz:

None are wrong…

They dont even employ via repo.
At least 50% of tech jobs or even more is by recommendation.

What’s in your repo does not gurrante a Job or gig..

Just sabi network and find the right people…

No too stress ya self with tech things….

Good luck..
Re: Please, is this okay for a learner? by captainbangz: 11:56am On Sep 11, 2023
LikeAking:

None are wrong…

They dont even employ via repo.
At least 50% of tech jobs or even more is by recommendation.

What’s in your repo does not gurrante a Job or gig..

Just sabi network and find the right people…

No too stress ya self with tech things….

Good luck..

Okay, thanks for your response
Re: Please, is this okay for a learner? by Davidcorny: 1:07pm On Sep 12, 2023
Paystack:

Don't take most people's take here seriously 😂

There's only a handful of people here you should listen to... Those telling you not to commit your code on GitHub don't have any job or haven't actually built anything themselves.
As long as you're learning something from those tutorials please commit your code 😂

It's your _fucking code you typed yourself
This 1000%.
When I first started out and met a fellow nigerian he was criticizing my portfolio left and right, I was using regular JS/HTML/CSS to build a country lookup/IP Lookup site, this guy said I used a framework, only for me to discover he has 0 projects and just an empty GitHub portfolio, he was there trying to convince me to learn jQuery instead of React, lol.. Now I'm in backend bro started telling me to teach him JavaScript. Listen to some people at your own risk. grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Review My Site / To Capture Their Goals In The Design Stage Of The Development Process / UJ Technologies Nigerian Website Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.